Blessed (gxg)✔️

由 ghostlywonders

Shawnee has been saving money since she was a teen with the hopes of getting custody of her little sister. Bi... 更多

Characters & A/N
1. Know
2. See Mines
3. Can I?
4. Sure Can
5. Hopeful Voice
6. Interesting
7. Need You
9. Hollow
10. Big Things
11. Smoked Out Stupid
12. Beyond Thankful
13. What Goes On
14. Ouch
15. Big Love
16. Why Though?
17. Hit But Past Tense
18. He's A Bum
19. My Fav
20. Lovely...
21. Baby Love Feels
22. Get Yours?
23. Little Too Much
24. Final Peace
25. Because You Did!
26. I'm Sorry
27. Trustfall
28. I'm Waiting, Love
29. Stessing Me Out
30. Court
31. New Beginnings
Epilogue
A/N ~ sequel & new book

8. Stickler For More

1.2K 49 30
由 ghostlywonders

[TW: Abusive parent]
Trina's POV

"TRINA!! Get your bitch ass out here!" I hear my mothers screaming voice.

I immediately jump off the floor of the storage closet. I was trying to do homework because the teacher said I'm going to get left back if I don't hand it in anymore. But I don't want to be left back because I want to stay in class with Shawnee. She just started being a girl and people are going to be mean to her if I don't help her defend herself.

"Yes mommy?" I ask, approaching the side of the apartment she was screaming from.

"Didn't I tell you to clean these dirty fucking dishes before I got home?!" Her usual angry eyes peer down at me. I jump and nod.

"I did do it." I quickly respond, making sure not to look at her in the face anymore or she'll think I'm being disrespectful.

"Then what the fuck is that in the sink? Huh?" She snarls. I walk to the sink and look inside to see a spoon that wasn't there before.

"It wasn't ther-"

"Oh! So you soooo big you can talk back?" She cuts me off and I immediately shut up, shaking my head. "Come on Trina. Speak again. Let me hear that smart ass mouth." She bends down and grabs my cheeks to make me face her.

Once again, I keep quiet, completely terrified.

"Where the fuck were you then? With your adventurous ass? What was so important you can't listen to your mother?" She asks and I hesitate before telling the truth.

"In my room, doing homework." I explain.

She lets out a loud condescending laugh and reaches one hand back before slapping me right across my face. I fall to the floor, covering my mouth so I don't scream.

"You think you so fucking smart huh? That you can do big things if you finish school or some stupid shit? You're dumbass is BARELY TEN! You're NOT DOING SHIT." She screams at me and I nod quickly, still covering my mouth when she grabs me back my hair and lifts me up.

I hardly hold in my whine of pain. It hurts!

"Get me that dumb ass paper!" She lets me go and I run to the storage closet, where my blanket and pillow lays on the floor, before grabbing my homework paper and running back to her.

"Teacher said I hav-" she slaps me again.

"Shut the fuck up! Not destined for shit! Can't wait til you get old enough to kick out without it coming back to me. Shit." She grumbles and rips my paper before tossing it on the floor. "And you better clean that shit up too." She says before walking away, still in her uniform from work.

I quickly get to cleaning and toss away everything mom told me to do. When I'm done, I hear a soft knock on the door that was in rhythm of how my best friend in the entire world makes her presence known. My heart warms up in happiness.

I carefully creak open the door and Shawnee gives me a sandwich and a kiss on the cheek before running away back to her apartment downstairs. When I close the door, I quickly run back to my room and hide under my blanket, quietly eating and wishing I was with Shawnee.

Sometimes she lets me stay with her at night time so I don't have to see mommy or her boyfriend but it's a secret from her mommy too. I don't want to get in trouble and don't want to get Shawnee in trouble too.

