The Sixth Doll~ Pretty Little...

By Isabel_Rivers

Isabel Rivers never really had a safe place to land. That was before she met queen bee Alison DiLaurentis. Sh... More

Book 1- Pretty Little Secrets
Pilot
The Jenna Thing
To Kill a Mocking Girl
Can You Hear Me Now?
Reality Bites Me
There's No Place Like Homecoming
The Homecoming Hangover
Please Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone
The Perfect Storm
Keep Your Friends Close
Moments Later
Salt Meets Wound
Know Your Frenemies
Careful What U Wish 4
If at First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again
Je Suis Une Amie
The New Normal
The Badass Seed
A Person Of Interest
Someone to Watch Over Me
Monsters in the End
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Book 2- Pretty Little Dead
It's Alive
The Goodbye Look
My Name is Trouble
Blind Dates
The Devil You Know
Never Letting Go
Surface Tension
Save the Date
Picture This
Touched By An A-ngel
A/n
I Must Confess
Over My Dead Body
The First Secret
Through Many Dangers, Toils, and Snares
A Hot Piece of 'A'
Let the Water Hold Me Down
The Blond Leading the Blind
A Kiss Before Lying
The Naked Truth
Ctrl: 'A'
Breaking the Code
Father Knows Best
Eye of the Beholder
If These Dolls Could Talk
UnmAsked
Book 3 -Pretty Little Crazy
It Happened That Night
Blood is the New Black
Kingdom of the Blind
Birds of a Feather
That Girl is Poison
The Remains of the 'A'
CrAzy
Stolen Kisses
The Kahn Game
What Lies Beneath
Single Fright Female
The Lady Killer
This is a Dark Ride
She's Better Now
Mona- Mania
Misery Loves Company
Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Inferno
Dead to Me
What Becomes of the Broken- Hearted
Hot Water
A/n
Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Will The Circle be Unbroken?
I'm Your Puppet
A DAngerous Game
Book 4 -Pretty Little Alive
A is for A-l-i-v-e
Turn of the Shoe
Cat's Cradle/ Face Time
Gamma Zeta Die!
Under the Gun
Crash and Burn, Girl
The Guilty Girl's Handbook
Into the Deep
The Mirror Has Three Faces
Bring Down the Hoe
Now You See Me, Now You Don't
Grave New World
Love ShAck, Baby
Close Encounters
Bite Your Tongue
Hot For Teacher
Shadow Play
Free Fall
She's Come Undone
Cover for Me
A/n:
Unbridled
'A' is For Answers
Book 5- Pretty Little Mess
EscApe From New York
Whirly Girly
Surfing the Aftershocks
Thrown From the Ride
Miss Me x 100
Run, Ali, Run
The Silence of E. Lamb
Scream For Me

Who's in the Box?

239 7 0
By Isabel_Rivers

"Not the ones that make you want to hide in the closet with a quart of ice cream." -Hanna Marin

"Where has she been hiding all this time?" Hanna scoffed. They were in Spencer's bedroom, discussing... Ali.

"I don't know," Aria shrugged.

"Do you think she's been hiding right here in Rosewood?" Emily added.

"Why would she be hiding?" Isabel frowned, crossing her arms. "Why couldn't she just come back?"

"I don't know," Aria sighed.

"You keep saying that," Hanna huffed.

"Because I don't know," Aria snapped, but Emily changed the subject.

"Okay, what do we know?" she asked hastily. "Somebody tried to kill Ali. They buried her in her back yard."

"Right, and then Grunwald pulled her out," Aria finished.

"Yeah, like a carrot," Hanna muttered.

"Well, why didn't she just call the cops?" Aria blinked.

"Which cops was she supposed to call? Wilden? Garrett?" Isabel replied sarcastically.

"Ali not calling the cops is the only thing I do understand," Hanna remarked.

"You guys, we just found out that Ali is alive. She's really alive," Aria said, staring at her feet.

"Why am I not insanely happy?" Isabel added.

"Thought it was just me," Emily agreed.

"It's not," Hanna assured her.

"Look we can figure out how we feel about this later," Spencer said, walking over from the windowsill. "The fact is that Ali's alive. Right, and she's been hiding out this whole time. Maybe it was in Rosewood. Maybe it was in Philadelphia. Maybe it was in Nova Scotia. Okay? But the sooner we can make it okay for her to come back, the sooner we can sit her down in a chair and ask her what the hell is going on... and why she would do this to us."

"Ali always liked games," Isabel muttered.

"What? Like she's been playing with us?" Aria frowned. "Chasing us around the game board-"

"Like she was 'A'?" Emily finished. They all stared at her. "Tell me you've never thought that yourself." Uh... No. Hell no.

"Yeah, I haven't," Isabel scoffed, raising an eyebrow.

"No. That's crazy, isn't it?" Hanna huffed.

