Chaotic Marriage (Vol I)

By DuskyGurl

Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had... More

Chaotic Marriage
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Author's Note (Important ⚠︎⚠︎)
Author note 2

Chapter 14

3.7K 267 23
By DuskyGurl

"Here, put these flowers here," Dev instructed the employees who were currently decorating the house. Dev moved forward and assisted the elderly man, giving him a grin as he did so.

Orange marigolds and red roses were used to decorate the entire house of Shrivastava. Aruna Shrivastava prepared a little gathering today because the daughters-in-law have been here for half a month and because their unexpected marriage prevented them from having time to introduce themselves to their neighbors earlier.

They have resided in this area for a very long time, and the Shrivastava name is well-known in this community. The neighbors had already teased Aruna a few times about not inviting them to her wedding and doing everything in secret, so it didn't seem good, which is why she came up with this plan.

However, now that Ruhanika and Sitara have finally found their footing and their lives have returned to some semblance of normalcy, Aruna has made the decision to perform a little rite known as "Muh Dikhai." She chose this day because, apparently, Sunday was a free day and she wanted to make sure that everyone in the family would be there and that everything would go smoothly.

When Aruna spoke with Bhavna about this. The lady's nose twitched as she said, turning her face away from Aruna,, "Muk Dikhai to tum aise bol rahi ho jaise kisi ne unko dekha hi nahi ho. Yaad nahi kaise Yug ki biwi pure mohalle ke samne naukri par jaati hai, tab to uska sheer par palla nahi hota hai. To ab ye sab dhong karne ka kya fayda hmmp!"
(You are speaking as if no one has seen them. Don't remember how Yug's wife goes to work in front of the whole locality, without any veil covering her head. So what is the use of pretending now?)

"Par jiji, agar nahi kiya to phir mohalle wale kya sochege ki Shrivasatava jee ke yaha nayi bahuye aai aur unhone hame bulaya bhi nahi aur phir aap bhi to jagran me unhi aurto ke saath jaati hai. Vo kya sochegi aapke baare me." Aruna made an effort to persuade her. She undoubtedly had some cunning tactics at her disposal, but she rarely used them because Bhavna was older than her and someone she respected, despite occasionally acting unreasonably.
(But sister, if we won't do this then what would the people of the locality think that Shrivastava's has brought the daughters-in-law and they did not even call us and then you also go with those women in the Jagran. What they will think about you.)

Bhavna offered her approval with the addition of "Satya-Narayan Katha" to the house after giving it some thought. She claimed that the serenity of the home has recently been put to a lot of tests. Even though Aruna understood what she was getting at, she nonetheless followed her command and spoke to the family priest, who, by the grace of God, chose this day for God's worship and crooning.

Dev was cheerfully contributing to the effort. With his traditional clothing on, he was already prepared for the pooja. After their chat last night, his heart and his soul were on cloud nine since Sitara had begun to progressively accept his presence in her life. As a result, he had discreetly planned to match his clothes today with Sitara's. And in his opinion, it represented a significant leap. He was overjoyed today.

He hastily hurried to his family's jewelry store this morning, where he waited for his watch to strike the number 7 without fleeing. He instantly dialed a call to the shopkeeper adjacent to his shop, which was a clothing showroom, as the hour needle struck number 7. Nikhil, the owner's son, was a friend who he knew personally. The call was answered by the Nikhil, whose sleepy voice could be heard all the way down the line.

"Open the store." On the phone, Dev yelled.

"Don't you think it's too early to open the shop?" With drowsy tones, Nikhil spoke.

"I'm waiting in front of the store. Come and open it." Dev demanded.

"Yaar, abhi kaun sa time hai shop open karne ka. Aur mai thehera malik, kaisa lagega jab mai workers se pehle pahuchunga aur vo bhi bina nahaye dhoye." Nikhil remarked, sleepily.
(Man, what time is it now to open the shop. And I am the boss, how will I feel when I arrive before the workers and that too without taking a bath?)

"Goddess Laxmi has come here on her own, and you are chasing her away. I'll inform Uncle about how sluggish his son is. You hold on-"

"Hold on, buddy, hold on. Coming right up." Nikhil spoke before hanging up.

And the moment the store opened. Dev burst through the door and made his demands. When Nikhil saw what Dev intended to buy, he yawned and tossed his head angrily in his direction. He chose after a short while. Dev had already purchased a red kurta for himself, but he was still looking for Sitara's outfit. He knew that today was pooja day at the house, thus only sarees were being considered.

"But she didn't know how to wear a saree." He thought, brushing his lips with his left palm as he stood next to the clothing maze he had made. Nikhil shook his head in disbelief at his friend for being a henpecked husband.

"Here." Nikhil forwarded a red saree to him. Although it was quite lovely and complemented the artwork on his dress, his delighted self started to perturb as he remembered his earlier worry.

