Three Promises || Lee Know

By BlackLily_17

She was a girl with a lot of secrets. He was a boy who wanted to figure out what she was hiding. *** Choi Is... More

Author's Note
Characters Introduction
1 | New Friends
2 | Love At First Sight?
3 | Painting Buddies
4 | Just Shut Up, Squirrel Brain
5 | Is Someone Jealous?
6 | This Is Jureumi
7 | I Thought We Were Friends
8 | Iseul's Story
9 | Lies
10 | Truth and Dare
11 | Thief
12 | Daddy Privilege
13 | Truth
14 | Part Time Jobs
16 | Women Are Scary Creatures
17 | Upcoming Storm
18 | Desperate For Gossip
19 | Sleeping Beauty
20 | Voices
21 | Sweet Moments
22 | Don't Run Away
23 | Like White Flowers
24 | Transfer Student
25 | Heartbreak
26 | Forgotten
27 | Fallen Apart
28 | Never Me
29 | Arcade
30 | Home
31 | Runs in the Family

15 | Kidnapped

405 31 80
By BlackLily_17

Choi Iseul

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Came a very familiar and angry voice of Minho. He held the man's hand before it hit me, and now was holding his arm.

What is he doing here?

"And who are you?" The rude man questioned, looking pissed off.

"That doesn't matter. You do realise that you were about a hit a minor in a public place? Pretty sure it's considered harrasment and is illegal." He said, having an expression which I had never seen on his face before. He looked like he was barely holding himself back from punching the man's face.

It was intimidating.

The man looked a little flustered, but he didn't seem to be the type to back off easily.

"What kind of bullshit is that? This bitch here clearly ruined my shirt and has to pay for it-"

Before the man could finish his sentence, Minho's fist met with his jaw.

"Minho!" I spoke up, scared of what was happening. I immediately went to his side and held his arm to restrain him.

"What the fuck?" Roared the man, coming at Minho. But before he could do anything, Mr Jeon and the guard held back his arms.

"Let go of me, you bastards!" He shouted, trying to fight off the two man holding him.

"I will not let a person like you create and more nuisance in my restaurant and mistreat my employees anymore!" Shouted Mr Jeon, looking angry as well.

And just like that, the rude customer was escorted out.

"What was that all about?" I demanded, taking Minho to a secluded corner, away from prying eyes of other people. "You didn't have to do that!"

"What do you mean? Did you hear how he was talking to you?" Minho said in disbelief.

"I could've gotten fired!" I shot back.

"Who cares about that? Not working anywhere is better than working in a place like this." He said, looking annoyed.

"I do. I care. Don't interfere in things you have no business with, Minho." I said, my voice getting cold all of a sudden.

His expression immediately changed into that of hurt. Before he could reply, however, another voice spoke up.

"Um, Minho?" Yuna said, hesitantly approaching us.

"Yeah?" Said Minho, looking glum.

"Are you alright?" She questioned, coming to look at him. "Also Iseul, are you fine?"

"Yeah." The two of us said at the same time.

The three of us stood in an awkward silence for a while, both me and Minho refusing to talk.

"Let's go, Yuna. My help wasn't needed here." Minho said suddenly, breaking the silence and dragging Yuna with him.

Yuna looked at my sympathetically as she was taken away by Minho. She mouthed a sorry in my direction, to which I replied with a nod.

That was when I realised that the two of them were here alone.

Why?

No, that's none of my business. I scolded myself, ignoring the weird uneasiness that I was feeling upon looking at the two.

With a sigh, I approached the break room. I was about to resume my shift, but manager Jeon forced me to go back home.

"Mr Jeon, I can't afford skipping a single day." I bargained.

"I know. I will pay you this entire shift's wage. Just go home!" He said, basically pushing me out.

"...Alright." I said, knowing that there was no changing his mind.

I walked back home, making my way through the dark streets. Suddenly, my mind was starting to get filled with guilt.

I didn't even thank Minho.

