Abhira Family (One Shots)

By sakshikhera4581

These are one shots of the Abhira family. Not related to the original story. They are just my imagination for... More

MOTHER'S DAY
Dadu-Pota Day
Brother's Bond
Love Is In The Air💕
Accident (part 1)
ACCIDENT (PART 2)
Buzzed
A Normal Day
MYRA
Happy Father's Day
Memories
Chidkuram
A Family Affair
Family Affairs - II
Family Affairs - III
A Date To Remember
Happy Birthday
Girlfriend?
Crazy in Love
Lag ja Gale
Cravings
Sick Day
Brownies?
Cravings -II
Neglected
Discord-I
Discord-II
Discord-III
Conversation
Attack
Sunday- Fun day
Interview
Honeymoon-I
Honeymoon-II
Lost And Found
Tough Times
Nani House - I
Nani House - II
Nani House - III
Can I Marry Your Daughter?
Picnic
Where Did Babies Come From?
Abhir's Day Out
Allergies
Happy Anniversary
Hamesha And Forever
Abhir Birla -I
Abhir Birla-II
Moments
Abhir Birla- Bonus chapter
Picken Chocks
Differences-i
Differences-ii
Differences-iii
Differences-iv
Differences-v
Anime V/S Disney
Roohdariyan-i
Roohdariyan-ii
Roohdariyan-iii
Roohdariyan-iv
Roohdariyan-v
Roohdariyan-vi
Roohdariyan-viii
Author's Note

Roohdariyan-vii

866 99 92
By sakshikhera4581

"I am sorry, I wish I had some great news, but I don't. It was a malignant tumour and unfortunately, the tumour has spread to the uterus. We had to perform a complete hysterectomy and remove quite a bit of the colon. I took more than I planned but I feel confident that I got it all. She will need Chemotherapy and Radiation but should make a full recovery. I know this is a blow to you all, but again, I feel we got it all", said the doctor.

The word Cancer led the whole family to a tailspin. Abhimanyu never felt like this before. He felt like he was in a tunnel. Abhi's heart is racing at a jet speed. He never felt so helpless in life before.  

Arohi, usually so stoic was inconsolable, Neil was trying to console his wife. Right now they need to be strong for Akshara. "Meri bachi. Hey, Bhagwan apne aisa kyun kiya. Humari bachi ne apka kya bigada tha. Usne aaj tak kabhi kisi ke sath bura nhi kiya phir uske sath aisa kyu ho rha hai", wailed Manjari loudly. Mahima tries to stop her but she is repeating these words again and again.

Suddenly Abhimanyu gets up. It is not the time to cry now. His wife needs him and he cannot waste time crying about the cancer. They need to plan for the further steps to be taken for the well-being of Akshara.

"Dr Mehta in your opinion what are Akshu's chances?  Please tell us what we need to do?" asked Abhi.

"Well the next few months will be very difficult for her and we won't know how she is responding until she completes the treatment. As I said I went way beyond her margins. I feel we go at this aggressively and her chances of survival are excellent. Abhimanyu, I know it's a terrible thing that someone as young and vibrant as Akshara has cancer but with your support and love she will get through this. She is a strong girl. In the operation room, she fought like a warrior and didn't sink even for a second. I am sure she will respond to this treatment perfectly too", the doctor said to the family.

"My Akshu will survive this na", asked Abhimanyu hopefully.

"Yes, Abhimanyu she will survive this", replied the doctor without any hesitation. Abhimanyu hugged the doctor to thank him for saving the life of his Akshu. No correction, saving his life.

"Maa, Arohi aap dono kyu ro rhe ho? Apne suna nhi doctor ne kya kha. The chances of Akshara's survival are excellent. I know ane wala time thoda tough hoga, but my Akshu will be alright ma", said Abhi. 

"Yes ma, bhai bikul sahi keh rhe hai. Aur aap ro mat. Jab bhabhi ne give up nhi kiya toh hum log kyu kr rhe hai. Right now, we have to look for positives only", said Neil. He is trying to make his family understand to look at the positive side, not the negative one. Manjari nodded her head and hugged her son. 

Abhi is sitting beside Akshara's bed waiting for her to wake up. He has his head on his arms which are on the bed. His eyes were closed, he was too exhausted. He hasn't slept properly for days now.

Abhi feels her hands rubbing his hair and he jumps up. "Akshu", whispers Abhi. The pain in his voice floors Akshu. She took his hand and squeezed it tightly like she was trying to tell him everything would be alright.

"I fought hard, Abhi", whispered Akshara. Her voice is so low. If Abhi hadn't sat too close to her, he would have not heard it.

"I know. Thank you for fighting for us Akshu. Thank you for keeping your promise. I love you. I love you so much that it hurts", said Abhi and kissed her forehead lightly. Akshara smiled at him.

After a week Akshu got discharged from the hospital. Abhimanyu kept his promise and came home every day for his kids. He helped them to get ready for the school. Their schoolwork and personal needs were looked after by his sisters-in-law. He is at home with the kids during the night also. The kids missed their mother terribly but they know it is necessary for the health of their mother. Anaira gets cranky sometimes but Abhi handles her with a lot of patience and love, so she understands their situation.

In a month Akshu's chemotherapy has started. It has been the hardest thing for the Birlas to watch her to be so sick and the energy sucked out of her. But Akshara never cried or complained about this. Akshara has been tough as nails over this and it made it easier for the family with her upbeat attitude. The family has taken turns taking Akshara to the Chemotherapy sessions. But the one person who never missed the session is Abhimanyu. 

