Chaotic Marriage (Vol I)

By DuskyGurl

Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had... More

Chaotic Marriage
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Author's Note (Important ⚠︎⚠︎)
Author note 2

Chapter 32

3.7K 280 64
By DuskyGurl

Don't forget to check the picture up^_^

And guys if you like my story then please follow me well. Show your support❣

After considerable urging from Sitara, they decided to take a bus from Munnar to Cochin. Considering that they had leased a car to travel from Vagamon to Munnar. Therefore, Sitara desired to travel by bus this time, as she had seen in those Bollywood films.

And here they were, waiting for a bus at the bus stop, but not a single soul could be seen on the road. It was deserted, much like in horror movies.

Khali, sunsan sadak. Play some gum naam kai koi music in the background. And everything is put up flawlessly for the entrance of the ghost walking in a white saree.
(Empty, deserted road.)
(Horror song.)

"Like seriously! Ek parinda bhi nazar nahi aa rahaa hai, Insaan to dur ki baat hai. That's why I told to not listen to her. Ab sab yaha baithe raho raat hone tak." Yug yelled fiercely as he sat on the cement seat next to Ruhanika, turning his face in the opposite direction.
(Not even a bird is visible, leave alone any human being.)
(Now everyone sit here till night.)

Despite being extremely enraged, he managed to control his wrath by focusing on everyone's worn-out expressions. All of them were tired. Dev attempted to use uber or a cab service, but the network was down and the connection was weak.

When everyone had had enough and was about to give up on themselves and head back to their hotel, they heard a loud honk. Everyone turned to look at it, and they all rose to their feet at once.

Sitara sighed and expressed her gratitude to the All-Powerful god for sparing her from others' fury.

"Wow!!" Observing the bus, Sitara mused.

It was painted in vivid, vivacious hues that gave off a funky, hippy vibe. It appeared to be extremely cool. The bus came to a halt when Yug waved his hand. Inside the bus, music was playing, and through the glass, they could see a few people dancing.

Yug and Dev conversed with the driver, and after a few minutes, they boarded the bus. Finally, a way to reach Cochin turned up.

Young people were crammed into the bus. They gave off the impression of being young people who had just finished their teenage years. The luggage was hoisted onto the bus's roof, and the brothers entered. The bus zoomed away.

The passengers on the bus were staring at them as though they were some strange species. Although this group of young people had reserved the entire bus for themselves, the driver was gracious enough to offer them a ride.

Ruhanika drew her hoodie closer to her face to further conceal herself because she didn't crave attention and found it unsettling to have so many people staring at her.

She quickly moved to the seats at the back of the bus where a few trolley bags were lying. Yes, they were tossed after plunging each other. She removed her shoulder bag and opted for a spot in the back of the vehicle that was adequate for her.

Because the front section of the bus was unoccupied, Sitara chose to sit there. The middle half of the bus was filled with young people drinking and dancing, while the final section had their luggage and bags.

Yug sat in the front row of the bus, and Dev wanted to smash some sense into his stupid brother. He approached him slowly and sat down next to him.

"Don't you think you should sit near Ruhanika ji." Dev gestured toward the area. Yug craned his neck, his eyes narrowed as he regarded his brother.

"And why so?" Yug let out a snort. Dev rolled his eyes at his obtuse brother and this time he actually smacked his head. Yug cocked his head slightly. He frowned at his older brother for abuse against him.

"What did I deserve that for?" Yug inquired, his voice low. Dev scratched his head before speaking.

"This bus is filled with unknown people and on the top that they are having some alcoholic beverages." He alerted him when he noticed a few youths and girls holding a container of alcohol. "She's seated really far back. At the very least, sit close to her. What if someone misbehaves with her? You are responsible for her, Yug. Grow up."

Dev patted his shoulder and moved to sit next to Sitara, who had headphones in her ears to drown out the music because it was too loud and giving her a headache. She rested her head on his shoulder, and Dev rubbed her on the back. She was exhausted from all of the fun she had today.

"You are the best." Sitara mumbled and closed her eyes while hugging his arm.

