Chaotic Marriage (Vol I)

By DuskyGurl

Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had... More

Chaotic Marriage
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Author's Note (Important ⚠︎⚠︎)
Author note 2

Chapter 26

4K 291 77
By DuskyGurl

Very long chapter ahead
Enjoy reading ^_~

Sitara started playing a Bollywood song and shouted, "Let's start," with much enthusiasm. Sitara moved her head and hands along it as the song was playing. It was one of her all-time favorite tunes. Dev grinned at her upbeat demeanor. However, this couldn't be stated of our second couple.

🎶Yeh bhi na jaane
Woh bhi na jaane
Nainon ke rang naina jaane...

Yug maintained a straight posture while paying close attention to the song's phrases. The words and tune didn't ring any bells in his head, despite the fact that his eyes and ears were beginning to waver. That song was unfamiliar to him. Never. Ruhanika was his first source of contact when he needed help, but she also shrugged her shoulders.

Ruhanika remarked, dropping her shoulders, "I don't know this one," her eyes darting in his direction.

...Mila jo sang tera
Udaa patang mera
Hawa mein hoke malang🎶

Ruhanika lifted her hand in surrender after garnering a suspicious glance from Yug, and Sitara abruptly stopped the music. Sitara began with the countdown whilst there was total stillness and her gaze remained on her opponent's team.

"Tick tock 1...tick tock 2...tick tock 3" Sitara had a smug expression on her face as the countdown progressed because she could see her first victory lying in wait for her to catch it.

"...tick tock 4...tick tock 5."

The smug expression she had previously had transformed into a full-fledged smirk, which she directed towards Yug, who returned her stare. What does it matter if he lost the first round? There will be many more. Yug spoke positively to himself.

'Jaise izzat ki to aisi ki taisi to hui hi nahi na, pehla hi round me harne se hmmph!!' His inner self mocked him.
(As if your honor wasn't bruised as you lost the first round itself hmmph.)

It was true though! Izzat ka kachra.😂

Sitara exclaimed out, "Dev." Dev bobbed his head, giving her his undivided attention. He could see the joy in Sitara's eyes as she celebrated the first victory. Sitara did, however, feel bad about her sister being on a team with no players. However, it's alright because it's only a game.
Shrugging the thought.

Sitara leaned over to him with an arrogant expression on her face while her eyes were fixed on Yug and Ruhanika, resting her elbow on his shoulder, "Dekho zaraa haarne wali team kaisi dekhti hai."
(Look how the losing team looks.)

And just few seconds back, who was saying that it was just a game? Typical Sitara.

Sitara laughed, and Dev couldn't stop himself from joining her in her laughing. Yug sat in a stern manner. He felt quite ashamed after this defeat, but there are still plenty of opportunities. Ruhanika slumped back against the seat.

It was now Sitara's chance to make a guess and finish the song. "You shouldn't be concerned, she assured Dev while patting his shoulder. You've got me on your team." Sitara said confidently, her eyes gleaming with glitter as she pointed to herself.

"Over-confidence." Yug murmured and began playing the selected tune. Sitara was too busy to respond. She gave him a glare while concentrating on the song. Ruhanika laughed at the humorous banter and concentrated on the music.

🎶Quien eres tu?Donde has estado?
He removido cielo y tierra y no te encontre...

Sitara's previously smug and content visage twisted into an unpleasant expression as the first lyric sounded. Her eyes became darker, and she clenched her teeth. Dev gave Yug the stink eye, making it apparent that he was aware of his strategy.

"This isn't a Bollywood song. It is in Spanish." Sitara poked, frowning as she first looked at Dev and then at Yug. Yug, who was now lounging around, had a scornful look on his features and his mouth curled into a wry grin as he leaned back and crossed his arms behind his back.

...Y llegas hoyTan de repente
Y das sentido a todami vida con tu querer...

"Oh! No, Bhabhi, dear. It is a classic piece of desi Bollywood music. Simply wait a moment." The stirring melody and Hindi words entered the air just as Yug ended speaking.

...Na main samjha, na main jaana
Jo bhi tumne mujhse kahaa hai Senorita
Magar phir bhi, na jaane kyun
Mujhe sunke, accha laga hai senorita...🎶

"See," Yug said while grinning slightly. Sitara gave him a scathing stare. She hadn't anticipated him to act in this way. She anticipated.

