Earth Grazer || Doctor Who

By ExistentialSpoons

"What do you want, Ella?" "Earlier, you said you don't have someone. Let me be your someone ... Besides witho... More

Earth Grazer
I. Tequila = Death
II. Rude Plastic People
III. Incessant Questions
IV. Imposter Interrogator
V. Commence Invasion
VI. Storytime
VII. Mad Scientist
VIII. The Wrong Author
IX. Girl Talk
X. Small Confessions
XI. Talk To Me
XII. Apocalypse Party
XIII. Evil Trampoline
XIV. Woman Wept
XV. Lost in Space
XVI. Crash Landing
XVII. Under Arrest
XVIII. The Family Slitheen
XIX. Raxicorico - what?!
XX. The Way Out
XXI. Don't Leave
XXII. Distractions from the Silence
XXIII. Domesticity
XXIV. The Doctor's Nightmare
XXV. Revelation
XXVI. The Warrior Resurfaces
XXVII. Hello Again
XXVIII. A Beautiful Lie
XXIX. Reality Shift
XXX. Fallout
XXXI. Chill Night in the Tardis
XXXII. An Open Mind
XXXIII. A Bad Idea
XXXIV. Total Conspiracy
XXXV. Knowledge is Power
XXXVI. Cathica to the Rescue
XXXVII. Self-Care
XXXVIII. Plant Party
XXXIX. Wounded Time
40. A Life Like That
41. Devoured Hope
42. Distractions from the Shouting
43. A Small Step
44. So, That's How That Feels
45. A Day Out for Rose
46. The Creeping Shadow
47. Human Complexities
48. An Empty Child and a Flirty Pilot
49. The Plague of the London Blitz
51. Nancy's Difficult Decision
52. Ella's Acceptance
53. A Night Like This
54. One Terrible Night
A Random Poem
55. Date Night?

50. "Are you my mummy?"

140 2 0
By ExistentialSpoons

~unedited~

| |

Once Jack had explained how his con was supposed to work, find a harmless piece of space junk and throw it at the nearest Time Agent, convince them it was valuable and name a price. The agent puts up 50%, and a German bomb falls on it, the agent never knows what they paid for and never suspects they’ve been had, Jack buys them a drink with their own money, and it ends in the perfect self-cleaning con. “The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii’s nice if you want to make a vacation of it, but you’ve got to set your alarm for volcano day,” Jack had started laughing while the Doctor just stared at him. “Getting a hint of disapproval.”

“Take a look around the room, this is what your harmless piece of space junk did.”

“It was a burnt-out medical transporter, it was empty!”

The Doctor looked up at the girls, “you two,” he spun on his heels. Ella and Rose followed close behind, but before they left Ella turned back towards Jack.

“You coming?” He quickly got up and followed.

“I even programmed the flight computer so it wouldn’t land on anything living, I harmed no one! Look, I don’t know what’s happening here but believe me, I had nothing to do with it.”

The Doctor stopped walking and turned around to face Jack, “I’ll tell you what’s happening. You forgot to set your alarm, it’s volcano day.” A siren from outside sounded.

“What’s that,” Rose asked looking out the windows.

“The all clear,” Jack answered.

“I wish,” the Doctor turned back on his heels and began marching again.

“Wait, where are we even going?” Ella caught up to the stormy Doctor, pushing her glasses up when they slid down.

“Upstairs.”

| |

The group ended up outside the room where the first victim was taken, the Doctor asked Jack to get the door open. “What’s wrong with your sonic,” Rose quietly wondered as Jack pulled out a blaster and disintegrated the lock.

“Nothing, he’s just testing him,” Ella whispered back.

“Sonic blaster, 51st century. Weapons Factories of Villengard?” the Doctor asked while slowly approaching Jack and holding his hand out wanting to look at his blaster, Jack handed it over without question.

“You’ve been to the factories?”

“Once.”

“Well, they’re gone now, destroyed. The main reactor went critical, vaporized the lot.”

Ella glanced at the Doctor with a soft smile at the memory, “that was one of our early dates!”

“Like I said, once.” He handed the blaster back to Jack, “there’s a banana grove there now.”

“He likes bananas,” Ella told no one in particular, now she wasn’t allowed to touch people she found herself commentating.

“Bananas are good,” the Doctor stated before finally going into the room. The three humans surveyed the damage they walked into, papers strewn about, mostly busted equipment and filing cabinets in a state of disarray. “So, what do you think?”

“Something got out of here.”

“Yeah, and?”

“Something powerful. Angry,”

“Powerful and angry,” the drawings on the wall and the teddy bear suggested the angry powerful thing was a child, a child looking for his mom. The Doctor walked up to the tape machine and played it, the sound of the old doctor Constantine asking questions and an answering child’s voice rang out into the room.

“Doctor, we’ve heard this voice before.” Ella pointed between her and Rose, before they got swept up by the barrage balloon, they had been following a child who sounded exactly like the one on the tape.