"Well, we have to consider every possibility, don't we?" Emily shot back.

"Not the ones that make you want to hide in the closet with a quart of ice cream," Hanna argued.

"There's someone Ali is so afraid of she can't come back," Spencer said as she paced. "Who?"

"Toby said the only thing that Shana was guilty of was selling Jenna's car to Mona," Emily added, crossing her arms.

"And CeCe's been busy running from the cops 'cause she killed Wilden," Isabel agreed.

"What about Board Shorts?" Hanna suggested, leaning against Spencer's bed post.

"We don't even know if that's a real person," Emily sighed.

"It was a real person who came after me in that house," Spencer huffed.

-

"So Caleb didn't find anything in 'A's apartment when he was in Ravenswood?" Aria asked. They were walking to Ali's (what was it? Crypt box?) in the morgue.

"Nothing. It was completely cleaned out," Isabel replied.

"Guys, I wonder if Ali reached out to anybody besides us," Spencer said thoughtfully as they stopped in front of Ali's crypt box thing.

"Such as?" Aria asked in a warning tone.

"Such as her brother," Spencer shrugged.

"Spence," Hanna sighed.

"I mean, come on," Spencer scoffed, crossing her arms. "Isabel, haven't you heard from him?"

"Spencer!" Hanna yelled. Isabel pressed her lips together and bit down hard on her bottom one to keep from crying.

"Yeah, I've heard from him and just failed to mention it," Isabel said sarcastically, but her voice cracked halfway through.

"Maybe we should be talking to Jason," Spencer suggested.

"Spence, you don't need to be a shrink to tell that she's in pain," Emily snapped as Isabel looked at her feet. "Lay off the Jason thing for now, okay?"

"Yeah, and besides, w- we all agreed that it was too dangerous to tell anybody," Aria added. "Whoever tried to kill Ali's still around."

"Okay, but suppose Jason already knows she's still alive," Spencer went on, and Hanna sighed audibly. "At least then we wouldn't be the only ones in charge of a secret."

"Well, when you do manage to contact Jason, don't bother telling me," Isabel snapped, walking off.

"Wait, Isabel, I didn't mean it like-" Spencer began, but Isabel was already gone.

-

Later, Isabel, Spencer, Emily, and Aria were walking to school and talking about what Mrs. D had told Emily.

"She still changes the sheets on Ali's bed?" Spencer gaped.

"That's a new dimension in awkward," Aria agreed as they walked along.

"And she wouldn't tell you where Jason was?" Spencer pressed. Emily hesitated, glancing at Isabel, whose face had turned stony.

"She... She said he wanted his private time," Emily muttered, not meeting anyone's eyes.

"What's the difference between that and hiding out?" Spencer asked.

"Spence," Emily whispered, nodding toward Isabel. "We might not wanna talk about-"

"Oh, no, you can talk about him," Isabel scoffed, folding her arms across her chest. "He's a jerk, anyway."

"Well, yeah," Aria agreed. "What's he got to hide from?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Isabel huffed. "Me."

"Isabel, that's not true," Emily assured her, nervously glancing at Aria.

"Oh really? And he just happened to decline every single one of my calls?" Isabel snapped.

"What else did she say?" Spencer persisted.

"Spence, you're being insensitive," Aria sighed.

"Mrs. D said she could reach him in case of an emergency," Emily said before Spencer could retort.

"Somebody's gotta know where he is," Spencer complained, looking at Isabel.

"Don't look at me, he hasn't even said one word to me since the accident. I had to find out from you that he was in Virginia," Isabel scoffed, gritting her teeth.

"Isabel, I'm sorry, but we need to talk to him," Spencer urged.

"Fine. Go ahead. But don't come running to me with questions you know I can't answer," Isabel snapped, storming off yet again.

-

Isabel sat at her desk, staring at the diary she stole. It sat neatly on her bookshelf, as if it was always there. The newness of it in her apartment made her want to read it so bad. Taunting, almost.

She finally gave in and picked it up. Maybe she'd show the others. Yeah, clues that would help them find out who Ali was afraid of.

So she opened the book and read the first entry.

Dear Diary,

Secrets make the world go round. EVERYONE has something to hide. From parents to creepy janitors to high school students.

If secrets had a pentagon, Rosewood High would be it. I would be the acting director because I know it all.

In truth, this is not so much a diary as it is a record keeper. I need to keep track of everyone's dirty little secrets. Secrets I can use to help my day to be a little more fun, and also use everyone's dirt against them in order to get me out of this boring little town.

P.S. Diary, I think it's loony to refer to a leather-bound group of paper as if it is a person. So no more of that "Dear" nonsense.

Isabel's eyes widened. She had read this. It was the book in the janitor's office! No wonder she recognized the cover! She kept reading, eager to find out more.

