Rewriting the Past

By TwilitPrincess

One Villian. Two Princess. Four Champions. Three Sheikah. Five time-travelers. Ten heroes. Two timeline... More

The First Battle
The Aftermath (Though I isn't as bad as it sounds)
The Two Researchers with a Screw (Or More) Missing
The Home of The Gorons
The Chosen Hero Who Fell From the Skies. Literally.
Waking Up and Loss of Chain (?)
Q and A. But With More Questions Then Answers.
Hero of the Skies and the Current Hero
My Friend, the Fish Princess/King Dorephan
Sky's 2.0 and 3.0
To Rito Village!!!
Bird Fight
Realization
The Champion of Sand
The Prisoners and Legend's Silent Fury
To Hyrule Castle (We Don't Get There Yet)
Disappointment
To Korok Forest
The Links Want to Kill Ravioli
Getting Lost in the Lost Woods (Which Makes Sense)
The Gerudo Hallow
The Zora Hallow
The Rito Hallow
The Goron Hallow
The Master Sword
Trees and Lullabies
A Talk with the Princess
Post-inauguration Ceremony
Curse the Yiga
Locating Wild
Wild & the fall of the Yiga
Her
Flurry Rushes
Teleportation
Intermission
Link's Stubbornness is Annoying
Wild Thoughts
The Heiress's Prayer
Infection
Dark Link
To Hateno
A Forgotten Home
Stories of the Era of the Wilds
War is the Worst Kind of Thief
Flora
Links and Zeldas
Thundra Plateau
Urbosa and Riju
Teba and Revali
Sairen
To Divine Beast Vah Ruta!
Mipha and Sidon
Someone Get Me a 'I Hate Malice' T-shirt, Please?
Daruk and Yunobo
There. I Helped Wild. I Need to Hurt Someone Else Now. Balance the Scales.
The First Interesting Council Meeting
Cal's Claustrophobia Comes into Play
I Love the Four Sword System :)
One of my Favorite Battles in Age of Calamity
Gerudo Knife
Meanwhile, at Fort Hateno...
Time Spells
Chapter 63
Part Two of the Fort Hateno Chapter
An Unexpected, But Welcome, Ally(ies, Plural)
The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend, is the Title I Should Have Used Last Time
It Always Is
The Pride of Hyrule
Rhoam Meets Flora (skull emoji)
Short Little Cutscene Before the Big Ending
Cut my Strings
This Is the Longest Story I've Ever Written!
Important Happy Author's Note!
Waterblight
Thunderblight
Windblight
Astor
Wind Is Like A Fly to Harbinger Ganon. A Horse Fly, That Is.
RIP Terrako. He Died Dead.
What We've All Been Waiting For...
Care For A Little Revenge?
Tying Up Loose Ends

Fireblight

37 3 4
By TwilitPrincess

Yunobo

Fireblight was just where Wars had said; outside and in the open.

Which meant that not only did we have to deal with the blight, but also random monsters and the occasional Guardian while fighting it.

The Blight still scares me even though I know that we can beat it, we did it once before.

It seemed angrier than before. It was nighttime in late autumn, and yet the very air felt like it was on fire, a different kind of heat from Death Mountain.

Death Mountain's heat feels protective, like it's driving off dangers that can't survive the heat. I mean, the lava is the main part why we survived the Guardian's assault.

But Fireblight's heat feels malevolent and angry. And all-consuming fire that doesn't care who it torches or what it engulfs.

Yet, Fireblight didn't learn any new moves. In that way, it was predictable.

Fireblight was slow, and Sky was fast, making him a key player in this fight, much more adept at getting around Fireblight's massive blade and dragging his sword through Fireblight's Malice.

The fact that it was the Master Sword made it much more effective.

But it only served to anger him more than anything.

The structures out here were all on fire, as well as a few Hyruleans unfortunate enough to get in Fireblight's way.

Warriors already had to stamp out a fire that had lit up his scarf. It was now safely stored in his pocket. Although last I saw it, the end was blackened.

Needless to say, Warriors was not happy.

Whenever we got a good hit on him in, Fireblight would bring up the fire shield eerily similar to Lord Daruk's and I's shields, and throw fireballs down on us from above as the Malice version of blood clots fill back up the craters in its torso, dripping Malice either falling on us, or burning up as it hits the shield, emitting a sound akin to an inhuman scream.

(Side note: how can a being made of a liquid substance have abs?)

It also had a large weapon.

Fireblight waved it around carelessly. Not caring about if it hit one of us, a monster on its team, or an on fire building that promptly crumbled into a glorified pile of ash at its touch.

Yeah, it was nowhere near this scary when we first fought it.

How did Link even fight this thing alone? I would be in awe if I wasn't trying not to get crushed or killed or both.

"Heads up!" Time yelled as he shot an arrow from his bow.

A glittering white projectile flew through the air, cooling down the atmosphere that almost seemed to glow red-hot as it hurtled toward Fireblight.

The ice arrow hit Fireblight in the shoulder. But it had been nothing but a fire arrow when it landed, annoying Fireblight even more.

"Well that helped." Legend's all-too-familiar sarcastic commentary entering the battlefield.

