Chaotic Marriage (Vol I)

By DuskyGurl

Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had... More

Chaotic Marriage
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Author's Note (Important ⚠︎⚠︎)
Author note 2

Chapter 33

3.1K 296 31
By DuskyGurl

It's been two weeks since they've all returned from their trip.

Life has returned to its normal pace, and everyone has resumed their normal routine.

Dev was once again balancing his job with his studies. His exams will start shortly. He has been studying all night long. His sleep time has been cut back, as evidenced by the look on his face. His attractive face was now obscured by a weary appearance and somewhat sunken eyes.

In these trying circumstances, Sitara has shown to be a wonderful support to him. She joined the law firm as well, and she has been reporting to work ever since.

Dev was once more turned flat on her when he first saw her in her formal attire. She looked incredibly domineering and sexy in that formal outfit. He didn't dare to look her in the eyes. What if she had a glimpse of his inner thoughts flowing from his eyes? No! He can't take that chance.

He didn't look at her once all day, and after a few days,? she dragged him into the bed and hurled herself over him, questioning why he was acting in in such a callous way. Dev trembled at his wife's domineering nature, but he bravely brushed it off and explained that he was stressed out about his life.

She unwillingly accepted his justification and switched into her wife mode. Her working hour finishes at 5 p.m., and she arrives home by 5:40, whereupon she prepares a healthy snack for him along with a glass of juice.

Dev was quite appreciative of her. She gradually began to clean the room and wash his clothing because, due to his hectic schedule, he couldn't spare a single second here and there.

During her early days, she washed all of his shirts together, and the rest is history because she stood in the corner of the living room with Bhavna bua frowning and reprimanding her while Aruna sat alongside Bhavna gripping her head and passing Sitara a sympathetic look who was standing there with her head bowed in remorse after nearly destroying her husband's formal clothes.

Later that day, Aruna showed her how to do laundry, and Sitara was never happier to have Aruna as her ally in this home. Sitara stood craning her neck downward anticipating another reprimand when Dev learned of it, but she was taken aback when she overheard a giggle, and when she looked up, she found him grinning.

After so many days, she noticed that he was genuinely joyful and laughing. He slouched on the bed, clutching his stomach, his eyes forming a crescent shape and tears streaming from them as he laughed.

"I thought you were angry with me??" Sitara muttered, nervously staring at her fingers while she sat next to him.

Dev nodded in agreement. He was upset with her because...he was disappointed with her after they returned from their trip because Sitara didn't remember anything from the final night of their trip, which she should have according to Dev's reasoning.

Tough luck!

Because of this, their alone time was quite exhausting, but it appears that his little wife's turmoil outweighed his slight resentment of her, and he was no longer upset with her. How could anyone remain angry with her for so long.

And while his professional situation is difficult, he didn't want his personal life to suffer any longer.

And his boss was still a jerk. So he can't expect anything from him and on the top of it he had taken a leave for a week and that too paid leave. So he can't take anymore leaves. He needed to conserve those for his exam days.

***

The second couple was a different story.

After having a candid conversation with his brother, Yug had taken everything into consideration and went to speak with Ruhanika two days after they had returned home.

"Yes!??" Ruhanika looked up and questioned. She was going over the students' test results.

"Here." Yug indicated a mug with his hand. Ruhanika gave him a dubious glance.

"I don't drink coffee." She spoke while focusing her attention back on the sheet in front of her.

"It's Tea," Yug responded and sat on the swing, while Ruhanika sat on the ottoman and used a tiny table as her desk.

She tentatively took the mug while hesitantly glancing at the beverage as distrust seeped from her honey-brown eyes.

Yug gave her an indignant eye roll and a tongue click before sitting up straight and responding, "Drink it, Zehar nahi hai usme."
(I didn't poison it.)

"Kya Bharosa tumhara!"Ruhanika prodded and gulped the liquid. She let out a relieved sigh because the work had made her exhausted.
(I am still dubious about it.)