Dev grinned and looked up to see Yug gazing out into space. He rolled his eyes and texted him. Yug stared at him as he saw the message and stood up grudgingly. He walked through the little gathering, who had come to a halt when they beheld the guy of such great stature.

Few girls even had eyeballs that were protruding from their eyes.

"Clean your drool." One brunette commented to the girl next to her, who checked the corner of her mouth and glared at her when it was clean. The brunette chuckled.

Yug took the seat in front of Ruhanika.

After an hour later the bus stopped at the dhaba (roadside restaurant). All the youngsters stepped down one by one. It was time for dinner. The driver advised them to eat as well because it would be at least two hours before they arrived.

Dev tried to rouse Sitara up by patting her cheek, and he was successful in his endeavor.

"What??" She asked while rubbing her eyes and seeming sleepy. Dev wanted to kiss her since she was displaying such a cute appearance. No, no, no R-rated ideas, no need to delve in there, Dev is an innocent beauty here. He wished to kiss her on the forehead.

"The bus had pulled up to a dhaba. Do you want to eat anything?" He enquired. While rubbing her stomach, Sitara nodded. It did flatten out. After their evening munchies, she hasn't had any food.

"Ok."

Dev texted Yug, who was occupied on his phone playing a game. Yug looked up as he heard the message, only to discover that he and Ruhanika were the only ones left on the bus.

"Miss Verma." Her name was bellowed by Yug. Ruhanika blinked open her eyes and looked around her. She focused on Yug, who was obstructing the light. She moved slightly in her seat and sat up straight.

"What??" asks Ruhanika. Her voice sounded a little groggy. She appeared to be on the verge of slumber.

"The bus was at a stop. If you want anything, come." Yug said this and then quickly exited the bus. Ruhanika sighed and slumped back in her chair because she didn't have time to contradiction. Because she wasn't in the mood for food, she texted Sitara to bring her a fruit juice.

Besides the disco lights, there was a dead quiet throughout the bus. They were shimmering and morphing into different hues. Ruhanika peered out the window and saw that the dhaba was also nicely illuminated and that many people were enjoying their dinner outside under the stars.

She saw youngsters dancing and bouncing inside the bus. She almost giggled when she spotted Sitara and Yug sharing a table. They were squabbling yet again. There was no sign of Dev.

Yug was a mysterious individual who also possessed a childlike spirit. He can pull off the buff man look as well as the teenage attitude.

When she heard someone cough, Ruhanika's trance was interrupted.

She disregarded it and proceeded to unlock her phone and scroll through Instagram. Her fingers abruptly stopped moving, and she let out a gasp of comprehension.

Wasn't she the only person on the bus? So, where the hell did this sound come from? She questioned and craned her neck to look around, but there was nothing. She then sighed with relief. She probably needed sleep badly, therefore her brain was probably playing tricks on her.

As she was still scrolling, she heard the coughing sound once more and immediately turned her head in that direction, cowering in her chair. A movement was heard at the corner of the same seat she was occupying, but on the opposite end, and the noise seemed to come from her right.

She observed a person who was slightly moving around and reclining back while wearing a blanket.

Being in the same space with a lone stranger made Ruhanika feel claustrophobic. Her skin twitched with anxiety, her lips trembled, and she was unsure of what to do. She thought sitting at the back, away from the mob, would allow her to get some sleep, but now what?

***

Sitara was almost finished with her food and was sitting there waiting for Dev and Yug to finish. When she pulled her phone out, she discovered a text message from her sister.

"Tch, tch." Sitara shook her head and gave Yug the stink eye.

"Here you are eating like a hulk and you left my Di in there alone and hungry." Sitara made a remark as she went to purchase the fruit juice.

As soon as she got back, she slapped the bottle down the table and said, "Now at least give this to her."

Sitara had a dislike for Yug. She doesn't know why, but she didn't like what she saw right away. It was all for her sister's sake that she was cordial and harmonic with him.

Dev was finished, and Yug was nearly done as well. After paying, they got on the bus, and a little while after, those youngsters got on as well.

When Yug reached the end of the bus he saw Ruhanika sitting with a frigid face ready to sprint. "Miss Verma," he addressed her.

"Unhh!!?"

