Getting Lost in the Lost Woods (Which Makes Sense)

Link's POV

When a Revali finally cleared all the monsters, we began the treacherous journey down the mountain.

I helped Zelda down, making sure she didn't fall.

Her father would kill me.

We where almost halfway down when we heard someone cry out, and a sickening snap!

We all looked back to see Wind, tears in his eyes, with his foot trapped between two boulders.

Twilight, Time, Legend, and Warriors wasted no time trying to ease Wind's ankle out.

Four and Hyrule where at the ready with hearty elixirs, fairies, and other medical supplies.

Sky was green at the unnatural way Wind's ankle was pointing.

When Wind's ankle was set, and Hyrule cleared him for travel, Twilight lifted him on his back and we continued.

I marveled at the heroes' loyalty and sense of trust.

Finally, we made it to the entrance of the Lost Woods, where Revali was waiting.

"What took you so long?" He said impatiently.

"We had a little hold up." Zelda said, gesturing to Wind's bandaged ankle.

Revali scoffed but said nothing more.

Probably because Legend was glaring at him again.

We entered the woods.

———

We were lost.

We've been in this fog for what felt like hours. Where's the Korok Forest!

Occasionally, I saw weird shapes in the distance, and eerie child-like laughter.

My hand never left my sword hilt.

I could tell several people were on the alert as well.

I had a feeling we weren't alone.

———

"This is quite the fog." Mipha finally said, breaking the silence and easing my nerves slightly.

"Are we even making progress?" Revali complained. "We could just be going in circles."

I heard Legend mutter something under his breath. Time, who was right next to him, elbowed him and whispered something back in what seemed like a scolding tone.

"Good point. If only someone could fly above and scout the way." Daruk retorted.

I tensed. The feeling of being watched was even stronger now.

"As though I could see anything through this muck." Revali defended. "Honestly, do you ever think before you speak?"

A strange music reached my ears. Like maracas. I looked around but couldn't find the source.

"Getting lost is the least of our worries." Urbosa said. "If something attacked us, we wouldn't see it coming."

"Exactly." Warriors said. "This would be the perfect place for an ambush." He turned to Twilight. "Do you smell anything? He has an amazing sense of smell."

He told our confused faces.

Twilight sniffed the air and shook his head.

"Yes." Zelda said. "We must be prepared for even the most unusual-" Zelda cut herself off.

I looked back in worry.

Zelda gasped.

"Shaka!" Came a new voice. It was one of a strange tree-like creature.

"He looks familiar." I heard Twilight mutter.

"Wher-hee-her! Finally, finally, finally! Somebody sees me! Shaka-laka" The weird creature said.

"Huh? Where do you come from?" Daruk asked. "And who...are you?"

I ran forward to put myself between the newcomer and Zelda.

"Oh me?" He said. "I am the one who brings song and dance to Korok Forest! Hestu!"

Hestu made a wild gesture with his maracas and something came out of the tops.

Legend raised an eyebrow. Hestu certainly was a spirited musician.

"A Korok?" Zelda asked herself.

"That's great!" Daruk exclaimed. "Mind guiding us through the fog, then?"

"Shoko.." Hestu said dishearteningly. "I'd love to get home myself..."

"What happened?" Time asked gently. Which was unexpected coming from a man as imitating as himself.

"There are scary, mean monsters in the woods, and I can't get past them.." Hestu answered sadly.

Revali opened his beak to say something, but Four cut him off, his eyes flashing purple.

"What about we make a deal, huh?" Hestu looked at the small hero curiously. "You m'll show us the way to the Korok Forest... and we'll take care of those monsters for you and your friends."

They're were more of them?

Hestu immediately brightened. "Yes! Let's do it!"

And with that, we followed the Korok deeper into the forest.