A lengthy serene silence reigned until one of them made a sound. They relished the brisk nighttime air. As October drew near, the weather started to become chilly.

"Ruhanika," Yug called her name while inhaling deeply.

"Hmm." Ruhanika hummed as her head tipped slightly in his direction, but her eyes remained fixed on the same object. Yug examined her field of vision but was unable to determine the cause of her fixation.

He shrugged and recommenced his sentence, "Don't you think it's getting cold?" He questioned while keeping the empty mug on the floor, rubbing his fingers and shivering slightly.

He received a snide glance from Ruhanika. He appeared to be donning a baggy tank top. It should have been evident that he would feel chilly in the thin garment. What a moron-

Hold yourself in check, Ruhanika. Her inner self berated her. She sat up straight and observed his dramatic behavior.

"Then go inside. You've got a really big room to yourself." Although Ruhanika said it respectfully, she is unsure of why it came out as more of a taunt to Yug.

Yug sagged backward in his seat. This was not what he had intended. He had given a huge pep talk to himself before he prepared to come and have a humanly conversation with her. However, it appears as though it will go down the drain.

No way, he's not going to let that happen. With a newfound zeal, he gave it one more shot.

"Don't you feel cold?"

And right then, Yug bit his tongue, gazing at her alienated expression and her eyes narrowing at him, obviously stating, "You're getting on my nerves," because he realized it was so stupid of him to ask such an apparent question.

Only the aliens will not be affected by the cold. Furthermore, he was confident that the person in front of him was a feeble human being who was putting up with his ridiculous outburst.

He wasn't, however, someone who was so blatant in expressing compassion. He was hurling over her head like a dangling blade just a few days ago, and now he wants to be polite with her since his brother drove some reason into him. Who could possibly accept this absurdity?

Aree itni jaldi to girgit bhi rang nahi badaltaa. His subconscious mocked him. But when he realized the wrongdoings he had committed against her, he felt an overwhelming sense of guilt.
(Even a chameleon doesn't change color so quickly.)

His father fulfilled his pledge a short while ago, and the land was then registered in his name.

When he was standing on the same piece of ground, those feelings, emotions, and memories came flooding back, and he remembered something a certain someone had said to him.

'The outcome of anger hurts more than the cause of anger. So don't hurt anyone to the point of regret where you won't even face yourself in the mirror where your own eyes will look at you with contempt and disgust. Never be that version of yourself.'

Those words had been degraded in his memory by the hurt and pain he had been carrying over his shoulder, which had clouded his senses, but he remembered them again when he felt himself getting more profound when he felt a very faint presence of her.

He then wished to be the best possible version of himself. Dev was correct; he was the only one who changed and turned his back; everything else was still there waiting for him to turn things around. He wanted to change the things that had gone wrong because of him.

And he was certain that he would return. Enough with the obsessing over things that are never going to alter or come back to him. He will undoubtedly make an effort to revert to his earlier way of life.

"...G YUG!!!"

His trance was disturbed when he heard Ruhanika calling him, frowning at him and staring at him with her honey eyes. With an uneasy smile, he rubbed the back of his neck in discomfort.

Ruhanika startled a little and glanced at him bewildered as he abruptly stood up. Kya ho jataa isse ruk ruk kar? Ruhanika gave him a weird glance.
(What happens to him sometimes?)

"Ahh!! I can't do it anymore." Yug tugged at the back of his hair, turning it in the opposite direction, as he murmured to himself. It's best to be straightforward.

Ruhanika rolled her eyes, knowing it had to be a prank or some sort of mischief he was planning on pulling on her. She gathered everything because it would soon be time to prepare dinner and because it was part of her regular custom to assist Aruna Chachi.

Yug turned abruptly, towering over her.

"Listen, and listen closely. I'm saying it once and that's it." Yug spoke in a firm tone, but toward the conclusion, his voice started to shake.