Upon seeing Yug, Ruhanika looked up and exhaled a breath of relief. Her eyes twitched, and the strange sight in her eyes made Yug uncomfortable. Why did she act as though he were her savior, staring at him? It puzzled Yug. But putting those ideas aside, he pressed the drink bottle on her hand.

"If you wanted something to drink. You could've informed me. Your sister's constant babbling always makes me lose my mind. Because of Dev bhai, I don't say anything to her, aur vo iss baat ka kuch jayaadaa hi fayada uthaati hai." Yug's voice was stern, but it sounded more like a complaint to Ruhanika.
(And she takes full advantage of this.)

***

They arrived in Cochin at 10 p.m. and checked into a lodge there as well.

They explored the area the next morning and sampled various local delights. Everyone enjoyed themselves and had a good time.

They had no idea when the time had passed, but by the time they realized it, it was already dusk and they were on the beach.

Yug was enjoying the salty breeze on his bare body as Dev sat on the beach wearing only light beachwear. His hair was loose, and they were interacting with the light breeze.

The waves on the water, which were approaching and then returning to the depths of the ocean, caught their attention since they were somewhat significant. As the Verma sisters played in the water, their laughter resonated throughout the area.

Dev grinned as he saw Sitara being mischievous once more by throwing water on her sisters as she trailed behind her.

"You know Yug, I never expected to meet my life partner like that." Dev began the long-awaited conversation between them that had to happen. Yug sat motionless, fiddling with the stone locket his brother had given him when Dev had manufactured something on his own for the first time in the jewelry production of their family shop.

"Take a look at that time and now. Isn't there a substantial difference? We used to be strangers, but now we're gradually inclining towards one another." Dev was unable to triumph over the admiring smile that eluded his lips. He had always had affections for Sitara, but now, it seemed like he was slowly sinking into a deep hole of love.

"When Dad forced us to get married, I honestly didn't have high hopes for life until I felt her crying under her heavy veil on the madap while I filled the vermillion. Her teardrops glistened down on my hand, one by one. I finally understood her after imagining myself in her shoes. We are currently making progress along a lovely journey together because she understood me and I tried to interpret her feelings. But what about you?"

The final words bore a huge weight, shattering Yug's serenity of mind. His heart was a maelstrom of passion, and a gloomy expression decorated his face as his eyes dropped and his heart flooded.

"I don't have any such thoughts. Simply put, we are roommates. And then we part ways when the right time comes. That is what we decided on and agreed upon. She is only here to see her sister begin a new and happy life. And I, too, didn't want to share my own space and life with her or anybody else. End of subject."

Standing up, Yug made a definitive statement. With the exception of the fact that the exchange of brides wasn't an accident but a purposeful accident, he was honest about his marriage and what was happening in his life.

"You are still stuck there, Yug." Dev yanked him down. Yug collapsed on the sand. Dev had a fit physique despite his slender appearance.

"Move on, Yug. It benefits both you and your foreseeable future. How long will you be trapped in the past? Is it even worthwhile?" Even though they seemed harsh, these statements were simply meant for Yug's benefit.

"You have confined yourself to a dark, impenetrable pit. You are currently unable to recognize your current happiness because the chains of the past have grown heavy and inflexible over time. Yug, this isn't good for you. You are being slowly consumed by your memories, and one day you will be lonesome. And I don't want you to experience that. Our family and I yearn to witness the old Yug return. He was joyful, playful, and hysterical, would tend to arrive at the dinner table before anybody else, accompanied his Aruna Chachi while cooking, showed off his incredible culinary talents, and was the apple of Bhavna Bua's eye. She, too, misses your presence. You know how lonely she is, and she adores you as if you were her own son."

Yug's eyes welled up with tears. He was aware that he had changed, but today he felt those changes as Dev expressed them. He was playing the game of ignorance. But, with whom? With himself or his loved ones who were standing in the same place but he had changed his position in their lives.

He became estranged from them. However, it wasn't simple for him to part with his most treasured and lovely memories. How is he supposed to leave it behind and begin when his wounds have healed? He was still haunted by those frightening voices and cries and those awful screams and cries in his memory.

