Chaotic Marriage (Vol I)

By DuskyGurl

Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had... More

Chaotic Marriage
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Author's Note (Important ⚠︎⚠︎)
Author note 2

Chapter 23

3.6K 279 24
By DuskyGurl

"Dev ji, aap bhi??"
(You?)

Ruhanika questioned as she fixed her gaze on the person who was gasping for air, in front of her.

"Jee." Dev's head bobbed. "Did you hear what happened? Why was Tara's ask so urgent?" He pondered.
(Yes.)

"Did she also call you?" Ruhanika fretfully enquired. Dev sighed and shook his head in disapproval.

"Muskan called me and said Tara was freaking out, then she cut the call off." Ruhanika made an o expression.

"Pataa nahi. Mai bhi issi liye bhaagi-bhaagi aai hu." Ruhanika explained as she wiped away the perceptual beads from her forehead with a saree's loose end. The sweat continued to trickle down onto her skin.
(I don't know. That's why I also came running.)

When Ruhanika arrived at the locality's entry point, the auto-rickshaw stopped moving, so she rushed towards the Shrivastava residence, where she encountered Dev in the garage, who had just parked his bike there.

So, she had the idea to ask him if he knew anything, but it turned out he was just as clueless as she was.

He uttered, "Chaliye." With a nod, she added, "Jaldi chaliye." and walked behind him. Their movements were quick as they traversed the living room and made their way up the stairs before being stopped by a harsh voice that resounded in the room and stopped them in their tracks.
(Let's go.)
(Yes.)

"Dev!!" Bhavna yelled as she exited from her room, with an authoritative expression on her face.

Dev cautiously turned around and cast a quick peek towards Bhavna's direction. Ruhanika wanted to get away from the situation, but she could feel Bhavna's eyes on her as well. As a result, she came to a halt alongside Dev. She didn't want to leave there disrespecting Bhavna because that would start a new dispute in the house, which she didn't want to handle right now because she was already concerned about Sitara's call.

"Good evening, Bua." Dev gave a nod.

Bhavna scoffed as she gazed, "Abhi dopahar hai. Aaj tum jaldi aa gaye iska matlab ye nahi hai ki aaj shaam jaldi ho gayi." Dev softly nodded while standing as bit his tongue on his mistake. Even though he was concerned for Sitara, he couldn't break off the conversation in the middle. He was looking at Bhavna briefly before returning to the upstairs.
(It's afternoon. Just because you came early today doesn't mean it's early in the evening.)

"Tumhari Biwi ne bulaya isliye jaldi aayaa na tu!?" Bhavna asked with exasperation lacing her tone.
(Your wife called, so you came early, didn't you?)

Dev remained silent and made no comments. Bhavna mocked, "Ek dam apni biwi ka gulam banta jaa rahaa hai," after noticing his quietness. She commented, but Ruhanika heard her because she was standing close to Bhavna, and she turned to look at Dev, who didn't seem to hear her.
(He is becoming a slave to his wife.)

When Bhavna's gaze met Ruhanika's, the latter bowed her head slightly in respect, but Bhavna ignored her and proceeded to the kitchen. Dev sighed and turned to head up the stairs. Ruhanika followed suit, but they were once more stopped by Bhavna's voice.

"Apni biwi ko jaraa samjha diya karo Dev. Khud to vo koi kaam karti nahi hai. Islie vo dophara me aram to karti nahi hai aur na hi hame karne deti hai. Pataa nahi kya kab se shor machaye jaa rahi hai." Bhavna remarked sarcastically, and it was the final straw because Ruhanika, who was standing behind Dev, ran without looking back.
(Dev give some piece of mind to your wife. She is free all day doesn't mean that other people are free as well. Old people like us need to rest in afternoon. God knows why she shouting all afternoon.)

"Jee, Bua. Mai samjha dunga unhe. Ab aap bhi jaa kar araam kar le." Dev uttered polity and trailed behind Ruhanika, who was no longer in view.
(Yes, aunt. I will explain it to her. Now you also go and rest.)

"Jee Bua." After they went, Bhavna exclaimed, "Unhe!!?" with a sneer. As she entered her room, Bhavna scoffed.

