Rhoam Meets Flora (skull emoji)

King Rhoam

And now, the moment we all, that I, have been waiting for. RIP Rhoam

"King Rhoam, you bastard."

The voice shattered the peaceful moment, ruining my reunion with my daughter.

But in the same way, the voice sounded familiar. Like a word on the tip of your tongue that you just can't form.

I looked up and immediately knew why that was.

Because standing there, at the end of the aisle, was my daughter.

I looked between the Zelda right in front of me, and the one that was marching down the aisle in confusion.

They looked completely different.

My Zelda was seventeen, had long hair, and dark green eyes.

This Zelda looked nineteen, had short hair with the tips dyed blue, and green eyes that glowed in the half light.

My Zelda was soft, delicate, and hadn't seen a day of hardship before the Calamity. (But even that was bending the through if you counted my harsh treatment of her as hardship)

This Zelda was rough around the edges, looked as strong as any general, and had scars that pulled at her skin across her face, and coming out from behind her clothing.

My Zelda was kind and soft-spoken.

This Zelda's eyes burned with the fires of Death Mountain as she stomped angrily up the aisle in my direction.

I'll be honest when I say that it was all I could do to keep myself from running away.

My Zelda stepped out of the way. I noticed the red-clad hero (Lego, was it?) was holding up a Sheikah Slate and looking up over it at the scene as the older blue-clad hero sighed but didn't look away.

This Zelda made it to the dias and then proceeded to give me the biggest scolding I've ever had, using language that I'd hoped my Zelda would not even know existed, much less use.

But here I was. But it wasn't my Zelda, now was it?

Not yet. A tiny voice whispered in the back of my mind. I couldn't help but weigh the pros and cons as well as what might have happened/will have to happen in order for my Zelda to turn into this vicious, un-princess-like warrior with such a wide vocabulary.

I saw a few guards who looked like they wanted to do something about it, but had yet to come out of their reverie.

Finally, the yelling stopped. With furious tears in her eyes, she turned on her heel and marched back down the aisle to Wild, who had gotten his slate back, and left the cathedral.

His arm around her shoulders.

The hall was deathly silent.

I noticed the Yiga in the back (how did Zelda manage to get them to join us?) now looked like they were trying to hold back their laughter.

Along with Lego and Wind.

While Time just looked very conflicted.

"Now..." I said, trying to break the awkward silence. "let us rally our forces for a final push!" I felt the mood steadily lighten as adrenaline filled my veins as well in anticipation. "Troops from all regions shall gather at Hyrule Field.

"Alongside our Princess, we will retake Hyrule Castle!" Everyone cheered.

All except for, I noticed, the heroes in the back. Especially the former war captain who didn't seem to agree with my plan.

"Your Majesty?"

Seriously, what is up with the people ruining my moments?

"I don't think that's the best idea in terms of leadership." The hero in the blue scarf said, stepping forward. "Trust me, I know. When we were reunited with Artemis, we tried to give her command of the army again, but it led to too many casualties. Because everyone was so used to Impa and I's strategies."

Impa did a double take.

"We had to slowly and steadily give her back command."

"Your point is...?" I asked, trying to hide my irritation.

Either I didn't hide it as well as I'd hoped, or he was just really good at reading people, but either way, his scowl deepened. "I'm trying to say that you shouldn't be given full control yet. We need to ease back into it or else we might not win this war."

He ended bitterly. "Because I imagine that you and Zelda have two very different ways of leading."

"Father?" Zelda asked softly. "If you wouldn't mind?"

"Of course." I said. "You should be able to see this through to the end."

"Thank you, father."