Omega

Por Alenny13

Más

WARNING!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 19

870 20 19
Por Alenny13

The party had been going okay so far.

After their earlier encounter with Riddle, Harry and Draco remained in their spot talking and observing the other party goers. They were approached quite a lot, by old and young alike. Even though, they were obviously intent on talking to Draco, their eyes would also roam towards Harry, after which Draco would immediately dismiss that person, especially if they were an alpha.

Harry found it amusing. Draco was not as discreet as he thought he was being. Nevertheless, he didn't say anything, choosing to lean into Draco's side, giving polite smiles when necessary but for the most part taking joy in watching Draco trying to make small talk with people he clearly despised.

An orchestra Harry hadn't noticed until now, started up their next set. For the most part, they had been playing in low tones the whole night serving as soothing background music to the soft chatter. Now, there were several couples moving to large space in the centre of the hall that served as a dance floor.

It almost seemed like something out of a Hollywood set as they glided and moved gracefully. Harry hummed in appreciation, his eyes transfixed on them.

"They are all great at that." Harry noted.

Draco snorted into his tenth drink of the night, "Of course, as an elite you are expected to know how to dance at least a basic waltz."

Harry rolled his eyes, "And I take it that you know how to ballroom dance."

Draco chuckled,"The waltz, the quickstep, the Viennese waltz, and the foxtrot to name a few. I also learnt the tango when I had a business deal in the Caribbean."

Harry snorted, "Fucking show off."

Draco giggled lightly, "It's something expected of someone of my status," he looked pointedly at the seemingly happy couples dancing away, "Dancing is a form of communication. A lot of marriages have been arranged and broken tonight just by a simple dance. I am not a snob for being culturally aware, Mon ange."

"On the account that I have two left feet and can't dance to save my life, you are very much of a snob." Harry tutted, turning up his nose.

Draco rubbed circles into Harry's hip, "Of course, whatever you say darling."

Just then, they were approached by a woman. Harry would guess she was maybe two to three years older than him. Her dark hair was pulled into an elegant updo. She batted her light coloured eyes at Draco, "Would you care for a dance?"

Although Draco had been getting several glances, none of them had actually approached them until now. Draco was smiling but Harry could tell he was less than pleased. Harry chuckled and tugged the man's arm getting his attention.

"Go on." He teased.

Draco quirked a brow, before he could retort, Harry lightly pushed him towards the woman, "Go on, you don't want to keep the lady waiting."

Draco takes, but nonetheless took the woman's hand. The look he threw Harry as they walked to the dance floor promised retribution but Harry simply giggled and wiggled his fingers in a mocking wave.

He decided he would try the little fruity things the waiters had begun the serving.  He was having a rather pleasant conversation with a female waiter on the canapes on her serving dish. He was interrupted by someone pointedly clearing their throat behind him.

The waiter slinked away and Harry faced the source of the interruption.

She was tall, that was the first thing Harry noticed, she had maybe two or three inches on him without the small heels she was wearing. Her skin was pale in a way that spoke of high heritage. Her hair looked like spun gold and fell in delicate waves around her face and down her back. She was wearing a navy blue dress that shimmered lightly, hugging her delicate curves and cut open at the back. Her silver jewelry was light but clearly expensive.

"Engaging in conversations with the staff?" She asked, her pink painted lips curled in distaste. Harry noted she had a thick accent he couldn't place, but then again, it seemed everyone here had some sort of foreign inflection in their speech.

"Excuse me?" Harry asked, clearly confused.

The woman rolled her icy blue eyes, "Then again they are closer in status to you so they must have been more comfortable to speak to."

Harry sighed and took in a deep breath. Honestly he has been waiting the whole night for someone to make a remark like this so he wasn't all to bothered. He stared the woman down despite her superior height, mimicking the unimpressed look he had seen Draco do.

"And who exactly are you?" He asked.

There was a slight change in her scent of red roses to something sharper. It was only then that Harry noticed that the woman on front of him was an alpha.

