Chapter Sixty Seven

Picture: my cat again again! She's so cute.
Last bonus chapter in the pov of Maria.

Mid March 1918.

I was thinking of my siblings as I sat lonely at the whitewashed window. I did not have Anastasia yelling at me and telling jokes. I did not have Caoimhe beating me in games. I did not have Astrid showing me her paintings. I did not have Tatiana scolding me. I didn't have Olga pulling funny faces as Tatiana scolded me. I didn't have Cian smoking.

I had none of that, all those things were in the past and a lot of soldiers yell at Mama and Papa for manipulating Cian and Caoimhe into being brainless freaks as they say. They have to 'clean' their brains out. I do not like them, they have been awful to my family!

You'd think after many months of captivity they'd treat us the same but no! They treat us horribly like we are stupid! Which we are not! We are better beings than them!

I was now writing to my little brother Aloysha. "It is difficult to write anything pleasant, because there is very little of it here to report. But on the other hand, God does not abandon us, the sun shines, and the birds sing. This morning we heard the church bells, that was the only pleasant and agreeable event. My dear, how I would love to see you. I hope you feel better quickly and start running around again. I hold you very tightly in my arms, my dear little brother may Christ protect you.
Your Mashka." I wrote to him.

I wrote to my siblings as well. "We miss the quiet and peaceful life in Tobolsk. Here we have unpleasant surprises almost daily. Just now the members of regional committee were here and asked each of us how much money we had with us we had to sign off on it. Who would have thought that after 14 months of captivity they would treat us  this way? I write to you in semi-darkness as we do not have any light because the windows have been whitewashed. The white color is very unpleasant. It is, above all, bad for Mama because she suffers constantly from headaches." I finished the letters off.

My head went to think of my old life before all of this. It was nice and I wish I could return to it. Igor would stick around Tatiana and they'd kiss and kiss and kiss! I wonder if they are still doing that or if the mood has died down since we have been separated from each other.