Chapter Sixty

Yay sixty!
Photo: Grand duchess Anastasia & Olga Nikolaevna Romanov, ca 1917.
Back to main pov

October 1917
And just like that, a few months passed by. Basically a lifetime has happened, Tatiana and Igor had a small ceremony, Alexander of Yugoslavia went to the next sister, Olga, and asked for her hand in marriage, but she said no. The whole of February I was preparing for what I was going to do for the revolution. Cian and Caoimhe left with Katya, we had decided she would stay with us as she is not royal. Papa abdicated in March, we were all put under house arrest but were planning to send Vanya, Zander, Enzo and Assen home. Life was very different from then, with a new government too! I eventually told Olga the details of the execution, she was in utter shock but I reassured her that she would not die.

Currently it's the middle of the night, all the guards are not in yet so it's the perfect chance, a lantern held up and it was Katya. I quickly snuck out of bed, Olga following suit. She takes out the rope she made and threw it down, it was caught by Cian who held onto it. I slung my back over my shoulders as I got ready to climb down. I realised how different they all looked, Valentina had shaved her hair, probably to fit it. Caoimhe too. Cian looked normal but very different. I climbed down. "Good luck you guys." Olga said. "Don't forget about us!" She added with panic. "No worries, Olya. We'll come back. You'll see us soon." Caoimhe said. I blew Olga a kiss and I felt my arm being held. Valentina, Zander and Enzo came over. "Come back for us!" They whispered.

"We will!" We all said. As we then ran into the darkness. My legs going as fast as they could as I was being dragged. And soon, the house was in the distance.

***
We got into the centre of town and I took my wig off. The day before, I shaved my hair to make my appearance more manly. Cian was casually smoking weed with a hood up, Jesus he looks like a drug dealer! I am glad I saved up rubbles so I didn't cost Cian a fortune, Cian finished and I put my wig back on. I checked myself in a very poor inn and thank god Cian was there, and thank gosh there was no creepy men there. I ran there with Cian and Caoimhe with Katya. Katya threw me clothes as Cian went to the bathroom and Caoimhe threw my wig in the trash.

I wore the close Katya gave me, typical clothes of a man. My hair was fixed ish and Cian came out the toilet. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I nearly fit the part, with some dirt from a pipe, I smeared some across my face. Just to give it that normal causal peasant look. Cian made my shaved hair more messy, just to fit the part even more! I looked into the mirror and saw a man staring back at me.

Our plan so far was a success! Back in August, we sent out letters to extended family telling them to flee Russia as it is dangerous. For the extra effect we begged Cian to do his mimic of Papa's signature at the bottom. He ended up doing it and they all left, which was good! Now the only ones stuck in Russia is my family and Igor.

We fell asleep and I automatically woke up at 7. Cian and Caoimhe were awake and Katya was woken up by me. I walked with Kat, Ci and Cao into the streets and we were greeted with Bolshevik propaganda. Cian had his hood up and looked away. I saw an area of men lined up and I walked up to see what it is. Cian and Caoimhe stayed while Katya when with me.

I stand behind the last person in the line, "Excuse me sir, what is this line for?" I asked politely. I looked at Cian who was smoking. The man in front of me ignored me but he seemed to be with another man, he looked to me and smiled with sympathy. "This is the line for joining the new governments army." He explained to me.

"The Bolsheviks?" I asked just to make sure. "What do you think?" The man snapped at me. Katya nearly punched him in the face. "I apologise for him, I am Penny." The other nice man introduced himself. I shook his hand, "Nice to meet you." I smiled. Katya shook Penny's hand. "I'm Aleksander." Katya said. "Nice to meet you Aleksander, this here is my friend, Oleg." He introduced the rude man. "What's your name?" Penny asked me, which caught me off guard. Different names ran through my hand as I settled down. "Vasily. My name is Vasily." I said.

"Well, nice to meet you Vasily. You seem nice, I hope we get stationed in the same place together. Nice to meet you too Aleksander, I wish the same." Penny smiled. He is nice but is becoming a Bolshevik. He must hate my family
A lot. I must refrain from getting close with them. "I hope so as well." Katya said and the line moved forwards. As we stood in line Penny told me about his family and how he got here. He is close with Oleg the grumpy as they are childhood best friends.

We got to the front of the line. Katya gave the man something and he nodded. "Papers?" He asked me. My heart quickens. "Papers?" I repeated, thinking myself as stupid. Of course they wanted papers!! Have I forgotten wha the real world is like, is my old memory slowly fading? Why did I want to name Mila's children Margaret and Heinrich?? I don't remember my old family or who was in it! "I don't have any because umm I come from the peasant lands." I managed to lie.

The man gave me an exaggerated sigh as he hands me papers to fill. Once I put my fake information in and I get an ID. I was soon show to a different room with Katya. Cian was outside with Caoimhe. We get more identification papers and we get walked to a room with uniforms. We pledge our loyalty to the party and get our official badges. The main headquarters are in a small building. I go to the room with my fellow comrades and get assigned a duty, which is guarding the streets for now.

Cian casually stole someone's gun and ran off, being chased by the person before the person came back looking very beaten up with no gun and a broken nose. I had to hold in my laughter when Caoimhe tripped him up and he went flying onto the pavement floor. He yelled in pain as Caoimhe ran off after Cian.

Now, we need to infiltrate. We all need to be assigned to guard my family. Cian and Caoimhe could easily get it but me and Katya have to work harder. We have to prove ourselves, I suppose. The day is soon over and I walked to the rented room that Cian rented. I walked into our room and Cian was paler than usual and was frozen. Caoimhe looked like she had fainted because she was leaning against the counter. I walked over with Katya to sew what they were shocked about. Cian unfroze and threw the newspaper in my face.

I struggled to catch it but when I saw the headline I felt my jaw drop to the floor as I saw the front cover. There was a loud thud as Katya fell backwards and crashed against the floor and fainted. I re read the title over and over just in case my eyes were playing tricks on me, but it was true.

"Secret Daughter Of Tsar Nicholas, The Bloody, Revealed."

I scanned through the paper, dropping the apple i was eating.

***
October 18, 1918.
Throughout his reign, the ex Tsar Nicholas had a very bloody reign. With many deaths and many famines, he had 4 known daughters. But recently, after the peace treaty between Germany and Soviet Russia, the Emperor has recently talked out about the secret daughter of his cousin. He kept his daughter a secret, stating she was the child of the ex Grand Duchess Ella and Sergei. Her name, Grand Duchess Astrid. But could she be the secret love child of the dreadful Alexandra and the dead Monk Grigori Rasputin? Was this a result of an affair of the German bitch? Why was this daughter kept a secret?

Was it to hide the affair of the German bitch? Or was it an attempt to keep his reputation in Soviet Russia. Could this child have saved the family? There are no confirmations from the Emperor nor the Grand Duke of Hesse Darmstadt. Was this the result of an affair as the witness states? Find out next week when we are expected to get a reply.

***

Anger was now boiling in me, they met Rasputin way after Alexei was born, how stupid can these morons be? How brainless are these people? In a rage, i ripped it up and crumbled it up and threw it across the room. Dumbass Bitches that are fatherless and fucking stupid only causing gossip. It makes me so mad I want to scream.

Cian ended up shooting the wall with the gun he stole. I tried to calm myself down as Katya was put on her bed, same with Caoimhe as I laid on my bed.

I try to calm myself down slowly. I felt exhausted, it will be alright. I will save them. It will be okay. We will escape and be far away from these horrible people. My eyes grew tired and drooped and I shut them. And I slowly dozed off to the smell of weed and the tapping of an agitated Cian's leg as he thought deeply.