Tangled: Hearts and Truths

By Author_ruhii

𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞... More

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐫
𝟏: 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟐: 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐤
𝟑: 𝐌𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐜é
𝟒: 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝟓: 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝
𝟔: 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝟕: 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝟖: 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐱
𝟗: 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝
𝟏𝟎: 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞
𝟏𝟏: 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟐: 𝐊𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫
𝟏𝟑: 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝟏𝟒: 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞
𝟏𝟓: 𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬
𝟏𝟔: 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬
𝟏𝟕: 𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐭
𝟏𝟖: 𝐖𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝟏𝟗: 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬
𝟐𝟎: 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟐𝟐: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞
𝟐𝟑: 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝟐𝟒: 𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟐𝟓: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝟐𝟔: 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞
𝟐𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞
𝟐𝟖: 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞
𝟐𝟗: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟑𝟎: 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐇𝐞𝐫
𝟑𝟏: 𝐊𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝
𝟑𝟐: 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟑𝟑: 𝐀 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟑𝟒: 𝐋𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐬
𝟑𝟓: 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐜
𝟑𝟔: 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭
𝟑𝟕: 𝐆𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭
𝟑𝟖: 𝐊𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝, 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧?
𝟑𝟗: 𝐇𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫?
𝟒𝟎: 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝟒𝟏: 𝐀 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝟒𝟐: 𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞.
𝟒𝟑: 𝐈𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐛𝐞𝐬
𝟒𝟒: 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬
𝟒𝟓: 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝟐𝟏: 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

17K 1K 85
By Author_ruhii

"Who the he--" Sidharth stopped as he saw Arhaan. He's looking tensed. The moment I buttoned his last button, he ran somewhere, As if he saw someone. But I don't think it was that letter writer, he'd atleast tell me if it was him.

"I'm sorry" He said to Sidharth. "Is there something wrong?" I asked in a concerned tone. I realised coming here was a bad decision the moment I got to know that Arhaan and his friends used to come here with Vidyut.

Arhaan shook his head before walking away. I kept looking at him untill someone else came in front of my eyes. "What is he doing here?" I said putting a hand on my face and motioning Aaliya to look in that direction.

She turned to see there and her eyes bulged open when she saw him. "Mahir!" She muttered. "Which Mahir?" Sidharth asked. He is unaware of his sister's 'kaands' afterall. "Mahir, wo ladka, dekho, pine me kitna maahir hai" I said pointing at a complete drunk man and giving Sidharth a high five.

He was the first guy who cheated on Aaliya. I swear I laughed alot when his wounds took more than 4 months to cure. I'm expert in fighting from very long ago.
He was also an inspiration to me for not dating anyone.

I saw Arhaan walking upstairs.  I'm sure he is feeling low because of this place. If I knew it earlier that they used to come here together then maybe I wouldn't let him come here.  "Hey, I'll go check on him" I said to Aaliya before walking upstairs.

I opened the rooftop door to see it decorated in green lights,small flower pots at some places. I looked up to see the sky filled with stars, A smile formed on my face looking at the amazing scenery, But it soon vanished away when I saw Arhaan sitting on the edge.

How can someone be that stupid! I put a hand on my head looking at him. I just saved his life. I'm really great. He's giving a perfect chance to that letter writer to increase his kill rate. Just one push and...

"I guessed there was something wrong" I exclaimed. He turned his head to the side, not completely turning to me. "There's nothing wrong, I just wanted to be alone" He mumbled lightly.

As if I'll believe it.

I was about to walk towards him but I noticed the open door. I'll need to use my brain for us both. I locked the door to here. Not giving that letter writer a chance to increase his kill rate by 2.

I silently walked there and sat beside him. Just don't look down. That's it. That's it. Don't look down. Don't. Don't, don't.

I looked down and my heart came out of my body. "Agar mai gir kar mar gai Naa, to mai aatma bankar lautungi" I informed him, in case he'd start crying for me. holding his arms and closing my eyes tightly.

He let out a dry chuckle, and I really want to award him Guinness World record for the fakest laugh in the world. He could say something like, your not less then a witch already.

Did I just insulted myself?

Leave it, he's really too off.

"You know? It is scientifically proven that when a person asks you to go away, that person wants you to stay" And it's discovery was done by me, just now. He didn't said anything.

"For how long are you gonna keep this all inside you? You need to let it out if you want to be free" I explained him, trying to keep my voice as calm as possible.

He slowly lifted his eyes and I swear, it was filled with a deep, profound sadness that seemed to consume his entire being. The pain and hurt reflected in his gaze was so raw and intense, it was impossible not to feel it deep in my soul.

I wondered how this man lived all these years. I held his hands tightly, "Nothing was your fault" I said unknown to anything, but what I know is that these four words can affect him alot.

"No-one, no. One. Said it once in these five years. What I only heard was.." he remained silent for a second "Because of you.." he said looking up at the stars.

"You need to forget this" I said slowly rubbing his back. "I want to! I fucking want to, Akshara" Suddenly, he broke in tears. "Arhaan" I gasped pulling him tightly to my chest and rubbing his head back.

