Chaotic Marriage (Vol I)

By DuskyGurl

Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had... More

Chaotic Marriage
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Author's Note (Important ⚠︎⚠︎)
Author note 2

Chapter 9

4.1K 304 40
By DuskyGurl

Everyone except Vinay, who had left on business, and Ram, who had already left the house due to an emergency in the shop, started to arrive at the dinner table as it slowly began to fill up.

The ladies had all taken their seats, and platters were piled high with food. Bhavna gave the sisters a stern look as they approached the table to take a seat. Sitara, who had almost sat down with her buttocks on the chair, stood up leisurely and gazed at Bhavna.

When she realized what was happening, Muskan almost chuckled. Every day has been intriguing since his Bhabhis arrived. She was excited about today.

"Ohh!! Mai to bhul hi gayi." Sitara smacked her forehead theatrically and walked over to her sister, who was staring at her suspiciously with an expression that said, 'Don't make any mess.' Aruna inhaled deeply, bracing herself for any trouble her second daughter-in-law might start. She was a complete troublemaker.
(Oh! I forgot.)

"Aapke pyaare bachho ko to shahi farmaan aur subh muhurat chahiye hota hai na dining table par padharne ke liye. Rukiye mai abhi bata kar aati hu unko ki subh muhurat ho gaya hai." Sitara chuckled as she hurried upstairs to call Dev, who was just about to descend.
(Your dear children needed a royal decree and  auspicious time to grace us with their presence. I got it. I will call him.)

When Dev noticed her broad smile, she was giving him. He had a feeling that she was up to no good.

Sitara remarked, "I was just coming to call you," and she waited for him to step forward, but Dev remained still. After glancing at his feet, she turned to face him. Dev followed her eyes.

"Kya hua? Pairo me fevicol lag gaya hai kya? Chalo niche."When Sitara shoved him, he gave her a weird look and then went downstairs. Sitara pursued after him.
(What happened!? Is you feet glued to the ground? Let's go downstairs.)

When they arrived downstairs. The people were standing in the same place they were before Sitara left. Dev took his seat and delved into his meal, hoping that his cheeky wife would remain calm.

Ruhanika was unaware of it because she was preoccupied with worrying about what her sister was up to, but Bhavna's attention was now focused on her. Sitara, however, became aware of it and lightly prodded her sister, saying, "Aree! Di. Aap nahi jaayegi apne pati parmeshwar ko bulane uhh??"
(Sister, won't you go to call you dear husband?)

Ruhanika gave her a solemn look with her eyes, signaling her to cease her act, but Sitara had to listen to anyone. Nahh!!

"Aree Di! jaaiye bula aaiye apne pati ko kyoki abhi to vo chhota bachha hai. Kahi khana khatam ho gaya to rone hi na lage. Hai na Bua ji, aapka pyaara, dulara chhota sa rajkumar hmm." Sitara spoke haughtily to Bhavna, batting her eyelashes and emphasizing the word "chhota" throughout the entire phrase.
(Oh Di, go and call your husband because he is still young. What if all the breakfast and finished and he started to cry. Right Bua ji, after all he is your cute, lovely little princess.)

Dev choked on his lunch after hearing this, while Muskan laughed out loud while afterward coughing to cover up her crime of delight. Aruna quickly handed Dev a glass of water, and he quickly downed it while staring at Sitara and her extra-large grin. She certainly felt like shaking his Bhavna bua. But in anger or annoyance, it was debatable.

Ruhanika stared at her sister in shock. She also didn't want to confront Yug at this time. She and Yug reportedly got into a fight again in the room in the early hours. Right now, she didn't want to see his face.

But, upon noticing several pairs of eyes on her, she chose to do the opposite and made heavy steps towards the room that wasn't hers, and Yug didn't leave a single minute to tell her so. She thought before going through the door, hoping for him to simply disappear into thin air, but that wasn't possible.

As soon as she walked into the room, the messy surroundings attracted her attention. It appeared as though a hurricane had made landfall. The damp towel was splayed out across the small couches she liked to sit on, in his absence. His clothing from the day before was on the floor, and some of them had tumbled around the closet, lamenting the way he had treated them so callously. His unkempt personality was amply displayed by the disarray in the room.

He was there, clothed in a business suit that matched his eyes' extreme darkness. He was checking himself out in the mirror, styling his hair in a chic man-bun. He grabbed the cufflinks from the nightstand after spraying on some cologne. 

So, what happened to him now? But it wasn't her responsibility to be concerned about it. Uski marzi jo chaye pehne aur jo chahe kare. Mujhe kya! She deliberated and tapped on the door to get his attention. She was successful because he turned to face her and promptly began straightening his suit with his hands, smoothing out any wrinkles that may have developed.

After swallowing her frustration, Ruhanika tried again, "Shall we go down?"

When he got up and went over to the door, she exhaled a sigh of relief. However, that joy was fleeting as he approached her, towering above her, and asked in a husky voice, "Was the water cold? Has your bath been pleasant?

Ruhanika clenched her hands but remained silent. Her eyes glowed with animosity and she recalled the early-morning incident he was referring to.

Around four in the morning, she was still asleep when a loose screw guy decided to turn up the music loud. She was startled out of her slumber and nearly fell over because she always forgets that her bed is no longer stable but rather is suspended in midair.

Rubbing her eyes, she turned to glance around and noticed that loudspeakers all around her were playing a loud, obnoxious rock song. She focused on the part of the gym where Yug was performing push-ups. And sure, ladies and gentlemen, he was in his shorts and lacked both pants and a shirt.

