Deadland

By lizlovestwd

Adrian Walsh is a very stubborn and prideful 27-year-old. She tolerates her group, mainly sticking by her 12... More

Authors Notes!
Chapter 1- Tolerate
Chapter 2- New Man
Chapter 3- The Man on the Roof
Chapter 4- The Plan
Chapter 5- What the Hell?
Chapter 6- Escape
Chapter 7- Safe Spot
Chapter 8- The Truth
Chapter 9- Boom
Chapter 10- Cars
Chapter 11- Shoot
Chapter 12- Smile
Chapter 13- Well
Chapter 14- Flinch
Chapter 15- Shorts
Chapter 16- Broken Promise
Chapter 17- Hit
Chapter 18- Barn
Chapter 19- Angry
Chapter 20- Creek
Chapter 21- Two
Chapter 22- Strawberries
Chapter 23- Glass
Chapter 24- Hand Holding
Chapter 26- D(e)ad
Chapter 27- Nomads
Chapter 28- Sisters
Chapter 29- Gunman
Chapter 30- Shit Happens
Chapter 31- Mother
Chapter 32- Lil' Ass-Kicker
Chapter 33- Must, Pine trees, and Cigarettes
Chapter 34- Debrief
Chapter 35- The Woman
Chapter 36- A Third
Chapter 37- Vest
Chapter 38- Asshole
Chapter 39- Secret Apology
Chapter 40- Kiss
Chapter 41- Bracelet
Chapter 42- High
Chapter 43- Jean Vest
Chapter 44- PBND
Chapter 45- Detective
Chapter 46- Chomp
Chapter 47- Best Friend
Chapter 48- No idea
Chapter 49- Rock
Chapter 50- Wound
Chapter 51- Charges
Chapter 52- The Fall
Chapter 53- Thoughts
Chapter 54- Alyssa
Chapter 55- Claimers
Chapter 56- Rabbit
Chapter 57- Shirt
Chapter 58- Red Hat
Chapter 59- What?
Chapter 60- Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest
Chapter 61- Tainted Meat
Chapter 62- Mission
Chapter 63- Shoulda', Woulda', Coulda' (Part 1)
Chapter 64- Shoulda', Woulda', Coulda' (Part 2)
Chapter 65- Silence
Chapter 66- Cigarette
Chapter 67- Intruder
Chapter 68- Gas
Chapter 69- Rattlesnake
Chapter 70- Observer
Chapter 71- Crushed
Chapter 72- The Meeting
Chapter 73- What Was the Plan?
Chapter 74- The End Was With You
Chapter 75- Do Pretty Bitches Die?
Chapter 76- Balloons
Chapter 77- Exhaustion
Chapter 78- Is Negan Alive? (Part 1)
Chapter 79- Is Negan Alive? (Part 2)
Chapter 80- Maybe It's Not
Chapter 81- Over This Shit
Chapter 82- Agony
Chapter 83- Concussion
Chapter 84- Build Up
Chapter 85- Reunited
Chapter 86- Night Terror
Chapter 87- Manipulated
Chapter 88- Guts
Chapter 89- Revenge
Chapter 90- Back to the Beginning
Chapter 91- Isolation
Chapter 92- Bullethole
Chapter 93- Re-Traumatized
Chapter 94- Batshit Fuckin' Crazy
Chapter 95- Life or Death...Literally
Chapter 96- I Wish You Understood
Chapter 97- Bad Timing
Chapter 98- Rollercoaster of Emotions
Chapter 99- The Final Battle
Chapter 100- Did Nick Actually Deserve it?
Chapter 101- Actual Happiness
Chapter 102- Murder Mystery
Chapter 103- Just Like Everyone Else
Chapter 104- Last Time
Chapter 105- X
Chapter 106- Belt Buckle
Chapter 107- Journey
Chapter 108- Masks?
Chapter 109- Cell
Chapter 110- Unexpected
Chapter 111- Knock Out
Chapter 112- Oh God
Chapter 113- Blizzard
Chapter 114- Satellite
Chapter 115- Backstory
Chapter 116- Bug-a-boo
Chapter 117- You Think I Would Hit You?
Chapter 118- Hemlock
Chapter 119- Cave
Chapter 120- Horde
Chapter 121- Kaboom
Chapter 122- Rendezvous
Chapter 123- Whisperer War
Chapter 124- Metro
Chapter 125- Teenager
Chapter 126- Alden
Chapter 127- I'm Not Lying!
Chapter 128- Dual
Chapter 129- I Fucking Failed You
Chapter 130- I'm Done
Epilogue
Authors Notes!

Chapter 25- Attitude

100 3 40
By lizlovestwd

The day after the funeral, in the morning, Alyssa sits in my arms on the ground. She lays her head on my chest and sits in between my legs. 

Hershel has agreed to let us stay in the house-at least for the winter.  Everybody has begun to bring things into the house but Alyssa seemed off so I got permission from Rick to sit with her for a moment.

My back is up against a tree I'm sitting on the dead grass below. Alyssa's body heat is keeping me warm. Damien is helping bring stuff in. 

"We never told him that Randall is still alive." She whispers. I don't respond, I just hug her a little tighter. 

"Where's dad?" She asks. "I dunno." "I want dad." I sigh, "He doing...stuff." "Well what's he doing?" She quickly stands up and looks at me. "I don't know 'Lyss." I shake my head but don't look at her. 

"Well why not?!" She says somewhat loudly. "Alyssa I-" "What is going on with you two?! With him?! Dale just died and you guys still can't even be around each other!" "That's not why he's not here. He's working on-" "What? He's working on what?! Are we even still a family? It feels like I've got a sister and a father. Not a sister and a father." 