"I understand how difficult it is to move on. But it is also not about not loving someone or forgetting them. It's about having the courage to say, 'I still love you, but you're not deserving of the pain and suffering I'm inflicting on you.' That is how you should free her from your clutches." Dev brushed Yug's hair, messing it up even more, much like he used to when they were kids. Exactly how much has he changed? Dev sighed.

And his last ounce of self-control crumbled, and tears streamed from his eyes one by one, drop by drop. Dev's heart ached as he saw his little brother sob. After that day, it was the first time he had seen him. It was better to let him grieve because the burden of his past, which he was bearing alone, was so great that it would eventually consume him, and Dev didn't want to lose his only brother.

"B-But it isn't easy for me bhai. It's not." Given all the crying, Yug's words were muddled. Dev approached him and gave him a bear hug. Yug sobbed uncontrollably as his older brother held him. disregarding the environment and the judgmental gaze of others.

His long-repressed sorrow may finally be released in a cozy embrace of his elder brother. Dev patted his back, attempting to soothe him.

"You have to let go and move on at some point. It might be the most challenging thing to undertake. But it might not be more difficult than having to give up your favorite chocolate for a month due to gastrointestinal issues." Dev then continued while attempting to add humor by reminiscing about his youth. Yug's lips curled into a tiny smile as he recalled it.

"However, you must summon all of your strength in order to finally let go. Some people and things just aren't going to be meant for you, no matter how much you wish they were. But understand that it's okay for things to not go as planned. Nobody's life is flawless, or impeccable. Consider me." Dev pointed at himself and said. "Everyone experiences twists and turns and occasionally needs to make a U-turn. Therefore, whenever you find yourself wishing and praying that circumstances outside your control would change, gather all of your courage to let go and turn in a new path. Because it will bring you closer to your true path." Dev said.

Yug quietly turned his head toward the water, where his eyes fell on Ruhanika, who was standing there watching the sunset and awaiting its impending drowning. Her long hair, like her pink summer outfit, was blowing in the breeze.

He interrupted the peaceful scene and looked down. When he didn't feel his brother's presence, he turned to the side and saw him stepping toward his wife, who was enjoying a drink on the beach. It was more akin to an open bar.

Should he giv-? No he... Yug made a shaky motion with his head. He can make an effort to at least be a friend, but nothing more. He could, however, make her stay in the Shrivastava residence more peaceful and at ease till she departs.

***

Sitara was sipping a cocktail when she sensed a presence behind her. She was startled, and she spun, pouring her drink on the person adjacent to her.

"Tara!!!" She gasped when she heard a familiar voice, and Dev was now thoroughly soaked in the cocktail. Sitara's eyes grow wide. She pursed her lips while glancing at her now-empty glass.

"It was my fifth glass only." She gazed at the empty glass with a pout and quivering lips.

"What!!!??" Dev gave her a perplexed look. As soon as he smelled alcohol coming from himself, or more specifically his cloth, his nose pinched in disgust.

Was his sneaky wife drinking? Yes, she was. Dev grabbed her hand and drew her along with him till they were beyond the reach of the idiot shop.

"What were you drinking there?" Dev inquired, his voice rising an octave, and he firmly grasped her arm. After speaking with Yug, he looked toward the sea and only saw Ruhanika; Sitara was nowhere to be seen. He was afraid she would be in danger if he didn't find her quickly.

He instantly looked around his surroundings when he saw her standing and drinking something near the party arena. There was a beach party going on. He quickly got to his feet and made his way toward her.

"Boohoooo!!! Waah!!!!! You are not my cute hubby. Who are you? He never treated me so rudely. I am not looking you. You...you face scammer. Sitara cried out while wincing. Dev grimaced at himself. Is this how he intended to spend his last day of vacation, tending to his inebriated wife? Although he didn't disagree but he wanted to spend a few more meaningful moments with her. However, given her state, he realized that this wasn't going to be possible.

"Tara, Tara. Look. Hi, I'm Dev." Dev caressed her cheeks as she closed her eyes, not wanting to see anybody else with her husband's face.