Abhimanyu Birla was the hero in  Akshu's life before. But now he has attained the status of God in her life. He has been with her at every step. He is like her freaking shadow. Never left her alone. He learnt to cook so many nutritious and tasty meals for his Akshu. The food that is not bland for her taste buds. He even ate that food, to give Akshu company. He has set various alarms on his phone and different devices in the house so that he can give her medications on time. Everything in Akshara's life is planned as per the schedule set by him. Be it for food or for medication.

Abhimanyu didn't shed a single tear when he saw his life withering in pain due to therapy. He put cold compresses on her forehead when she was burning with fever. He didn't bat an eyelash when she vomited on him or on herself. He holds her hand tightly when the doctor is giving her injections. He took her on bike rides wrapped in layers of clothes to change her mood. He arranges mini dates for her in their garden,  terrace and other places of Birla House. He even learned to play the guitar for her. One of the side effects of chemotherapy is shivering. Akshara's hands shiver too much so she can't play the guitar. Abhi learnt it so he could play for his Akshu. She sang as much as her health allowed her. The only time he cried was when Akshu requested something from him.

It was after her second chemotherapy session that Akshara requested her husband to cut her hair. "Abhi can you do something for me", asked Akshara. They have a therapy session the next day and Abhimanyu is packing her reports and some snacks in the bag.

"Haa, Akshu bolo na. Tumhe kuch chahiye", asked Abhi immediately.

"Can you cut my hair", asked Akshara.

"Umm, I don't get it, baby", said Abhi cluelessly.

"I mean to say can you shave my head Abhi", said Akshara. Abhi looked at her dumbfounded. He knew her hairline was receding. He spots her hair on pillows, combs and even on her dresses too. But shaving the head! He never thought about it.

"Why, Akshu?" asked Abhimanyu dumbfoundedly.

"Abhi, my hairline is receding. Roz- Roz inn balon ke girne se acha hai mai ek hi baar baal katwa loo. Aur waise bhi yeh toh ghar ki kheti hai. Mere treatment ke baad phir se aa jayenge. So please can you shave my hair", replied Akshara peppily. She doesn't want to show him how much this is affecting to her.

Abhimanyu didn't know what to do. She is talking about her hair. Hair he loved more than she did. Every morning when he got up with a mane of Akshara's hair on his face, he knew it would be a good day for him. Whenever they make love or have a wild passionate night; these hairs stuck to her face. She never looked more gorgeous to him. They smelled the best in the world. He knew he was sounding pompous but his wife had the best hair in the world. He loved her hair more than his, then how could he cut it? No, he can't do it. He can't.

"I am sorry Akshu, I can't. I can not shave your head. I love your hair so much that I can't think of even touching a single strand of your hair and you are talking about shaving it all. I am sorry I can't do this", said Abhi remorsefully.

"It's okay Abhi. I completely understand. You don't need to be sorry for this", said Akshu. She stood on her tippy toes with the support of his arms and kissed his cheek.

Akshara took Abhi's trimmer and went into the washroom to shave her head. She is looking at a trimmer for the past 10 minutes. Finally, she started the trimmer and tried to shave her head when Abhimanyu stopped her.

Abhimanyu took the trimmer from her hand and turned it off. He draped a towel around her and started shaving her head. Tears were continuously flowing from their eyes when Abhi was shaving her head. After 20 minutes he finally shaved all of her head. The moment he put the trimmer on the shelf, Abhimanyu sank to his knees and started crying hysterically.

His sobs were so loud that they alerted other members of the family. They immediately rushed to Abhira's room. The scene which they are witnessing would forever be etched in their memory.

The Abhimanyu Birla sank on his knees, wrapped around his wife's torso and crying hysterically with her hair all around them. Everyone in the family was f*king mess. There is not a single dry eye in the room. Everyone has the same question in their mind, What is their fault? Why are they facing this? But alas, some questions had no answer just like this one.

"Abhi come on get up. I can't sit anymore, baby", said Akshara. Abhi nodded his head and got up. The family left the couple alone a long back. They lie on the
bed and Akshara sang his favourite song for him to put him to sleep.

Lag Ja Gale Ki Phir Ye Hasin Raat Ho Na Ho

Shaayad Phir Is Janam Men Mulaaqaat Ho Na Ho

Lag Jaa Gale ...

Ham Ko Mili Hain Aaj, Ye Ghadiyaan Nasib Se

Ji Bhar Ke Dekh Lijiye Ham Ko Karib Se

Phir Aap Ke Nasib Men Ye Baat Ho Na Ho

Shaayad Phir Is Janam Men Mulaaqaat Ho Na Ho

Lag Jaa Gale ...

Paas Aaiye Ki Ham Nahin Aaenge Baar-Baar

Baahen Gale Men Daal Ke Ham Ro Le Zaar-Zaar

Aankhon Se Phir Ye Pyaar Ki Barasaat Ho Na Ho

Shaayad Phir Is Janam Men Mulaaqaat Ho Na Ho

Lag Ja Gale Ki Phir Ye Hassin Raat Ho Na Ho

Shaayad Phir Is Janam Men Mulaaqaat Ho Na Ho

Lag Jaa Gale ...

Tears were continuously leaking from their eyes but they have hope in their hearts. 'Hope that this too shall pass'.

TO BE CONTINUED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 1K 9
This book consists of one shot and short story on my beloved couple Abhimaan. Some plots will be taken from serial and some will be my own imaginati...
20.2K 691 8
This comprises of some one-shots about Abhimanyu Birla and Akshara Goenka from the current generation of yeh rishta kya kehlata hai
54.1K 4.6K 49
An angry boy and a bubbly girl. Both of them have been going through some difficult times but their way of tackling the problems is completely differ...