Three Promises || Lee Know

By BlackLily_17

She was a girl with a lot of secrets. He was a boy who wanted to figure out what she was hiding. *** Choi Is... More

Author's Note
Characters Introduction
1 | New Friends
2 | Love At First Sight?
3 | Painting Buddies
4 | Just Shut Up, Squirrel Brain
5 | Is Someone Jealous?
6 | This Is Jureumi
7 | I Thought We Were Friends
8 | Iseul's Story
9 | Lies
10 | Truth and Dare
11 | Thief
12 | Daddy Privilege
13 | Truth
14 | Part Time Jobs
15 | Kidnapped
16 | Women Are Scary Creatures
18 | Desperate For Gossip
19 | Sleeping Beauty
20 | Voices
21 | Sweet Moments
22 | Don't Run Away
23 | Like White Flowers
24 | Transfer Student
25 | Heartbreak
26 | Forgotten
27 | Fallen Apart
28 | Never Me
29 | Arcade
30 | Home
31 | Runs in the Family

17 | Upcoming Storm

419 47 105
By BlackLily_17

A/N: A note to my dearest, sweetest silent readers. I know you guys are there, and if you've come as far as opening and reading my works, might as well leave a vote? This is a free platform and it's not like I'm asking you to pay or anything, just asking to click on that cute little orange star.

Your votes really keep a writer motivated, and it even helps with the algorithm so that more people find this book. Call me shameless for asking for votes, I don't care. I'm working hard for this book and the least you can do to support me is vote; not even comment. I hope you guys understand

***

Choi Iseul

"Good evening ma'am," I said, bowing deeply. I had a feeling that I had seen her somewhere before, but I decided to shrug it off.

"We saw your requirement for new employees. We wanted to apply for a job." Minho butted in.

"Hey! I can talk." I whisper-scolded him.

The woman frowned for a moment, looking at Minho, who was standing behind me in confusion.

I felt Minho vigorously nod his head from behind me.

"What are you doing?" I whisper-scolded him again. But as I turned to look at him, he had a wide smile, with his eyes wide open. It was as if someone had slammed that expression on his face.

"Ah, you wanted to apply for a job as a waitress?" The woman asked.

"Yes, that's right!" Said Minho. I mentally grimaced. What was wrong with him today?

"Alright." Said the woman.

"Huh?"

"You're accepted." She said, as if it was the most casual thing in the world.

"Just like that?" I questioned.

"Just like that."

I looked at Minho in excitement. He was smiling at me, mouthing a little congratulations.

"Here. Sign these papers when you've read them." The manager said and left us alone.

As I was going through the papers, my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets for the second time that day.

"20,000 Won an hour?" I almost screamed.

"Is there something wrong with it?" Minho asked, looking confused.

"No... It's just, almost three times of what I'm currently paid." I said, trying to hold back my excitement.

I quickly signed the papers without any further thoughts and informed the manager on our way out.

She turned out to be a really kind lady in the end.

"Oh wait. I didn't catch your name." She said.

"It's Choi Iseul!" I told her. "Thank you so much!" I bowed deeply.

"Choi Iseul, huh?" She muttered.

"Alright, let's go Iseul!" Said Minho before we could talk further, immediately pulling me by arm.

But I guess we weren't getting out of that restaurant that quickly.

"So, will you be working here now?" The waitress who served us before came in our way.

"Yeah. I'm starting tomorrow." I told her, passing her a smile. She stared at me for a while, but then immediately broke into a wide grin.

"I'm Lee Minji! I hope we get along!" She said brightly.

And when she smiled, I realised that she was actually younger than me.

"It's getting late, isn't it?" Said Minho, looking at the time on his phone. "Let's leave."

"For someone who was so adamant on coming here, you sure are in a hurry to leave." I said, looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, we have no business here now." He said.

"You're weird." I muttered.

"But you don't hate that." He said, bumping his shoulder next to me.

Just then, I suddenly realised something.

"Oh shit- we didn't pay the bill!" I said, panicking.

"Huh? Oh. The bill?" He asked, looking unfazed.

"Yes, the bill! How did they not ask us to pay? Let's go back and-"

"I paid already." He said, stopping me from going back. "Now just relax and go home."

"You did? Why? I told you dinner would be on me! And when did you even pay it? You were with me the whole time!"

"Calm down, will you?" Minho said, a laugh escaping his lips. "Don't worry about that."

I pouted, crossing my arms and refused to talk to him.

"Sulk for all you want, but you can't deny that you had fun with me." Said Minho.

Well... I couldn't deny that.

"But it's nothing new for you." I muttered, not even realising what I was saying.

"Huh? What do you mean?" He asked, looking confused.

But at that moment, we arrived at my place and I got an excuse to leave.

"Nothing! See you tomorrow!" I said, basically running towards my room in embarrassment.

You were hanging out with Yuna the other day too.

The words were about to slip from my tongue if I stayed with him for just a little longer.

"Bye I guess?" I heard Minho's confused voice from behind me.

As I plopped on my bed, my phone buzzed with notification.

Minho

Maybe you're a little weird too
But I like that
We can be weird together now

Me

That doesn't make any sense but okay

Minho

Goodnight, weird girl
See you tomorrow

Me

Goodnight, weird guy
And thanks for today.

