like magic™ (1)

By jazminebrightxx

LIKE MAGIC "Works like magic" BASED ON SEASON 3 AND 4 OF TEEN WOLF | STILES STILINSKI X OC | SLOWBURN | ©Jaz... More

LIKE MAGIC
act one. this might hurt
One. how mature
Two. we are family
Three. works like magic
Four. poetic
Five. fireflies
Six. manly emotions
Seven. dead baby day
Eight. bus ride from hell
Nine. stitch him up
Ten. Glen capri
Eleven. You're not a nobody
Twelve. Currents
Thirteen. True alpha
Fourteen. Daddy issues
Fifteen. The girl who knew too much.
Sixteen. No rest for the wicked
Seventeen. Parent or guardian
Eighteen. Did you forget?
Nineteen. You held your breath
Twenty. What if you don't come back?
Twenty one. Little witch
act two. lose your mind
Twenty two. I should close the door
Twenty three. Still milking that?
Twenty four. Its a dream
Twenty five. Malia Tate
Twenty six. Mischief night
Twenty seven. Village of the damned
Twenty eight. Cause I trust you
Twenty nine. I'd do it for you too
Thirty. Unsolved cases.
Thirty one. Sense and sensibility
Thirty two. Moment of realisation
Thirty three. Possession or Obsession
Thirty four. The truth will be the death of me
Thirty five. Words unspoken
Thirty six. Where your darkest fears come for you
Thirty seven. Sealing my faith.
Thirty eight. Celestine
Thirty nine. Live or die
Forty. The divine move.
act three. can't go back
Forty-one. the deal
Forty-two. you underestimate yourself
Forty-three. Total sociopath
Forth four. i wouldn't leave you
Forty-five. why'd you drop the glass, katie?
forty six. team captain
forty seven. stalker much?
forty eight. werewitch
forty nine. Change will come
Fifty. nobody to save me
Fifty one. Closer to doomsday
Fifty two. intuition kills
Fifty three. Failed
Fifty four. How could you?

Fifty five. Collateral

185 12 3
By jazminebrightxx

⋅•⋅⊰•☽༓☾•⊱⋅•⋅
Chapter fifty five
season 4 episode 8
"Time of Death"
(Part one)

⋅•⋅⊰•☽༓☾•⊱⋅•⋅

A BOY WITH PALE SKIN and whiskey brown eyes opened the door, his face growing into a sincere smile when he laid eyes on the small brunette. "Your dad let me in"

Stiles moved out of the way, welcoming the girl into his room, she quickly walked into the now familiar room, planting herself on the comfy bed of his, a sigh leaves her lips. Stiles quickly rests next to her. "Penny for your thoughts?" He attempted to joke. Kaitlin only smiles, another sigh leaving her lips. "What's wrong Katie?"

"My parents are fighting again"

"It's become a weekly thing now, they try to hide it but I can hear them most nights"

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay. I don't think they're gonna last though, probably gonna break up" she spoke of it so casually. Having become accustomed to it.

"I hear them argue about me some nights...my dad doesn't like me very much"

"Katie-"

"I hear him say it"

Stiles paused, throwing his arms around the small girl, she didn't cry, only hugged him back, tight.

(Kaitlin's pov...)

I've carried my childhood with me like stones in my pocket; each pebble, each rock, signified special unique moments, moments that shaped my life, moments that shaped me. It was little things, it was big things. My first soccer game, swim meet, my first day of school, My first kiss, my first crush...loosing my nana and Tyler. My entire relationship with my father...Mark.

Mark, his name was mark, that's all he is to me, that's all he's ever been.

That was always the big one. Him. Mark Fleming, the stupid, evil English man that I called my father for the past 17 years. Like it or not, he made me who I am. The lies, the secrets...the fear. It was all him. He ruined me.

For the first half of my life I did everything for him. If I aced a test it was to spite him because he told me I wasn't smart enough. If I cleaned the house it was so he wouldn't get mad when he came home. If I stayed quiet when all I wanted to do was scream...it was because he hated the sound of my voice.

