Roller Skate || Alex Gaskarth...

By thedreamerswritings

In which a boy and a girl of polar opposites begin to connect over vinyls, cassettes, roller discos and danci... More

Part I: Autumn
Chapter 1: First Impressions
Chapter 2: Exits And Entrances
Chapter 3: Roller Rinks And Awkward Encounters
Chapter 4: Bronze Coins At The Bottom Of An Empty Jar
Chapter 5: Bruises
Chapter 6: Carousel
Chapter 7: Tuesday
Chapter 8: The Midnight Quest For The Cat In Distress
Chapter 9: Sunny Side Up
Chapter 10: The Adventures Of Stella And The Two Explorers
Chapter 11: Fistfights And Nosebleeds
Chapter 12: Kisses Like Cookies
Chapter 13: The Rocky Road Of Friendship
Chapter 15: Protection Is The Key Word
Chapter 16: The Underground
Chapter 17: Heavy Metal Moshers
Chapter 18: The Mistake Of The Scarlet Poppy
Chapter 19: Monday
Chapter 20: Empty Basement Banter And An Apology
Chapter 21: Mr.Barakat And The Talk
Chapter 22: The Rush Of It All
Chapter 23: Falling Into Place
Part II : Winter
Chapter 24: Broken, Beaten And Defeated
Chapter 25: Missing
Chapter 26: Who's To Blame?
Chapter 27: Two Seconds Too Late
Chapter 28: Just Go
Chapter 29: Too Much
Chapter 30: I'll See You Soon
Part III: Spring
Chapter 31: The Twentieth Letter
Chapter 32: Dear Kit
Chapter 33: Homecoming
The Letter Lost Beneath The Waves
Chapter 34: Cam's Story
Part IIII: The Return Of Autumn
Chapter 35: Goodbye
Epilogue
Authors Note (Because It's A Tradition)
Bonus Chapter: The Long Walk Home

Chapter 14: High Climber Gaskarth

1K 48 61
By thedreamerswritings

Alex

He wasn't sure if he had arrived a little early as he pulled outside Kit's house, Stella's engine purring surprisingly healthy that morning, which was always a good sign.

It was about midday, but--what if she wasn't even up yet?

He wasn't really one of those teenagers who liked to stay in bed half the day. He enjoyed mornings, but he wasn't sure if Kit felt the same way.

He was about to find out anyway.

He yanked the keys out of Stella and jumped out, feet landing with force as he hit the ground, his converse getting covered with sediments of Autumn soil that was blowing in the low breeze.

With baby steps, he slowly made his way to Kit's front door and rang the doorbell once, not wanting to overdo it. (He didn't really want to sound too eager).

But instead of the rush of footsteps and extreme movement he had expected (and secretly hoped) to hear, he heard silence, no sign of life coming from inside the house.

Strange, Alex thought to himself. He didn't want to sound in anyway cocky, but Kit had seemed to be excited about their day out today last night (he wasn't ready to call this a date yet), and well, she would't have stood him up.

Would she?

After about another five minutes of absolute silence, Alex decided to ring the doorbell again, dreaded thoughts filling his head.

What if she had injured herself after he had left her home last night?

What if she had slipped on her porch steps and had knocked herself out, and a neighbour had to take her away?

What if she was in trouble?

But soon enough, Alex found out that it was none of the above, because suddenly the little mail slot she and in her door popped open, but when he crouched down, no eyes peeped out to greet him.

"Alex?" a sniffling voice asked.

"Kit? Are you okay?" he asked immediately, knowing by her tone of voice that something was up.

"I'm...I'm fine. Listen....about today....I've changed my mind." she whimpered, and Alex felt his heart smash into a million little pieces.

"What?" he asked, confusion and a little bit of a crippling sadness settling on him.

She had changed her mind? Had the kiss been so bad that she was too embarrassed to even be around him anymore? Had his breath smelled bad?