(Yes aunt.)
(her)

***

"Tara!!"

Ruhanika yelled as she drew near Sitara who was seated on the Dev's study chair with Muskan who was consoling her. Sitara appeared to be a complete wreck. Her hair was messy, every time she ran her hand on her hair and her clothes didn't match the fashion trend she was wearing. It was an absolute disaster.

Ruhanika noticed something was amiss as she looked at her. Dropping her purse on the floor she immediately approached her wanting to collect her in her soft embrace.

"Di!!!" Upon spotting Ruhanika, Sitara yelled as well and charged toward the girl.

Although Ruhanika wanted to question Sitara about everything, she chose to keep quiet and comforted her by patting her on the back instead. Dev had already entered the room at that point. His gaze surveyed the area before settling on the Verma sisters in a bear hug.

Dev gave Muskan a sidelong glance, but she only shrugged her shoulders and sighed. Sitara shouted from her room, and Muskan, who had just returned from college, strutted toward her room to know what happened but her Bhabhi was tight-lipped.

After breaking the hug, Ruhanika calmed her down and addressed the question that was on everyone's lips. "What transpired? Why did you call so suddenly?"

Ruhanika questioned while tucking her unruly hair behind her ears. Sitara mumbled as she cast a nervous glance at her Di.

"Di, my result has come on board."

Dev sagged. Muskan sat on the study chair, shaking her head theatrically at her overdramatic Sitara Bhabhi. Oh, my God. So that was the explanation, and she hadn't spoken for the previous 30 minutes. Huff!! Muskan reflected.

"Then why the need for fear? You did well on your exam, I know." Ruhanika gave her head a gentle stroke. Even Dev nodded. He had faith in his wife. He had observed Sitara reading those large, heavy law volumes for the previous week. He had a strong belief in her hard work. She most definitely would have aced the test.

"I-I..." Ruhanika encouraged her with a nod. "I-I failed the test,"

Before Muskan's hand-dropped phone, there was a pin-drop quiet that permeated the room. When Dev and Ruhanika recovered from their fright, their lips were sealed. They were unsure about what to do.

"Come again."

"Di, I-I..."

Ruhanika wanted to question her as any other guardian would, but after observing Sitara's state, she opted against it. She then took a long breath in an effort to control the impending enmity she was holding within of her.

"It's ok. You have my support."

"B-but Di. Lis-" Ruhanika interjected in the middle of a sentence.

"You're going back to college again."

Stated Ruhanika solemnly. Despite the gravity of the moment, Muskan cracked a smile as she observed her brother. He had his accusatory eyes on Ruhanika. Why was Ruhanika stealing his thunder when he was supposed to be saying such things to his wife? After analyzing his face, Muskan spoke.

"Ruh Bhabhi, don't you think you're stealing my brother's position and spotlight by saying those words and pampering Sitara Bhabhi?"

Ruhanika gave Dev a puzzled expression as she cast glances his way, and Sitara followed suit with a barely audible "Dev??"

Ruhanika bites her smile as she prods her tongue into her cheek. "Yeah. I apologize, Dev ji."

Dev nodded before getting up. Finally relieved that the time had come, he ran to soothe and embrace his wife, but Sitara's shrill gaze stopped him in his tracks.

"What are you doing here?"

Muskan laughed again, and this time Ruhanika joined in, covering her mouth with her hands. Her sister may be so dim at times. Uff!!! Tara.

It soured Dev's frame of mind as he stood silently in his place. Being ignored by his own wife in front of his sister and her sister made him feel humiliated. He immediately desired to be sucked up by the earth, by God.

"Fine. I'm returning to the office."

Dev replied while maintaining a grim expression as he picked up his work bag. When she realized her error, Sitara quickly grabbed his arm while murmuring a little apology for only them to hear.

"Bhabhi, apparently you forgot to call my brother in trouble so I called him," Muskan said as he rose up and strolled over to her.

Sitara's quandary was resolved. Muskan had never seen Dev throw a tantrum before, so she stepped forward to assist her brother. How could she abandon her brother, who was disregarded by his own wife? She felt sympathy for him.