I love her so much. When I get big, I'm going to run away with her.

~~~~~

"You're okay my love," Shawnee mumbles, pulling me closer to her chest as I shake, cry and sweat from the dream I just woke up from. I nod and sniffle, trying to muffle the sound as she rubs my back and kisses my forehead.

I don't even mind her breath as I just accept her hugs and kisses. Our naked skin is touching while she comforts me and makes sure I'm okay.

Shawnee always knew when I was getting a beating because she could hear it from the thumps on the ceiling. But she could never do anything about it because everyone is so concerned with their own business and getting money.

Plus, we were kids. There wasn't much we could do. She could only make sure I could eat when we were at school or playing in the park. At least her addict of a mother never laid hands on her or Niquey over the years. I'm sure that woman loved Shawnee at some point in life before her life revolved around drugs instead.

Mine though... yeah, mine never loved me and she made sure I knew it every day. I was the reason she dropped out of school and was forced to be a cleaning lady for years. I was the reason her deadbeat boyfriends broke up with her because having kids is baggage even though they're the definition of baggage themselves. Everyday was spent trying not to make her more upset. Shawnee and Niquey were and are my light.

It was around when Niquey was born that I started staying more nights with Shawnee. We would both fall asleep on either side of Niquey, protecting her from falling off the bed and keeping her from crying. Even though my mother didn't want me around, she didn't like when I stayed at other people's places since it made it seem like she wasn't taking care of me. Which was true, but that wasn't the concern.

Either way, I got kicked out the moment I turned eighteen. By then, Niquey was already in foster care and Shawnee was in a gang. I didn't want to be a burden so I started working as a busboy in a random ihop. Using that experience, I started working as a busboy and kitchen staff in another restaurant - a fancier one- and learned a little more about cooking. I gained an interest but Shawnee and I had a plan. I couldn't focus solely on learning to cook over someone's shoulder, I needed money.

At nineteen, I started stripping and working clubs as table staff on the off days. Three jobs for four years straight with zero extra expenses left me with a lot of money that I've put away- partly in a safe and the other part into a bank account I opened at twenty.

Shawnee does her best and earns a lot from dealing but moving out of here is first on our list. The moment we move out into somewhere safer, the easier it'll be to show we're reliable enough to the adoption agency to get Niquey back. It's just harder to figure out how Shawnee is going to get out of the gang.

"love you," she whispers once more before I fall asleep again, calmer.

...
"You sure you don't want anything Tree?" Shawnee asks, rubbing my back as I lay on top of her on the couch.

We're watching some of our show but I'm not really paying attention. I'm just trying to relax before I have to go to the strip club later.

Shawnee has been carrying me everywhere, kissing up on me and cooking for me- which I appreciate. I'm just stressing since I hardly get any breaks. This is the first time I've truly relaxed in a while.

I hum and nod at her question, not feeling like talking.

"Okay..." a second passes. "You sure you sure?" I laugh and nod again.

"Yes Shawnee I'm okay, thank you." I reply, shifting around until her hands are on my ass since it's cold.

Our apartment barely has heating so winters are hell in here. It's not winter yet but a cold autumn is just as bad. Shawnee knows I love skin to skin though, so she's just in her sports bra and sweatpants while I'm in one of her old large tees and my panties.

She keeps me warm with her thumping heart and graceful hands that travel along my ass and thighs. Her movements comfort me, her care reassures me.

"Mhm," She looks down, lifting a hand to touch my chin, softly pulling me in for a kiss. "I'm right here if you need me." She ends with that same hand going behind her head to prop it up.

I just nod in response. I always need you.

———

"And next, give a warm welcome to Vixen!"

I walk out of the back, strutting. The sound of Pour it up by Rihanna playing in the background. My feet carefully step forward in my six inch heels. I grab the pole and dance to my song with the sound of older dudes whistling in the corner. There's also a group of men having a bachelor party for I'm getting more tips than usual with them tossing a few bills.

Doing my tricks, I use my strong core to hold my body up and turn around. Eventually my set is done and I'm back on the floor, giving dances to the bachelors and old guys. Soon, I'm called over to the dark corner of the club to the middle-aged white guy with silver hairs and a round face. I remind him of the dance prices as he leans back into the leather chair.

"I can tell you're not like the other girls. You're different." He whispers, keeping his hands on the arm rests. "I'm different too. I'm not like the other guys around here." He says as I slowly circle my hips over his lap.

"That's very nice." I respond, feigning interest. That fact that you're here is proof enough.

He smiles and fixes his tie. I see the shimmer of his gold wedding band as I raise my leg to put my foot on one of the arrests and roll my hips in the air. I internally groan as he keeps up with the usual nice guy shtick.

"You look young. I bet you're in college." Wrong.

"I am." I lie. "A writing major." I further the lie.

"So you're struggling to get by because your family is poor." Right.

"Mhm." I nod.

"I bet your family would hate to see you like this. They care so much about you." Wrong. Wrong.

"You don't have to do this, you know. You can make money in so many different ways. You deserve to be supported by a nice man." Partially right, partially wrong. These men tend to just have savior complexes so if I feed his ego, I'll get a big tip.

"I try."

"What's your name?"

"It's Vixen."

"No, your real name. You can trust me." He whispers when I lean down to rub my hands on his arms.

"Lisa." I lie once again.

"You don't look like a Lisa," he squints.

"Well I didn't choose it." I fake a laugh with him.

"That's true. I guess if you think about it, it suits you." He reaches into his pocket and the song comes to an end.

"That's time." I hold my hand out for my payment.

"You need a nice man like me to support you," he gives me the money for the dance. "Here's some extra.. Think about it.. Lisa," He says, dragging on the 'a', placing an extra two hundred in my hand.

"Thank you..." I smile while walking away. The moment I do, I drop my face and slide my money in my bra piece. I can't wait until my contract expires so I can properly leave this job without it coming back to bite me in the ass.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

85.7K 2.6K 20
Mona is a proud and unashamed sidepiece. She sleeps around on everybody she meets. She's a good time girl, so she really only good for a one night st...
195K 10.7K 53
27 year-old city councilwoman Onika Tanya Maraj is running for Governor. As she was making a speech there was a attempt on her life. As the investiga...
49.3K 2.6K 28
A person may seem perfect in the beginning, but when their true colors surface things aren't what they seem to be. Everything that glitters ain't gol...
86.9K 3.1K 39
[ BUNGOU STRAY DOGS X MODERN F! READER X MYSTIC MESSENGER X GENSHIN IMPACT] Different realities, different understandings, different decisions, diffe...