Deadland

By lizlovestwd

Adrian Walsh is a very stubborn and prideful 27-year-old. She tolerates her group, mainly sticking by her 12... More

Authors Notes!
Chapter 1- Tolerate
Chapter 2- New Man
Chapter 3- The Man on the Roof
Chapter 4- The Plan
Chapter 5- What the Hell?
Chapter 6- Escape
Chapter 7- Safe Spot
Chapter 8- The Truth
Chapter 9- Boom
Chapter 10- Cars
Chapter 11- Shoot
Chapter 12- Smile
Chapter 13- Well
Chapter 14- Flinch
Chapter 15- Shorts
Chapter 16- Broken Promise
Chapter 17- Hit
Chapter 18- Barn
Chapter 19- Angry
Chapter 20- Creek
Chapter 21- Two
Chapter 22- Strawberries
Chapter 23- Glass
Chapter 24- Hand Holding
Chapter 25- Attitude
Chapter 26- D(e)ad
Chapter 27- Nomads
Chapter 28- Sisters
Chapter 29- Gunman
Chapter 30- Shit Happens
Chapter 31- Mother
Chapter 32- Lil' Ass-Kicker
Chapter 33- Must, Pine trees, and Cigarettes
Chapter 34- Debrief
Chapter 35- The Woman
Chapter 36- A Third
Chapter 37- Vest
Chapter 39- Secret Apology
Chapter 40- Kiss
Chapter 41- Bracelet
Chapter 42- High
Chapter 43- Jean Vest
Chapter 44- PBND
Chapter 45- Detective
Chapter 46- Chomp
Chapter 47- Best Friend
Chapter 48- No idea
Chapter 49- Rock
Chapter 50- Wound
Chapter 51- Charges
Chapter 52- The Fall
Chapter 53- Thoughts
Chapter 54- Alyssa
Chapter 55- Claimers
Chapter 56- Rabbit
Chapter 57- Shirt
Chapter 58- Red Hat
Chapter 59- What?
Chapter 60- Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest
Chapter 61- Tainted Meat
Chapter 62- Mission
Chapter 63- Shoulda', Woulda', Coulda' (Part 1)
Chapter 64- Shoulda', Woulda', Coulda' (Part 2)
Chapter 65- Silence
Chapter 66- Cigarette
Chapter 67- Intruder
Chapter 68- Gas
Chapter 69- Rattlesnake
Chapter 70- Observer
Chapter 71- Crushed
Chapter 72- The Meeting
Chapter 73- What Was the Plan?
Chapter 74- The End Was With You
Chapter 75- Do Pretty Bitches Die?
Chapter 76- Balloons
Chapter 77- Exhaustion
Chapter 78- Is Negan Alive? (Part 1)
Chapter 79- Is Negan Alive? (Part 2)
Chapter 80- Maybe It's Not
Chapter 81- Over This Shit
Chapter 82- Agony
Chapter 83- Concussion
Chapter 84- Build Up
Chapter 85- Reunited
Chapter 86- Night Terror
Chapter 87- Manipulated
Chapter 88- Guts
Chapter 89- Revenge
Chapter 90- Back to the Beginning
Chapter 91- Isolation
Chapter 92- Bullethole
Chapter 93- Re-Traumatized
Chapter 94- Batshit Fuckin' Crazy
Chapter 95- Life or Death...Literally
Chapter 96- I Wish You Understood
Chapter 97- Bad Timing
Chapter 98- Rollercoaster of Emotions
Chapter 99- The Final Battle
Chapter 100- Did Nick Actually Deserve it?
Chapter 101- Actual Happiness
Chapter 102- Murder Mystery
Chapter 103- Just Like Everyone Else
Chapter 104- Last Time
Chapter 105- X
Chapter 106- Belt Buckle
Chapter 107- Journey
Chapter 108- Masks?
Chapter 109- Cell
Chapter 110- Unexpected
Chapter 111- Knock Out
Chapter 112- Oh God
Chapter 113- Blizzard
Chapter 114- Satellite
Chapter 115- Backstory
Chapter 116- Bug-a-boo
Chapter 117- You Think I Would Hit You?
Chapter 118- Hemlock
Chapter 119- Cave
Chapter 120- Horde
Chapter 121- Kaboom
Chapter 122- Rendezvous
Chapter 123- Whisperer War
Chapter 124- Metro
Chapter 125- Teenager
Chapter 126- Alden
Chapter 127- I'm Not Lying!
Chapter 128- Dual
Chapter 129- I Fucking Failed You
Chapter 130- I'm Done
Epilogue
Authors Notes!