He was understood by Nikhil, who then enlightened him by saying, "There is such a thing as a pre-stitched saree. It is that thing, which is quite beneficial to someone who is unsure how to wear a saree.

Dev continued to stare at him in confusion because he had no idea what that thing had been called or what it meant. Nikhil groaned and explained the latest trends and current fashion to his friend. Dev's face curved into an O as he realized. He pays the money and thanks Nikhil with an outburst of dazzling smile.

"The next time, don't phone me so early. My sleep has been wrecked by you." Nikhil grumbled, but Dev gave him a hug and left, causing Nikhil to smile and shake his head.

***

Ruhanika had already gone downstairs to double-check the preparations. Everything was going exactly as planned. Earlier, Aruna had prepared the prasad. Dev and Muskan were in charge of the decoration, which was also practically finished. The guests wouldn't come for another hour. She decided to check on Sitara since she suspected that Sitara might have been in a panic due to her thoughts of the saree.

Ruhanika turned the knob to open the door, but when she did, she was startled, leaving her mouth open and her eyes wide.

🎶tu mera khwaab hai
tu mere dil ka qaraar
dekh le jaaneman
dekh le bas ek baar...
🎶

Sitara, dressed in a stunning red saree, was dancing in front of the mirror as a pleasant singing voice filled the space. She was teasing her reflection in the mirror. She seemed ready, but Ruhanika was more interested in her red saree. She had reportedly spotted someone wearing a kurta of the same hue somewhere. Ruhanika grinned gleefully.

Sitara was so engrossed in herself, her singing, and her joyous dancing that she didn't pay Ruhanika any mind despite Ruhanika's attempts to get her attention by clearing her throat. Closing the door, Ruhanika entered and took a seat behind Sitara, gazing at her through the mirror.

Sitara's gaze returned to the mirror, and this time she noticed Ruhanika standing behind her. She came to a sudden halt and swung at her Di. When Ruhanika noticed Sitara's radiant happiness, she experienced similar joy.

"Oho!! You are prepared today prior to my arrival." Ruhanika mused as she corrected Sitara's dispersed curly tendrils with all dances. Her nose twitched as her eyes landed on the curler at the dressing table's end.

"How many times must I caution you against using these damaging devices on your hair? Only they are harmed by it. You're harming these gorgeous locks for just a short while, beauty." said Ruhanika. Sitara sulked as she plopped down on the bed.

"What! Don't pout now! People obsess over straight hair, yet even when you have straight hair, you keep fussing over curls." Ruhanika chastised her and set out in search of the ideal earning for the day for her. Sitara tsked at her sister. Her sister was too predictable.

"Because I adore your curls," Sitara claimed as he looked at Ruhanika's enormous bun, which was accented with jasmine blooms and a few curled tendrils that had broken free, only enhanced the beauty of the woman.

"It's natural, Tara. Aside from that, I prefer your hair. In contrast to me, who is fuzzy, frizzy, and knotted, they are silky smooth and straight." Ruhanika shook her head. She had only kept her hair long because Sitara liked it on her and had assumed responsibility for it. Sitara would apply natural remedies to Ruhanika's hair every Wednesday and Saturday to promote natural growth and a healthy appearance. Twice a week, Sitara would also give Ruhanika a massage as a way of spending time together.

"Oh, by the way, who assisted you in draping the saree? Chachi or Muskan?" When had she discovered the ideal pair of earrings she had been looking for, Ruhanika enquired. Sitara sat up straight and emitted a small blush before shaking her head.

"No. It was Dev who-"

"You mean Dev ji assisted you?" Ruhanika's mouth fell when she heard the name Dev. Ruhanika also narrowed her eyes drastically as she covered her mouth in disbelief, which caused Sitara to flush deeper. Sitara hesitantly nodded as she observed her sister's dramatic gesture. It appeared as though she had dug her own grave.

"No. It's not lik-"

"Haww!! Tara maine to tumhe bas kal samjhaya tha aur aaj to tum..." Ruhanika flickered her eyebrows at Sitara and went on, "...I mean tum to bahut tez nikli huh! When can I expect to become maasi-"
(Tara, I just explained to you yesterday and today you...)
(You are very fast huh!)

Sitara used her hand to cover her sister's mouth. She was already flushed from all the remarks Ruhanika had said and couldn't even look into her eyes due to how embarrassed she felt after hearing her Di's words. Ruhanika patted her palm off her mouth to get them off. Sitara, however, shook her head in disapproval and spoke.

"I won't remove my hands until you stop talking nonsense," Ruhanika bobbed her head slightly. Sitara carefully retracted her hand, warning Ruhanika through her eyes. Ruhanika makes a thin lip line to conceal her smile.

