Chapter Sixty Five

Photo: my cat.
Another bonus chapter in the pov of Penny

Mid March 1918.

When I woke up from my drunken knock out I was in the pub, I saw Oleg to my right looking tired and dazed. Nobody was to my left. Both Aleksander and Vasily had disappeared from our side. "Oleg, they are gone." I informed him as i cluelessly looked around for them, but it was no hope as they weren't there.

The bar tender looked up to us. "Your friends both left, one of them seemed to be angry at one of you. Oleg is it?" The bartender said. "Oh Oleg! What did you say!" I demanded Oleg.

His hands raised up. "Hey hey hey! I don't know anything! I was drunk." He defended himself, his breath stinking of beer. "Gosh! What beer did you drink?" I asked but there was no reply.

I looked back to see why I hadn't gotten a reply to see Oleg probably passed out from being drunk, he burped in his sleep which scared me but I recovered quickly. I wondered if Vasi was now mad at us because Oleg can be an idiot sometimes! I lifted up Oleg awkwardly and walked outside.

I was met with the crispy cold air and looked around for Vasily. Nope, he must've left a while ago then. I decided to take Oleg home and my boots left prints as I carried him home.

I then dumped him on his bed, stretched and walked back outside, locking his door and sliding the key through the window before the key ended up tumbling on the floor.

I struggled to walk home but when I finally did I took off my boots and uniform and went straight to the shower to have a decent one before working tomorrow.