"No. I'm not looking. You're a liar. You're attempting to seduce me, but I won't fall for it." She stated and hiccupped as she walked with her eyes closed. Dev massaged his face before pursuing her.

"Ok, ok. Stop. I'll bring your husband over here. But stay put; don't leave. Okay??" Sitara thought for a moment and nodded, still closing her eyes. He allegedly made her sit on the sand beside the shore while he went to get her a drink to ease her headache.

When Dev departed. Sitara smiled as she opened her eyes. She was sober. She was merely pulling a joke on Dev. She was chuckling at the cute sight of her husband when her gaze was drawn to a very familiar face.

Her expression alternated between shock and amazement before a sinister smirk appeared on her face. Why is he in this place? She pressed that thought. She observed him grooving to a tune called Dance Basanti.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and smiled as she snapped some photos of him dancing with girls around, holding the drink in his hand, and even kissing some of the girls who were huddling close to him. Sitara bit her tongue and smiled when she transmitted those photos to someone.

"Ab ye basanti jarur nachegi gabbar ke samne." She crossed her arm across her chest and grinned ominously at him while looking at him with twinkling eyes.
(Now this Basanti will definitely dance in front of Gabbar.)

Dev noticed her snapping a photo of a member of the crowd when he got back. His eyes turned red from either jealousy or rage. That is the subject of conversation. And as soon as he heard her, he was certain that his little wife wasn't intoxicated at all.

Dev scowled and looked back at her. Sitara shuddered as she felt an intense gaze on the back of her head. She turned around to see Dev staring at her with a serious demeanor, and the hangover drink in his hand was on the sandy floor.

Did he catch her? Yes, he did. Take a look at his expression. Her inner self reprimanded her. Turning away from her, Dev began to move forward.

"Oh no! No! Dev!!" She yelled and followed him while running.

She reached toward him and grabbed his arm. Dev came to a halt but ignored her as he noticed her tripping over steps. He paused, not wanting her to get injure by her clumsy self.

"I apologize. Okay? It was merely for fun." She attempted to make amends, but when she noticed the solemn look on his face, she realized she was in big trouble.

"Fun?? Wow!!!" Dev stared at her in shock.

"Do you even know how scared I was when I saw those boys looming around you," Dev commented. Okay, he felt jealous when he noticed that they were staring at his wife.

"You were jealous," Sitara spoke, but Dev just gave her a stare, forcing her to stop. When neither of them said anything for a few minutes, she glanced down and gently explained.

"Back in college, I witnessed one of my friends getting wasted while their partners attended to them. I longed to have the same experience. Dev sighed as a result of Sitara's sluggish muttering.

"You could have just told me," he squeezed her chin, forcing her look at him. "Even if you hadn't been inebriated, I still would have done it." As Sitara heard what Dev had to say, she broke into a stunning smile.

"Phir Bhavna bua tumhe zoru ka gulam kehti." Dev gave Sitara a hug in return. Additionally, it was a regular occurrence for them, and Dev enjoyed their close physical touch a lot.
(Then Bhavna aunty will call you wife's slave.)

"Tuhme bahut Bua ki yaad aa rahi hai. Kahi miss to nahi kar rahi ho tum unhe?" Dev inquired, trying to contain his laughter as he was aware that the relationship they shared was bittersweet. Sitara shook her head fiercely.
(You are talking about Bua. Wow!! Are you by any chance missing her?)

The music abruptly changed, and Sitara's eyes began to sparkle as she heard the lyrics. She dragged Dev over to the beach party to dance. After noticing her smiling, Dev followed her.

They danced among the crowd and this how their trip came to end.

Dev is the most greenest flag.💚

So how was the trip?? Drop your thoughts about Yug.

Is the story getting boring or the pace is slow??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 2.8K 11
Maybe sometimes love needs a second chance because it was not ready for the first time 🥀... Ekansh Malohtra a youngest buisness tycoon (28).. A man...
290K 19.4K 20
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...
276K 9.9K 74
Shraddha Goel was born with a silver spoon, but she is a humble, kind, and soft girl. When she was twenty-two years old, she married Rohit Mehra, a w...
547K 18.1K 42
𝙄𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 [𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱] 𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘸𝘢�...