"Astoria Greengrass, which you would know if you actually belonged here." Her sharp tone would have bothered him if he hadn't been less than mentally prepared.

Harry did in fact know who the Greengrass' were. Draco had mentioned them in passing when Harry had asked about the elite families. He didn't seem to like them very much, in fact, he clearly loathed the family if his facial expression was anything to go by.

Harry sighed and folded his arms, "Don't you get tired of repeating yourself?"

Astoria narrowed her eyes, then smiled in a way that was cutting, "Shouldn't you be more worried about other things? Like let's say, the alpha you have been hanging off all night taking someone else home?"

Harry took a look at Draco. Despite the fact that his dance partner was clearly trying to rub against him, Draco kept the woman as far away from his body as was politely possible with an absolutely bored look on his face. Harry almost felt bad for the woman.

Harry smiled in fondness, "Don't worry, I don't think that is something I have to be bothered about."

Astoria flared and folded her arms. Harry sighed and rolled his eyes.

'Rich people.' He thought in exasperation.

"Why exactly are you even talking to me anyway." Harry asked finally.

Astoria sniffed, "I just thought I should warn you. You think Malfoy really likes you? Please."

Harry turned to face her, his eyebrows raised, "What do you mean."

Astoria smirked and leaned down towards him, "I mean, it's funny how you think you are special to him... Especially since he probably didn't tell you that we are engaged."

Harry froze. He felt his heart stop. He looked the woman in the eye. She was smug, clearly confident in whatever she said. Harry knew, his gut told him that she wasn't lying.

"What?" He muttered, under his breath.

"Oh he didn't tell you?" Astoria laughed gleefully, her eyes dancing with mirth, "Our parents arranged a marriage contract for us a year ago. He is my fiance."

A year ago.

But Draco hadn't met Harry a year ago.

Did that mean that Draco had been playing with his feelings all this time. The sweet compliments, the affection, that soft look on his eyes. Was it all a lie? Or was he simply am escape from a loveless marriage for Draco? Just someone on the side. He hissed internally, his heart throbbing at the thought.

He was spiralling and he knew it. Vertigo began to feel his vision as his thoughts began to overwhelm him. He bit his lips and dug his fingernails into the flesh of his palms. The pain helped to ground him a bit.

He looked up facing Astoria's smug face head on, if there was anything his hard life had taught him, it was to never let an alpha see your weakness. So he reeled in his scent, schooled his face into a blank expression and smiled tensely.

"You must be feeling insecure seeing as you went out of your way to prove your point." He tilted his head, "Surely you aren't  being threatened by a lowly omega like me?"

Astoria hissed. They both stared at each other. Harry  was sure the skin on his palms was close to breaking and bleeding but he did not relent. Even though his heart ached and he was nearly dizzy from the mental pain. Eventually, Astoria sniffed haughtily and walked away leaving Harry to pick the broken pieces of his fragile heart.

Salut!
So Astoria has been introduced. Honestly I ended up changing a lot of things last minute.

For one thing, Astoria was supposed to be an omega buuuuuttt I remembered that Daphne and her are technically the only heirs to the family and since I already made Daphne an omega (she's going to be introduced much much later), Astoria had to be an alpha to make up for it so she can inherit her family name.

If you are wondering how tall Harry is, I'd say he's about 5'8 not particularly small but still short for a guy so Astoria is probably about 5'10 or 5'11 without heels and Draco is over 6 foot.

Don't worry, the marriage contract doesn't mean shit to Draco and they might have a real smut scene very soon.

Loveeeeeee,
Alenny13 😚

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

31.3K 3.1K 60
A college going girl.. 👩 She is sweet and innocent always helping others... A guy in her college... She was always having crush on him from the very...
200K 1K 192
Mature content
29.6K 1.2K 34
Rihanna is a high school girl about to graduate when she meet the don will they live happily or will they argue all the time.........
278K 8K 135
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."