"Di, regarding my result. I-"

"It's alright, Tara," Dev spoke, but Sitara abruptly shook her head. "Listen to me first,"

Ruhanika responded, "Yes." While Muskan left the room, Dev also gave her his undivided attention.

"I wanted to mention that I believe I failed my exam. However, I still haven't seen my results since I'm frantic and worried." Sitara spoke anxiously as she observed Ruhanika, who was sitting stupefied in her seat. Dev was astounded as well. He sighed while rubbing his beard's chin and turning to face his diminutive wife. Oh, my God. What gifts did you give him in his wife's name? Exactly what the hell was his wife?

In order to settle her nerves, Ruhanika inhaled deeply. Sitara was aware of Ruhanika's expression. She knew, ab uski shaamat aane wali hai. She tried to say, "D-Di, please lis-"
(She realized she was going to be dead meat now.)

"Ruko tum, tumko to mai abhi batati hu." Ruhanika exclaimed harshly, grabbing the loose end of her saree and fastening it to her waist before sprinting to catch Sitara, who ran around the room screaming at the top of her lungs like a baby duckling flapping her wings.
(Wait. You Just wait now.)

"Sharam nahi aayi tumhe, jab tumne mujhe call kiya during my working hours. Aree mere school ke bachhe bhi tumse samajhdar hai. Idhar aao tum." Sitara used the sofa as a cover from her sister, who was trailing behind her holding a ruler. Evidently, she took it from Dev's desk. Dev sighed as he observed the sisters, grinning slightly at the situation that was playing out in front of him. His once brave wife was now acting like a mouse in front of her sister. He was unable to hold a chuckle.
(Aren't you ashamed when you called me-)
(even the kids at my school are smarter than you. Come here.)

"Bina matlab ke phone kar ke daraa diya aur bechare Dev ji. Ye bhi apna kaam chhod kar aagye." Ruhanika spoke while casting a sidelong glance at Dev before glaring at Sitara once more. "Galti meri hi hai. Maine unko bataya hi nahi ki meri behan ko kabhi kabhi pagalpan ke dohare bhi padte hai." Ruhanika's comments caused Sitara to pause their pursuit and give her bombastic gaze. She gasped in horror as she noticed Dev stifling his chuckle behind his fingers.
(You called us meaninglessly here and poor Dev. He also left their work and came.)
(It's my fault. I didn't tell him that my sister sometimes turns mad and crazy.)

"Di!!!!!!! I have a image to maintain."

"Haa." Ruhanika laughed mockingly. "Idhar aa image ki bachhi ,abhi tujhe batati hu mai. Pareshan karke rah diya hai iss ladki ne." Ruhanika scurried after Sitara who leaped off the couch and fled toward Dev, who was the only person who could protect her from her "teacher," Di, who was trailing behind her holding a ruler. Looking at how angry her sister was at her, it appeared that this was her last day on Earth because she was dead meat if Ruhanika caught her.
(Yes.)
(Come here you sleazy girl. You are nothing but a troublemaker.)

"Dev ji, aap hatiye." Ruhanika told Dev. And Sitara shook her head negatively, speaking close to his ears, "Hatna mat Dev. Varna aaj Di ne meri jaan hi le leni hai. Phir to admari biwi kar kya karoge. Isliye hatna mat."
(Stand aside.)
(Dev, don't move. Otherwise Di is going to take my life today. Then what will you do with half-dead wife. So don't move.)

"Dev ji." Ruhanika stroked the ruler over her hand before sternly addressing Dev, who had been shoved up between the sisters by his wife. Conflict was never his cup of tea. He was an advocate of calm and truce. In addition, Ruhanika's teacher form was truly quite frightful.

When Sitara noticed someone passing past their door, she exclaimed loudly, "Hey! Baby Shrivastava. Apni biwi ko lekar jaao yaha se. Isse phle ki inhe mere khun ke jurm me sazaa ho jaye." Sitara said in scared tone. She was too afraid of her sister in such circumstances.
(Take your wife away from here. Before she get punished for the crime of my murder.)