Chapter 38- Asshole

87 4 27
By lizlovestwd

(TW!! Mentions of drug usage/being high on drugs!!)

Rick stops the car in front of a fallen tree and a stopped, red, broken-down pick-up truck. 

I can barely move to lift my head up as everyone steps out of the car. 

"Adrian, your arm looks like shit." Glenn says. "It makes me look badass." I slurr, standing up and stumbling out of the car slightly. 

I catch myself and walk to the front of the car, everyone looks at me. "What?" Rick just shakes his head and looks at the pick-up truck. 

"Get the brakes." He tells Glenn. 

Glenn slowly walks over to the car, still in pain from the previous hours, and opens the door. A Walker leaps out and jumps on him, he quickly moves out of the way and allows it to fall on the ground before stomping its head in to mush. 

Rick walks over to Glenn, "You didn't kill him." Glenn pants. "That's not why we went back." Rick looks at Maggie and I. 

My mouth is dry as hell so I search through my backpack for a bottle of water. My hands are shaky as well is my vision so I drop the water bottle. Maggie crouches down, picks it up, and holds it out to me. Her and I make eye conatct, she looks at me with an unreadable expression but I can tell she's searching for something in my eyes. 

"No. That's right. You went back for Daryl and now he's gone again and the Governor is still alive." Glenn seems angry but I can't really tell. 

"Daryl was the priority." Rick reassures. "I should have been there with you." "You were in no condition." "But my girlfriend was?" Glenn looks at Maggie then back at Rick. "Adrian was? She was shot and still went." 

"Glenn this isn't about us." Maggie speaks up, her voice is comforting. "I should have been there." Glenn repeats. 

Rick continues to try and de-escalate the situation. "Hey, hey, you didn't come back with us 'cause you could barely walk." "What about her?" Glenn steps closer to Daryl, I can finally tell how angry he is. 

I begin to feel my eyes close but I shake my head so I don't nod off. 

"What about me?!" Maggie yells back. "Do you know what he did to her?!" "Leave it alone!" "Do you know?!" Maggie glares at Glenn then turns back to the bed of the pick-up truck. "Let's go." She demands. 

It's quiet for a beat while Glenn calms down slightly. 

I feel my legs give out as I nod off again, so I grab ahold of the truck and steady myself. 

"After all that effort, all the risk we took, Daryl just takes off with Merle?" Glenn scoffs. "Well, he had his reasons." Rick says. 

"I would have followed 'Lyss." I slur. "Yeah, well Alyssa didn't beat my ass." Glenn glares at Rick. "You can keep telling yourself that, Rick. That doesn't change the fact that we're up to our necks in shit." 

"You want me to turn the car around, beg him to..." 

My ears begin to ring and my mouth suddenly fills with saliva. 

Damn it.

I rush into the woods, collapse on my knees, and throw up. I haven't eaten much in the past day so it's mostly water. 

Once I finish throwing up, I groan and sit back against a tree. The world shakes again as I nod off. 

"Adrian?" Maggie says softly. I open my eyes and look at her, "Mhm?" "Are you sure you're okay?" She crouches in front of me. I nod, "I promise." 

She sighs and looks at my throw up, "What did you take?" "Daryl's bullshit." She doesn't respond. 

"What happened between you two?" "It doesn't fucking matter, Maggie." I struggle to stand up but once I do, I look her in the eyes. "I appreciate your concern but I am fine." I pick up my backpack and walk away. 

I wake up as we pull up to the prison, the drugs have worn off slightly. Not enough to get rid of the euphoria but enough that you can't tell I'm on anything. 

When we step out of the car, Alyssa immediately runs to me and hugs me tight. "Why is there a wound on your arm?!" She yells, still hugging me. "Oh you know, got shot. Typical day." "What?!" Her voice raises a few octaves. 

Damien approaches me and hugs me, "You look pretty badass with a bullet wound." "That's what I'm sayin'! But they want me to cover it up." 