No, she had stated he'd tasted like cookies.

But what if she didn't like cookies?

He ran a hand through his hair.

"Do you want me to pick you up later? We can go to the Rink--"

"Alex, please just go away." she said roughly, but her breathing was heavy, and she sounded like she was crying.

"Kit--"

"I don't want to talk to you right now."

And then slam! the mail slot was closed and Alex was left with his back against the door, his heart crushed as he was left to ponder how the fuck did he mess this one up.

~

Kit

She sobbed quietly as her back slid down the door and she hugged her legs close to her body, curling herself up like an armadillo.

"Kit? Have you got rid of Alex yet?" called Cam from her sitting room.

She sobbed harder at the mention of Alex, but she muffled her cries as much as she could, not wanting to alert Cam of her current emotional state.

She wasn't supposed to be here, sobbing on her shitty-ass oak floor that was probably worth more money than Alex's whole house, while Cam was inside watching some stupid movie. She was supposed to be sitting shotgun in Stella, Alex laughing by her side in the driver's seat.

Alex.

He probably hated her now.

God she wanted to kiss his lips again so badly, wanted to feel the heat between them rekindle as she ran her fingers through his messy hair....

"Kit? You still there?" called Cam stupidly, and she wiped away her tears, pushing Alex out of her mind (not altogether, but nearly) and trudged back into her living room, only to find Cam scoffing popcorn on her couch and a black and white movie playing on her screen.

"You're missing James Dean in action." he said as he patted the vacant cushion beside him.

"You know how much you hate missing James Dean."

Thank God they had the curtains drawn, which meant that he couldn't see her tear stained face. She wiped her nose with her sleeve and sat down beside Cam silently, eyes focusing on the screen and trying to put a halt to the tears threatening to spill over.

"Do you think Gayskarth will leave you alone now?" asked Cam as he shoved a handful of buttery popcorn into his mouth.

Kit didn't answer him.

For she knew herself that Alex was most likely never going to utter a single word to her again for rest of her entire life.

It was times like these that even Cam, buttery popcorn, poppets, and James Dean could not distract Kit from her sad thoughts.

~

Alex

Somehow, he had fucked up.

He had come to this conclusion after Kit Parker had slammed her mail slot in his face.

After a long day of being depressed and acting like the world was at end, Alex had decided to gamble his last penny by driving down to Kit's house once again, hoping to find out what the frickety-frack he had done wrong this time.

Unfortunately, he had not even exited Stella for about a half an hour since he had arrived.

Grow some balls Gaskarth, he thought savagely to himself.

Strategy. He needed a strategy. The Gaskarth's were known as the best strategists, right? At least that's what Gammie Gaskarth had once said to him when he was a kid.

But girls?

Girls were a whole different story.

And Kit Parker was the most complex story of them all, in his opinion.

He couldn't think straight, so he stuck on Blink-182, hoping to even find a little brainwave by listening Tom Delonge singing words that made no sense to him.

Still wasn't enough.

All he could think about what her, what was doing, if she slept in her underwear or not, the way she'd kissed him last night.....

He let his head fall against the steering wheel as he groaned.

He was not about to let himself get a boner and be mentally frustrated.

But hitting second base with Kit...or maybe even third base.....

That's it.

Enough was enough.

Alex sighed and smacked his head like an idiot, wiping the images of Kit Parker and her naked body out of his mind.

All he really wanted was to know why she was mad at him.

That's all.

He'd tell her the kiss was nothing, that it was no big deal, that he didn't expect her to commit to him or anything.....

He leapt out of Stella and started to make his way to the front door, heart pounding in his chest.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a small gnome smirking at him, which increased his anxiety by about ninety-one percent. (Gnomes gave him the creeps).

He rang the door bell, his finger slipping on it so that it rang twice instead of once (God damn his sweaty hands).

Unsurprisingly, nobody answered the door.

But this time, Alex felt a slight determination pulse through his body.