When Yug entered the house after being laid off from his work as well, he could hear the ruckus. He did anticipate that the Verma sisters would be responsible for the turmoil, but he did not anticipate that Ruhanika would be responsible for it all alone this time. It was unusual because he had witnessed her fleeing every battle scene silently.

When he noticed her appearance, he laughed. Her modest, simplistic saree was loosely tucked in her saree's waistband, and her loose hair was slipping free from her bun. With the ruler in her hand, she effectively presented the instructor at the school where he had previously studied-a strict one at that.

Ruhanika returned her gaze to Yug, and then to Sitara, "Tum usse kya bula rahi ho. Tumhe to mai abhi theek karti hu. Itne dino se daantt nahi lagayi hai na ye ussi ka asar hai. Ruko tum." Ruhanika glared and attempted to strike her with a ruler, but Sitara was hiding behind Dev and blocked the blow, landing on him instead. The striking sound echoed throughout the room. The blow was so severe that Dev's face twisted in pain.
(Why are you calling him? I will fix you right now. I haven't scolded you for so many days, this is the effect of it. Wait, you.)

Sitara flinched and closed her eyes in response to the blow. When some children complained about how strict Ruhanika was, it wasn't a joke, but Sitara thought it was. But now that she saw how terrible it was, she felt bad for those children.

"Please step aside, Dev Ji, or else you'll get hit in her place." Ruhanika said sternly.

Dev attempted to move forward, but Sitara grabbed hold of his shirt and muttered "no," stopping him.

"Baby Shrivastava tum khade-khade kya dekh rahe ho. Kya yaha koi tamasha chal raha hai. Le jaao Di ko yaha se. Dev bolo na apne bhai ko." Sitara begged Dev in a tearful voice. Yug, who shrugged his shoulders and stood resting on the door frame, caught Dev's attention as well. He was having fun watching the drama.
(Baby Srivastava, what are you looking at while standing there? Is there a drama going on here? Take Di away from here. Dev, tell your brother.)

"As far as I know, nobody here goes by the name of Baby Shrivastava." Yug prodded while beaming triumphantly. Now was the time to exact retribution because Sitara had always called him Baby Shrivastava, clearly knowing how much it irritated him and how much he detested the moniker given to him by his Bhabhi. However, other than glaring at her, he was powerless to act because one look from Dev made him listen to everything silently. He had the utmost respect for his brother.

But now that he has the chance, he won't pass it up without an uphill battle. He intended to use it to the fullest. Sitara gave him a disdainful look since she understood the meaning behind his remarks. She complied in order to save her neck, but only temporarily. What made him believe he could defeat Sitara Verma/Shrivastava? Hell no!

"Fine. Yug," Sitara said. "Take her away, please." Looking at Ruhanika, whose glare was growing more and more lethal, Sitara beseeched him.

Yug entered the room smiling and puffing chest and proud look on his face. He was met with Ruhanika's cold gaze as he turned his feet in a different direction and he left the room. Looks like he retained his thoughts about that day's slap. "How dare he cheat on me?" Sitara growled as she gaped at him.

Dev said, "Ruhanika ji, I will definitely punish her," as he turned to face Ruhanika. "You should go relax, as you arrived in a hurry, and it's now evening. Please excuse us." Dev stated in a commanding tone. Prior to consenting, Ruhanika gave him a dubious glare.

"Don't gently punish her," Dev nodded in agreement. All the time, Sitara was giving Dev an intense stare, but sadly, Dev failed to glance behind him to catch his wife's response or the look she was giving him.

Ruhanika slammed the ruler against the desk, untucked the saree, grabbed her purse, and left the room. But not before giving Sitara another glare as she cowered in terror behind Dev's back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Love Together By Radhi_

General Fiction

834K 46.7K 36
𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 1 𝙤𝙛 #𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 ࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚ "𝐀𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭" is the youngest son of the Rajput...
84.8K 3.5K 78
Top hash tags #1 - fictional character #3- Sizzling #3- celebrity #3- fictional characters #4- couple Dear Readers, Before you embark on the journey...
248K 11.7K 36
His aura dominated the surroundings charging it with electricity. The taut muscles, the broad shoulders,along with the dangerous stance screamed cont...
1.3M 96.5K 80
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...