"Fine. Don't go running about weeping and cribbing like a baby to my Di if I were to do something like this. Ok, Baby Shrivastava" Sitara screamed, and Yug's demeanor shifted in response to her remarks. Dev, like Ruhanika, bit his lip to keep from laughing.

It was too amusing to witness them battling like cats and dogs as if they were arch nemeses. If Dev and Ruhanika leave them alone, they will eat each other alive, without leaving a single bone behind.

Sitara certainly had some nerves. Nevertheless, Yug only waved his hand dismissively rather than responding, as his previous action had dented her overly optimistic attitude.

"Oh! your time had already begun, by the way." Yug added that when he began, he raised his large palm in the air and began to roll his fingers down to signify each passing second.

At them, Ruhanika shook her head. Dono kam nahi hai. They were battling as if it were a dispute over land and property, and they swore to strangle each other if one of them gained even an inch. It's so childish. Ruhanika giggled as she shook her head at Sitara's exaggerated behavior, knowing full well that her sister was a drama queen.
(No one is less than other.)

"Tick tock 4...tick tock..." Yug had a smug expression on his face as he began to count down, but before he could pronounce 5, he heard the song's remaining lines being sung.

🎶No desvies la mirada
Quedate cerca de mi...

Yug's eyes expanded as he became alarmed and aghast and he immediately turned to look at Sitara. Dev had a comparable expression of awe on his face as his mouth fell at how beautiful his wife had appeared while singing those lines.

'Charming or seductive?' His subconscious enquired.

"Both." In a dreamy voice, he said a certain thing, but then he sat up straight, snapped out of daze, and looked around, but it seemed no one had heard him. He let out a relieved sigh. But looking at his wife he was again loosing himself again.

Sitara mimicked her sister Ruhanika's smile as she grinned, as well.

Mujhko baahon mein tum ghero
Samjhi na senorita...🎶

At this words, Sitara flicked Dev's nose bringing him back to reality.

"Dekho Dev, jeetne wali team aise hoti." Sitara pointed herself while smugly beaming with pride.
(Look Dev, the winning team would have been like this.)

Dev hummed and his face blushed from his earlier thoughts, so he rubbed her head and tangled her hair in an effort to hide them from onlookers. What will he reply if anyone notices him like that considering they are currently seated in an air-conditioned compartment so why was his face so red? It would be embarrassing. Sitara frowned at his strange conduct and smacked his hand away in annoyance at his gesture.

While the first pair was occupied in their endearing banter, Yug gave Ruhanika an alleging stare. Yug had apparently spotted Ruhanika's grin earlier, which she had passed along to Sitara.

"You knew that she knew the lyrics, didn't you?" Yug interrogated. Ruhanika nodded while maintaining her posture.

"Why didn't you tell me, then?" Yug bit back the question, his eyes filled with accusation and betrayal.

"Did you consent to me before playing the song? No na. So please refrain from asking me pointless questions. And just so you know, I know how to play fairly." Ruhanika sputtered. He shouldn't have blamed her for anything because he was the one who made all the decisions without taking her into account. Yug gritted his teeth in annoyance, and they turned their attention to Sitara and Dev.

"Ok. Dev, you're thinking of a song." Sitara enquired about it. Dev nodded and began playing a song, but not from the beginning; he did so from the middle. Sitara looked impressed at him. He was picking up some of her tactics. Like a proud mother, she gave him a pat on the back. Dev seemed perplexed at her.

🎶Chal woh chowbare dhonde,
jin mein chahat ki boonde
Sach kar de sapno ko sabhi
Hooo..
Aankho ko neeche neeche, mein tere peeche peeche🎶

Ruhanika struggled to remember if she had heard this song because she wanted to contribute to in on the team activity but couldn't recall hearing it. She has a sincere desire to assist her teammate. She turned to face Yug, who was paying close attention to the music. She could tell he was familiar with the song because of the gleam in his eyes.
Sitara paused and waited. They suddenly heard a very appealing voice. It was quite peaceful and calming on the nerves. Everyone's attention was drawn to it.

