Chapter 6

It was a Saturday like any other for Harry. He got up later than usual as tonight was his shift at the club. He clocked in for the later shift at the coffee shop. He went through the usual fear and mortification of working at the club despite his body rejecting the very thought of being near any of the smarmy alphas that frequented the place.

It was just after midnight when he was finally done for the day and he found himself walking down the streets dimly lit by the few convenience stores still open and the occasional street lamp.

It had gotten a lot colder as autumn slowly gave way to winter, November was crawling by incredibly slowly this year. Harry huffed and buried his red tinted nose deeper into his muffler and dug his fingers deeper into the pockets of his coat. His large green eyes swept from right to left as he quickly speed walked towards his apartment.

He was just around the block when he heard it. Footsteps.

He paused a bit unsure and pricked his ears waiting for another sound. Harry held his breath, his heart beating rapidly in his chest. He slowly took a step forward and his heart leapt to his throat when the person tracking him also moved closer. Without a thought, Harry began to run towards his home.

The person... no people began to give chase. His nose twitched as he picket up the scent of his pursuers, three alphas.

'Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.' He thought frantically.

Even if he did managed to outrun them, which was a big if, it would not take much to break into his little abode. The thought of leading these men to his nest had his omega growling and frightened. 

With that settled, Harry instead took another route away from his apartment. It was more difficult to see here as there was little lighting to go by. Luckily, he was more than familiar with the streets giving him a little bit of an advantage over his pursuers.

Harry dashed into an alley, sinking deeper into the shadows. He leaned against the grimy wall and tried to regain his strength, his breath coming out in short puffs. He knew he needed help. He was already exhausted and it was only a matter of time before those alphas managed to track his scent.

He pulled out his phone from his hands with shaking hands. Without looking at the device, he picked his most recent contact. The sound of the phone dial almost seemed to loud in the tense silence. Relief swept over him like a tidal wave when the call was picked.

"Darling?" A deep raspy voice asked, he had most likely just got up.

"D-draco" Harry let out a sob of relief.

The desperation in his voice must have startled the blonde because all the sleepiness was out of his voice almost immediately.

"Harry? Darling? Tell me what's wrong."

Harry leaned against the wall and tried to suppress the urge to cry out in distress, "W-was g-going home from w-work, a-alphas are t-trailing me, d-don't know what t-to do."

"Okay Harry, deep breaths okay, can you send me your location on your phone?" Draco's voice was like an anchor in the stormy sea of his panic. Harry crumpled to his knees and let out a shaky yes. With trembling fingers, he did as he was told, clinging unto Draco's soothing voice in his ears.

"Good job love. Now I need you to hide and be as quiet as possible until I get there, can you do that for me?" 

Harry could hear what sounded like an engine starting meaning the blonde was on his way. He curled in on himself and gave the older man a positive answer.  When their call was cut, Harry slumped weakly and tried to breathe deeply until his friend found him.

*******

Draco was in a state of panic.

Receiving Harry's call at such an ungodly hour and listening to the omega's trembling voice had him springing out of his bed. He threw a coat over his pyjamas, grabbed his guns and drove off at breakneck speed towards the location Harry sent in the nearest car.

His thoughts were a mess, constantly swinging between his urge to rip the bastards who had tracked down his omega and finding and consoling the terrified raven. Even at the insane speed he was driving, he felt like he was moving too slow. It was like he was watching flaxen sand slipping between his fingers and being unable to stop it.

'Please be fine Harry, I'm coming.'

*********

The sound of curses startled Harry out of his subconscious space. 

His eyes focused on the entrance of the alleyway where he could see the silhouettes of three figures heading towards him. Panic gripped his heart once again as he tried to quietly scramble to his feet on his shaky limbs.

They must have picked up his scent.

Harry watched in horror as one of the men turned to focus on him. He could not see their faces as they were all wearing ski masks but he knew they had noticed him. A chill crept up his spine as they began to head towards him.

He looked around, his mind scrambling for anything that could help him. The alleyway was a dead end so he had nowhere to run to. He had been counting on the darkness to hide him but it was a double-edged sword. He had been concealing his scent all this while but he probably lost his grip on it when he was on the phone with Draco leading his pursuers right to him.

His cold fingers found a loose brick on the floor which he grasped tightly in his hands. He began to edge away from the approaching men, his wary eyes waiting for the slightest opportunity to escape.

"Naughty omega, we had to work so much to get you tonight." The man Harry presumed to be the leader said.

Harry physically recoiled at the name given by the man and forced himself to bite down the growl rising up his throat. He either had to escape or buy enough time for Draco to get here, mouthing off was not an option.

"W-what do you want from me?" He asked.

The men chuckled.

"We don't usually do things like this but a certain alpha you know has forced our hands." The leader said chuckling, "And so we came after you, after all the easiest way to destroy a man is through what he loves."

He stepped up into Harry's personal space. The man's heavy musk forced itself into the omega's nostrils willing the raven to submit. Harry's nose twitched but he did not yield, staring the man defiantly in the eye. The alpha guffawed in amusement.

"A feisty one ay? I can see the appeal. Maybe when we get you to the boss he will let us have a little fun with you as a reward." The man flicked Harry's chin with his finger.

Harry was just about to reply when he caught the sight of someone over the man's shoulder. His blonde hair was messy, his eyes wild and he looked very, very pissed. A smile found it's way to the Harry's once terrified face.

"What the fuck are you doing with my omega?" Draco growled.

And done!

And just because I am feeling a little sadistic, I'm leaving y'all at a cliffhanger 😗

Kisses!

Alenny13 💜