He and Hyrule had arrived.

The pink-haired hero held two elemental rods as he exchanged his fire rod for his ice rod.

"Glad to see you finally showed up to the party." Warriors sassed back, diving out of the way, tackling Hyrule as they dodged a fireball the size of a Goron.

"Fashionably late, I hope." Legend's voice strained as he swung the ice rod.

Icicles as sharp as daggers formed in the air that the ice rod had touched as they flew toward Fireblight as if launched from a cannon.

The ice rod had more power than Time's ice arrow and the icicles held their form as they struck Fireblight in five different places.

Fireblight roared and the temperature would shatter a thermometer, it was so high. It swung its sword at Legend, who just barely managed to dodge in time, escaping with his tunic on fire.

Combined with the heat and the physical exertion, it was enough to make a Goron sweat.

Twilight arrived with Wind, their hair tousled and cheeks pink from cold, before immediately starting to sweat.

Twilight seemed to regret wearing a wolf skin and like, ten other layers, like Sky, who had already safely stored his Sailcloth in his pouch.

"Y'all don't happen to have an anti-heat item on ya, now do ya?" Daruk asked, backing up.

"I have ice arrows." Wind supplied, already getting out his bow in exchange for a conductor's baton.

"We already tried that, they aren't very efficient." Time said sending more ice arrows at Fireblight because regular and fire arrows burn up before they hit him.

"What about you, Twi?" Sky asked, cutting Fireblight across the back, his red earrings flashing red for a moment.

"Let's see, I have... a scepter that I can use to control statues, a ball and chain, a spinner that I can ride on, oh, and a wind boomerang." Twi deadpanned.

"Can we use the ball and chain?" I asked.

"Sure, but someone'll have to spot me." Twilight said. "It's heavy and I have to get in pretty close."

"I'll spot you." Legend said, running up with a gentle curl of smoke rising from his hair, and a corner of his tunic blackened.

"Thanks..." Twilight said, using his fingers to put out the small fire in Legend's hair.

"How heavy is it?" Daruk asked. "If you need to, the Little One or I could carry it."

Was I the Little One? Did Lord Daruk just give me, an insignificant and cowardly Goron, a nickname? I mean, "Yeah! We can help!"

"No, it's fine." Twilight said, pulling out a large spiked ball on a chain. "It takes a while to learn to aim."

"That looks a lot like my ball and chain..." Warriors mused suspiciously.

"It's probably mine because of the Warriors-fanatic causing all of reality to break."

"Yeah..."

Fireblight got tired of us standing around and talking and brought his sword down on Lord Daruk, who caught it with his shield.

"I have an idea!" Legend called. He brandished his ice rod, using it to freeze the spiked ball in Twi's arms ("Don't freeze me!" "Sorry!") until it was encased in ice with wicked sharp ends.

"I'm getting Blizzeta flashbacks right now." Twilight murmured. "Now, y'all might want to stand back..."

Twilight dropped the ball and grabbed the chain, using it to swing the ball around over his head as he shuffled closer to Fireblight, who didn't seem very concerned, especially with the already melting ice.

It threw a fireball at Twilight, but the projectile was quickly engulfed in ice, reduced to steam.

Fireblight hefted its weapon up, preparing to bring it crashing down on the two. But a blue whip wrapped around the weapon, holding it fast.

My eyes followed the whip as it turned red and found root in Sky's grip as he held it back. But Fireblight was much stronger than the Hero of the Skies was.

I somehow found myself rolling toward Sky, who was skidding across the pavement as Fireblight tried to wrest back its sharp crusher.

I popped up and grabbed the whip with Sky, tugging it back. I could just hope Fireblight didn't have enough sense to try and pull us up.

"Thanks." Sky grunted.

"No problem!"

But then Fireblight did what I had hoped it wouldn't.

The fiend lifted its weapon in the air, dragging Sky and I with it.

As a Goron, I was pretty heavy, so Fireblight had a little trouble getting me in the air but not enough, in my opinion.

My feet had just felt the ground, when they came crashing back down, Sky falling on me. His whip hitting him comically on the head as it fell.

Twilight had hit Fireblight square in the chest with his ball and chain, causing the ice to shatter and further pierce its skin. Or... Malice.

Fireblight screamed in agony, thrown backward.

Twilight panted, rolling up his chain which was no longer attached to a ball as it had all but melted when it came in contact with Fireblight.

"Let's hope I don't ever need to use that again..." Twilight whispered as he put the leftover chain away.

Sky leapt up, recovering quickly from the fall that had left me dazed. He, armed with the Master Sword, and Legend, armed with his ice rod, came down on the stunned blight Ganon, causing him to explode in icy shards of evil.

"Well...now that that's over with..." Time said. "Who's left?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 130 28
in which five people with very unique abilities intermingle while one's consciousness is trapped in a video game.
30.6K 1.3K 13
It all started with a sudden death... - 13.06.17 29.10.18 First ever original reincarnation story I've made. Rewritten Story Discontinued//Finished G...
258 9 6
This story leads us in time before time, world out of the world, but still in the world. Prepare yourself, cause maybe, just maybe, you are the one t...
624 149 35
An adventure story