Fifty Shades Of Red | Charles...

By formulafanfic1

"He set my world on fire, colouring it fifty shades of red. I was bound to get burned." The conflict between... More

Dedication
Characters
1. Hit And Run
2. Ferrari
3. On And Off Track
4. Not Your Friend
5. Deal
6. Eyes On Me
7. Charles
8. Red
9. Winning
10. Rivalry
11. Complicated
12. My Way
13. Race To Win
14. Playing The Part
15. Lucky
17. In Love
18. Dangerously Close
19. Secret Spot
20. Angry Boyfriend Act
21. No Touching
22. My Responsibility
23. Professional
24. Eyes Off Of You
25. Denial
26. The Enemy
27. Just Me
28. Fake It
29. The Possibility Of Us
30. The Real Thing
31. Comeback
32. Forever
33. Him Or Me
34. One Last Ride
35. Dead To Me
36. Trouble
37. Traitors
38. Fifty Shades Of Red
39. Survive
40. Remember
41. Motives
42. Lights Out

16. Mon Amour

30.3K 744 486
By formulafanfic1

Hailey's pov

Kika walks beside me, both of us making our way down the stairs where Charles and Pierre are waiting outside the hotel.

I take a look at Charles but then immediately shift my attention to where I'm walking, afraid I might fall from staring too long at him. He's wearing a matching shirt and pants, all in white, looking like a prince straight out of a fairytale.

Pierre approaches Kika, with a bright smile on his face, complimenting her and giving her a light peck on the lips.

I wounder what it feels like, to be loved like that by someone. It seems so easy but it is completely hard for me whenever I try.

The couple turn their heads towards us, waiting for a greeting from both me and Charles. I just stand there, not knowing what to do. I know I should hug Charles, or kiss him, or say 'hi', or do something other than look dumbfounded but it's hard when Charles seems like he's frozen in place. All I manage to offer is a small smile.

Charles just stands there, his mouth slightly open like he's in awe, looking at me. My self esteem starts running low because of the way he's staring at me. I can't read his expression, I can't figure out what is going through his mind right now.

"Mate?" Pierre hits Charles on the ribs with his elbow, bringing him back to reality.

"Ehem." Charles clears his throat and blinks a few times "Sorry mon amour." He says and puts his arm around me, his grip tight around my waist, pulling me closer and towards him.

I almost flinch at his nickname. I try to remind myself that it's not real, that he doesn't actually mean it but as he slowly caresses my lower back, I almost fail.

Once I'm in his embrace, close enough to smell his cologne, Charles presses his lips to my cheek, giving me a soft kiss and taking me completely by surprise.

"You look absolutely breathtaking." He compliments loud enough for our friends to hear. He looks in my eyes as he says it and a part of me wonders if he actually meant it.

Suddenly Pierre pulls out a red rose, with a ribbon on the stem, gently and carefully prepared beforehand. He gives it to Kika as her eyes light up and I can feel Charles stiffen from beside me while letting out a long sigh.

"Sorry." He says and I turn to look at him "I forgot."

"It's fine." I gently say.

It's not like I was expecting Charles to show up with flowers for me or anything. For this reason, I'm not even disappointed.

We all start walking towards our cars that are parked next to each other.

Charles takes my hand in his, guiding me towards his ferrari but he lets go as soon as Pierre and Kika aren't looking. He opens the car door for me, just in case there is paparazzi around and helps me into the car before making his way towards the driver's seat. Silence fills the car as soon as he gets in and I try to think of something to say that might ease the situation we're in.

"Try not to break anything this time." Charles says and starts the car, the smile he was faking slowly fading.

Charles is not prince charming, this is not a fairytale and we're not in love.

I look out of the window the entire drive.

-—————

Camera lights are flashed at us when we arrive at a luxurious club. I reach for the car door, but Charles takes me by my wrist, stopping me.

"Wait here." He says and gets out of the car, making his way towards my side as more photos are taken.

I've never had someone take care of me in this way. Which is funny to think. Charles is doing the bare minimum. I'm the one who clearly is not used to all of this.

After opening the car door for me, he offers his hand to help me out when I realise that my dress has rolled up a bit from sitting down.

I immediately reach at the bottom of it, scared that pictures are being taken even though nothing alarming is showing. I pull it down to adjust it and Charles steps in front of me, his hands resting on my waist as his body is blocking me from the paparazzi.

"All good?" He asks, looking down at my dress and my face turns a little bit red.

"Yeah." I barely manage to say and we both turn, now facing the entrance of the club.

A feeling of uneasiness washes over me, making me feel a bit anxious with all the people around me so I unintentionally cling closer to Charles. His thumb starts stroking my waist which calms me down. I wonder if he can feel me tensed up and is trying to calm me down.

This is the first time we've gone out together in public, officially as a 'couple'. I can already tell how we're all the tabloids will be written about for tomorrow.

Charles leans in, brushing my hair off my shoulders and kisses my neck, just below my ear. It's happens very quick but the warmth of his lips can still be felt where he kissed me and I let out a small breath I was holding.

"Smile for the cameras." His voice is cold, but his body language is the opposite.

He's good at this pretend thing.

I put on the best smile I got and by the time we're walking inside, my cheeks are aching.

"The it couple has arrived everyone!" Lando shouts as soon as he sees us, making everyone who is seated at a long table turn their heads to look at us.

Cheers and claps welcome us as we approach them, making my body explode in goosebumps.

I don't think I'm ready to do this. I genuinely feel like I might throw up. I take a look at Charles beside me, but he looks so calm.

When we get at the table, everyone greets us and gives us huge smiles, making me feel more at ease. For some reason, I thought they wouldn't approve of this, our 'relationship' but they all seem so happy for us. Except for one.

