Chapter 16

Three weeks later

Harry stepped out of the bakery with a brown paper bag in hand. The thick brown coat and muffler kept the chill from the light snow away from his bones. The sun had already began to dip into the horizon, leaving the city in hues of orange and pink.

It had been three weeks since he moved in with Draco and about two weeks since he began working at the bakery. It was a small but famous bakery near central London. Harry had gotten bored after a few days of doing nothing so Draco had pulled a few strings and gotten him a job he would love.

The owner was Ciara, a natively cuban beta that had a sharp tongue and a warm personality. It was wonderful coming to the homey kitchen and baking all his favourite desserts while learning and sharing tips with the other bakers on her staff.

He didn't work at the club anymore. Although the bakery wasn't very large, it got a lot of business and he was kept busy most of the day. The pay was great, it was a honest work that he enjoyed and he got to take home a bag of treats sometimes. The omega couldn't have asked for more.

"Sir,are you ready to leave?" Crabbe asked.

The bodyguards that took him to and from work were something that took a while to adjust to. Despite his best efforts, Harry had not managed to dissuade draco from sending one of his cars to drop off and pick up Harry every day. He had attempted to go to work on his own once, but when his bodyguards informed Draco of his missing status, the blonde had panicked and sent out a search party to find him. Needless to say, it was not an experience he cared to repeat.

"It's been a month Crabbe," Harry tutted in disapproval getting into the sleek black car, "You should stop addressing me so formally."

Crabbe bowed in respect and got into the front seat. Harry would like to know he knew his bodyguards pretty well. For instance, he knew that Crabbe was allergic to walnuts and that Goyle had a pet chipmunk named Rosa.

"Goyle, do you mind dropping me off at ****** cafe?" Harry asked.

Goyle grunted in affirmative and began to drive. Harry had promised Hermione he would see her today. After all, as far as she knew Harry still worked at the cafe.

Harry stepped out of the car, a quick reassurance to Crabbe and Goyle and be stepped into the place he once worked. The last thing Hermione needed to add to the shock she was bound to receive was two alphas glaring at her.

The cafe was as warm as he remembered. He hummed to himself, his green eyes seeking Hermione's bushy hair. She was sitting at one of the window tables, having already ordered something for herself. When she noticed the raven coming towards her, she smiled warmly and greeted him with a hug.

"Hi 'mione, how have you been?" Harry asked comforted by the musl of books that always seemed to follow the beta, taking a seat.

Hermione and Harry caught up for a while. All through their conversation, Hermione critically observed the omega in front of her. He was healthier than she remembered, having put on a little more flesh. His eyes were brighter and his cheeks were flushed with a near permanent blush. Most importantly, the scent of an alpha, a powerful one at that, that Harry seemed to be drenched in.

They talked about Hermione's college and how things were going with Ron. Hermione found out that Harry no longer worked here but at a bakery.

"So..." Hermione purred, sipping her coffee, "Who is he?"

Harry paused and began to fiddle with his fingers, a telltale sign that he was nervous or embarrassed.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, pointedly avoiding her gaze.