🎶Chal du jo keh de tu abhi...
Bahron ke chaat ho, dua oon ka haat ho
Padthe rahe yeh gazal
Hoo..ohh

As they gazed at Yug, the sisters appeared to be in complete shock. He didn't look anyone in the eye as he peered out the window, nevertheless, lyrics that were so melodic and lovely that they captivated them and changed the atmosphere to one of serenity rolled easily from his tongue coated in honey.

Sitara's mouth fell in disbelief. Dev chuckled before shutting her mouth. It jolted her into reality.

"He sings so beautifully." Sitara gave praise. Sitara's clashes with people are one thing, but if she enjoys something, she would convey that she appreciates it vocally rather than by zagging her mouth.

Ruhanika was awestruck by his voice, and she regarded him as though she had just witnessed the eighth wonder of the world. She had no idea he could sing so well. Despite the fact that she saw a guitar in his room.

Falak tak chal saath mere
Falak tak chal saath chal🎶

Sitara gazed at her sister, who was speechless. She had a sneaky thought and said, "Di you don't need to stare at him like you're about to devour him now. You own him after all. Therefore, devour him behind the closed door."

As soon as he heard that, Yug immediately stopped singing and his face grew uncomfortable. Ruhanika's face became hot, and a scarlet tint crept up her neck as she looked to the opposite side. She was unable to make eye contact. She was extremely embarrassed, and Sitara was to blame. Ugh, that girl! She moved even further away from Yug. Dev looked sympathetically at them before slapping Sitara on the shoulder for using such coarse language that made the air unbreathable.

He received a frustrated glance from the latter. Without saying another word. Sitara and Dev intently listened to another tune that Yug played.

🎶Main Tera Tu Meri
Tu Meri Main Tera
Tu Meri Heer Sohni
Tu Meri Peer Sohni

Jaan Meri Hai Teri
Dil Tera Hai Mera
Tu Hi Taqdeer Sohni🎶

Dev and Sitara exchanged a glance, and from the glance, it was clear that it wasn't a song. It sounded more like a rap tune or something similar. Yug had the notion that they might not be familiar with the music. But he suppressed his joy as he patiently waited for them. Kyoki kabhi kabhi khushi zahir karne se usse nazar lag jati hai. He remembered this part very well.
(Because sometimes expressing happiness invite evil eyes.)

Dev abruptly snapped his finger and exclaimed, "I know this one."

'Lo, lag gayi nazar humph!' Yug inner self stated.
(Here your happiness drained in sewages.) [Trans. was bit different]

Sitara smiled at him and gave Yug a provocative glance. Yug slouched back in his chair, his joy dissipating into the air. Ruhanika was moved by his distressed demeanor and gave him a shoulder pat. Yug gave her a cold stare.

🎶Tu Meriye, Paagal Jaise
Bas Tumse Pyar Kare

Teri Yeh Ada Janiye
Tujhe Na Pata JaaniyeHai Aisa Nasha JaniyeMere Dil Pe Vaar Kare🎶

When Sitara bounced up and down in her seat in ecstasy at their victory in this round, Dev had been watching her with a gaze locked on her, but she was oblivious of his subtle glances.

As he began to sing the lyrics, a feeling of love quickly grew in the space. Ruhanika observed Dev's gaze on Sitara. Yug observed her happy smile as she grinned. How delighted she was to see them. He began to experience an odd gut feeling.

Sitara embraced Dev and hugged him on the side after he stopped, then quickly moved back to the side while giving her rival a smug grin. Dev wished that hug would have lingered a little longer, but alas!

"You saved us," Sitara murmured in Dev's ear, and as he looked around, he noticed a dazzling smile on her face.

Yug was looking through the music list to find something that could help them win because they were already down one point when Ruhanika gave him a tap on the shoulder.

Sitara played a song yet again.

🎶Chori chori chup ke chup ke
Mai bhee tujh pai marti thee
Shaam savare dilbar jani
Pyar tujhee se karti thee
Sach kehti hun yeh...🎶

As Yug and Ruhanika heard. He sighed contentedly since he had heard this music. Heck! Even his friend coerced him into seeing the film pati-patni aur.... Yeah! Something like that. He had therefore heard this song in that movie.
(Husband, wife and...)

