STORM /// THE VAMPIRE DIARIES...

By stilessoulmate

It's an oc x oc story. The two characters are already in a relationship at the beginning of the story. It's a... More

CAST
CHARACTER BACKGROUND: AURELIA FORBES
CHARACTER BACKGROUND: THEODORE MORGENSTERN
TIMELINE
CHAPTER ONE: THE NEW GUY
CHAPTER TWO: THE PARTY AT THE FALLS
CHAPTER THREE: CAROLINE'S NEW BEAU
CHAPTER FOUR: DINNER PARTY PART ONE
CHAPTER FIVE: DINNER PARTY PART TWO
CHAPTER SIX: BOWLING
CHAPTER SEVEN: THE TRUTH AND THE FOUNDER'S PARTY
CHAPTER EIGHT: SEXY SUDS CAR WASH AND A HALLOWEEN PARTY
CHAPTER NINE: STEFAN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY AND REVELATIONS
CHAPTER TEN: 1950'S DANCE
CHAPTER ELEVEN: DUKE'S PARTY AND THE TOMB PART ONE
CHAPTER TWELVE: THE TOMB PART TWO
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: AWKWARD TRIPLE DATE PART TWO
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: THE PEST PROBLEM PART ONE
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: PEST PROBLEM PART TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: A FUNERAL AND A PAGEANT PART ONE
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE PAST AND A PAGEANT PART TWO
CHAPTER NINETEEN: A PARADE AND IMMINENT DANGER
CHAPTER TWENTY: SELFLESS ACTS AND FATAL CONSEQUENCES

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: BACHELOR AUCTION AND AN AWKWARD TRIPLE DATE PART ONE

4.3K 193 18
By stilessoulmate

Episode fifteen: A Few Good Men

Episode sixteen: There Goes the Neighborhood

Sunshine☀️: Just ask 😠

Pixie Dust✨: no.

Sunshine☀️: pleaseeeee 🥺

Pixie Dust✨: Caroline, I'm not auctioning off a date with my boyfriend

Sunshine☀️: what if you were the one to win a date with him

Pixie Dust✨: I don't have that kinda moola!

Sunshine☀️: lover boy does 😏

Sunshine☀️: and it's for a good cause

Pixie Dust✨: it's a fundraiser for the town 😐

Sunshine☀️: ask him!

Pixie Dust✨: ugh fine

Sunshine☀️: Yesss!

Pixie Dust✨: but no promises!

"Babe," Aurelia turns to Theo who's sitting next to her on the bed, his back against the headboard.

"Mmm," Theo replies, immersed in the book he was reading. It was some Stephen King book Tyler had recommended to him.

"My loveee," Aurelia tries to get his attention again.

"Mmm, what's up," Theo says, putting a bookmark in his book and closing it. He turns his head to make eye contact with her.

"Okay, hear me out," Aurelia starts off.

"Oh no," Theo groans.

"There's a fundraiser the town is doing," Aurelia continues, undeterred.

"Please no, not another town event." Theo complains

"They're auctioning off bachelors." Aurelia explains.

"I already don't like where this is going," Theo comments.

"I was wondering if you'd be willing to be one of the bachelors," Aurelia asks.

"Is this your way of breaking up with me?" Theo looks at her skeptical but cautiously, eyes narrow and a small frown on his face. "because, if so, that's not gonna work."

"What? No!" Aurelia says, causing Theo to sigh in relief.

"Why do you want to auction me off then- it's Caroline's idea, isn't it?" Theo wonders before putting the pieces together.

"Maybe." Aurelia says, cringing sheepishly.

"I don't want to go on a date with anyone who's not you," Theo tells her.

"We have a plan for that," Aurelia argues.

"Which is?" Theo humors her for a moment.

"I win the auction using your money," Aurelia proposes. Theo just looks at her, not replying "...it's for a good cause?" She tries.

"It's a town fundraiser. What's the cause?" Theo says, incredulously.

"That's what I said!" Aurelia exclaims. Theo looks at her amused. "I'm not winning this, am I?"

"No, sweetheart. No, you're not." Theo tells her. "But I will go to the fundraiser with you."

"Why?" Aurelia asks, suspiciously.

"Because I feel like it would be interesting to watch. Plus, I know you wanna go."

"Fair enough," Aurelia concedes.  

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

"I see you didn't convince him," Caroline says as Aurelia and Theo walk up to the ticket table to greet her.

"I did say no promises," Aurelia reminds her.

"I'm glad to see you, sis. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," Caroline tells her with a pointed look towards Theo. A look to which he promptly ignores as he pretends to look around the room. "Theo, good to see you."

"Care, wish I could say the same," Theo responds, making Aurelia smack him in the back of his head. He winces at the force of it. Caroline gives him a mocking amused look. She was expecting that kind of answer. "She knows I'm joking." Theo defends himself. He gives Caroline a small, somewhat, smile. She responds with a roll of her eyes and a sincere smile in return.

"Glad to know where I stand, Theo." Caroline jests. With that, she dismisses the couple as a line was starting to form behind them. 