He wasn't going to leave without putting up a fight.

He looked up and saw a glow coming from the window on the top right corner of the house, which meant that her room was upstairs, which only meant one thing.

He was going to have to climb.

Now, Alex was a lanky and spindly guy, and his awkward height did not help him when it came to climbing. Sure, he could climb a tree alright, but a house? Now that was going to be a challenge.

Unlike Romeo and Juliet, Kit did not conveniently have a balcony, which really buggered up his great plan of climbing up to her window, but she did have a little window ledge that looked stable enough.

Maybe he could use a ladder.

That was a great idea until Alex realised that he didn't exactly have a ladder with him, nor did he see any sign of a ladder around.

Idiot.

Think, Alex.

Think.

Then a light bulb flickered in his head.

Supplies.

He needed supplies.

He headed back to Stella and popped open her trunk, squinting as he rummaged through the junk that had been stuffed into her over the years.

He wasn't disappointed.

A mangy rope, Jack's old skateboarding helmet (Jesus, that kid could not skate to save his lanky life), the night vision goggles from his and Kit's first adventure and an old AC/DC cassette from Quinn that he thought he'd lost months ago.

He grabbed everything and jogged speedily towards the front of her house but just as he was about to tie the rope, it fucking snapped in his spindly fingers and he cursed loudly and tossed the, now, useless rope away.

Just his luck.

But then, miraculously, plan B was literally right in front of him, staring him in the face that even a blind person could have spotted it (well, maybe. It was too late for him to be thinking of good metaphors to use in his thoughts).

Vines.

Kit's mom or gardener or somebody had planted green vines that had grown all the way to the roof, which was spectacular, really, it was. How had he not noticed them before?

So, without hesitation, Alex jammed Jack's helmet onto his head, put on the night vision goggles and slipped the AC/DC cassette into his back pocket.

And then the climbing began.

It wasn't as easy as he thought it would be, but climbing up a house on vines while wearing skinny jeans was never going to be an easy task.

But dammit this wasn't going good for him.

He'd already nearly plunged to his death twice, and he was pretty sure there was a rip somewhere on his clothing.

He prayed it wasn't near his crotch, or his ass, for that matter.

She better open her God damn window when he knocks on it.

Eventually, Alex reached the window ledge, and hauled himself up so he was clutching the edge of her roof while his feet stood on the ledge. He was shaking, and he refused to look down.

Music played softly from her room, Green Day to be exact, and from the sounds of it, it was Dookie, which made his thin lips curl into a wide smile.

He kicked the window.

The music stopped.

Footsteps, thank God, he heard footsteps.

Shuffling, the sound of curtains being drawn, then a shrill scream.

The window popped open, nearly knocking him over, which resulted in another scream from her as he wobbled on the window ledge.

"Alex what the fuck are you doing?" she yelled, eyes wide in horror as he grinned nervously down at her.

He'd never heard her curse before.

It was kind of cute.

"And what the fuck are you wearing?" she groaned as she took in the skateboarding-helmet-and-night vision-goggles appearance.

"Uhmmm....hey." he said, stupidly going for the casual approach. What else was he supposed to say?

"Oh hey Kit! Just chilling on your window ledge. It's pretty rad up here! Sorry about whatever I did wrong by the way!"

Jesus-fuck.

"Alex how--"

"Don't mean to be rude Kit, but can I please come in?" he said, his breathing becoming laboured as he looked down.

He felt dizzy, and he began to sway.

"Alex no! No! No! This is all my fault oh dear God, why am I so stupid..." she trailed off as his foot hovered in the air.

"Get the fuck in here!" she screeched at him, and she lunged out , grabbing him an pulling him in to her room, both of them tumbling on her floor, breathless.

"Thanks for that." he panted, heart racing. He took off the helmet and night goggles.

"Anytime." she replied, staring at the ceiling.

"You're ignoring me." he said, feeling the hurt in his voice.

