Woke Up In A New Decade

By Angelodude

Astrid Hoffmann was born in West Germany. It was 1987 and she was helping people get past the wall until the... More

prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty Four

9 0 0
By Angelodude

Photo: Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna, in Tsarskoye Selo, in 1915. Classic photo of Anastasia!!! I love <3 <3 <3 <3 (original: Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna, em Tsarskoye Selo, em 1915. Clássica foto da Anastasia!!! Amo <3 <3 <3 <3)

December 1915
I sat with my sisters while hanging out with some guards. Cian (the 5'11 giant) was else where with Caoimhe. Olga swoons over Mitya of course as I stare at him in disgust. I don't like him, I don't like him one bit. He takes advantage of her. He always complains about his rank to Olga then moves up ranks because his complaint was told to Papa. I rolled my eyes at the thought of it. Olga is beside him like a puppy dog. She is missing out on a good person from right under her nose.

I sat as my sisters converse, Tatiana speaks to Malama. He swoons over her, he even gave her a dog! Tatiana enjoys flirting with him but I can tell she doesn't take it close to heart. I wonder who is pulling her heartstrings?  I could never tell with her. Olga, not so much as her topic is always Mitya and she behaves depressed when he is not around. I sit bored, Dmitri Pavlovich left, Papa and Alexei are still not home too!

I was sitting next to a girl. She had dark brown and lighter brown in her hair. She had sparkling green eyes, she wore a hat with a bow on the side and a sailor suit. It was navy blue and consisted of a classic coat with silver like buttons, underneath was a striped black and white shirt that was just about visible. She wore a striped navy skirt with black stockings and brown boots. Her hair was down and flowy with a white bow. "Hello." I nervously started.

"Hi." She replied. Her eyes did not meet mine, I was wondering who she was. She caught me staring. "Katya." She muttered. "You're Astrid.. right? Prophecy girl?" She asked me in a hushed voice. My eyes widened in shock. "How did you-" I began but her finger reached my lips. Telling me to hush. I think i slightly recognised her, but not a lot.

The guards always have little interest in me, and my 'lack of charisma,' I don't have a lack of charisma! Yes, I did hate walking around the wounded, I was getting anxious while speaking with them. Surgery is much more easier but i here don't have to speak with them. I sit as my fellow sisters continue to indulge in conversations as fellow nurses watch us. "Who.. are you?" I finally asked Katya.

"I am Katya, call me Kat. Don't listen to what anyone else says." Katya said. Glaring. "Yekaterinaaaaaaaa!" A voice called. My sisters still talked as nurses stared at Katya. She stood up and waved goodbye as she ran inside. I ended up finding Cian and Caoimhe, Caoimhe was with some girl and Cian was under a tree with guards.

I then began to die of boredom. Cian was busy, so was Caoimhe. My only company left and then I saw Igor. I instantly shot up in excitement. It made Cian look at me, he sensed my excitement. "Igor!" I exclaimed excitedly. He smiled at me. "Good afternoon Sassa."

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, actually wondering why he was here. "Oh! I just came to see if someone could deliver this to Alexei." He said as he handed me a letter. It looked pretty fancy and then I looked back up at him. He was tall, not as tall Cian though. "I can deliver it, cousin. Care to join?" I asked him. He glanced past me before looking to me again. "Maybe another time." He said sadly. "Oh." I deflated. "Well, I hope to see you again soon. May God keep you safe." I told him. He smiled at me. "Thank you Astrid, may God keep you self as well." He said before leaving. I went back to my spot and noticed that Olga was smirking at me.

"What is it Olishka?" I asked her, with sass of course. "You seem very excited to see Igor." Olga said to me with a sly smile as Cian and Caoimhe came over. I look at Olga, "Yes, he is great company and I was bored." I told her. Katya came back outside as she, our fellow nurse and friend Rita and Nurse Chebotareva tell the wounded to go back to their beds. "Hey, you guys. Do you want a palm reading?" Rita randomly asked. I frowned at her, confused. "A palm reading?" I repeated as Mitya DOESNT leave and instead joins the conversation.

"Sure." I tell her as I tried my best to hide the annoyance at him. Cian studied as Rita did it, I showed her my palm as Nurse Chebotareva joins in with watching. "You will do something extraordinary!" Rita smiled at me, I opened my mouth, blinked twice but nothing came out. "Can you do it with me?" Cian asked. Rita nodded and when I unfroze she was now reading Cian's palm closely. "You will go down in history! Woah Ci." Rita smiled at him. He nodded. Then she read Caoimhe's, "You will be famous!" Rita concluded. Then she went to read Tatiana's palm now as Mitya was giving Olga flirty looks. "You will have twelve children!" She said as she looked at Tatiana. Olga laughs as I joined in as Tatiana flushed. "Well that seems like a little too much." She commented as Nurse Chebotareva joined in with our laughing, Cian smiled and Caoimhe giggled.

"Katya, your turn." Rita decided as she took Katya's palm. "You will be very great at something that shocks others!" Rita smiled at Katya. Katya smiled and then when Rita let go of her hand wiped it on her nurses uniform mouthing 'sweaty' as she did so. "Your turn." I told Olga. Olga refuses so it took us a few minutes to convince her until Rita finally reads her palm, "You will do something surprising." She said to Olga. Tatiana teased her as I kept to myself 'At least she can actually pull a lot of people, you might be beautiful but Olga pulls more than you can ever'. "I'm going to go." I said not wanting to be around Mitya anymore. Katya and Cian with Caoimhe had already gone into the hospital again. I noticed Mitya's eyes on me. "Already?" Olga looked to me.

