The Flower of Soline

By Pudding98

"The Flower of Soline?" "Yes." The figure smiled, "It's a beautiful name, no?" "Yes it is. What is it about... More

Chapter 1 - Transmigrating
Chapter 2 - Surroundings
Chapter 3 - Name
Chapter 4 - Colorless
Chapter 5 - Leon Frenzel
Chapter 6 - Erik Frenzel
Chapter 7 - New Environment
Chapter 8 - Breakfast
Chapter 9 - Carriage Ride
Chapter 10 - Meeting with the King
Chapter 11 - The Garden
Chapter 12 - Wait...Your who?
Chapter 13 - Propose a Competition
Chapter 14 - Views from the Palace
Chapter 15 - Intruder
Chapter 16 - Two Sides
Chapter 17 - Interrogation
Chapter 18 - Memories
Chapter 19 - Blurry Dreams
Chapter 20 - Break through
Chapter 21 - Confrontation
Chapter 22 - History class
Chapter 23 - Combat Training
Chapter 24 - Friendly Fight
Chapter 25 - Eavesdropping
Chapter 26 - The Chase
Chapter 27 - Helping Hand
Chapter 28 - Outside the Dean's Office
Chapter 29 - Inside the Dean's Office
Chapter 30 - Mythical and Demonic Beast
Chapter 31 - Aria
Chapter 32 - Mother's talk
Chapter 33 - The Ritual
Chapter 34 - The Guest
Chapter 35 - Small creature
Chapter 36 - Realizations
Chapter 37 - Dinner
Chapter 38 - The Royal Family
Chapter 39 - The Gift
Chapter 40 - Fear
Chapter 41 - Shall We?
Chapter 42 - The Mark
Chapter 43 - Apology
Chapter 44 - Medicine and Movement
Chapter 45 - Arrival
Chapter 46 - Treats and a Deal
Chapter 47 - Cookies and a Visit
Chapter 48 - Two Butlers and a Dragon
Chapter 49 - The Letter
Chapter 50 - Preparing for Dinner
Chapter 51 - Dinner
Chapter 52 - Festival
Chapter 53 - Acceptance
Chapter 54 - ***
Chapter 55 -
Chapter 56 - Trails and talks
Chapter 58 -Start
Chapter 59 - The Gelani Empire
Chapter 60 - Run
Chapter 61 - Familiar Faces
Chapter 62 - Way Out
Chapter 63 - Miscalculations
Chapter 64 - Sleep
Chapter 65 - Epilogue
Ask the Author
Volume 2

Chapter 57 - The Hunting Grounds

1.4K 67 3
By Pudding98

Authors note: Enjoy! Sorry for the delay!

Aether had seen the hunting grounds from the windows of the Academy. It was nothing special. A simple patch of grass that spanned a couple of miles, reaching from the side of the school to the forest that surrounded the Kingdom. He had only glimpsed at it, thinking nothing of it, after all the hunting competition was never mentioned in the novel.

And yet here he was. Sitting on a chair with Mina and Neal on either side of him, tending to his every need. Of course there were other servants, many servants, his father made sure of that, but they were sent away to set up the tents.

Yes, tents.

Aether was expecting a single tent for lodging, but to the little surprise he had left in his body, his parents had packed over five tents. One large one and four small ones.

The larger tent was like a study of sorts. A giant desk was set up in the middle and a couple of chairs were arranged around it. A large map was being tacked down in the middle with a few small pieces of wood on the side with words written on them. Aether couldn't make out what they said, but he assumed it had to be the names of the participants. Mainly because each piece of wood had a unique color on the bottom, the two being red obviously belonging to Aria and Leon.

The other four tents were their lodgings. His tent was situated in the middle, with his siblings' tents on the side of his and his parents situated right next to him. Guards were stationed around the tents, creating a makeshift barrier. Under their watch no one would be able to enter without his parents knowing.

Including Nox.

Aether was given no chance to talk to Nox before he was dragged away by his father and practically thrown at the Kings feet. The King had a smug look on his face much to his fathers displeasure, and without saying a word he and Nox disappeared into their tent.

