Infection

Wild's POV

Rage toward the King and others, I marched forward.

Twilight stopped me. "Don't let your emotions get the best of you."

I glowered at him and shoved his hand off. "I don't need your advice. I can handle myself in battle. Or have you forgotten what I did before the Calamity?"

Twilight flinched like I had slapped him.

A cold fist wrapped around my heart. Part of me wanted to apologize. To tell my brother I love him.

But that hand was replaced with an iron one.

I would protect Zelda to the last breath. From threats both physical, and psychological.

I continued out into the rain. Monsters had gathered in the clearing before the spring.

The others backed away once they saw my withering gaze. I don't have the patience to play. Those monsters better run.

I let my muscles take control as I fell into the familiar rhythm of battle.

I usually surprised people with my style of fighting.

When I first emerged from the shrine, I only had muscle memory. But that wouldn't be enough to get me through the whole of my adventure.

So I watched monsters, and how they fought.

I requested lessons from each of the five tribes (including the Sheikah).

The Rito taught me how to better handle a bow.

The Zora were the ones who first put a spear into my hands.

The Gorons helped build my strength enough to wield their larger-than-average weapons.

And finally, the Gerudo taught me how to use the curved blade of a scimitar to my advantage.

I always preferred fighting in the Gerudo style of things. They danced more than they fought.

They confused their enemies. Their attacked were graceful yet extremely powerful.

So, the second my traveler's broadsword broke, I got out a moonlight scimitar. When my fingers closed around the weapon, I felt my stature change.

I adjusted my center of gravity.

I thrives in the chaos as the monsters desperately tried to keep up with me. They had somewhat learned my strategy with my old weapon, but now I had rolled the dice.

Urbosa, who was nearby, paused in her fight to watch me.

She stared, her own scimitar completely forgotten, as I fought. Her eyes shone with pride and questions.

She was brought back down to earth once the bokoblin she's been fighting stabbed at her abdomen.

She gave me a 'we'll talk about this later look' before killing the monster.

It looked a little weird on her after so many months of receiving it from Twilight whenever I pulled off a risky move or used a unknown Champion's Ability in the middle of a fight. Or right before blacking out whenever I've done something that'd gotten me fatally injured or killed.

——————

I threw a bomb at a tree to stop the monsters' advance.

I back to find Zelda had collapsed on the ground, the shadows under her eyes even more prominent now.

"I need to rest." She panted.

Just then more monsters attacked. Great. The time of my life.

Zelda recovered in the time it took for us to eliminate any immediate threat.