Chapter 2

Saturday nights were the worst at this place.

Harry sighed and prepared the drinks he was asked to, ignoring the leers of several unidentifiable males and females in the room. The club was always loud. The music pounded in his ears and the combination of the dim lighting and flashing lights made it hard to concentrate on anything. Harry pushed the drink to the man, once again ignoring the blatant way the man was staring at him and waited for someone else to order a drink.

At least he was just a bartender.

The club he worked at was called Midnight. It wasn't shady or like or those low grade pubs. No, it was actually a pretty expensive place, with classy furniture and high quality drinks and service. What made the place so popular was that it ran purely on omegas. If you weren't one, you couldn't possibly get a job here.

Harry could see the appeal behind it. They were a cheap source of labour. Some of them were ready to do or wear anything as long as they saw the next day. Not just that, but they were pretty easy on the eyes. The pay here wasn't huge or anything, but it was a serious upgrade from what he was usually paid. He knew he could probably earn more, but he was not a slut thank you very much.

"Hey Harry!" a cheerful voice called.

The source of said voice was the waiter in front of him, Hannah Abbot. He honestly did not know her all too well. He only knew the basics about her. She was the only person he actually spoke to here. After all, she was one of the only omegas he had met that hadn't completely lost their minds and hope thanks to the system. Harry leaned against the counter and smiled.

"Hiya Hannah! Is there anything you need?" he asked.

Hannah bit her lip, nervously, shuffling her feet. Harry could feel apprehension growing. She was a very cheerful and outgoing person. For her to be nervous, meant she was going to say something he wouldn't like.

"Um, do you mind working as a waiter with me? I can't take the orders alone."

Harry blinked.

"No fucking way! There is no way I am going into that crowd dressed in this outfit. I don't want to get freaking violated." He hissed angrily.

The female workers wore a very tight white shirt with a black bow on their necks, with a very short black skirt that barely covered anything. It was paired with black knee-highs and flats. The only difference between the male and female costume was that they had to wear black booty shorts instead. Yep, there was definitely no way harry was leaving his post at the counter.

"Come on harry! Parvati and Padma quit yesterday, Marla called in sick and Diane is replacing Roy on the pole because he suddenly decided to ditch today. We are really short on staff here." Hannah pleaded.

Harry sighed and placed his head on the cool counter. His heat was starting the day after tomorrow and he already felt woozy. He needed the money he would earn tonight to get suppressants and cover the rest of his rent.

"Can't anyone else do it? I'm pretty sure Freya would jump at the chance to go out there and sell her body to some rich businessman or something." He mumbled.

Hannah grimaced at the mention of the girl. She pouted and poked harry on the head with a sharp fingernail. The raven groaned and looked up.

"No. you know only the prettiest of us get to be waiters,company image or something like that. Besides it's an order from the boss and you know how he is."

Harry groaned and thumped his head. Unfortunately he knew exactly how, much of an asshole Terry Boot could be. He could deny him pay for the next three weeks for refusing this. He straightened and picked up the tray close to him. Freya could handle being the bartender while he worked, probably.