"Tickets for the raffle are now on sale. All proceeds benefit the annual founder's day celebration." Mrs. Lockwood announces into the microphone as she stands on stage. The Mystic Grill is packed with people. Mostly women. Aurelia and Theo are now sitting at a table in the back. Theo looks at Aurelia with his eyebrows raised as if to say 'see?' Aurelia rolls her eyes in response with a chuckle.

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

"And what do you do, bachelor number 3?"

"I'm ah a plumber," the bachelor on stage says. Theo snorts and Aurelia hits him in the shoulder scoldingly.

"Well, isn't that wonderful," Mrs.Lockwood says.

"I wonder whose toilet is getting plunged tonight?" Theo whispers to Aurelia, making her snort then giggle. He smirks, smugly, proud of himself for making her laugh.

"We could always use more plumbers. Moving on." Mrs.Lockwood comments before quickly dismissing him. "Number four, Alaric Saltzman. Wow, that's quite a mouthful." the audience laughs. "What do you do, Alaric?"

"I'm a teacher at mystic falls high."Alaric responds

"Oh beauty and brains. Ladies, this one's a keeper. What do you teach?"

"History,"

"History. Oh well, give us a fun fact about Mystic Falls, something crazy," Mrs.Lockwood suggests. Alaric looks over at Damon who cups his ear in response.

"Uh well..." Alaric stumbles.

"He's probably saving the best stories for his date," Mrs.Lockwood says to the audience after a few seconds. "And last, but not least, Damon Salvatore." she says as she moves over towards Damon on the stage. "We don't have much on you."

"Well, I'm tough to fit on a card," Damon says.

"I bet I could. 'Asshole alcoholic vampire with murderous tendencies.' Oh look, I did it." Theo comments to Aurelia. She snicker in response.

"Ooh, let me try 'World's most pathetic mosquito.' Oh that's fun." Theo has to stifle a laugh at Aurelia's retort. She grins when she sees Theo's shoulders shake in silent laughter. Damon gives them a subtle glare that they are too busy making fun of him to notice. Stefan has a small smile on his face from her remark.

"Do you have any hobbies, like to travel?" Mrs.Lockwood tries.

"Oh yeah, LA, New York. Couple years ago I was in North Carolina. Near the Duke campus actually. I think, I think Alaric went to school there. Didn't you Rick?" Damon turns towards Alaric. Alaric nods in confirmation. "Yeah, cause I-I know your wife did. I had a drink with her once. She was, she was a great girl. I ever tell you that? Cause she was...delicious." he says trying to provoke him. Aurelia and Theo watch as Elena makes a hasty exit.

"What's up with her?" Aurelia asks Theo.

"Damon killed Alaric's wife who's also Elena's bio mom and she just found out." Theo informs her casually as if speaking about the weather.

"Oh." Aurelia says. "Elena's adopted?"

"Yup." Theo replies.

"Oh." Aurelia says.

"You said that already..." Theo turns to her in concern.

"It's just stirring up things from the past," Aurelia replies, vaguely. Theo pulls her chair so that it's right next to his and wraps an arm around her to comfort her. She snuggles into him, resting her head on his shoulder. 

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

"And Bachelor number three goes to 37458,"

"Bet he's hoping to unclog her toilet during the date," Theo refers back to his previous comment.

"You're incorrigible," Aurelia replies, her tone filled with amusement.

"That's me." Kelly, Matt's mom, claims with annoyance.

"Yeah, her toilet probably isn't clogged," Aurelia says, scrunching up her nose. Aurelia isn't judging her because of that though. She is, however, disgusted with the way she treated Caroline earlier and her negligence towards her kids. Theo scoffs.

"Ah, Kelly Donovan. Lovely," Mrs. Lockwood comments. "You and the plumber should have so much fun." Kelly Donvan walks up to Caroline. Theo's jaw clenches in anger when he hears what she's saying to his future sister-in-law.

"You okay?" Aurelia asks him, seeing him getting agitated.

"I don't like her." Theo simply responds.

"Who? Kelly? I don't like her either." Aurelia agrees.

"Well, I was wrong, tonight was boring." Theo comments. "Let's go back to the apartment."

"You? Wrong? The world has ended!" Aurelia exclaims dramatically.

"Yeah, yeah, mock me all you want but you know I'm rarely wrong."

"Sure," Aurelia says. The two of them shuffle their way through the crowd and out the door, heading to Theo's car.

  ────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

"I'm thinking nothing too big, just dinner at the grill, maybe a movie." Caroline proposes to Elena and Stefan as they stand by the lockers.

"Like a double date?"

"Triple, actually." Aurelia says as she and Theo walk up to the group of three. "We'll be there too."

"Unfortunately," Theo adds with a sour expression.

"Oh don't fret. It'll be fun!" Aurelia tries.

"Or agonizingly awkward," Theo counters. "No offense." he says,looking at the three of them who know fully well he meant every offense.

"Okay, so, three pairs out on a Friday night coupled. A triple date." Caroline clarifies to Elena and Stefan.

"Do you think that's a good idea?" Elena asks, skeptically due to Caroline dating her ex.