Everything I hated about myself, was because he hated it. Every bad thought I ever had about who I was, he put there.

He made me scared to trust anyone. Made me feel like a monster. Like I couldn't trust myself. He made me hate myself.

He planted every single insecurity that I live with everyday.

And for what...all for fucking nothing.

I feel numb. I feel lost I feel betrayed...I feel angry.

"Are you okay?"

Kodin and I have been sitting in our kitchen for the past 2 hours, in complete silence. I've been reading through my mother's journal, trying to find some answers to the millions of questions that swarmed my brain.

Normally, I'd ask before I took anything belonging to her but in this case...I don't give a shit.

"Yeah"

"Katie, you've read the same page three times..."

With a sigh I rubbed my hands over my face, elbows leant against my kitchen counter. Kodin was sat at the island opposite me, literally just staring into space.

"I can't think"

"How's your head?"

"It's fine actually, just chaotic, doesn't hurt anymore though"

Kodin nods, still watching me with concerned eyes. I give him a look. "I'm fine, Kodin"

"I know but you nearly blew up back there, Kaitlin"

"Can you blame me?"

"No..." My brother drops his head, shaking it and sighing. "I can't wrap my head around this"

"Nana mentions it a lot in her writing actually" I swept through the pages, sentences upon sentences. "Hybrids are beings of unfathomable power, they can use magic without incantation, control more magic than that of a normal witch...Jesus Christ"

"Well the first part kind of sounds like you..." I look up at my brother in confusion "what do you mean?"

"You've done that before, albeit it was when you were overly emotional but..."

"No I understand. Nana suppressed our hybrid side I guess, emotional outbursts might trigger it..."

Kodin lowered his head, something was off about him today and it was bugging me.

"Does it say anything about how the curse is broken?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No, just that hybrids are dangerous beings that shouldn't be let loose on the supernatural world. Geez thanks nana"

"Maybe she's right..."

"What?"

Kodin sighed and stood up "think about it katie. If they're as powerful as nana says, how are two teenagers supposed to handle that much power?"

"That's not her decision kody, it wasn't hers and it wasn't mom's."

"I'm just saying" he ran a hand down his face in irritation "forget I said anything."

"What's going on with you?"

"I'm fucking scared, Katie!" He snaps finally. "I am terrified. In the span of 24 hours my life has done a 180 and I am so fucking scared. I feel so much pain and anger and hurt and I don't know what to do with it" he paced the room frantically, I wanted to tell him to sit, to calm down but I knew he didn't need that.

"I feel like we're just...just after thoughts in their heads." Shaking his head he huffs "fucking collateral in a bigger picture"

"That's how they see it kody..." I spoke. "It's not about us"

"But it is! It's only about us!" He moved over to me and pointed at the book that laid open in front of me. "It's written on every page, in every book. Forbidden, unheard of, we are freaks in a world full of monsters."

"They can't have this conversation without us. There is no conversation without us! How can it be about anything else?" He waved his hands in frustration and I kept quiet. I had no idea how to go about this, how to feel, how to move on.

"You're contradicting yourself, Kody" he wasn't making sense. "Are you mad at them or not?"

"Of course I'm mad! I'm just..."

He took a beat, looking away from me, his whole body trembling with emotion.

"I know how dangerous this is, I know how this can change everything. And I don't think they should have kept it from us"

"Okay-"

"But, I think mom and nana did the right thing...taking it away"

I stared at him, still looking away, if I could burn a hole in his head with my eyes it would have been in flames by now. How could he say that? How could he think we should be kept secret, that our DNA is wrong. How could he think I was wrong?

"What?"

"If hybrids are as dangerous as the book says, it's not safe for us to have that power" he turned towards me, waiting for my reaction.

"How can you say that?"

"We're kids, Kaitlin. Teenagers, who don't have any idea what the hell we're doing..."

"But-"

"How can two children handle that much power?" His voice was deadly calm and I felt my blood boiling by the second.

"It was meant for us, Kodin. It's our fate. If you think any different..."