Max is sitting at the end of the table, he doesn't get up to greet us or even congratulate me for my win. His face is emotionless, not it's usual smiling one, which makes me feel even worse. I wish he would come up to me, scream at me or do something other than pretend I'm not even here. Our eyes lock for a moment and when I see the pain in them, I curse myself a hundred times as guilt fills me from the inside.

Suddenly, Max gets up from his seat, walking away from the others.

"Max, wait!" I shout and start walking towards him but a grip on my forearm stops me.

"Come sit next to me mon amour."

Charles pulls out the chair next to his. I look towards where Max is walking off to and then back at Charles, who raises his eyebrows at me. Everyone else is also staring, so I decide to sit down instead. Hopefully I can try to Max later if that is even possible.

"Is something going on between you and Max?" Charles whispers, his head in my neck, making sure that no one else is listening "I've seen you both before, and you seem close, but is it serious?"

"As if I would tell you."

"So there is something between you two?" Charles looks at me this time and I bite my tongue.

I'm not going to tell him that there might be something going on between me and Max because first of all, I'm not sure myself and second of all, I'm not a hundred percent sure that he won't run his mouth to the media, destroying my career when it has barely even started.

"It's none of your business, mon amour." I taunt.

"I'm your boyfriend." He begins to say and grabs a lock of my hair, pulling it behind my ear "I feel like I have the right to know this little detail."

"Since you're practically begging me to tell you..." I grab his hand, pulling it away from me "No, there's nothing going on."

"Good." Charles shifts a little in his seat, taking his drink and  taking a sip "I don't like sharing."

I turn my head to look at him, unsure if I heard him right but he avoids my gaze.

"I can't believe you two are dating." Lewis says, bringing the attention on him. He tries to contain his laughter, slightly shaking his head in disbelief.

You and me both dude.

I kindly smile at him and then reach for my glass of champagne on the table, taking a sip because I will need some alcohol to survive this night.

"Well, I can." Carlos suddenly says while taking a sip out of his own drink.

"How come?" I ask intrigued by his words.

Since the first moment we met, it was clear to everyone that me and Charles didn't really get along. We didn't like each other but that was all it was at first. Then we started having arguments about small things which turned messy because of our competitiveness on track. It seemed like we would gladly get rid of each other if we got the chance so honestly, I don't blame people if they think that it's unbelievable that we're dating.

"I always suspected something was going on between you two." Carlos says, pointing his finger at us "I mean it was so damn obvious, the tension...the stolen glances you gave each other and also Charles wouldn't stop talking about you."

I almost choke at my drink.

"It was always Hailey this, Hailey that..."

"Carlos mate, I think that's enough." Charles interrupts him, his face slightly flushed with embarrassment.

"Dios, it was so annoying." Carlos chuckles.

"Honestly Hailey?" Daniel says, turning to me "I'm very hurt that I wasn't the first one to know." He puts his hand over his chest, pretending to be hurt.

"Sorry Danny, if I could tell anyone, you'd be the first to know." I wink at him.

"No but seriously, why didn't you guys tell anyone?" Lando asks.

"Ugh well we-" I begin to say but Charles interrupts me.

"I wanted to keep her all to myself for a bit longer." His hand lands on my shoulder, pulling me a bit towards him. "Is that such a crime?"

Before I can think my actions through, I lean in and kiss his cheek. Charles smiles at me, his dimples showing. This is really a rare sight so I continue looking at him, taking everything in. A bit of my lipstick has stained his cheek, leaving my lips imprinted there. I reach with my thumb, trying to clean it up but Charles removes my hand.

"Don't wipe it, leave it there."

Charles turns, strucking conversation with Pierre but I can't look away. Why does he have to be so freaking flawless? It makes everything so much harder.

Max then returns to his seat and my eyes land on him. I try getting his attention but he won't look my way. Besides the uneasiness that has settled in my stomach, I can feel a hand placed on my thigh. Charles grip tightens a bit when he realises Max is back at the table.

Thankfully, the attention drifts away from me and Charles and we all begin talking about today's race. The entire place fills up with laughter and for the first time in awhile I feel myself loosen up a bit, feel more secure, more like myself around people. I feel like I belong here.

After awhile, Carlos requests the dj to play 'Smooth Operator', making a few people head to the dance floor, bringing the party alive.

"Excuse me, but I need to use the restroom." I excuse myself when I get the urge to pee.

"Are you okay?" Charles asks.

"Yeah I'm okay, I just had too much champagne."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Kika asks, already getting up.

"It's alright, you should stay with Pierre." I say and chuckle when I see her boyfriend sleeping on the couch.

I walk towards the bathroom slowly, the drinks I had making it hard for me to contain my balance.

Charles didn't let me have too many drinks so why do I feel drunk?

As soon as I enter the bathroom, someone else gets in, locking the door behind.

"Why are you here?"

————————————————————————
WROTE A LONG CHAPTER, HOPE YOU ENJOYED <3

ALSO, WHAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST RACE?😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 3.1K 36
Alex was on a plane to Barcelona. Unexpectedly she made friends with two guys who sat next to her. They were touristing in the city. Thinking she wou...
25K 455 45
When the first female F1 driver is announced, no one expects her to get on so badly with Ferrari golden boy Charles Leclerc, but do they really hate...
56.5K 850 22
The past year has gone from bad to worse for Charles Leclerc. He lost the World Championship to his greatest rival and then his three year relationsh...
12.3K 283 10
"Fuck you Leclerc. Fuck you, your shit driving, your trophies, your podiums, your-" He grabbed my wrists. "You done yet?" Victoria Riley. One of Fer...