Damien looks at the car, "Where's Daryl." "Fuck Daryl." I say with a powerful tone. "Woah what?" He follows after me as I walk into the prison, Alyssa follows too. 

"'Lyss, I love you, but go away." "But-" "Do you wanna hear about my sex life?" "Bye." She says quickly, turning on her heel and walking away. 

"Bitch ass left with Merle. Told me all I was to him was a wet mouth. I knew we weren't...oh. Hello." I turn to a group of people sitting in the lounge area. Three men and a woman. They all look like they've been out of the road for a while. 

I just look at them and walk into the cell block. 

Way to be obviously drugged out of your mind.

 "Woah-" Damien lightly pushes me up against a wall to get me to stop walking, once we're in the cell block. "Daryl left?" I nod, "Yeah. Left with Merle. Even after Merle wouldn't shut the fuck up about me." 

"Ew? Fuck him. Both of them." "Exactly." "Is that why you're on..." His voice trails off. "How did you-" Damien scoffs, "Adrian, you're pupils are literally pin-point small, you're sweating like hell, you can barely walk, and you're actually talking to people who aren't me. Even if it was just a 'oh. Hello.'" 

Hershel slowly makes his way to us, "Want me to take a look at your arm?" I shake my head; the world turns to a blur. "No, it's fine." "It's pretty deep." "Yes, she wants you to look at her arm." 

Hershel nods and nods to the cell next to us. "Asshole!" I whisper through gritted teeth. 

Hershel sits me down on the bed and lightly grabs my arm, looking at my gunshot wound. 

"Well, the good thing is, it's just a flesh wound." "I' been tellin' people that for hours." "But you'll need some medicine to fight infection." "No!" 

If I take medicine while I'm using Dilaudid, I could overdose. 

"Adrian, it'll-" "I said no. I don't want it. Jus' gimme' a band-aid and we can call it a day." 

Hershel sighs, I guess he thinks I don't want it because of me overdosing. 

"Okay, let me know if you change your mind." He says softly, standing up and walking out with his crutches. 

Once he leaves, Damien comes and sits next to me. "Will the medicine-" "Yeah." He nods, not saying anything else. "Adrian I don't know what you're on but..." His voice trails off. "I can't tell you what to do but I can suggest you not to do that. I'm not gonna go and tell anybody but I know you injected something because I see the redness on your arm." I look down and then hide my arm. My eyes find Damien's again...slightly. 

"Alyssa would-" "She doesn't have to fucking know." "Adrian-" "Damien stop!" I stand up quickly, irritated. "I'm sick of everyone telling me how to live my goddamn life! I don't give a fuck what you think, what my sister thinks, and especially not what Daryl thinks!" 

"Really?! Because it seems you care a lot about what Daryl thinks because you stuck that damn needle in your arm because he said shit to you!" Damien's irritated to, the first time we've yelled at each other. 

"God you're an ass." I grunt, starting to walk out of the cell. "I'm trying to help you-" I quickly turn around. "Maybe I don't want help!" I throw my hands up and narrow my eyes. "Maybe I'm not helpable or maybe- just maybe I. Don't. Want. Help." 

"Seems like it's both." He says matter-of-factly, crossing his arms.

I clench my jaw and straighten up, "Get the fuck out of my cell before I get back." And with that, I turn on my heel and storm off. 

I stumble my way through the halls and to the bathrooms. 

I crouch down in front of a toilet and throw up again, less food this time- more water. 

I groan, "Damn it." I wipe my mouth and relax on the stall door. 

I feel acid rise in my throat once more, so I hunch over the toilet and throw up again. 

I flush the toilet and sit back again, trying to distract my mind. 

The Dilaudid can distract me. I've just gotta find my backpack.

I wipe my mouth and stand up, trying to remember where my backpack is. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.6K 33
The Grimes twins were inseparable since birth. Raising hell with Shane Walsh all through grade school till graduation when the boys became cops and (...
500K 11.5K 71
What would it have been like if Merle and Daryl had a little sister to look out for during the Apocalypse? This book follows everything EXACTLY as t...
9.4K 455 50
Jenna , a 24 year old girl has no choice but fight her way through life, after an abusive family kicked her out when she was only 12, she was forced...