Hunter Academy (Edited)

By Miss_Ever_After

Damien is a hunter of vampires, werewolves, all things paranormal so you wouldnt expect his life to be normal... More

Chapter 1 (Edited)
Chapter 2 (Edited)
Chapter 3 (Edited)
Chapter 4 (Edited)
Chapter 5 (Edited)
Chapter 6 (Edited)
Chapter 7 (Edited)
Chapter 8 (Edited)
Chapter 9 (Edited)
Chapter 10 (Edited)
Chapter 11 (Edited)
Chapter 12 (Edited)
Chapter 13 (Edited)
Chapter 14 (Edited)
Chapter 15 (Edited)
Chapter 16 (Edited)
Chapter 17 (Edited)
Chapter 18 (Edited)
Chapter 19 (Edited)
Chapter 21 (Edited)
Chapter 22 (Edited)
Chapter 23 (Edited)
Chapter 24 (Edited)
Chapter 25 (Edited)
Chapter 26 (Edited)
Chapter 27 (Edited)
Chapter 28 (Edited)
Chapter 29 (Edited)
Chapter 30 (Edited)
Chapter 31 (Edited)
Hunter Academy 2: Next Book

Chapter 20 (Edited)

1.6K 14 1
By Miss_Ever_After

Chapter 20

“Yeah, while I admire your determination, I don’t think going to Quebec without any research is going to yield any results,” Alexandria stated. I rolled my eyes.

“I wasn’t planning on going there without knowing some possible places he could be. Luckily I know how to find out places he could be,” I responded pulling out my phone. My sister Kayla answered on the first ring.

“Damien? Oh my god, do you know how much trouble you’re in? Wait no, of course you don’t, you think you’re untouchable,” she accused. I sighed.

“I do know how much trouble I’m in but I think given the situation even you, the responsible one, would disobey mom and try to find Tristan.” Kayla was silent on the other end; she knew I had a point. “Are you still there? I need your help Kay.” I told her using her old childhood nickname.

“Alright, what do you need?” she said softly. I smiled; I knew she would help me. Alexandria stared at me for a moment before standing up. She headed to the bathroom and then stood in front of the mirror running her fingers through her hair. Her hair looked just fine; I didn’t know what she was worried about.

“I need you to tell me the places Derek Bellamont is most often seen at.” Kayla inhaled sharply.

“Derek Bellamont is dangerous, Damien. You shouldn’t have anything to do with that guy.”

“Its important Kayla,” I pleaded. “Do you want to find Tristan or not?”

“Of course,” she replied hurt that I would ask that, but she did what I wanted. “Alright, Derek Bellamont spends most of his time in Ottawa, but that’s all the information I can give you that’s relevant.” I resisted the urge to sigh loudly, that wasn’t a lot of information. I had been expecting a bit more but I should be satisfied with what information I got, it narrowed the list of locations down.

“Thank you Kayla,” I whispered before I hung up cutting off anything she wanted to say after. “So how are we going to get to Quebec?” Alexandria raised an eyebrow.

“You seem awfully confident that I’m actually going to come with you to Quebec,” she stated. “Not to mention you seem to have forgotten Erik, you know your partner.” I avoided her eyes wondering how I could have possibly forgotten about Erik.

“I don’t think he should come, I’m not going to be responsible for anyone else going missing.”

“Ouch, that hurts; you don’t care about my safety. It’s cool though, I don’t really care. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself,” she laughed.

“So you are coming then?” I asked. She nodded. “Okay, just one problem, how are we getting to Ottawa?” I asked.

“Oh that’s easy, we fly there; I know someone who can lend us their private jet,” she answered as if that was no big deal. “So are we going to leave or are you planning on just standing there some more?”

“Yeah sure, I just got to leave Erik a note,” I said while grabbing a piece of paper and a pen planning to make the note short.

Erik, I had to leave to go to Quebec. I got a really important lead and I think it will help me find out where Liz, Jordan and Tristan are. Good luck with everything, and be careful, Damien.

I looked around to discover that Alexandria had gone already and taken my bag with her. All my stuff was packed because I had never really unpacked. She was really impatient sometimes. I shut the door and looked around as I left, it would be that last time I would come here and I think I would miss it.

“Oh come on and get in the car,” called Alexandria with a scowl on her face. I rolled my eyes and as soon as I was in the car I put on my seatbelt.

“Your lack of confidence in my driving is annoying, I haven’t crashed into anything for many years,” she said.

“Well I did get hurt that one time from the seatbelt,” I protested.

“Wow, I’m almost speechless, I can’t believe a hunter is complaining about a seatbelt hurting him considering they deal with much worse things. Grow up and find some better things to complain about,” she replied matter-of-factly.

“So sorry but I’m not a vampire I’m a human. Humans die much more easily than vampires do,” I said. Alexandria laughed amused. “I complain about little things because I’m not as old as you. I haven’t gotten bored of life,” I added.

“I haven’t gotten bored of life. And you don’t really know I’m old, you can’t tell vampires age by looking at us because we stay the same. I am older than you but I look eighteen because that was when I became a vampire,” Alexandria replied.

“How were you turned?” Alexandria’s expression grew solemn at being asked that. “You don’t have to answer that, I was just curious,” I said quickly.

“I don’t care if I had to answer, I still wouldn’t have,” she replied curtly before turning up the radio. Her not wanting to talk about how she was turned was not unusual; vampires although most of them loved being one, didn’t always feel that way. At the time they were turned they might not have wanted that so the subject of their turning was a sore subject to them.

Alexandria sped up now that she could see her destination. It was a simple private airport; it had a few buildings and some runways that stretched out for a great distance. One of the buildings had a garage that had an open door so Alexandria parked her car inside then got out.