Saturday, October 25th

I just found out that there is going to be a Halloween party at Noel's this year. Maybe I should start thinking ahead of something fun to do with all the girls. I, of course, have to be careful around Spencer and Isabel. Spencer is always the smartest of us all, and since Isabel was held back a year, she comes close in second. Isabel is also my second favorite of all the girls. She adores me. If I think of something really good, the two of them can't find out what I'm up to.

I also need to meet CeCe Drake outside for fake IDs. She's dating my lame brother, Jason. He and his stoner buddies stay behind a locked door. Good. They creep me out. I don't get why him and Isabel are friends. She's such a sweet girl. If only she knew who REALLY is.

Isabel's breath caught at her name. Ali wrote about her. She was one of her favorites?

And when her eyes fell onto Jason's name... wow, they were best friends back then. How things had changed.

Sunday, October 26th

I spent the day shopping, and I bought the most adorable new dress! They had several pairs of shoes that I could have bought, but I found the perfect pair at the last store I went to. Everyone at school is going to be so jealous of me- if they are not already. Just wait until I spend the day next week shopping with my mom- I will be getting in all the newest trends from all the best stores. It is going to be so much fun rubbing it in everyone's faces!

Isabel sighed. Classic Ali.

Wednesday, October 29th

There's a new girl in town. I ran into her at the costume shop. Jenna. She was looking for a wig, attempting to be Gaga. Not on my watch. She interests me. Good or bad? She already knew who I was, which isn't surprising. Somehow, she scored an invite to Noel Kahn's party. I'll have to keep an eye on her.

My plans to get Hefty Hanna to shave her head failed miserably. Spencer stepped in to defend Hanna. Not smart. Spencer is supposed to be smart. That's why I picked her. On the bright side, I think Hanna lost a few pounds trying to fit into her Britney costume.

As Isabel read this, she hoped that Ali had changed. That she wasn't still like this. She couldn't put up with this evil girl again.

Thursday, October 30th

Aria's dad is cheating on her mom. I love it! I mean, it sucks for Aria, but I'm a sucker for drama. There's no way Aria tells her mom, though. Mr. Montgomery will talk her out of it. I just know it! She doesn't have the courage to stand up to him. That's why I picked her.

Note: Isabel is the courageous one. But she's also smart. That's why I picked her. She knows it's stupid to try to stand up to me. She has her flaws, though.

But back to Aria. I know Mr. Montgomery definitely saw me there. Note to self: you MUST use this. He owes me something. But what can I get from him? He's cute... but old. Maybe I should tell Ella?

Emily and Ben slept together. I cannot believe Emily lost her virginity before any of us. Maybe I don't. And I have a sneaking suspicion that they never actually had sex. She kissed me, so...

Anyway, while I was writing, Jason barged in, all rude and unexpected. I would've thrown him out, if not for Isabel being there. How is it that one of my favorite people is best friends with one of the worst?

He wanted 20 bucks for a secret. He is so cheap. I know he uses it to buy beer for his little club meetings. NKT club or some stupid name like that. Ugh, if I didn't need him for buying alcohol for me and my friends, I would so turn him and his pervert friends in to the cops. Then Isabel would see what a sicko Jason is. I would ruin him and his perverted club. One down, three to go.

Someone left a voodoo doll on the front porch. Let's say some coward, not someone who knows who they're dealing with, obviously. Creepy as hell, I'll admit it. Wonder if it's the same person who texted me that they were watching me the other day. They've got some nerve, the freak.

And here was the proof that 'A' tormented Ali, too. Not that Isabel didn't already believe it. Her heart stopped at the mention of the NAT club. Another red flag.

Friday, October 31st

So, today, I had the best plan to scare the girls. But that bitch who calls themself 'A' tried to ruin it. That creep is seriously getting on my last nerve.

While we got ready at Spencer's, the girls and I talked. I had helped Spencer out with the election. She was dressed up as some eighteenth century queen or something like that. Emily was a cute Indian girl, Hanna was Britney Spears (sadly not Bald Britney), and Isabel was a "sexy vampire" (Her words. To Jason, but whatever).

Only Aria wasn't there. Which sucked. How was I supposed to scare all of the girls if Aria wasn't there? Man, ever since she and I caught her dad making out with that skank in her dad's car, she's been a real downer. I have to fix that.

Anyway, once Aria did arrive, she said she wasn't coming to Noel's party. Oh hell no. Not on my watch. That would totally ruin my plan! I had to threaten to tell the others about her dad and Meredith. That seemed to work.

When we got to Noel's, Jenna was also there. Ugh! So annoying. I need to take care of her somehow. Later, I cornered her, and offered her a spot in our group. She declined. What a bitch! I definitely need to keep an eye on her.