"I want to...but his screams" He gulped. "His screams keep echoing in my ears" I held him by his head and pulled him away. "You'll feel alot better if you share it with someone." I told him.

He wiped away his tears and sat staight again.  "There is.... always a friend you are more closer with, in a friend circle. He was that friend. Actually, he was just like a brother to me. We literally spent all the time roaming here and there together. I was very different then"  He exhaled.

"The day we came to this club, We were celebrating Vidyut's birthday." He looked at a corner and pointed there, "There. There, we both were standing and...chilling when he got a call. He talked and then suddenly, he became all serious and said that he has a work. Then we all went back home. The entire day, he was acting weird." I wiped a tear running down his cheek.

"When I was sleeping, I got his call, I was sleepy but still managed to pick up. "Arhaan, I have to tell you something". This line.....I still remember this." I stared at him.

"Then, he asked me to come to his building. I didn't wasted much time and rushed there. I was having a bad feeling, I remember. When I reached there, I saw him waving at me from the 13th floor. The elevators weren't installed there yet, so I had to use the staircase. I remember, I promised myself to beat him for making me walk that much." He let out a soft chuckle.

"But when I reached there, I saw him sitting on a stool with 4 wine bottles beside him on the ground and 1 in his hand. When he saw me, "We will have to wait for the entry of the main villain" he said grabbing another bottle from the he ground and offering me. He was looking very down, and I suspected there was something wrong.

I literally remember each thing.  I refused, knowing that I don't stay in senses when I drink. But he pleased and..." He held my hand tightly, turning to me and looking Deep in my eyes.

"I drank 2 bottles with him, and.....I don't remember anything further then hearing him screaming for my name. You understand, Akshara? He screamed my name because someone was killing him." Tears again in his eyes, but I can feel him trying his best not to cry.

"Killing him in front of my eyes and I wasn't in my senses. I didn't helped him. Maybe, I kept seeing everything. Only if I didn't drank that night, maybe, he'd be here with us today."

It is clear, someone killed him. It was a murder. If he said that he was waiting for the villain then it means he knew him, and the one who killed him was that villain. He took advantage of Arhaan not remembering anything and put the blame on him.

"Nothing was your fault." I told him. He looked at me again, as if trying to read in my eyes wether I'm saying truth or not. "It wasn't your fault. You get it?" I said in a loud voice this time. He lightly shook his head "I am, If not for his, then--" He stopped. I doubted what he was about to say but didn't asked looking at his condition.

"I understand how much it is weighing on you, but please Arhaan, try not to blame you. Nothing was your fault, Afterall you couldn't have predicted or prevented what happened."
I said fidgeting with my hands. I know I'm very bad at comforting someone, but I'll try my best.

"Everyone faces hard time in life" I said as he remained silent.
"But not everyone is blamed for someone's death" He said unveiling the memories of my past. "Not everyone, but I was also blamed" He turned to me with surprised eyes.

"Not as brutal as yours, maybe" I muttered. "For whom?" He asked in disbelief. "My mother" I smiled at him, trying my best to show him that it doesn't affects me. "They said that I was unlucky. That I killed my own mother just after taking the birth" I looked up at the stars as it became hard to keep the tears.

He kept looking at me for a minute. "They, who?" He asked in a serious tone. I managed to smile again. "My grandparents" I answered. "They wanted a grandson. Who'd take over the family business, take care of the family, and give pride to the family. Which they thought that girls can't. They even pressurised papa for Second marriage, but he refused." I said remembering the stories He told me about him and my mother.

"He loved my mother alot. More than anything, more than anyone, and more than himself. Just like the fictional characters." I chuckled at last line. "So, do you think it affects me?" I said trying to be as cool as possible.

I remember, it used to affect me the most. I used to sit in a corner and cry for hours, repeatedly saying sorry to my mother. I was just 7 then. But one day, my father saw me and convinced me that it wasn't my fault. It was a long hour explanation.

He changed our house once he got to know that grandma used to treat me badly. He always gave me the princess treatment a daughter deserves.

"Ohh shit. Instead of comforting you, maine apni hi katha shuru kardi" I gasped putting a hand on my forehead. "I'm sorry" I looked up at him, looking down on the busy road. "For making your life like this. For putting your life in danger, For not being able to find that man. But, I'll try to get you out of it as soon as possible."

"But what if I like this?" I said without even thinking. He looked up in my eyes. "I--I mean the sky! Look!" I said pointing up at the sky. He looked up in the stars and I looked up at him.

I just discovered that admiring the one who is admiring the stars is more admirable.

It'd be best to go back home now and I don't think it'd be easy to find that letter writer now either.

But I will, soon.

He knows it. He knows who killed him, or maybe he killed him, but still, he's enjoying all the blame on Arhaan. "Let's go back home" I said getting up. He nodded and got up. We both went downstairs again.