But as soon as he heard the last phrase of the song's lyrics, all of his enthusiasm evaporated. It was the song's original version. Again, the opposing team played him.

"You!!!" Yug glared at her and bellowed. Before he could launch another verbal attack. He could hear Ruhanika singing further lyrics.

🎶Sach kehti hun yeh
Mera dil or kisi ko chahe na
Dekho dekho phas

Gayi main to bulbul
Phaika jo jaal re
Ankhiyon se goli mare
Ladaka kamal reAkhiyon sai goli mare🎶

After Ruhanika finished. Yug wore a neutral expression, but he was actually dancing and bouncing around, doing the disco, but he didn't want to act that way in front of everyone. He had a reputation to uphold, after all, although he did give Sitara a scornful look.

Sitara tsked in his direction and gave Ruhanika a pout before casting an intrigued look her way. Ruhanika politely ignored her and looked at Yug's phone to see what music he was going to play next.

In consolation, Dev patted Sitara on the back.

Yug was not even giving Ruhanika a glance when she turned to speak to him. She touched his arm, but he only raised an eyebrow and continued completing tasks. She tugged on his denim jacket, he leaned towards her, and she muttered something into his ears.

"Are you sure?" he asked, casting her a doubtful glance.

"Tumhari kasam," affirmed Ruhanika, nodding. As she spoke, she pinched the base of her throat, causing Yug's lip to twitch into a small smile.
(I Swear on you,)

Considering how adorable she looked in that stance, her beautiful honey-brown eyes remained focused on him, but he refrained from smiling and kept a stern disposition.

"Haan! Khaao meri jhutti kasam. Taki mai jaldi upar nikal loo." Yug mocked but did as she had instructed and played it. Ruhanika was about to say something, but she restrained herself when she noticed Sitara staring at them suspiciously.
(Yes! Swear on me falsely. So that I can meet the god quickly.)

🎶Saathi re saathi re mar ke bhi tujhko
Chahega dil

tujhe hi bechainiyon mein aayega dil
Saathi re saathi re mar ke bhi tujhko
Chahega dil
tujhe hi bechainiyon mein aayega dil
Mere Kesuo ki saaye mein
Teri raahton ki khushboo hai
Tere begair kya jeena
Mere rom rom mein tu hai
Meri chudiyon ki khaan khan se
Teri sada aati hai
Yeh dooriyan hamesha hi
nazdikiyaan bulati hai
o Piyaaaaaaaaaaaa...🎶

Dev cocked his head to listen. Sitara grinned while listening. She was aware of it. She was prepared to start singing, but the melody wouldn't stop. She waited for a while, but the song kept playing. She turned to face Yug, who had an arrogantly arched brow and a caustic sneer on his lips.

Sitara muttered to Dev, "It doesn't seem like a good sign, Dev," as he stared at her bewilderedly before turning his attention to Yug, who was sitting like a king and seemingly in control of this round. Dev nodded in agreement as he observed his brother's demeanor. When the time was right, Yug paused the song.

Sitara scowled, and Dev remained quite baffled. Because the subsequent lyrics were derivatives (sur) of Indian classical music, neither Sitara nor Dev could sing them. It was tough. No tough couldn't be the appropriate word rather it was impossible to sing ahead.

"You!!!!" Sitara glared angrily at Yug for his immoral behavior during the game. He was obviously manipulating the song to his advantage.

"What I did?" Yug questioned while maintaining his regal position and matching her look.

"You gave us the challenging portion on purpose so we couldn't sing. You cheatercock." Sitara lashed out and was about to throw something at Yug when Dev caught her.

"They tricked us, Dev," Sitara whined like a little girl. Dev gave her a comforting tap on the back.

"Aw!!! Crybaby, don't cry." Yug snorted. Sitara gave a furious scowl. Dev signaled for her to be silent.

"But he-" Sitara continued, but Dev cut her off by stating, "Tum jitna chidhogi vo tumhe utna hi chidayega. Therefore, maintain your composure and be cool. He won't be able to mock you then. Sitara wanted to say something, but she nodded nevertheless because she respected Dev's viewpoint.
(The more you will show reaction, the more he teases you.)