"Ooook!!!?" Ruhanika nodded while organizing her belongings.

"Observing the shifting weather. I think you should move into the room since you might die of cold here while I sleep comfortably inside. Additionally, I am too young to serve time in prison for the crime of torturing someone all while being arrogant. Therefore, move both yourself and your possessions inside. And...and...and..."

"And???" In response to him, Ruhanika arched her brow.

"...and I apologize for being such a jerk and asshole to you. I sincerely apologize."

Ruhanika was still standing like a statue, stunned and amazed, as Yug quickly moved past her.

What the hell happened just now? Ruhanika was bewildered as she stared at the Yug's long-gone figure in the space.

***

It was dinner time.

It was a peaceful meal for all. Today, however, the center of attention was Yug, who had ducked his more than necessary and was eating at a breakneck pace.

He was being marveled at by everyone. Dev laughed, and Sitara completely disregarded him. When food is in front of her, she needs peace.

"Yug, bacche aram se khao." Bhavna remarked this while glancing at him, who nodded but resumed to eat hurriedly.
(Yug, child, eat comfortably.)

"Ha, koi tumhara khana lekar nahi baag raha hai." Sitara was unable to contain herself and interjected, drawing Bhavna's scowl.
(Yes, no one is running away with your food.)

Another strange occurrence was taking place at the dinner table. Muskan was much quieter than she usually was today. She was eating while she was distracted. When Sitara noticed, she questioned, but the other person simply shrugged. Sitara therefore made few efforts to push.

Once dinner was finished, everyone carefully made their way to their rooms.

Sitara and Ruhanika were left in charge of the kitchen cleanup and dishwashing. When they were finished, they said good night and headed for their room.

It was around 9:30 p.m. when they entered their room.

Upon entering, Ruhanika discovered the room to be empty, but then she heard the sound of water pouring down from the restroom.

She made the decision to lay out her clothes for the next day. She prepared everything for the next day, but then she realized that her freshly cleaned clothing was still hanging on the terrace. She went upstairs to retrieve it.

She took a brief stroll since the soothing combination of the cool wind and the bright sky made her feel so at ease. After a few while, she picked up her clothing and started to descend the stairs when she heard the sound of the main door opening.

She took a quick look outside to see who had left so late. When she noticed Ram secretly leaving the house, she frowned. She thought it was strange and headed downstairs. Her thoughts were still there till she noticed Yug occupied only one half of the bed rather than the entire bed.

"So he was serious about it?" As she spoke, Ruhanika threw the clothing onto the tiny couch.

Ruhanika has always felt colder than regular people since she was anemic. She was more susceptible to cold than others due to her body's lower blood count. She felt terribly cold outside, but she didn't have a choice, so she accepted her fate and didn't say anything.

But now she turned to face the bed. It did appear alluring and tempting to her eyes.

So should she comply with his request?

First of all, Sorry for giving a late update.😔

I was a little not me these day because my result are out and it was little less than my expectations. So I had zoned off myself. But my family were there with me. And now I am back with same zeal and energy.

And a lot of you have asked me about my Instagram account. Finally🥳🥳 I have created one for my readers. The link is in bio. We can meet there:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55K 4.7K 17
𝓘 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵. 𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓮𝓽𝓵𝔂. 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓵𝔂. 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝔂. _________★...
47.4K 1.7K 12
#𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤-𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✧ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ✧ It's story of Anshumaan ♡ Krisha 𝗞𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗚𝗼𝗲𝗻𝗸𝗮 Krisha...
1.4M 68.1K 37
Ruhaan oberoi and sitara Khanna tied a knot of marriage six months back. A power couple for the outside world. But inside the four wall they are just...
2.6M 189K 64
4 young hearts embark on a journey to self discovery, healing, redemption and love. Soumya and Dhara Awasthy don't have much choice in the matter whe...