I mean, he did stand for me, and went as far as hitting someone just for me. No one ever did that.

And yet, instead of thanking him I fought with him.

Wow Iseul. Someone should learn maintaining friendships from you.

I scoffed at myself. I was unbelievable.

As I let my thoughts wander, other things started worrying me out.

I knew I had to go ask the landlord for a little more time. I needed it to be able to pay off the overdue rent. There was no other way than begging him for more time.

Things would get real messy if we get kicked out of that place. My future was at stake.

With a sigh, I entered my house, locking the door behind me.

I was going to go to the landlord's place tomorrow, and hope that he would agree to give me just few more weeks.

***

The next day, when I sat at my usual seat, Minho refused to talk to me.

It was just like last time. But back then, I wasn't used to his presence like now.

So, deciding to swallow my stubbornness, I went to apologise to him.

"Minho?" I asked slowly as we were going towards the cafeteria.

"Hm?" He hummed, not even bothering to look at me.

"I-I wanted to apologise. For yesterday." I started, unconsciously biting my lips.

At that, he paused to turn to look at me.

"You know what Iseul? I'm not even mad at you about that. And I actually understood your situation." He said, shaking his head. "You know what I'm actually disappointed about?"

He looked at me, waiting for me to say something. But I had no idea where he was getting at.

"The fact that you lied to us." He said.

And that was like a real punch in the gut for me.

"I'm... I'm sorry." I mumbled, not knowing what else to say.

"I told you that I'd be with you. Then why did you get all distant in the last week and lied to us?" He said, sounding hurt.

I really had nothing to say to that. I knew I had lied, and he knew too.

I looked down at my shoes, feeling upset at myself. But it's not like I could tell him.

Or could I?

What was the right choice? What was I supposed to do? How many things am I supposed to pay attention to?

There's only so much a person can do.

"I..." My voice trailed off.

"Nevermind about that. Let's go eat, the others are probably waiting for us." He said, sensing my inability to speak.

Then, walking ahead of me, he signalled me to come to the cafeteria with him.

It's barely been a week since we got close. Why was I starting to hurt him already?

I knew I hurt everyone who was close to me. Maybe I shouldn't have let him in afterall.

As we made our way towards our usual table, I got the sudden urge to say something.

"Um, Minho?" I hesitantly spoke up, and he turned to look at me.

"About our plans for meeting at the cafe on weekend... I think we might have to cancel those." I said, not able to meet eyes with him.

He just stared at me for a few seconds before letting out a quiet 'alright'.

I heard him sigh soon after.

But I told myself that I would properly apologize when I'm done sorting out the other problems.

I just hoped that it would be soon.

***

Here I was. Standing in front of our landlord's place.

With a deep breath, I rang the bell.

After a few seconds, a woman came to open the door. Behind her stood her husband, who didn't look very pleased to see me.

"Good evening sir, I hope I didn't disturb you." I said

"Why are you here?" He asked, not even acknowledging my greeting.

"I...I was hoping if you could give us a little more time to pay the rent," I said quietly.

He just scoffed.

"If you're here just for that, then leave. I told you I'd be giving you just a month. Not a single day more than that." He said, crossing his arms.

"I know, but please... Just a few more weeks. I promise we'll pay the rent-" I began, getting interrupted soon enough.

"Even if I were to give you more time, you would only keep on asking for more. Now don't waste my time and leave. Maybe start looking for a new place to live in. I'll fulfill my loss by selling your belongings." He said, turning his back on me.

"Sir, please don't do that," I said, my voice growing desperate. "Please, I promise I'll pay the entire rent. We have nowhere to go. Please." I said, bowing deeply. My vision started getting blurry as I felt the pathetic feeling of helplessness coming to me. But I refused to give in.

"Do you not understand the meaning of no?" He roared, making me flinch.

"Honey, I'm sure she has her reasons. She looks like she's barely 16! She's a child, for god's sake." The landlord's wife spoke up for the first time.