With a smile on my face, I got ready to sleep.

***

The next day, Minho told Eunseol about what happened at the restaurant a few days ago which made her force me to quit the job.

She pestered me until I had to agree eventually. She even got Seungmin and Hyunjin to persuade me.

After that, my life was basically monotonous. The only difference was that my working hours were reduced a lot more since I only had to work for like 4 hours.

But it was only for a short time. With the amount I was earning now, saving up was going to be a lot more easier.

I could finally relax and study for exams which were barely a few days away.

It was weekend, and I was on my shift with Seungmin and Soobin.

"You guys have exams now right?" Soobin asked. "Ah, I remember the good old days of my highschool." He reminisced.

"Shut up, it's barely been an year since you left highschool." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey! An year is a lot. You'll realise that when you're in my shoes." Said Soobin, looking hurt.

"Well, we have plenty of time before that." Seungmin deadpanned.

"You guys are mean," He complained.

"That's only because you're a weak victim." Said Seungmin.

"Seungmin... You sound like you're a murderer." Said Soobin, laughing loudly.

I flinched at the word murderer.

Come on, Iseul.

"I'm gonna go to break room for a second." Said Soobin, leaving me and Seungmin to get bored.

"Iseul?" Seungmin spoke up.

"Hm?"

"Are you free today?" He asked, sounding hesitant.

"Ah, today? I don't really think so." I said, remembering my study date with Eunseol. "Why?"

"Well, I was hoping we could hang out together." He said, shaking his head. "Nevermind."

"We can do that some other time, I'm sure." I said, smiling at him warmly.

He stared at me for a moment but then averted his gaze.

"Yeah. Maybe after exams." He said, sounding glum for some reason.

"Is something the matter?" I asked, which seemed to surprise him.

"Why would you think that?"

"Well, you sounded upset just now." I shrugged.

"Nah, it's nothing." He said, waving me off.

I frowned, but I let him be. For some reason, I felt like he wasn't being himself.

But maybe it was just my imagination.

And again, another uneventful day passed and I grew one more day closer to my deadline.

Both for exams and for paying the rent.

***

Third person

"You're so fucking annoying." The girl said to her father, slamming the car door shut behind her, leaving her father in utter shock.

"I'm sorry, Jiyeon. Nothing was intentional!" Said her father, grabbing her arm desperately.

"Let go, you piece of shit! Why did you have to go bankrupt now of all times? Because of you I have to leave behind my everything!" The girl snarled, her voice full of hate and anger.

"Honey, I didn't go bankrupt on purpose. I promise everything will be fine soon!" Her father said, trying to persuade her.

"Which school was I going to go to again?" She asked, getting bored of her father's pleading.

When her father told her the school name, she felt her blood boil.

"What? No! That's nowhere near my prestigious high school!" She protested.

"Jiyeon, we don't have enough money to pay your expenses anymore-"

"Well, fuck you! And you call yourself my father when you can't even fulfill my basic needs. Hah. What a joke."

She freed her arm harshly from her father's grasp, storming off into the streets of Seoul.

As she was wandering, she felt herself grow even angrier.

Due to her father's bankruptcy, she had to leave all her friends behind. Even her boyfriend.

And now, her father had the audacity to ask her to sell her designer bags and dresses.

She was beyond pissed. She needed to vent out as soon as possible before she drew herself mad.

She needed a pathetic soul to take out her anger on.

Before she realised, she was standing in front of her so called future highschool. She felt pathetic looking at it, wanting nothing more than to go back in her boyfriend's arms.

But as she was about to turn back, something caught her eye.

Or rather, a certain person.

She could recognise that face anywhere, after having seen it every single day in middle school.

How could she forget her favourite toy?

She frowned as she saw her past victim smile and move around happily with a bunch of people.

And handsome guys at that.

Look at her, smiling and laughing as if she was the happiest person in the world, while Jiyeon was feeling angry and her father went bankrupt.

Then she realised she would be going to the same school from next month.

Maybe, things wouldn't be so boring after all. Back in middle school, she had the girl wrapped around her fingers.

And this time would be no different, she was sure.

Choi Iseul. Just you wait. How dare you smile? How dare you make friends? I'll make sure everything goes back to the way it's supposed to be.

I'll make sure that you're a pathetic soul again, unable to speak up.

Such thoughts were going on in Jiyeon's head.

But on the other hand, completely oblivious to the girl's thoughts, stood a carefree Iseul, who thought she was finally happy for the first time in her life.

***

Hehe. Back again! You guys won't believe I literally wrote this thing in 15 minutes. I usually take hours and now I'm surprised at myself.

What are your plans for the weekend?

See you all next week~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 58 17
Chioro is a student at a university in London and she used to say she loved studying but ever since she moved to this new school, it had been anythin...
144K 5K 22
what happens when you suddenly enter into F4 Thailand series ? can you survive there and change the actual story line or will you be stuck in there w...
182K 7.1K 7
❝ don't touch what you can't afford. ❞ wherein she hated him in the beginning, but she soon found out the real him and began to love him. #239 - minh...
1.1M 36.1K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...