Chapter 12

His head hurt.

Harry hissed quietly bringing his palm to his forehead. He sat up on the bed, pausing when he finally took note of his unfamiliar surroundings. He would was two seconds from panicking when the familiar scent of a certain blonde became known to him, at least he was not somewhere unfamiliar.

"You are finally awake, that is a good sign." came a light airy voice.

Harry's head whipped to the left only to be met with an unfamiliar face. A female omega was standing beside his bed staring back at him. She was a rather curious woman, her waist-length dirty blonde hair was decorated with tiny braids, feathers and trinkets. Her skirt was just as colourful as her blouse but it seemed to match with the boots she wore. On her head was the most ridiculous pair of glasses Harry had ever seen.

The strange woman clapped her hands, "Good morning to you Harry, I am Luna Lovegood and I am here to check on you."

Harry blinked, his mind still not processing waking up, much less the eccentric woman before him.

"Check....me?" Harry asked, readjusting himself on the bed, it was only then he noticed the stethoscope around her neck and a ridiculously large and colourful doctors bag by her feet.

Luna nodded and began to take out various medical tools Harry did not recognise from her bag, "I was brought here to check up on your health by Draco, if you don't mind may we begin? The longer we are here, the more worked up he will be."

Draco sent her here? How did he even get here in the first place? He pondered the night before as Luna began to run some basic tests on him. She checked his pulse, his eyes, his reflexes, the basic check ups he did as a kid. It was a weird experience as Harry ever hardly went to see doctors, he did not have the money, nor the time.

"Well, your basic vitals are fine, what I am about to do may be a little invasive, please take off the robe." Luna said softly.

Harry stared at her for a good minute. Usually, he would be apprehensive about getting naked in front of a total stranger, but something about Luna beckoned him to trust her. Sighing, he let the already large robe slip from his shoulders and off his body.

Luna immediately set to work. Her touches were warm and precise, not too invasive and not lingering. Harry found his tense muscles relaxing as she continued to do what she did. There was a slight prick when she took his blonde samples and it was extremely embarrassing when she assessed his genitals but for the most part, the process was relaxing.

"It seems you just went into mild shock, your omega is okay, a bit frightened, but nonetheless fine." Luna mentioned, quelling a part of Harry's worry.

Harry did not know how long it had been before the woman was satisfied but he knew it was quite a while. He put the robe back on as she placed all her tools in her bag before carefully sitting down beside him. There was silence for a few moments as he watched her scribble into a rainbow coloured spiral notebook with a blue glitter pen.

"Harry I am going to ask you a few questions and you need to be as honest with me as you can okay?" She said softly, "I am not going to push you, and I want to assure you that nothing said here will leave this room."

Harry curled in on himself, already knowing that he was not going to like this conversation.

"I have examined you the best I could here and I am already not liking what I am seeing. You are fairly underweight for your age, a few of your ribs have been broken before, it is a miracle that they managed to heal right, those scars on your back and thighs, they may be faded but i can see that not all of them are self-inflicted. From what I can see, you have quite a history with fractures and lacerations as well, maybe a few burns here and there. I am sure you are seeing where I am leading to."