"I'm not. I'm just avoiding you. It's different." she said, and she sounded like she was close to tears.

"Oh." he said, deflated.

"I don't want to anymore though." she said quietly, and he tuned to face her on his side.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"I-I don't care what he says anymore." she said, tears now sliding down her cheeks.

"Am I missing something here?" he asked, getting desperate to know even a little piece of what was going on with Kit.

"You need to leave." she said
suddenly, and he frowned.

"No." he said firmly, sitting up and giving her a hard stare.

"That's not fair, Kit! Honestly, can't you tell that I actually like you? I climbed your fucking house to try and see you! And all I get is you telling me I have to leave when all I want to do is wrap my arms around your waist and make out with you until I can't breathe." he said angrily.

She was crying harder now, and it was becoming incredibly hard for him to stay mad.

"It's Cam." she said quietly, and he blinked, dumbfounded.

"Cam?" he asked.

"You and I....we....we can't with him around, Alex! I don't want to tell you to leave today, fuck, I want so badly for you to take me away, but Cam is my best friend and I promised him I wouldn't and now everything's a mess...." she trailed off and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand as she began to pace up and down her room.

"I mean, the more I distance myself from you, the less I'll be tempted to...you know..."

She bit her lip paused to look at him.

"I understand." he said, eyes now locking on his shoes.

"I'm sorry I uhm...caused all this...uhmm..." he trailed off, flapping his hand like a bird flaps a wing.

"...stress and stuff for you." he finished.

He stared down at his nails, realising that the black paint on them was chipping off.

How un-punk rock of him.

"I'll be on my way then." he said, clearing his throat loudly.

He walked out the door, leaving the window trip for another day, but he ended up hitting his forehead off the door frame, which made him groan and clutch his head, making him feel humiliated.

"Sorry 'bout that." he mumbled embarrassedly. He proceeded to walk across her landing and down her stairs.

"Alex!"

He turned around, only to be met by Kit jumping full force into his arms, making them both tumble to the floor together, her on top of him, a desperate look in her multi-coloured eyes.

"Cam doesn't have to know." she whispered.

Alex stifled a laugh, half mixed with amusement and relief.

"Okay." he chuckled, staring up at her flushed face.

"Is your head alright?" she asked, her face scrunching into a concerned look.

He grinned up at her.

"S'okay."

She leaned in and pecked his lips.

"Please stay." she murmured against his lips.

"My mom--"

"Call her. Tell her that we're working on a school project or something and we have to finish it by tonight, just please, don't go." she begged, nuzzling into the crook of his neck.

"But what about--"

"Please."

He sighed deeply as she tightened her grip on him, making a warm fuzzy feeling flow through him, but the idea of Cam finding out scared him.

What if Cam told Drew, and they went for his mom or something? All because he couldn't resist a girl he'd only known for a couple of weeks (nearly a month).

He'd never forgive himself.

But in that moment, Alex let himself be greedy, because love was made of greed, and he so desperately wanted to believe that he was in love with this girl, Kit Parker, so he was selfish and said;

"Okay.

She giggled and he shoved his hand into his back pocket, taking out the AC/DC cassette. He thrust it into her hands and she smiled down at it.

"Just don't tell Quinn." he murmured.

~

a/n: there you go peepz.

Some kilex? Kalex? Idk man.

THE GIF.

THE GIIIIIIF.

can. we. just. take. a. moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 1K 14
"You said you'll come back for me! You promised!" "I'm sorry y/n, I just forgot--" "You forgot? Or you just don't care?" Y/n is Mal's twin sister. On...
17.6K 253 6
• look in my eyes, i will never desert you • A collection of oneshots starring you and your favourite Johnny Depp characters! [REQUESTS OPEN]
9.2K 160 12
Scott Calvin's niece has been on the naughty lists as of late. As a solution and an attempt to get her back on the nice list, he suggests to his brot...
1M 42.4K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...