Ouch. 

That hit me right in the heart. 

"He cares more about Carl and maybe me than he does you at all." "He cares about me." I can't tell if I'm trying to convince her or myself that. 

She scoffs, "Right." My heart breaks at her words. I stand up, "You think he doesn't care about us?" "Not really." She mumbles. 

Our eyes lock, her ocean blue eyes glossy with tears. "I want dad back." Her voice cracks. "I know." I wrap her in a hug. "I do too." 

I look up and see Damien standing there, watching us. "Stalker." I smile. 

He chuckles, Alyssa and I break the hug. She turns and sees Damien; a smile grows on her face. 

He takes his red Red Socks hat off and holds it out to Alyssa. He looks at her red shirt and says, "Red is totally your color." 

I don't think I've seen Alyssa smile such a big, genuine smile. "Really? But I've never seen you without it! Minus like...when we first met you." He smiles, "I think you'll look good with it." 

Her eyes widen and she puts the hat on, posing like a statue of a warrior. She puffs her chest out and puts her balled up fists on her hips. The hat plus her bottom of her ribcage-length platinum blonde hair looks amazing on her. 

I smile, "You look pretty sick." She giggles, "Thanks!" She runs up to Damien and hugs him, "Thank you!" She breaks the hug and turns to me, "Think dad'll like it? Him and I are matching hats! Kind of. His is blue but-still! I'll go find him." 

She zooms off to the house, my guess is to ask where dad is. 

I look away from her and look at Damien. "Jesus, she loves you." He chuckles, "Feeling's mutual. She's the sweetest thing ever." I put a hand on my heart and act offended, "And I'm not?" 

He laughs, "You're kind of a bitch-in a good way! Like- you don't take anyone's shit. I love it. She...she'll go to you if she doesn't like what someone says or does." I scoff, "I don't know if I've ever heard something more true." 

T-Dog runs to Damien and I. "Randall is missing." 

Damien and I look at each other. "Fuck." We say in unison. 

"C'mon." T-Dog says, waving me to the barn. When we all get there, including Damien, Andrea is already there. Everyone runs out of the house and to the barn when I get there. 

"What's wrong?" Lori asks. "Randall's missing." Glenn answers her. "He's missing? How?" "How long has he been gone?" Hershel asks. 

Rick steps out of the barn, "The cuffs are still hooked. Must've slipped 'em." 

"Is that possible?" Carol asks. "It is if you've got nothin' to loose." Andrea says, walking out of the barn as well. 

Hershel closes the door behind her, "The door was secured from the outside." 

"So then how the fuck did he get out?" I ask. "Wait." My heart stops, "Where's my dad?" 

Almost as if it was on cue, my dad's voice comes from the left. "Rick!" He screams, "Rick!" 

We all look over and see my dad, his face bloodied and scratched. 

"Oh my god." I mumble, running over to him. Everybody follows after me. 

"Dad!" I yell, "What the hell happened?!" 

"He's armed!" He yells, "He's got my gun." 

Shit, he's definitely going to get his group on us. 

"Are you okay?" Carl asks. 

"I'm fine. Little bastard just snuck up on me, he clocked me in the face." Rick turns to the group, "Alright, Hershel, T-Dog, get everybody back in the house. Glenn, Daryl, come with us." "T, I'm gonna need that gun." Shane says. 

"Just let him go." Carol says, looking around. "Why the fuck would we do that? He tried to kill my dad!" I narrow my eyes at Carol. "Yeah, but that was the plan, wasn't it? To just let him go?" 

"The plan was to cut him loose far away from here, not on our doorstep with a gun!" Rick shouts through gritted teeth. 

"Don't go out there, y'all know what can happen!" Carol yells, her voice high pitched. 

"Adrian, dad looks really bad." Alyssa taps me on the arm. "I know, he'll be fine...he always is. Remember that one time when he got jumped by a group of those criminals when he was a cop? He looked like shit, but he was fine, it's the same in this scenario." 

"Get everybody back in the house, lock the doors, and stay put!" Rick yells without looking back at us. 

Everybody begins to rush into the house, running for safety. 

After we get into the house, everybody begins to set up refuge to keep their minds off of the escaped convict. 

As Alyssa and I are setting up our sleeping area and laying our sleeping bags down, Damien comes up to us. 

"Shit, I didn't know your dad was a cop." He says, helping me get my sleeping bag out of its bag by pulling on the bottom of it. 

I scoff, "Why do you think he's such a cocky asshole?" "Adrian!" Alyssa warns. "Sorry, why do you think he's so persistent." Damien chuckles, "I see who you get your attitude from though." "Asshat! I don't have an attitude you-oh." Alyssa and Damien laugh. 

"I saw the realization in your eyes." Damien says, chuckling. 

"Psh, what realization. I'm as nice as they come." "Adrian can you help me with my sleeping bag?" Andrea asks. "No, do it yourself." I roll my eyes. 

Alyssa and Damien laugh again. "Yeah... 'as nice as they come'." Alyssa giggles. 

"Fuck off." I say, smiling. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 11.6K 52
"How did you know Merle?" "He saved my life. He saved me from somebody I loved." --- Ryan Melody Greene has not had the best life. She's not beautifu...
60.8K 978 35
A pre-apocalyptic love story about a young woman and her taboo relationship with her Dad's best friend, Merle Dixon. Will their budding relationship...
9.5K 455 50
Jenna , a 24 year old girl has no choice but fight her way through life, after an abusive family kicked her out when she was only 12, she was forced...
1.2K 55 9
"Seems to me like things are finally starting to fall together. At least for guys like us, living like this, surviving. We've been doing this from th...