I looked in the crew for others but didn't find anyone. "Akshara" I heard a familiar voice from behind me. Shit. I turned behind with a long fake smile. "Mahir!" I exclaimed looking at his bigger smile than mine.

"Is she also here?" He asked raising his one brow at me. "Yeah, but she is busy with her boyfriend. Why?" I saw his smile twitching. I looked everywhere, Shaurya isn't here, it means he'd be with her.

"Aksharaa" Arhaan shouted from somewhere. "My husband is calling me, byyy" I said before walking away and looking for Arhaan. But suddenly, something striked to my mind and I turned back to look at Maahir.

What if he is the letter writer? He is her ex and he also don't have a good relation with me. He has all the motives to do that. But then again, The guy who can't even fight me can not kill others.

But what if he can?

But then again, my eyes fell on another guy staring at me from afar, leaning against the counter. What if it's is him? I looked him up and down. Suddenly, a smile formed on his lips.

I took a step forward to clearly note his reaction. Afterall reaction matters alot, I heard this in a movie. I saw his smile growing. And suddenly, he started walking towards me. I looked all around him to look for any guns or knife, but there isn't any.

He took last step towards me, and he is standing in front of me. But I'm lost in wondering if there is a possibility of him being the letter writer. "Drin--" He was interrupted by a sudden pull on my hand, causing me to bump into someone's chest.

I couldn't help but notice his amazing physique. I could feel the strength in his chest and the definition of his muscles beneath his shirt. No-no I have a husband. What if I didn't even got the chance to see him shirtless yet. It's still a bad thing and I shouldn't do it. I was about to step back but noticed the familiar scent.

"Why did you pulled me?" I said looking up at Arhaan. "So did you wanted to have a drink with that man?" I crooked my brows in confusion but then my eyes lit with realisation, He was just a randome person, not that letter writer.

"I wouldn't mind" I said playfully to check his reaction. He held me by my head, turning me around, then pushing me lightly forward. "There, he is." He said pointing in that man's location. "Go." I looked at Arhaan in disbelief, my jaw dropped.

"You sure?" I gasped. He leaned down to my level. "Yes" He said standing straight again. Fine. As if I became jealous when he was talking to that, whatever, I'm not interested in remembering everyone's name.

I took a step forward when suddenly I felt a tight grip on my wrist. "So you really dare to?" He said pulling me back causing me to hit his chest again. Suddenly, someone stepped on my foot with heels causing me to wince in pain. "I'm really sorry" The girl who stepped on my foot said without even minding to turn to me.

But I minded.

"Is it paining?" Arhaan asked. "Not much" I said looking down at my foot. "Can you walk?" Suddenly, a smirk started forming on my lips, but I managed to hide it. "Let me check" I said taking a step.

I can walk.

"I can't walk, it's paining alot." I exclaimed. He looked down at my foot then raised a brow at me. "But there isn't a wound" Yeah, and there isn't any pain too. "Not every wounds are visible" I informed him.

"Fine, let's go home asap" He said putting a hand on my waist and lifting me up in his arms. Why do I walk if I have a husband?

"But I really wanted to drink with him" I said looking at Arhaan with regretting reaction. "You dare to say this when I'm the one carrying you?" He said walking towards the exit.

"Belive me Mr Singhaniya, your still not aware of the things I dare to do" I said wrapping my hands around his neck, so that I don't fall.

When we walked out of the exit door, my phone beeped and I instantly checked the message.

Fucker : Didn't even tried to meet me? So rude of you.

Try to keep your legs in work. Someone doesn't like to see you  in someone else's arms.

I gulped. Before any other thing could come in my mind, something striked to my mind. "Arhaan." I exclaimed. He hummed as we reached the car and he put me down. "Don't get fluttered, okay?" I said taking out my phone and opening the camera.

He looked up at me in confusion. "Lean down to my level." I said turning his head to the side and pointing the camera at us. He did  as I said and leaned to me.

I took a long breath, held him by his head and planted a soft peck on his left cheek. I heard the camera's sound as I clicked the picture, and without wasting a minute, I sent it to that fucker.

It didn't took much time for the reply, and my eyes lit up in amusement.

Fucker: It'd be my honour to accept your challenge, Mrs. Singhaniya.

"Arhaan, you see this?" I asked him. He didn't said something, he is standing like a stone with his one hand on his cheek.What happened to him?

"Arhaan?"

__________________________🕊️_____

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE UP IN 3-4 DAYS.

TILL THEN, keep voting, commenting and follow me.

Thank you💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 157K 120
This story is about a relationships between a father and daughter. A wife and husband. And 2 best friend. "G-g-go" I stuttered moving back a little...
His Wife By

Romance

964 58 4
A woman in her 20's cooking late night maggi with sleepy eyes, her eyes are screaming emptiness, after 5 minutes she took her hot maggi to her room a...
24.8K 1.3K 44
He's the kind of person that normal folks wouldn't dare to disrespect or even meet eyes with. What unfolds when a small mistake brings a certain some...
1.7M 72.4K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...