Operation Love Boat- Luffy x...

By kodyakcombs

Luffy has finished his training and now needs to meet up with his crew at Sabody. Boa Hancock will sail him t... More

Night Before Reunion
Reunion
Celebration & Departure
Operation Love Boat!
Sudden Food Crisis?!
Sudden Attack?!
Sea Cowboys?
The Secret Nation
Beautiful & Smart
Bounty Island
Landing
Singularity
Hidden Agendas
The Strongest Bounty Hunter- Tate Tobin
Threat
Qualities Of A Lover
Date In The Town
Dream
Cutting Loose
Invasion
Pirates Vs Bounty Hunters!
War
The Strongest
Battle to The Death
Clash Of Ambition
Returnees
Conclusion
Looming
Pampering
Fellix Crouch
Entanglement
Party
Two Idiots
Bonding?
Decisions And Stances
Request
Identities
Hatred
Luka Murdock
A Great Pirate
The Reveal
Objectives
Challenge
Duel
Drunken In Love
Consequences
????????
Grief & Anger
Investigation
Games
Clue
Madness & Despair
Intermission- Author Talk
Mayhem
Manipulation
Chaos
El Nino
Hunt's On
The Hunter & The Pirate
El Verdugo
Silver Death
Sibling Feud
Broken Hearts
The Main Event
Overwhelming Strength
Life or Death
He Who Sins
Emilio Madero
The Catalyst
The Executioner
The Last Stand
Salvation
Moving Forward
Bright Future
Celebration Of Life
Desires
Goodbye For Now
Their Relationship
Until We Meet Again, My Beloved
Afterthoughts & Announcement

Moving On

406 12 0
By kodyakcombs

The next morning. Thousands of people gathered on the island's shore. Everyone wore black and had veils hanging off their hats. The only ones who didn't wear a veil or hat were Tate, Felix, and the Supreme Five. Tate stood nearest to the ocean waters. Before him were hundreds of boats with coffins on them. The boats were all connected by ropes.

"........."

Tate looked at the boats in silence for a while before closing his eyes.

"May we meet again in the afterlife. I'll listen to your complaints there until the end of time."

He opened his eyes and faced the crowd.

"Today we're here not to mourn, but to celebrate the lives of the fallen! We're here to praise the brave heroes who fought to protect their loved ones and the island we call home!"

His voice reached every corner of the island.

"We wear these veils not because we're afraid to be seen crying, no! We wear them because these heroes only deserve to see our smiles! We muffle our sobs because they only deserve to hear our laughter! We will not stain their memories with sorrow! We will honor them and ensure they will always be associated with joy!"

He pulled a knife from his vest and faced the ocean.

"I swear before you, my fallen brethren, that your memories will be passed down from this generation to the next! Your flesh may have died by your soul will live forever in tales and songs!"

He used the knife to slit his palm and showed his bloodstained blade and bloodied hand.

"I swear upon my blood that I will make you legends!"

Felix and the Supreme Five also slit their palms and showed them to the boats. Soon everybody young and old did the same. A million droplets of blood hit the earth as they all made a blood oath in unity.

"Caria."

Tate stretched his hand out and Caria handed him a bow and arrow. He nocked the arrow and pulled the string. Luka brought a lit torched to the tip soaked in oil and lit it.

"With this arrow, I send you off on your next voyage!"

He released the arrow and hit a boat with oil inside. The flames engulfed the boat and spread to the oil-soaked ropes. The flames spread from boat to boat through the ropes until they were all engulfed.

"....I am sorry."

Tate mumbled as he brought his bow down.

"I really am."

His eyes became moist but that was it. No tears were shed in front of those who had fallen. It was not only him, Felix and the kids all held back the tears. Tate held his high and took a deep breath.

"Thank you for your service!"

He roared as he saluted.

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!"

The crowd echoed as they all saluted. The flames of the burning boats could be heard with occasional muffled sobs. The flames reflected in Tate's eyes. He didn't blink as if trying not to miss a single moment. He stood with a broad back. A back everyone would subconsciously look towards to prevent themselves from breaking down.

"I have to admit. That man is a great leader."

Hancock mumbled as she watched the funeral with Luffy and the Kuja by her side. They were on top of a building that overlooked the shore.

"I know that it was a sad event but he was so epic."

Luffy spoke with a smile.

"I'm sure nobody who died regrets giving their lives for such a person."

The girls nodded in agreement.

"They say they're gonna have a feast to celebrate the fallen later."

Elder Nyon said.

"Feast?!"

Luffy's ears perked up.

"Yup, and we're invited."

"Alright!"

"Luffy, people are grieving down there. Keep it down a bit."

Elder Nyon said.

"Sorry, my bad."

Luffy put his hands over his mouth.

"I'll make sure you get the best meat later, Luffy."

Hancock smiled at him.

"Thanks but I can get my own meat. I'll get some for you though."

"My, how considerate!"

Hancock was on the verge of crying for some reason. Elder Nyon sighed.

