Chapter 4

Draco wouldn't say he was a part of the mafia.

Well, in a way he was but not in the way you'd think.

His family had always sort of hung in between. Their job was external relations and supply. They were the ones who maintained the relations between the various mobs they worked for, never really loyal to anyone but remaining on neutral ground the entire time. They supplied arms, man power, information and did the occasional job here and there.

The Malfoys had also always had strong ties in politics as well and more than a few legitimate (and illegitimate) businesses to their name.

There were several times when Draco wanted to burn down his family legacy with a lit torch and dance over the ashes. Especially when he had to serve mediator between rivals or when he had to ignore the itch to put a bullet in some bastard's skull because he was a 'neutral party'. However there are times when he loved what he did and the perks that came with it.

Such as being able to find the gorgeous omega he was smitten with.

At first he had just wanted to feed his curiosity but that had ultimately led to the constant itch under his skin to have harry in his sights and in his arms and just his. The omega's magnetic pull was even stronger when they were closer and Draco felt like addict who just got his first hit.

He found himself visiting the cafe as often as he could, which given the nature of his job was incredibly foolish and dangerous but he could not help it. Seeing Harry's smile in the morning made not killing bastards slightly easier.

Draco hummed to himself, leaning against his luxurious leather seat as he stared out the windows of his office. The window provided a remarkable view of London's skyline that looked pretty at night. Twirling the glass tumbler in his hand, he peered at the other man in the room through the window.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit Greengrass?" his tone was blank but leaked enough emotion to show how annoyed he was.

The older blonde behind him sniffed and took a seat. Draco swivelled his chair around to face the Greengrass family patriarch with barely hidden disgust.

"You would think you would have more respect for one of the oldest allies of your father." THe man sneered in distate.

Draco let out a wry grin and took a sip of his drink, "Ah but I am not my father am I Greengrass?"

The clearly condescending tone clearly bristled the older man's feathers but he shoved it down. When doing business with a Malfoy it was always in your best interest to never show any sort of emotional vulnerability. Draco stared the man down, his lips curled up in an amused smirk. Florian never did like the Malfoy heir.

Florian took out the document from the file he held in his hand and placed it in front of Draco. The young blonde tilted his head curiously. Florian watched in thinly-veiled delight as the blonde ran his eyes over the lines of the contract clearly growing more and more agitated the more he read.

"What is this." It was not a question but a demand. Draco looked up staring Florian dead in the eye, jaw clenched and fists trembling in rage.

"A marriage contract." Florian answered with a fake smile clearly meant to annoy the younger blonde.

Draco took in a deep breath and placed the rumpled papers back on his desk, "I can clearly see that," He looked up again to meet the other man's gaze, "What I want to know what gives you the fucking right to demand I marry your daughter? I was sure you could find a suitor from one of her numerous flings couldn't you?"

Florian barely restrained the growl bubbling up his throat at the jab at his daughter's dignity. The two alphas stared each other down, neither wanting to relent.

"The contract was drafted by your father." Florian stated.

Draco's nostrils flared in rage and this time he actually let out a growl so Florian had hit a nerve. The older man smiled and leaned back comfortably.

"Think about it Draco. With your marriage, we could finally merge our businesses. The Greengrass family could easily help you with the issues you have on the Finnish ports and the routes that go through Madrid." The man smiled, "My daughter is very easy on the eyes and I am sure she would be more than enough to satisfy an alpha in his prime such as yourself."

Florian leaned forward a smirk on his face, "Consider your options wisely Malfoy, you do not want to make an enemy of me."

The threat was clear. 

Draco closed his eyes and took deep breaths. He had to remind himself why it would not be a good idea to dice this man to pieces and throw his remains in the River Thames. When he opened his eyes again, every trace of irritation was gone and replaced with an eerie calmness.

"I can handle my business just fine on my own. I do not, have not and will never need your guidance Greengrass." He spoke slowly and surely.

Draco picked up the contract and ripped it up slowly, "And as for you daughter, I am in no way obligated to bind myself to her, so if you would be so kind..." He placed the shredded pieces in the file the older man came in and passed it to Florian with a faux-polite smile on his face, "Kindly get out of my sight and never come here again."

Florian frowned and got up abruptly. The sharp spike of the older man's scent in the air only served to amuse Draco.

"you will regret this Malfoy." The man swore and stomped out of the office,leaving a smiling Draco behind.

As Blaise walked into his best friend's office, he saw the patriarch of the Greengrass family leaving with a rage. He looked up to see one very amused and proud Draco Malfoy and he put one and two together.

"Already pissing people off huh? It's not even midday yet." He remarked.

Draco smiled and shrugged, "Isn't enraging people what I do best?"

And done!

I have nothing much to note but like VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE! It gives me motivation to write!

Love,

Alenny13