Here, too, Ruhanika chastised Yug for making fun of Sitara, "Tum abhi chup raho. Mujhe tumpar abhi bhi shak hai ki tum kahi saamne wali team se mili hui to nahi na ho."
(You keep quiet now. I still suspect you that you might be secretly in touch with the front team.)

On hearing his justification, Ruhanika winced. She groaned. Can he perhaps tone it down a bit? She looked at Yug as Dev lifted an eyebrow at her. Dev nodded in agreement because he was going through a similar situation. Sometimes younger siblings can act like kids and get into fights. Like children, battling over every little thing.

And in an instant, both teams had earned a score of 1-1, making them equal. The game continued on. The train was moving at full speed as it passed through each stop as it slowly approached its destination. Healthy arguments, some taunting, some yelling, and diverse joys were present throughout the ride.

And after half n hour, they were 2-2.

Sitara and Yug were still enthused by their match, but their spouse was a different story. Dev and Ruhanika made an effort to get them to quit playing right away, but they were determined to see the opponent being a loser. It was Sitara's turn to play music, and a wicked thought entered her mind while she played the tune.

Ruhanika had noticed Sitara's sly grin and suspected her sister was up to something, and she soon realized as Sitara played the music.

🎶Jagi hu, Na soi hu
Khayalon mein tere, khoi hu
Jagi hu, Na soi hu
Khayalon mein tere, khoi hu🎶

It was the song that had recently been released and contained some Arabic verses. She was suddenly aware of the significance of that grin. Dev sighed as well since he could see his wife's face sporting an evil smirk.

Yug stroked his scalp. His long hair loosened and a few strands escaped his chic bun. They were already on an equal footing, and if one of them made a mistake, the other team would win and it would appear that they were going to lose the match.

Sitara was delighted because she knew she had the upper hand and had already made up her mind to boast and make fun of this Baby Shrivastava until he sobbed in front of her. Ha!! She was overjoyed. However, it appears that this joy was fleeting because everyone's trance was disturbed when they heard a song's Arabic lyrics being sung.

🎶Ah goli mata (mata) achoufk ana mata (mata)
ayani chouk (chouk) naro hayja f galbi
Ay, ay, ay, ay
Kindir ana nekhabi obek ana
ali mefdo ana mli biya
Ay, ay, ay, ay🎶

Everyone was star struck, but Sitara was the most shocked. She had huge eyes and a gaping mouth because she didn't know when her sister had started learning Arabic. She was aware that Ruhanika enjoyed learning new languages as a hobby, but he never knew when Ruhanika had accomplished this.

Dev didn't care if he won or lost. He was just mindful of the music because it was wonderful and made his ears pleased. With the music, his head swayed. The fact that he was enjoying Ruhanika's singing is obvious. Along with her sister, Sitara stopped thinking and began singing.

The Arabic verses were sung by Ruhanika and the Hindi section by Sitara. The combative mood gradually gave way to a cheerful one, and everyone enjoyed the journey.

When Ruhanika's eyes met those of Sitara or Dev, she would smile and start singing. Yug was equally astonished. Slowly, he began to notice Ruhanika's new characteristics as the days passed, and he was always taken aback or astonished.

Had she even made that smile at him? 'NO! Why would she? His inner self inquired. What sort of crap are you bringing up, Yug? He chided himself and looked out of the window.

Yug proceeded on the journey while his brain flooded with muddled thoughts.

Pheww!!!😅 So how was the chapter? And I had added the songs you guys had suggested :)

It's the longest chapter thus far. Please tell me, did you like it or not because I was very nervous😥😶 about this chapter. Because writing songs and then expressing their (characters) reactions and action. It was very difficult for me as a new writer.

So please vote. Don't forgot to comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479K 30.1K 40
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...
48K 1.7K 12
#𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤-𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✧ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ✧ It's story of Anshumaan ♡ Krisha 𝗞𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗚𝗼𝗲𝗻𝗸𝗮 Krisha...
28.5K 2.8K 11
Maybe sometimes love needs a second chance because it was not ready for the first time 🥀... Ekansh Malohtra a youngest buisness tycoon (28).. A man...
Love Together By Radhi_

General Fiction

838K 46.8K 36
𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 1 𝙤𝙛 #𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 ࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚ "𝐀𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭" is the youngest son of the Rajput...