"I've been tolerating this family for more than 2 fucking years. I gave them place to live in, even forgiving some of their rent as others refused to even talk to them!" Said the landlord. "I've had enough. I can't tolerate that criminal's family anymore."

"I deeply apologise for all the problems we have caused. Please... Just this one last time. I promise we'll leave on our own account if we aren't able to pay the dues." I said in a shakey voice, a tear slipping my eye.

A criminal's family. That was what people saw us as, huh? I guess I couldn't really do anything about it.

"We're giving you one more month. Don't worry about him kicking you out." Said the lady kindly. She passed me a sympathetic look.

"But-" The landlord began, his wife interrupting him again.

"Now, I guess it's sorted. Have a nice day," She said to me, giving me an indication to leave.

"Thank you! Thank you so much! I promise I'll pay the rent soon!" I said, bowing deeply.

The landlord grumbled, but I heard his wife scold him on my way out.

As I exited their place, the tears which I was barely holding back threatened to fall.

I shouldn't have been here alone. Mother should've been here with me.

But I was sure, she was probably drunk and passed out somewhere.

I got a month more. Would I be able to do it? Maybe I'll have to take some time off school.

The thought of not going to school made my heart ache for some reason. What if after taking a break, I won't ever be able to go back?

As my eyes brimmed with more tears, I suddenly felt someone grab my shoulders.

Instincts kicking in, I immediately tried to distance myself from the person, getting ready to swing my fist really hard. It was one of those fight or flight situations, and if it was going to be a creep, then boy, he messed with the wrong person.

But instead, I felt myself being pulled in a hug.

Suddenly, a familiar scent hit my nose, indicating that it was someone I knew.

"Why is it that I always find you in tears everytime I see you outside of school alone?" Said Minho, holding me close.

I hid my face in his chest as I tried holding back my tears which were refusing to stop. The helplessness and fatigue took over me, making me feel just like that day in the park.

At that point I was sure that it was his presence that did it to me.

But I didn't find myself hating it. In fact, I felt better.

"Why is that you always see me when I don't want you to?" I muttered, still not looking up at him.

Minho just chuckled at my words.

"Maybe I'm your guardian angel who's sent to you when you're in need." He said. We stayed like that for a while, until Minho interrupted the moment.

"Are you gonna let go or are you planning on wetting my innocent shirt with your tears?" He said.

Embarrassed, I pulled away, punching him lightly on the shoulder.

"I don't think guardian angels are supposed to be annoying," I mumbled.

"Come on, you did not just call me annoying!" He said, looking at me in disbelief.

"Well, sucks for you, because I actually did."

At the look of fake hurt that he gave me, I ended up laughing.

"You know what, Iseul? I'm gonna take my revenge." He said suddenly, making me frown.

"What revenge?" I asked, oblivious to the scheming in his head.

"You cancelled our plans to study, so I'm kidnapping you to hang out with me for today." He said. Maybe it was my imagination, but I swear I saw a mischievous glint in his eyes for a moment.

And without even giving me a chance to speak, he pulled me by arm with him towards God knows where.

I didn't even realise that I was smiling as I let myself be taken to wherever he was planning to take me.

***

I'm definitely not okay after watching the megaverse teaser. I'm just not. THEY ALL LOOKED SO AMAZING LIKE HELLO? I don't know if I'm gonna be able to survive this comeback.

Anyways, what do you think of today's chapter? I'm kinda having a writer's block and need some more ideas so feel free to drop your suggestions!

See y'all later!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

872K 19.9K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
15.6K 461 17
"I don't need your help. I don't need anyone's help. Who do you think you are?" - A Lee Know fanfiction Started: 15.04.2022 Finished 15.07.2022
2.5K 771 60
When Bang Chan leaves; his childhood sweetheart embarks on a quest to visit him, trying to fulfil the promise made years ago.
23.8K 762 10
IM GONNA TRY AND MAKE THIS AS SERIOUS AS POSSIBLE. jk. btw the description time says 14 minutes to read it but it literally took half the people ik l...