Woke Up In A New Decade

By Angelodude

Astrid Hoffmann was born in West Germany. It was 1987 and she was helping people get past the wall until the... More

prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty Six

13 0 0
By Angelodude

Tsarevich Alexei Romanov, Evpatoria cottage Mechta (dream) May 16, 1916

assen  (photo above)

Enzo (above)
February 1916
I find Malcolm back in the infirmary quite quickly. Katya told me about his presence and recommended I check on him. He needed immediate leg surgery as his leg was wounded badly. I obviously assisted in the surgery, he is my friend after all and a father to be! It is quite exciting already, her baby bump is barely visible but is there. After we finish the surgery we put him on a bed to rest and then wake up from his surgery.

I haven't told Mila that he is here, I do not wish to put stress on her or the baby she is carrying. I will tell her once he awakes, hopefully before lunch since she is coming by to eat lunch with me, Vanya, Katya, Zander, Cian and Caoimhe. "Romanova 3! They need you!" Cian yelled as he pointed to a nurse signing. I quickly ran to the nurse and chased her, we ran past Tatiana and Malama, which I nearly threw up at.

I join the others as I assist in the surgery, poor man had to get his leg amputated. Mama isn't around much as she stays running Russia while Papa is at the front. Rasputin is around every single second, and Katya likes to avoid him. She said she ran away so she usually wears her headpiece until she can cut her hair. Or until she can change up her hair at least. I enjoy staying around Katya because Rasputin makes me stressed. He scares me so much like I see why Katya ran away. We finish the surgery as I go with Katya to wash my hands. A fellow nurse comes up to us and says to me, "A patient is asking for you." She said. I looked at her confused, "A Patient?" I wondered.

"Cameron." She answered. Malcolm wishes to speak to me? Perhaps he wants me to call Mila over to make sure everything is okay. "I'll be there in a second." I said as I quickly finished washing my hands and changed out of my surgery outfit. I walked over calmly to the room that Malcolm was staying in, he sitting up while drinking some tea. He instantly noticed me, like he was simply just waiting just for me. "Asta." Is all he said. I sat down next to him, "Welcome back Malcolm." I greeted my old friend.

"You are my Angel." He said as he took my hands and kissing them, treasuring them. "My darling Angel Asta." He muttered into them, I quickly pulled my hands away, feeling uncomfortable and uneasy. "How is your leg doing?" I asked, changing the subject. "It is much better now that you are in my presence." He said. "That's wonderful.. have you called Mila?" I asked, his face scrunched. "No."

"Oh, then maybe I should call for her. I mean after all she is pregnant with your child, don't you wish to see your wife?" I ask. "No." He said with an annoyed tone of voice. "Well-" I began but I was cut off by a familiar voice.

"Aslechka." I heard it loud and clear. I turn around to see Igor standing in the door way as I clapped my hands in excitement as I ran over to hug him. "Igor!" I exclaim. Thank goodness he is alright. He is back, which means Papa and Aloysha are too. Cian awkwardly walked away from the door, probably like 'what the fuck?' "What are you doing here?" I pulled back and I looked up to him as he towered over me. Not as tall as Cian though. "Your Papa is back in Petrograd so I came with him." He explained. "Shouldn't you be in the palace then?" I asked teasingly. He gave me a cheeky smile and pinched my cheek, "I had to see my darling Aslechka first." He teased. "I thought I'd stop by to say hello so you wouldn't anticipate seeing me all day, you know you must think clearly during the surgery. I can't disturb your thoughts." He teased as I laughed and blushed slightly.

"Oh and these are my friends. They'll be here from now on." Two people walked in. "Enzo of Savoy, prince of Italy. And Assen, he's the prince of Bulgaria." Igor nodded to them. "So this is the person you have a-" Assen started, looking at Astrid. "A friendship with! Yeah!" Igor quickly cut in. Before anyone could say anything a cough broke their conversation. I completely forgot about Malcolm. "Who's that?" He asked as he turned his head to Igor. He did not say it in a very polite tone at all.

"Oh this is my cousin, Prince Igor Konstantinovich." I introduced him. "Igor, this is Malcolm. He is a friend and a fellow soldier." I explained. Igor nodded. "We're going to find our room." Assen grabbed Enzo's hand and pulled the blond Italian away. Igor politely approached Malcolm and sticks out his hand for a handshake. Malcolm just eyed him and turned to me. "Asta can you get me some tea, I'm not in the best shape right now."

"Of course!" I said, I looked at Igor. "Come on, you can tell me everything while I prepare him some tea. With's Cian's friend's secret recipe, it tastes really good." Igor smiled as he was about to follow me when Malcolm stopped him. "Wait!" Igor and I turned around to look at him, "Prince Igor can stay here, I have heard so much about the man but have never talked to him." Malcolm said with a tone that only Cian can uncover. I looked at Igor, "its alright we can go on a walk when you get home." I looked back at Malcolm who's face was red and he was steaming like a dragon, he looked like he was very VERY annoyed. "I will be right back!" I said as I go to the kitchen.