After that epic fail, I gave Spencer the rigged ballots. She burned them immediately. Huh. Guess she really does trust her friends. I would've peeked. And tonight determined if I could trust my friends. And I learned I could.

Then, I found Emily. She was dancing with Ben, but she was staring at that slut, Jenna. I wasn't jealous, or anything. I went over and bet that Em would love to taste HER cherry chapstick.

I came back to the party after successfully scaring the girls. One thing bothered me, though. Isabel wasn't at the house when I scared the others. Then, I remembered: When I had given Spencer the ballots, I had seen her get into some guy's car. It was a familiar car, but I couldn't quite remember whose. In that moment, glowering at Ian and Melissa, I remembered whose car it was.

It was Jason's!

I walked back to my house. And oh my god! You'll never believe what I saw! I peeped through the windows and saw something so scandalous, I don't even know if I can recount it!

Isabel and Jason were on the living room, making out. They both looked high, or drunk, or both. It was so infuriating, since I had strictly forbidden my friends from dating my freaky brother. But I love it at the same time! Isabel and Jason? It's juicier than Emily liking girls.

But I already know that Jason had a huge crush on Isabel. Duh, I mean, how could she not see the way he looks at her? I just had no idea she felt the same way. Quite strange, since she never told me she likes him, and ALL of the girls told me their crushes. And Isabel specifically said she liked Mike Montgomery, not Jason.

Sadly, Isabel looked so high, I doubt she'll remember it in the morning, so I can't hold that dirty secret against her. I guess it'll just be my little secret.

After being bored to death at Noel's party, the others and I went back to my house.

Minus Isabel, of course. Where was she? Was she still at my house? Ooh, what if she lost her virginity to Jason?! Do you know how deliciously outrageous that would be? Isabel, a 16-year- old, having sex with with Jason, a 20-year-old. What a huge opportunity! Another secret for me to hold over Jason's head, possibly Isabel's.

Anyway, that bitch, 'A', threatened to bash my head in. I'm not gonna worry, since they're just a stupid creep. But the girls wouldn't even sleep over! I mean, I didn't even scare them that bad. I still wonder who body-checked me at that weird house, though. If it wasn't Noel...

P.S. It turned out Isabel didn't sleep with Jason. Damn it.

When Isabel finished reading the entry, tears stained her cheeks. Her eyes were puffy from crying, even though she still was, as she read the last few paragraphs about her and Jason.

Ali knew.

-

Later, Isabel was arguing with Caleb.

"You just have to go to Ravenswood?" Isabel scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Isabela, you don't get it, I-"

"No, you don't get it, Caleb," Isabel snapped. "I already had my parents leave me, then my best friend, Ali leave me, then of course the love of my life fled, and now you want to desert me over- what was it, Miranda?"

"She needs my help, Isabela. I promise I'll come back," Caleb replied.

"They all say that, Caleb," she huffed, shaking her head. "It's always, 'oh, I will return, I swear!' And then they don't. And you keep waiting. And waiting. Yet they never, ever come back home."

"Isabela, I'm your brother," he reminded her.

"And my mom's my mom, and my dad's my dad. And they still left us," she shot back. "Caleb, put yourself in my place. Imagine if Toby 'died', and you had to suffer with that for years. Then Hanna left because you two nearly died in an elevator accident. Now, just picture this, I deserted you because this guy really needs my help in some creepy as hell town."

Caleb was silent.

"My point exactly," Isabel said.

"I'm sorry, but I have to do this," he whispered, getting up from her chair.

"Caleb, wait, no, please don't go!" she yelled, springing up. "Please!"

"I will be back. And that's not a promise, it's the truth. I will return, Isabela, I swear," he repeated, now at her door.

"Caleb, no, p- please, I have no other brothers, or sisters, or- or-" she choked out, tears once again trailing down her face. "Please, please, please. I can't lose you agai- again."

Caleb sighed as he hugged her, opened the door, and left.

Isabel slid down the closed door, sobbing as another person stepped out of her life.

How many more until she completely broke?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.1K 1.3K 183
Leah Hart is a normal teenage girl. That is until she meets Alison DiLaurentis. They become like sisters. When Ali disappears so does Leah. The only...
106K 3.9K 74
Secrets couldn't stay buried if the dead girl didn't. Now that Alison DiLaurentis was alive and well, it was up to her friends to bring her back to R...
10.8K 194 26
I came back to Rosewood under a dark cloud. The same one I left with. Only now not only do I have the dark cloud as one of the best friends of a dead...
151K 3.4K 47
Λšβœ§β‚Š 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃 πŽπ…π… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ„π“π…π‹πˆπ— π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’: ππ‘π„π“π“π˜ π‹πˆπ“π“π‹π„ π‹πˆπ€π‘π’ Λšβœ§β‚Š Quinn Montgomery, Aria's distant cousin moves bac...