The King's tent was like a palace compared to theirs. It was situated on higher ground in the dead center of the field, right in the front. From what Aether had learned the higher of status you were the closer to the King's tent you were. Since the Frenzel family was one of the three top war families in the Soline Kingdom, they had the right to set up a tent right next to the King.

Usually one would be thrilled over the prospect, but it seems his father wasn't so happy with the location this time around.

Aether casually took a sip of tea, watching as the King once again strode over with a smug look on his face and said something to his father, making him burn the paper in his hands. It wasn't long before he was chasing the laughing King away once more.

"You shouldn't be outside." Leon walked up to Aether, he placed his sword on the ground as he attached metal cuffs onto his wrist. Aether eyed the metal cuffs, they were a sterling silver with a small design carved into them. He wasn't surprised to see them. He had witnessed first hand last night his mother polishing the wrist cuffs herself. A scene that he engraved in his mind because he was certain he would never see it again. Aria also had a pair, but unlike Leon's fire design, Aria had flowers.

Aether rolled his eyes at his brother's words. Not letting it get to him. "There is no harm in me being out here." He glanced around, noticing the obvious lack of tents in the giant field, "Besides, there's not even a lot of people here yet."

Leon scoffed, "Just because they haven't arrived yet doesn't mean it's safe to sit out in the open." His words had merit, but his eyes told Aether the truth. Leon was glaring daggers at the tents connecting to the King's. Every now and then Nox's figure could be seen, but as soon as he made eye contact with Aether, he would be dragged away by the King or by one of the servants. Obviously, during the competition he wasn't allowed to mingle with the 'enemy', but Aether was one hundred percent certain that Nox would be stopping to say hi before the start of the tournament.

"Aether." Aria's voice called from behind him.

Both Aether and Leon turned around gazing at their sister who was also trying on her wrist cuffs. She looked stunning, more so than usual. Her hair was neatly tied back and her outfit was pristine, almost like it was brand new.

It probably was.

"Mother wants you inside for lunch."

Aether paused and glanced behind her. He couldn't see the table from here, but the smell of food was definitely inviting. He stood up, ready to go and eat, but stopped when he noticed a small detail. "What about you and Leon?"

Aria shook her head, "Leon and I will be participating in a spar with the Driscoll's, we will join you afterwards."

Aether frowned. "I see." without another word he headed over to eat.

The Driscoll family, one of the three famed war families. From what he had learned from his mother, the Driscoll family favored far ranged attacks. Their skills with the bow and arrow were second to none, but get them in close range combat and their weakness shines. Those facts were interesting and good to note down, but what Aether found fascinating about the Driscoll family was the strange occurrence that ninety nine percent of their children were female. In fact, the Driscoll family hadn't had a son born into the family in over eight generations, with the new generation finally breaking that strike.

Two daughters and one son. The Driscoll family took great cautions in protecting their youngest. Just like Aether he was kept locked away from prying eyes until recently, but unlike Aether he had abilities.

As interesting as it would be to meet the children of the Driscoll family, Aether thought it better to wait and meet them when they were not engaging in a spar with his siblings.

He took a seat at the small table. Although multiple plates were set out, his mother was the only other person eating. Aether glanced at the plates, "The spar won't be long?" He quirked an eyebrow and began to eat.

His mother scoffed, "With how weak they are in close combat, they will be done in a matter of minutes."

Aether nodded in understanding. Although the Driscoll family sounded powerful, when compared to the Frenzel family they still fell short.

It didn't take long before Erik barged into the tent, a smirk on his face.

His mother smiled, "Seems like it was our win."

"Of course." Erik pulled out the chair and took a seat, wasting no time in digging into his food. "Should have seen the look on those bastard's faces. They really thought they could win this year."

"Oh?"

Erik shook his head, "They tried training in close combat, and that little brat of theirs put up a good fight, but compared to their long distance combat it was practically worthless."

His mother hummed, "Still, it will be good to keep a close eye on them. You never know what tricks they have up their sleeves."

"Mother, father." Aria entered the tent followed by Leon.