I did everything and was waiting for the tea when Katya walked in. "Enzo, come." She hissed softly. Enzo stepped forward. "This is Enzo of Italy, my friend. He is a demigod legacy and is aware of your situation. I think.. I think we all should form a group." Katya explained.

"It's a good idea but..." Zander awkwardly began. "We don't have a name yet." Valentina finished.

"Right, we need a name." Caoimhe said. "We are Astrid, Cian, Caoimhe, Zander, Valentina, Katya and Enzo. Should we be The Seven?" Caoimhe suggested.

"No, there's already a group called that." I shook my head. "I got it!" Cian gasped.

"What is it?" We all asked. "The Grocery Gang." He said.

"That's amazing! Now we should get back to work." I said. We all nodded and I finished Malcolm's tea. Cian is great at names to be honest.

I walked back to find Igor gone, "Where did Igor go?" I asked, disappointed. Very disappointed. "Thank you." He said as he took the tea from my hands. I checked my watch trying not to think of Igor, did I upset him? Enzo walked past. "Hey Astrid, do you know where Igor is?" Assen asked as he struggled to follow Enzo. "Sorry." I frowned. They walked past, did i anger Igor? Is that why he left? "You know Mila-" I began but was cut off as Malcolm took my hand. "You must promise me that you will stay away from him." He said as he looked at me dead in the eye. What the hell? What does he mean? I frowned at him, "What..?"

"When you went to get the tea, I spoke to him. Just as I wanted. Look, he doesn't have good intentions with you, he doesn't care for you as I do, he does not love you as much as I do. Asta you must stay away from him." He gripped my hands tighter. I stood there like a statue with my eyes open wide and my mouth open. "Love?" I manage to choke out. Yes Asta! I love you i love you i love you!" I repeated over and over. Like he was some sort of robot malfunctioning. "I realised that marrying Mila was a mistake on my deathbed! I was thinking of you not her! I need you Asta, just you! I can't stand her! I will divorce her as soon as the war is over and we can get married after the war. And have ten kids! Twenty! As much as you want! We can be together forever Asta! Astrid Cameron has a ring to it! Don't you think? Miss Astrid Cameron. I love-"

Me gagging made him stop. I shook the shock off, he still has feelings for me. He still cares for... that stupid bastard! His beautiful wife is pregnant with his own flesh and blood and he loves another woman? What on earth is wrong with this stupid ugly dumb man? "She is pregnant with your child." I said slowly. "I don't care Asta, my love, they mean nothing! I will leave them in a heartbeat for you!" He cried out. Mila has been nothing but nice and this is how he treats the women he married? That he wanted to spend the rest of his life with?

"What on earth is wrong with you?!" I said in disgust as I pulled my hand away, slamming them against the table. "Why would you ever think that I would be with you? After what you were going to do to Mila, abandon her, abandon your unborn child! You are careless! I would never want to be with you! As I told you in Romania, all those years ago. We could have not been together, and how especially I would never marry you! You are so disgusting!" I snapped at him, all the rage bursting. He stared at me frozen like a statue, or if he was caught in the winter Russian weather in summer attire or with no shelter or protection. "And I don't appreciate you controlling who I speak to! Who I interact with! If I want to marry Igor Konstantinovich I will!" I added angrily, I was on a roll.

"Hey Astrid do you want some-" Cian began, saw the scene and pushed Caoimhe out of the room. "Hahah, have fun with your arguing. I'll ask you.. laterrr..." Cian awkwardly walked out the room. I was still boiling in anger but laughed slightly at Cian's awkwardness.

I then walked out the room and chased Cian. "Popcorn chicken? For me! Thanks!" I said as I got the box. I didn't want to see Malcolm's face at all now. I ended up walking into Mila while eating my popcorn chicken. "Asta! I have heard that Malcolm is here!" She said worriedly, panicking. My stomach dropped  and time fell to a stop. I had a bad gut feeling. Time resumed after a while and I stuttered my sentence out. "Do not worry yourself Mia, he is  fine and awake and well." I swallowed my bad gut feeling. "Which room is he in?" She asked as she was now walking on the spot, hopping on the legs. "He is in Room 3." I said as she rushed past me. Leaving me with the popcorn chicken and the basket full of our lunch. I decided to give them some alone time and decided to eat outside in the weather on the wooden bench with a table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 63 12
"I don't know you at all" "Did you take my love away from me?" (Y/N) and Oksana had been best friends since birth. They grew up together as neighbors...
3.4K 139 26
-𝐀 πŒπ€π…πˆπ€ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„- -𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 π…πšπ₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬- [Can be read as stand-alones unless you want to read them al...
2M 78.9K 97
Carina Romanov is a 27 year old business woman. Her Russian parents, Boris and Nadia Romanov, adopted her when she was 5 from an orphanage in New Yo...
17.8K 859 103
Aurora opens her eyes only to feel the agonising pain in her body. That is to be expected when there has been an accident. It's excruciatingly painfu...