"Screw fate! Screw unstoppable power! Screw it all! We don't deserve that pain, Kaitlin. We can barely take what we have, you can barely take it"

"What do you mean?"

"I see you for who you really are, Kaitlin Jones." He said, his eyes bore into mine and I felt a chill run down my back. "I know you better than anyone, I see it all"

"The nightmares, the nosebleeds, the headaches, how the lights flicker, candles go out, glass freaking breaking. You were always going to be more powerful than me, I know that"

The women of the crescent coven were infamous for their great power, all the elders were women, they were stronger, more intelligent with magic, they were the dominant force of power.

"But with you, you're different. Different from all of them. You feel it more than me. It's seeping out of you and I have to watch."

"Kodin-"

"The wolfsbane at the glen capri, it didn't affect me, but it got to you. Argents emitters, I know you heard them that night." Kodin didn't break eye contact as he read me like a book. "You think you hid it but you forget-"

"That you know me?"

"Yes! I know you. I know it hurts. I know you're trying to hide it all and be this unstoppable thing! But deep down I know you're just as scared as I am." He ran a hand through his hair, and I noticed how they trembled as they dropped to his side.

"I am terrified for you, Katie. I worry about you constantly. I always knew you were special, I always knew something was different about you. And this is it."  My head was spinning. I'm not taking anything of what he's saying in, he's not making sense.

"It's not just me-"

"It is" he interrupts me again. "It's only you, it's always been you. And that's what scares me. I'm pissed about this whole thing. But I'm more concerned about the fact that when you found out, you shattered every single light around you and didn't even notice"

"What?"

I tried to bring myself back to that moment. The moment it all fell apart.

The Deadpool, Kodin's voice, Stiles' face, my mother's name in my ear. My name, but it wasn't mine. Kodin Hale 25m, Kaitlin Hale 30m. Stiles voice, why was I worth more, Stiles face...Stiles.

"I blacked out" I whispered. "I...I don't"

"There's more to this...when I caught up to you it was like you were catatonic. You wouldn't say anything, wouldn't look at me." His voice got softer the more he spoke. "I had to bring you home. And then all of a sudden you were fine."

"It felt like a dream"

Kodin was right. There was more to this entire thing. Something was wrong with me, something is broken inside of me and I don't know how to fix it.
If I was gonna survive to my senior year I needed to figure it out. I wanted answers, I needed answers.

"It wasn't a dream"

***
Third person

Stiles Stilinski tossed and turned in his bed, eyes wide open and mind racing with thoughts. What felt like five minutes turned into ten, which turned into 30. Finally, he sits up, sighing heavily. Resting his head against the wall his eyes locked on the "murder board" that stood in the middle of his room.

Red lines, red tape, pieces of paper and white marker scattered all across the board, different theories, his whole mind written on that board. Everything was on it, even his mistakes.

"Staring at it won't solve anything" Noah's voice startled his son. Standing against the doorframe, in his pajamas, with a sad smile on his face. Stiles noticed the tiredness in his father and his heart lurched.

"Why are you awake? It's 2 am"

"Same as you...can't sleep"

Noah moved further into the room. Looking at the board, his eyes fell on the piece of paper that held Stiles' biggest regret. Noah picked the deadpool up, staring at the two names with an uncertain face.

"I was 14 when I met Natalie jones" he spoke lightly. And Stiles' brow furrowed. "I'd just started my freshmen year of high school, she was in my home room"

"She's the reason I met your mother..."

Natalie and Claudia had been like sisters growing up. They lived close to eachother, grew up together. Natalie had become friends with Noah and introduced the two...and as they say, the rest was history.

"Natalie was a lot like Kaitlin. Eager to achieve the unachievable. Always filling her spare time with hobbies, friends, anything to take her mind off of real life" Noah kept his eyes on the page. Turning to sit on his son's bed.

"She was the smartest girl in our class, graduated as a valedictorian too" he shook his head, his eyes laced with solemn memories.

"She did all that stuff to distract from the things going wrong in her life."

"Her dad?" Stiles asked, he knew a vague version of the story of Natalie jones' childhood.