"It is pre-stitched saree, Di. And Dev-" Sitara tried to inform.

"And Dev Ji gave it to you as a present." Ruhanika interrupted her, causing Sitara to frown at her and turn away to show her Di that she was upset with her.

Ruhanika restrained herself from laughing at Sitara's angry expression and held up her hand in submission. "Ok. I apologize." Sitara was swung around by Ruhanika.

Sitara was finished after a final touch-up. When Ruhanika turned to look at Sitara, she stated in a serious voice, "Tara, tell me."

"What, Di!?" Sitara inquired, puzzled, as she packed the items she had scattered around while getting ready.

"Which of the two is more red?" Ruhanika posed a serious query.

"What!??" Sitara inquired, looking at Ruhanika but finding nothing about what she was talking about. She couldn't understand what her sister was saying as she peered at her sister.

"Your face with blush or your red saree." Saying this, Ruhanika sprinted to the door for her safety.

She did not, however, notice the emotional wave that swept over Sitara's face. She went from joyfully flushing to shyness, then when she realized what had happened, her eyes squinted on Ruhanika, who by that point had left the room, but she continued to shout.

"Diii!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ruhanika knew she would be dead meat if her sister caught her since Sitara was screaming her name so loudly. So, in order to protect herself, she quickly opened and shut the door before Sitara could get to her. Ruhanika then sprinted downstairs while grinning contentedly.

***

"Muskan jaao aur apni Bhabhiyo ko bula aao. Sab mehmaan aa gaye hai aur haa, tell them to veil their faces" Muskan was using her phone when Aruna gave the order. Muskan nodded and rose up.
(Muskan go and call your Bhabhis. All the guests have arrived.)

While looking for her Bhabhis upstairs, she came into Ruhanika pacing the hallway. When she noticed that Ruhanika was reluctant to open the door to her own chamber, she furrowed her brows in perplexity. Why? It seemed quite strange. Ruhanika was about to open the door when Muskan called. With a little smile on her lips, she turned and proceeded in the direction of Muskan.

"Chalo, Mumma aapko aur Tara Bhabhi ko bula rahi hai. Guests are here." Muskan informed.
(Let's go. Mumaa is callin gyou and Tara Bhabhi.)

After Ruhanika nodded, they moved in the direction of Sitara's room. Ruhanika was strolling behind Muskan, which struck her as strange because whenever Sitara's name was mentioned before, Ruhanika was always the first to act, so why was she now trailing Muskan? Nonetheless, she didn't pay attention to it and rapped on the door.

After a brief delay, the door opened, revealing Sitara standing exactly how Ruhanika had left her, but without the blush and reddish face. Though Sitara may have been upset with her later, it was nonetheless a sight to behold. Ruhanika reflected.

Ruhanika caught a glimpse of Sitara, who was staring at her without blinking and crossing her arm across her chest. Ruhanika looked away from her while flashing a tight smile.

"Let's go, Bhabhi." Sitara was fixedly staring at Ruhanika when Muskan spoke, and Sitara nodded solemnly.

"Have I missed anything?" Muskan questioned while maintaining her hand on her waist and simultaneously glancing at them. But the silence from the pair caused her to snarl.

"Guys we are getting late. Agar ham abhi niche nahi pahuche to Mumma ne mera galaa pakadna hai. Chalo bhi ab. Pataa nahi kyu ek doosre ko ghoore jaa rahe hai halaki ye kaam to mere bhaiyo ko karna chahiya, itni khubsoorat biwi jo mili hai."
(If we haven't reached downstairs yet, Mumma will have put my throat on it. Come on. I don't understand why they are staring at each other because this is what my brothers should do, after all they have got such a beautiful wife)

Muskan muttered the final phrase before turning to head downstairs. Ruhanika pursued her, and Sitara trailed behind her, glaring at Ruhanika. When they arrived at the staircase, Ruhanika concealed her face with the loose end of her saree, as she attempted to do the same with Sitara, but the latter gave her stink eyes and walked on.

"Muskan zaraa meri madad karna." Sitara spoke while making an effort to adequately conceal her face. Muskan noticed something between the sisters as she stared at them, and Ruhanika was struggling to hold back a chuckle. Sitara was therefore extremely upset with her.
(Muskan help me.)

After fully veiling their faces, the duo approached the steps, and the whispering among visitors came to a halt when Ruhanika and Sitara attracted their attention descending the stairs.

The living room became eerily quiet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 8.4K 50
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
276K 9.8K 74
Shraddha Goel was born with a silver spoon, but she is a humble, kind, and soft girl. When she was twenty-two years old, she married Rohit Mehra, a w...
55.1K 4.8K 17
𝓘 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵. 𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓮𝓽𝓵𝔂. 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓵𝔂. 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝔂. _________★...
1.4M 104K 80
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...