"Do you two take anything seriously?"

"Love!"

"Meat!"

She sighed and again and shook her head.

"Snake Princess, could I talk to you privately?"

"No, I'm spending time with my darling."

"Just come here."

Elder Nyon grabbed Hancock's arm and started pulling her.

"Unhand me! Luffy, I'll be back!"

Luffy waved at the departing Hancock before returning to watching the funeral. Once they were some distance away, Elder Nyon released Hancock.

"Why are you disturbing my time with Luffy?!"

Hancock complained.

"I want to talk about what you and Luffy did yesterday."

"What we did? You mean fight?"

"No, the other thing."

"Other thing?"

A memory of her kissing Luffy flashed in her mind.

"How do you know about our kiss?!"

Elder Nyon was taken aback.

"So you guys really doing naughty stuff in the room last night?!"

"Huh? Last night? What are you talking about? I kissed Luffy the night before."

"Huh?"

The two looked at each other in confusion.

"Wait, let's back up a bit. You kissed Luffy?"

Hancock nodded.

"Where?"

"At the tavern. When we were partying I got jealous and kissed him when I was drunk."

"Damn, good going girl..."

Elder Nyon mumbled.

"Wait, so what were you two doing in the room last night?"

"Oh, we played doctor."

"You played doctor? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?"

"What are you talking about, old woman?"

Hancock said.

"I haven't been this confused since I first met Gecko Moria...Like, what is he?"

Elder Nyon looked at Hancock for a bit and shook her head.

"You still don't have that adult woman aura....I guess nothing really happened after all."

"I don't know why, but I felt I was greatly disrespected just now."

"It's nothing, it's nothing."

Elder Nyon dismissed the frowning Hancock.

"Anyway, keep in mind we need to make the people here trust us. Luckily, your actions yesterday laid the foundation, so it shouldn't be that hard."

"Like I said, just leave it to Luffy!"

Hancock proudly shouted.

The funeral service came to an end and the residents slowly returned to their normal lives. The town was bustling with people drinking and talking about random stuff. It was as if the funeral never happened.

"They bounce back quickly."

Ran said as the Kuja girls walked around town in their disguises.

"That's proof of a solid system I guess."

"I don't see anything wrong with it. The mayor said everything that needed to be said. I'm sure those who died want them to move on like this."

Luffy said.

"When I die, I want all of my friends to have a grand party celebrating my life. I don't want them to mope around crying but instead reflect on the adventures we had together."

He looked up in the air at a bird flying above them.

"I want them to continue having their own adventures and enjoy the rest of their days. And then when we meet again, they can tell me about all the cool stuff they did."

He was all smiles. A thud came from beside him. Everyone looked and saw Hancock slumped on the ground.

"What happened?! Are you still sick?!"

Luffy picked her up.

"N-No, it's just..."

Hancock spoke with a weak voice.

"I imagined you dying and my heart momentarily stopped."

"Oh, it's just that."

Luffy helped her stand straight.

"Would you be sad?"

Hancock nodded vigorously.

"I don't think I could smile again after. I might be tempted to follow you."

"That is one thing you should never do."

Luffy spoke with a rare stern tone which made Hancock freeze up.

"Hancock, you have your own life to live. People who depend on you. If I die, just make a toast to my name and move on. It's okay to cry, but you need to laugh twice as much."

He locked eyes with Hancock.

"Live your life as you should, Hancock. That is how I would want you to respond to my death."

Hancock remained quiet for a long time before reluctantly nodding. This caused Luffy to smile.

"That's great. Then, let's enjoy the life we have together."

"Yes."

Hancock started smiling as well.

"You two are flirting in public again, huh?"

They turned their head and saw Caria approaching them.

"Oh, Butterfly Girl!"

Luffy walked up to her and shook her hand.

"Thanks for saving me yesterday. I really owe you one."

"It's nothing."

"I would like to thank you as well, Caria."

Hancock walked up to Caria and bowed her head to the dismay of the Kuja.

"You saved the most important person in my life. For that, I'm eternally grateful."

"...I never expected someone like you to lower their head."

"That's how much of a debt I have to you."

"I see."

Caria coughed with a slight blush.

"If you want to pay me back, then come to the feast tonight and meet someone for me."

"Who?"

Caria smiled.

"Our Young Leader, Jessie Lockhart." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.3K 24
Luffy and Nami, two complete strangers, learn to love each other through their arranged marriage. -A One Piece Fanfic with the pairing Luffy and Na...
71.1K 3.1K 28
"From wherever he was right now, Luffy was giving her life a meaning." Airi and Luffy shared the same hometown, from the day they met, they immediate...
7.8K 254 31
Two Part Series: Book One Nakoto Ui is a proud woman. Luffy is a brave man. The two childhood friends are reunited, but under dire circumstances. Ui...
46.4K 2.2K 23
You are a tired, underpaid over-caffeinated college student with no fear or shame that works part-time at a bar. There, you meet big scary men you ha...