“Are you allowed to park here?” I asked her as I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car. I got my bag out of the truck and followed her out of the garage.

“Of course, I have been here many times, so they now leave a spot for me to park. Now let’s go, there’s the jet,” she said pointing to it. I surveyed it thinking that it didn’t quite look like much from the outside; it was a relatively small jet compared to the ones people normally take. It was a plain white colour with a few unreadable words in cursive red writing on the side. As I neared the plane though I was able to make out the words and I was surprised at what they said.

“This is Christophe Montgomery’s private jet?” I asked astonished. “He’s only one of the most powerful vampires in the Canada.

“I know people,” Alexandria explained vaguely, brushing off my questions. The stairs of the jet lowered down automatically and Alexandria quickly went up. When I got into the jet I realized that my first impression wasn’t exactly true, it was actually quite extravagant. The inside was high tech with many appliances. It had comfy leather armchairs to relax in and a lush red carpet. It was exactly what you would expect of a private jet owned by someone powerful.

“Wow,” I exclaimed taking it all in. Alexandria just shrugged no doubt used to all of it.

“Are you hungry? There’s some food in the cupboards I think,” she told me. I nodded and headed towards the cupboards she pointed to.

“Yeah actually I’m really hungry,” I answered as I rifled through the cupboards picking out a bag of chips, not the healthiest breakfast in the world but it was what I wanted. I pulled open the top of the bag taking in the cheesy aroma.

“Now you have me wanting chips,” Alexandria groaned as she took out a bag of chips too, sweet chilli flavoured ones. “What? I like spicy things alright?” she said in response to my look. I shook my head amused and ate my chips.

We made our way back to our seats and the plane took off. For a while all that could be heard was the sound of munching on chips, but once we both were done I curiously looked around the room and noticed these stains on the carpets. Alexandria saw where I was looking and shrugged.

“Christophe’s very different and quite clever sometimes. I think he put down this red carpet in the jet not because he really likes the colour red although I suspect that was a factor, he put this carpet in because a red carpet would help hide the red stains of blood from the girls he has on this jet with him,” she explained. I must have looked disgusted because Alexandria smirked.

“Were they willing donors?” I asked trying to make sense of it all. She shrugged.

“Stop acting like a hunter, there’s nothing you can do about the people vampires drink from whether they are willing or otherwise. To answer your question, the donors were probably not willing ones, he probably just influenced them,” she replied with extra emphasis on the word donor, to make fun of me.

“I don’t quite understand how people can get so easily influenced about vampires, they really should know better.” Alexandria’s smirk grew wider.

“You sound like you’ve never had a vampire try to influence you before; you shouldn’t judge things that you’ve never experienced.”

“I don’t think it would be that hard to withstand a vampire’s influence,” I scoffed. The next thing I knew I was pressed against a wall in the jet.

“Vampire influence is nothing to underestimate,” she whispered. “Go on, tell me you don’t feel anything.” My heart beat faster as I gazed into Alexandria’s purple eyes; they seemed their usual colour so it appeared there was nothing to worry about at the moment. Alexandria smirked at the fact I wasn’t able to even speak to lie about what I was feeling. “And this just me doing nothing, I’m not even trying to influence you.”

“Alright, you proved your point,” I said finding my voice at last. “Now can we just sit down and be normal for the rest of this flight?”

“Now see, I don’t feel like I proved my point, I haven’t really influenced you at all except with my looks. I feel it’s my duty to make you experience being influenced.” She put her hand on my chest and lightly pushed me back to the wall. I looked at her warily, she hadn’t even been trying to influence me and I was about ready to do whatever she asked, what would happen when she actually tried influencing me?

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” I told her.

“Oh well, I’m doing it anyway,” she whispered in my ear. “Next time you talk of influenced people will you be more considerate?” she asked bringing her face close to mine, all I could focus on was her pink shimmery lips. “Try and tell me now that you’re not influenced,” she murmured seductively. This time all I could concentrate was on the smell of sweet chilli chips that was on her breath, it was giving me an intense headache that I didn’t want to stop.

The corner of her lips pulled up as she watched my eyes travel from her eyes, to her lips then down her body. I craved her completely and it was pure madness not being able to do anything such as pull her close and kiss her passionately. All ration thoughts had long since fled my mind and thoughts of Alexandria replaced them. Alexandria’s lips parted and her eyes darkened while I didn’t react with thoughts and cravings going through my mind. She took a deep breath and her eyes got lighter. She smirked at me and took a step back. I was released from her spell. I took the opportunity to distance myself from her and took sat back in the armchair. Alexandria ran her fingers through her hair and sat down as well. I couldn’t believe how strong a vampire’s influence was.

“So I was wrong about getting influenced,” I joked trying to lighten the mood. As soon as I was off this plane I was quite determined to never speak of this incident again. Alexandria laughed slightly, her eyes back to normal.

“Good to know you acknowledge it. Do you want to watch a movie now?” it seemed Alexandria didn’t really want to speak of the incident either. That was just fine by me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 459 24
After ten years of being with her husband, Jade finds out, through the media Damien is a werewolf and not just any werewolf, but the one leading othe...
Wanted By Megs

Werewolf

1.2K 72 13
CRESCENT MOON SERIES Layla never asked for this life, but now she was neck deep in it and things were complicated. Soon she would have to face the co...
292 27 26
Damien has always had a troubled past/childhood with trying to control his other side and what he desires/wants out of life, but when Layla comes int...
415 174 20
~~ hunting predators~~ Maya had been searching the busy streets of Hungary in hunt for jobs under the scorching sun. After so many turn downs. She fi...