I nodded my head yes. I was not sticking around him for longer. I went and washed my hands and then I saw Malcolm on a stretcher, badly wounded. Oh shit! I ran, getting ready to help him as I saw Katya helping him onto the bed. My romantic feelings did fade but we are still great friends. I but in and help passed tools during surgery. Thankfully out of everything, only his leg was badly wounded. So he is fine, there was a large gash on his forehead, so I passed a bandage to Katya for her to wrap it up. I make sure he is very comfortable, well as comfortable as you can get, and Nurse Chebotareva pulls me aside and tells me I should go home and shouldn't worry because he'll be looked after.

I was about to go home when Katya stopped me. "I'm Yekaterina, and I want to help you get rid of Rasputin." Katya told me. I frowned. "What do you-" "my father." She finished. My mouth gaped at her. "Now, prophecy girl. Are you in?" Katya asked me. I nodded. "And don't worry, your friends and sister is in too." She walked away.

I went home with Cian and Caoimhe, and I ate dinner. I was in the library with the big pair, Maria and Cian. "The mail has arrived." Olga noticed. Cian took his mail. I walked up to see if I had any to see a letter to Maria from Louis Mountbatten. To annoy her, I slowly went through the mail to make her watch anxiously. "Is there anything for me?" She asked. I innocently looked up. "What's the rush?" I asked. Maria sighed at me, "Astya-"

"Oh.. this letter?" I asked as I pulled it aside from the rest. "To Maria Nikolaevna, from Louis Mountbatten." I said playfully, feeling my annoying elder sister energy rise. Mischief was soaring in me. Tatiana stood up, probably to scold me. "Astrid Nikolaevna you are behaving childish! Give Maria the letter!" She demands. Olga and Cian watched in amusement as the only background sound of Tatiana's yelling was the clock and the sips Cian made from his tea.

A great time to have tea. I put the rest of the letters aside and still hold the letter Maria wanted so badly. Maria stood up. "Hmm.. maybe I should open it." I began, Maria's eyes widened and she looked like she was about to explode. She began chasing after me, "Asta! I swear-" I began laughing as I ran past her. "Sending love letters to your dearest Louis?!" I taunted as I ran. Maria stopped and angrily yelled, "Astrid!" Tatiana decided to run after me and we were both running through the palace halls. Cian and Olga following to see where this would end up.

"Astrid!" The drained out voice of Maria yelled far. I kept running until I saw a familiar looking woman walk across the hall to another room, when I stopped running to see where she might have disappeared off to, she was gone. I remembered her familiar purple frilly dress.

Maria and Tatiana caught up with me and I instantly felt a smack across my face. "Ow!" I rubbed my face. "Never do that again!" Maria walked off, seizing the letter as she did so. Probably walking off to read it. I smirked awkwardly at Tatiana who walked back. Cian and Olga seemed to be holding in their laugh.

The next day went so quickly, it was just surgery, surgery, annoying stupid Mitya as is usual. Cian swore at him in Irish, I could tell. Believe it or not, I know a little bit. Only swear words though, he told Mitya it meant everything good. I was going to find a sink to wash my hands when I accidentally ran into Mila who was telling Cian something. Katya was there too but she wasn't listening too much.

She probably heard the news and then Mila was going on about something. "Oh! Darling!" Mila ended her sentence and saw me, she exclaimed. Her cheeks were Rosie, as usual and she had a little glimmer in her eyes. I was now finishing work, and I smiled. "Mils!" I exclaimed happily. "I heard you and Katya assisted Malcolm in his surgery. I was so worried!" Mila frowned. "That's what you have been rambling on about!" Cian said annoyed.

"It was really no big deal." I shrugged. Katya nodded. "Yeah, its just helping out the country." Katya shrugged. "Come along you three, I'm sure he'd like to see you all." Mila said. She then pulled us to his bed. Malcolm sat up and looked to us, his striking eyes was there. "Hello Ci, Katya and Astri." He nodded to us. "Hello Malcolm." I greeted him. "Greetings." Cian said. "Hello." Katya said.

"I hope you feel better." I told Malcolm. He nodded as an excited and agitated Mila took his hand. "I won't be a nurse anymore." Mila happily announced. Cian was not bothered but I was so confused. "What? Why?!" I quickly yelled, stumbling over my words. She looked at Malcolm and smiled. "Well, Katya, Astrid. I am pregnant!" She happily announced. Her eyes look so joyful as she said the needs

I stand up and my jaw dropped to the floor, Katya began choking on her water. She happily showed her baby bump when she pressed her dress against her stomach, clearly visible. "Oh shit- should i spread the news?" I quickly saved myself from swearing. I looked down at Malcolm but he didn't look so happy.

Cian and Katya noticed and exchanged looks with each other. "Of course Astrid! You can spread the news, you two don't mind helping?" Mila asked. "Nope, I'm sure Vanya would be happy. And Zander will be shocked." Cian frowned. "Well, congratulations!" I said. I followed all of them to the car where Olga was waiting for us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 5.2K 62
"Who are you?" She said looking at him. "Where have you gotten me?" she crawled back on the bed, looking around the peculiar room. She saw him movin...
61.4K 1.3K 45
Katya and her mam move to Germany to get away from her abusive dad and start a new life but who knew that Katya was going to meet people who will cha...
300K 4.3K 59
Rewriting. Book 1 of the risk series Every love story starts with strangers,maybe friends our love story started with hate, danger, and we never kn...
766K 19.7K 24
**Warnig: Extremely Cliche!** I was known as a King, who didn't care. A King with a black heart, but I love you babe, and everytime I see you I jus...