“Me too.”

“Are you my mummy,” the child on the tape asked.

“Always that, like he doesn’t know. Why doesn’t he know,” Rose let a small hint of fear seep into her voice. Ella started fidgeting with her nails when the Doctor took to pacing in his growing agitation, the sense of dread oozing into everyone’s bones.

“Can’t you sense it?!” the humans couldn’t feel it the way the Doctor did and that baffled him. “Coming out of the walls, can’t you feel it?” he shook his head at the three, “funny little human brains, how do you get around in those things?”

Ella looked at Jack, “when he’s stressed, he likes to insult species, cut’s himself shaving and he does a half an hour on life forms he’s smarter than.”

“Giselle, I’m thinking.” What shocked Ella more than the name she used to fight against was the indifference at hearing it now, maybe after she had begun to forgive her father the name that he graced her with became a bit more bearable. “There are these children living rough round the bomb sites, they come out during air raids looking for food. Suppose they were there when this thing, whatever it was, landed?”

“It was a med ship, it was harmless!” Jack interrupted.

“Yes, you keep saying that. Suppose one of them was affected, altered?”

“Altered how?” Rose was clutching a broken piece of equipment perched in front of her, an unsettling noise settled over the people in the room.

“I’m here!” the child’s voice suddenly shouted over the tape.

“It’s afraid, terribly afraid and powerful. It doesn’t know it yet, but it will do … it’s got the power of a god, and I just sent it to its room.”

“I’m here, can’t you see me?” the child asked.

“What’s that noise,” Ella exclaimed.

“End of the tape,” the brunettes breath caught in her throat. “It ran out about 30 seconds ago.”

“I’m here now! Can’t you see me?!”

“I sent it to its room, Ella … this is its room.” The Doctor quickly spun around, and the child was standing behind them on the other side of the observation window.

“Are you my mummy?” Ella tried not to shudder as the child’s lifeless eyes gazed at them as he titled his head, “mummy?”

“Doctor,” Ella quietly murmured as a form of comfort, his hand instinctively reached out but stopped short. Causing her to swear very gracefully in French, not being able to touch each other is actual torture, she growled.

“Okay,” Jack slid from the other side of the Doctor and came up between him and Ella, “on my signal make for the door.”

“Mummy?”

“Now!” Jack aimed his blaster at the child except it’s a banana, just as the Doctor reached into his own belt, pulled out Jack’s blaster and made a nice square hole in the wall.

“Go now! Don’t drop the banana!”

“Why not?!” Jack yelled as Rose went through the hole.

“Good source of potassium!” Ella replied as she jumped through the hole next.

“Give me that!” Jack took back his blaster and put the wall back in place somehow, “digital rewind, nice switch.” He tossed the banana back at the Doctor.

“It’s from the groves of Villengard, thought it was appropriate.”

“There’s really a banana grove in the heart of Villengard and you did that?!”

“Bananas are good.” The wall in front of them started to crack, the group of four ran around corner to escape but the doors on the other end of the hallway opened in poured the endless patients. They turned around and tried to go down the other way but more of them came bustling out of their rooms, finally they settled back in front of where the wall first started to crack.

“It’s keeping us here till it can get at us.”

“It’s controlling them?”

“It IS them, its every living thing in this hospital.”

“Okay, this can function as a sonic blaster, a sonic cannon and as a triple enfolded sonic disrupter. Doc, what you got?” Jack turned and aimed his blaster at the wall and the patients as he named off things.

The Doctor proudly held up his sonic screwdriver, “I’ve got a sonic, uh, never mind.”

“What?!” Jack was still aiming his blaster.

“It’s sonic, okay? Let’s leave it at that.”

“Disrupter? Cannon? What?!”

“It’s sonic! Totally sonic! I am soniced up!” Ella had to let a small smile go at that.

“A sonic what,” Jack yelled.

“Screwdriver!” the Doctor yelled back, the child finally managed to break through the wall and Rose didn’t hesitate to grab Jack’s blaster.

“Going down,” she yelled as they fell through the hole she made.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Wait, what? A new chapter? So soon?! After the last one?! Well, anyways I felt inspired to basically write a full chapter about bananas and sonics apparently. Also please tell me I'm not the only one who forgot Ella wore glasses 💀 - Lilly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 423 47
*SEQUEL NOW OUT* Thought to have perished in the Great Time War, The Historian now resides on Earth with her closest friend, Henry, whom she rescued...
70.7K 2K 21
(ORIGINAL VERSION) For a girl who's lived a normal life on Earth for years, is she ready to see the universe from a different perspective? *** Willow...
9 0 1
Trying her best to hold herself together when the universe she once thought fictional tries ripping her apart, she learns that her only goal, to retu...
20.9K 634 35
She goes by many names. The adventurer, the genius; A liar, a truth seeker. But in the end, all of that won't matter any more. Why? The universe is...