When she noticed his gazing at her, her eyes widened. She was so embarrassed by being caught staring at him that she quickly covered her face with a blanket, turned away, and slumped down on the hanging bed with a cushion in her ears to block the sound from entering her hearing organs.

Cold water splattered on her body as she was once more drifting off to sleep, drenching her completely. She shivered at how cold the water was. Her body instantly turned numb with sensation. In fact, she even heard something drop, and she immediately pulled back the blanket out of worry that it might be her phone. However, it was actually the chink of ice cubes covering the ground.

She gave him a scathing look and prepared to yell at him when she felt her clothes cling to her body and became aware that he was watching her. She quickly pulled a blanket around herself before entering the room, but she had overheard him mumble, "As if I would ever be interested in her."

And that's how she'd washed twice, and her sleep had been ruined as well. She had been cranky ever since for this reason, but she didn't express it to anyone and instead kept quiet to prevent a fight.

After hearing his story of triumph, she was so tempted to snip his wings, but she restrained herself because speaking with him would be like hitting her head against a wall and would just give her a headache.

Going downstairs, he grabbed his work bag. When they arrived in the dining area, everyone's attention was drawn to them. Ruhanika sat down next to Yug, who blatantly ignored her presence. She didn't mind; instead, she was content. 

"Lo aa gaye."
(Look, they came.)

When Ruhanika left, Sitara sat down quietly munching on the breakfast after all it was her favorite, poha upma. Dev sighed finding her sitting quietly and eating her lunch but that relief was short lived as he saw how her eyes shined with mischief when Yug and Ruhanika came down.

"Muskan, dekho aa gaye baby Shrivastava."
(See Muskan, baby Shrivastava had graced his presence)

Sitara's words caused Muskan to gasp. Without a doubt, neither her tall and gloomy Yug brother nor the glaring Bhavna bua frightened her Bhabhi. She had no fear.

When Yug heard her, he halted just as he was about to devour the first bite. He gave her a harsh look, which she returned arrogantly. She then made a dramatic frowning face and said, "Oh, you didn't know. Ah, I see. After all, you must have rested yesterday after all aapki shaadi kitni kam umra me ho gayi nahi! Aap to abhi kaafi chhote hai to sambalne ka mauka hi nhi mila hoga, Time hi nhi mila hoga iss dukh, dard aur peeda se bahar nikale ka nahi!?
(You got married at such a young age. No!? You are still very young.)

Yug gritted his teeth. He didn't like the way she talked, but when his brother curtly nodded, he was powerless to object. He got the signal, stood up, and headed out without eating breakfast.

Everyone finished eating shortly after, and Dev followed suit. Ruhanika was clearing the table when Bhavna approached her. After entering the kitchen to store the leftover breakfast in the refrigerator, Sitara stepped back outside and encountered Bhavna. She kept a watchful stance next to Ruhanika.

"I heard you wish to join your job again," Bhavna said with an impish smile on her face. Ruhanika gave a nod. Bhavna sat in the head chair with one leg crossed over the other.

But Vinay is out of town and won't be back for a few more weeks. So, do you dare to join the job without his approval?" Bhavna said arrogantly while glancing at Sitara, who was watching them and had an annoyed look on her face.

"I respect everyone here, especially the elder, so I thought to convey him," She said. "It's not that I don't dare." Upon hearing that, Sitara grinned brightly. That's her, Di. When it comes to self-esteem, she never yields. Ruhanika curtly nodded at Bhavna and was ready to head to the kitchen when Bhavna's response stopped her.

"I'll let you go to work starting tomorrow if you complete a task for me."

"What!?" Sitara exclaimed.

"You see," Bhavna stated, with a cynical smirk. "The cleaner comes twice a week to clean this large house, and it is extremely enormous. And this house hasn't been cleaned properly in months. So, if Sitara can clean the house by herself, your sister is good to go for the job."

"You don't need to do this, Tara—," Ruhanika spun around and peered dismissively at Bhavna before shaking her head unfavorably.

"I'll take care of it. Talk with your school principal. You will re-join from tomorrow." Sitara nudged Ruhanika, who had a worried expression on her face. 

"We'll wait for Uncle," Ruhanika said subtly. She gently assured Sitara as she took hold of her face in her palm.

"And you believe he will defy his cherished sister's wishes? Di, I'm not stupid." Sitara murmured. Ruhanika knew nothing could escape Sitara's piercing eyes. And the rest of the time Sitara just threw tantrums to grab her sister's attention.

"And ladies, forget the promise if my work is not finished by tomorrow morning by 9." Bhavna swaggered off while smirking to herself. 

Sitara won't be able to clean the entire house in a single day because Bhavna had complete faith in their prior extravagant way of life the Verma sisters had where servants were ready to ten their needs.

She only wished for the following day to come soon and see the defeated faces of Verma sisters especially Sitara's face.

Updating Schedule: Daily except Sunday.❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Love Together By Radhi_

General Fiction

838K 46.8K 36
𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 1 𝙤𝙛 #𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 ࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚ "𝐀𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭" is the youngest son of the Rajput...
1.4M 96.7K 70
'Cold love is like a winter night without stars-Dark and unforgiving.' Yudhishthir × Ruhi She was like a fragile rose, a symbol of...
549K 18.2K 42
𝙄𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 [𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱] 𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘸𝘢�...
768K 44.7K 55
(#1 of 'Thakur brother's series') "The day my eyes completed the journey of his eyes, I forgot all my pain..." ADVIKA SEN In my 22 years of life, I...