"The only reason it wouldn't be is if you thought he still had feelings for you. How self-centered of you, Elena." Theo insults. Elena scoffs, offended and Stefan just settles for a glare knowing the danger Theo actually poses. "Or are you not over Matt and are using Stefan as a rebound?" Theo gasps in pretend shock. "Elena, how despicable of you." Elena goes to respond but is interrupted by an irritated Aurelia 

"You guys better be over each other. If he breaks my sister's heart I'll kill him and then you," Aurelia comments.

"And I'll watch," Theo adds with a smirk, thinking about how hot Aurelia is when she's murderous.

"Okay, no one is killing anyone! Okay?" Caroline interrupts, snapping Theo out of his daydream. "We all haven't gone out together before-"

"For good reason," Theo and Aurelia mutter but everyone hears them

"And I don't want it to feel uncomfortable for us." Caroline ignores their remark. "Like, the couple dynamics have changed and there's been a little awkwardness between you, Matt and me, and a little hostility between you and Aurelia-"

"No kidding," Aurelia rolls her eyes.

"-and Theo and Stefan, Caroline continues.

"What gave it away?" Theo asks, sarcastically.

"-and I just think it's important that we get over it." Caroline continues, once again ignoring their comments and ends her speech with a smile.

"I don't know-" Elena says, still unsure.

"You know what? I-I think that sounds like... a great idea."

"Cause that's convincing," Theo mutters to Aurelia. She snickers.

"You do?" Elena asks but in her tone you can tell she hopes he's kidding.

"Yeah." Stefan responds. "Yeah, a nice... evening out with friends. Sounds fun. As in...fun" he says, sounding genuine but hesitant. Elena smiles giving in.

"A double date it is."

"Triple, Elena, but I know you struggle with math so I won't fault you for miscounting," Aurelia comments in a mockingly kind tone. Stefan looks too shocked to react and Elena struggles to come up with something to say back. Theo smirks and Caroline smiles, both looking proud. Elena looks like she's about to say something back but Caroline interrupts.

"Okay, see you guys then!" she says happily as she, Aurelia, and Theo walk away.

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

"So, uh, Matt, how do you like working here?" Elena attempts to make small talk after an awkward pause of silence. Aurelia and Theo are sitting on chairs on one side of the table between the two couples. Which is unfair since the other two couples get a booth seat. In spite of this, the two of them are sitting very close. Aurelia might as well be sitting on Theo's lap. Theo's idea most likely. Make Matt, Elena, and Stefan uncomfortable with their PDA as pay back. Caroline just looked amused at the development, used to their exaggerated displays of affection.

"Uh, it's not that bad. Um, wait staff tips out pretty good. You know they can't keep a bartender to save their lives. I, uh , I actually put my mom up for the job," Matt replies.

"How's that been, having Kelly back?" Elena asks him.

"You know, same old Kelly. She's, uh, she's trying, sort of."

"Kelly and my mom were best friends growing up." Elena explains to Stefan. "It's how Matt and I first met," She reminisces. "We shared a crib together." A beaming smile is on Elena's face as she talks.

"You're kidding." Stefan says, amused.

"No, we've, uh, known each other our whole lives." Matt responds. Aurelia begins to notice how unsettled and insecure Caroline looks by the conversation. Especially after everyone watches as Matt and Elena gaze into each other's eyes. Caroline sighs. Theo can be seen glaring hatefully at Matt, while Aurelia glares disdainfully at Elena.

"Haha, you're practically brother and sister then," Aurelia adds. Everyone looks at her. Stefan scrunches his eyebrows at the statement.

"In that case, that makes your relationship even more disturbing than it already was," Theo says, bringing the attention to himself and off Aurelia while supporting her comment. Caroline snickers and Matt looks at her betrayed at her reaction. Elena looks offended but Stefan looks confused and doesn't know whether to be offended on Elena's behalf or laugh at the absurdity of the direction of the conversation.

"Our relationship was not disturbing," Elena disagrees.

"Agree to disagree," Aurelia comments back.

"If anything, we were couple goals." Matt argues.

"Oh, is that counting the part where she broke up with you?" Theo retorts, mocking him. Matt glares at Theo, not able to come up with a response to defend himself. Stefan clears his throat at the suffocating amount of awkwardness at the table.

"What's 'couple goals'?" Aurelia asks after a pause in the conversation. Matt turns his focus towards the bar and sees his mom, Damon and Jenna all taking shots together. 

"You gotta be kidding," Matt comments as everyone's attention is on the scene. No one says anything as Matt hangs his head, embarrassed and disappointed by his mom's choices.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 24.1K 58
Juliet Salvatore hasn't seen her brothers since 1864, she thought they were dead. After she woke up she thought she was all alone, she didn't want to...
16.8K 437 17
Everybody knows the name Elena Gilbert. But what about her sister? Toni Gilbert is Elena's older sister by a year. They were both living completely h...
223K 4.6K 37
"Ask yourself, Kaitlyn, will you ever be able to look past all of Damon's imperfections?" "I shouldn't have to look past them like they don't exist...
27.8K 11 1
"So I'm Amelia Gilbert. Yep, Elena's twin sister... We may look alike but we're very different. How? Well, I more weird, tough and smarter. We used t...