"Edmund Jones" Noah put down the paper on the bed and looked at his son. "He died when Nat was a kid, same cancer that took Tyler"

Stiles shook his head, lowering his gaze to his hands.

"Eventually Natalie's mother remarried a man who had two kids" Noah continued.

"Deaton"

Noah nodded. Stiles wondered where the conversation was going.

"Family has always been important to Natalie. And she tried to instill that into her children" he said "but when she married mark and had Tyler..."

"Mark wasn't always evil...well, from what she's told me, anyway." He looks away, a pang of shame hitting him. "He used to be kind. And he continued to be kind until..."

"Kaitlin got her magic" Stiles finished for him. Noah nodded.

"Natalie said something inside him changed, he was mean, cruel..."

"Abusive" Stiles whispered, tears stinging his eyes. Noah felt his skin go hot, regulating his breathing as much as he could.

"Mark ruined that family. He ruined Kaitlin...suddenly family meant nothing to her, secrets became venomous to her, but they also gave her comfort" he sighed.

"She hid so much of herself away in fear of judgement, that her whole story went blank. No one knew the real Kaitlin Jones. They only knew the one she let them see" Noah recalled the conversation he had with Natalie. His heart cracked at the image of his friend breaking down.

"Trauma changes a person. And that little girl has enough of it to last a life time" Noah cleared his throat.

"What I'm trying to say is...she's confused. She's spent the entirety of her life feeling like her own father hated her, when in reality...it was all a lie"

Stiles shifted on his bed, picking up the piece of paper and staring at it. "She trusted me"

"She's really mad, dad. And I can understand why. I knew for so long and I didn't say anything" Stiles sniffled. "She needed me and I wasn't there for her. I am terrified that she thinks I let her down"

"She doesn't." Noah reassured. "But you have to give her time, Stiles. She's been through a lot. This is a big thing that's happened and she needs to process it. You have to let her"

Stiles went quiet. Thinking his father's worlds over. He wondered if he was right about Kaitlin hiding who she really was, did he even know who she was?

"You said no one knew the real Kaitlin anymore." Stiles starts "do you think that's still true?"

Noah tore his gaze away from his son, scanning the room quickly. A single picture frame sat on Stiles' nightstand. It was an old picture, maybe ten years, before Kaitlin became a witch. The pair were wearing soccer jerseys ten sizes too big for them, smiling their big goofy smiles. He smiled lightly at the picture, Claudia had taken it when she and Natalie took the two out to watch Tyler play for his school.

"Kaitlin, the real Kaitlin, is still in there. The little girl who cried when she first watched Bambi, who loved to dance and sing to Johnny cash with her mother, the kindest kid I've ever known" he started "I know she is because she's never lost her hope. No matter what anyone throws at her she gets back up and keeps fighting. I've seen it in her."

"One thing that will never change is a persons kindness, and Kaitlin's Jones is just about the kindest soul there is" he continued, voicing his true feelings about the girl he watched grow up.

"Things will change, it's bound to happen. But the bond that you have with that girl...it's solid. I promise you that"

***

JAZMINE SPEAKS!

Happy Easter!!! Hope everyone enjoys the day and to those who don't celebrate I hope you have a great day anyway!

What are we thinking about the jones being hybrids??? Do we think mark is gonna come back?

Hope you're all enjoying and once again thank you for your continuous patience and support!

And don't forget to

Comment!!!
Vote
Share
Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 1.8K 14
teen wolf season two book two stiles stilinski x fem!oc completed © voidvaleska
86.2K 1.9K 24
❝When you reduce life to black and white you never see the rainbow.❞ She spend most of her life on the run for what she was. She was constantly on th...
8.3K 134 28
ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕡𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖 '𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡𝕙' 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕒𝕟 𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕨 𝕦𝕡 𝕚𝕟 𝕓𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕠𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕊𝕔𝕠𝕥𝕥 𝕤�...
228K 5.4K 31
"ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ꜱʜᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇꜱ ᴜꜱ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ" in which mariana parker, who has a dark past, gets taken from it; sanctioning in beacon hills, califor...