The two greeted them with little acknowledgement, but upon hearing another voice the two froze.

"Good evening!" A young but robust voice said.

Aether turned to face the newcomer. He was tall, but not as tall as Leon. His build was lean, but you could see the well defined muscles that came with years of training. His dirty blonde hair stuck out all over the place. Aether could even see a small branch sticking out. The boy was obviously young, he had a cute and energetic face that still had lingering baby fat.

Aether gave him a quick once over, 'Brown eyes, dirty blonde hair, lean muscle...Driscoll?' He frowned. 'Was this really the prized son of the Driscoll family?'

His mother was the first to say something. She let out a small cough, "Edwin, what a surprise. I didn't know you would be...joining us..." His mother grimaced not finishing the sentence as if it would bring too much pain to say it.

Edwin grinned, his white teeth wide and his eyes sparkling, "Of course! I wouldn't miss an opportunity to get closer to my precious angle!" He twirled on his feet and got down on one knee, grabbing Aria's hand and giving it a kiss.

Aria let out an audible sigh.

Aether raised an eyebrow at the development. 'Oh?'

Aria was considered a small love interest to the first prince in the novel and although she was a good candidate, the moment the female lead made her appearance Aria was no longer in the picture. After experiencing what Aria was like in real life, he didn't expect his sister to have any potential love interest, but to think there was such a person.

A very...interesting person.

Aria ripped her hand out of Edwin's hand and took a seat next to her mother. Edwin, like a puppy, tried to follow her, but Leon was quick to sit on the other side of her, preventing Edwin from sitting near her.

Edwin frowned, but quickly regained his smile. "Haha! Of course! How crude of me to think of sitting next to my angle prior to our engagement!"

"What engagement!" The three yelled in unison. Obviously angry with the others words, but Edwin didn't acknowledge them and took a seat next to Aether.

His big eyes turned towards Aether and with as much enthusiasm as he could muster he said, "Hello brother-in-law, it's nice to meet you." He quickly grabbed Aether's hands and shook it with great strength.

Aether grimaced at the strength and tried to pull away. Edwin sensed it and quickly let go with an awkward laugh. "Hahaha, sorry. I forgot that you are rather...weak." There was a single pause, "Anyway! Let's start eating! Wow, look at all the food. This is so good. Aria my angel you have to try this. Brother-in-law, don't be shy start eating, you need to build up your strength. You too Leon! Hahaha, don't give me that look."

Aether's eyes twitched and his hands clenched around his fork. For the first time, the entire family had the same thought.

'Annoying.'

On the far end of the hunting ground, in a part of the forest where creatures were being set up by the professors, a pair of students hid.

"Are you sure this will work?" Lucian gazed at the crates behind them, a few demonic creatures were growling and hissing at them, their eyes glowing red.

"Of course." His new acquired friend quickly took the demonic creatures and placed them within the holding circle.

Lucian pursed his lips. He knew better than anyone that once the holding circle was broken and the creatures were released, these demonic creatures would not only wreak havoc on the other creatures, but also the students. It was a rather dangerous plan and one he was not too sure about going through with.

His new friend paused, his eyes calculating as he observed him. He let out a mocking laugh, "Don't tell me you are having second thoughts?"

Lucian frowned, not liking the way this student was looking at him. As if he were beneath him.

"No. Put them in and let's go." Lucian turned around and left without waiting for the other student to follow.

The student watched as his figure disappeared into the forest. An eerie smile appeared on his lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 169 7
"I keep waiting, Chuck. But I'm tired." Tears fell from her eyes. Her hair was a mess and she was a mess. "Keep waiting for what, Eva?" His eyebrows...
6K 660 12
❝︎︎ life doesn't happen to us. we happen to live. ❞︎︎ ────── 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃, the stars were her friends and one day she met the man who lived amo...
16.1K 791 6
Abelard thought, so long as he did not approach the protagonist, he'd be completely fine, disregarding any of the reputation the original gained as a...
8.2K 785 41
*Removed for editing* She does not believe in fairy tales. She is not looking for prince charming. She does not believe in promises. He is a modern d...