Chaotic Marriage (Vol I)

By DuskyGurl

Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had... More

Chaotic Marriage
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Author's Note (Important ⚠︎⚠︎)
Author note 2

Chapter 5

4.7K 309 61
By DuskyGurl

"Here, take these pleats and tuck them in."

Sitara followed the instructions like a good pupil under Ruhanika's guidance. She was dejected a short while ago but is now ecstatic.

"At least now the lady Hitler won't glare and taunt me." Sitara grinned triumphantly.

Ruhanika smacked her back reprimanding her, "Don't say like that. She is elder to us."

Sitara's tongue stuck out and her nose twitched in response to her Di's logic. "She may be older, but so what? She still had no right to make fun of us. All of this is new to us."

"So are these for them who are waiting outside for us. Jitna mere aur tumhare liye mushkil hai utna hi unke liye bhi."

Softly explaining, Ruhanika spoke to her. Sitara nodded in understanding of everything. It's not like she didn't realize how delicate the situation seemed and how fragile all of these newly established relationships are. These elders ought to be aware of that as well.

"Who wants unexpected troubles in their household in the name of two new additions?" Ruhanika chimed in.

As she spoke, Sitara flipped her hair back in attitude,"Agar vo musibat itni khubsurat ho to harz hi kya hai. Mai to ek jagah do musibat paal lu."
(If that problem is this beautiful then I don't mind two.)

Ruhanika shook her head negatively and grinned at Sitara's narcissism.

"You're now ready."

Ruhanika attached the loose end of the saree to Sitara's right shoulder and gave a thumbs up. In her final reflection, Sitara grinned at herself. She appeared to be presentable. Except for the crimson hue that proudly rested on her forehead, she continued to look as vibrant and active as she was before. The past 24 hours were the worst day of her life.

Sitara rasped, "Let's go," as she prepared to leave the room. Ruhanika grinned, but her grin faded as soon as Sitara appeared to step out of room.

"Stop right there."

Sitara stopped walking when she heard Ruhanika's anxious voice and turned to face her sister. A grim expression etched across Ruhanika's face as she browsed through her jewelry box. She rushed in the direction of Sitara when she discovered her needed item.

"Tara, Wear these."

Ruhanika forwarded her jhumka (Earrings) matching to her dress.

"Di."

Sitara rolled her eyes as she watched her sister become irrationally infatuated with this ornament. Ruhanika was completely obsessed with jhumkas (earrings). Her jewelry box contains a wide variety of jhumkas. From tiny to huge, affordable to expensive, and locally produced to a limited edition.

"What!?"

Says Ruhanika as she descends the stairs. Sitara shook her head disapprovingly and wore them lagging after her sister.

When they got downstairs, there was complete silence. No joyously chattering voice was heard, which was unusual for Ruhanika, while Sitara pondered, "Kaise khushi se nasta karenge sab. Bua ji ko dekhar hi bhukh bhi mar jaati hogi."
(How can they have breakfast happily? The hunger must have died just after seeing Bua ji.)

Vinay was seated in the head chair. Bhavna Bua was seated on his right side, while another elderly man, who resembled Vinay and Bhavna, was seated on his left side. He was the younger brother of Vinay, Ram.

Dev sat next to Ram, and the two of them chatted about the ISRO's highly successful Chandrayaan program. Muskan ate her food in one swift gulp while sitting next to Dev, barely chewing anything. Looks like she was in rush.

The sisters moved cautiously in the direction of the dinner table. Bhavna narrowed her eyes at them, laughed sarcastically, and exclaimed rudely when she saw them.

"Chalo, akhir inn maharaniyo ne darshna to diye. Varna hame to lagaa ki kahi duphar hi naa ho jaye inhe uthne me."
(Finally, these queen's graced us with their presence. Otherwise I thought, that it might not be late in the afternoon for them to get up.)

Sitara's eyes met the woman's and she stared boldly at her. Bhavna scowled at her. Nobody made any comments. Ruhanika took a peek around the dining room. Dev and Muskan had sympathetic and pitying looks for them. Vinay was preoccupied with his meal and completely disregarded them, acting unlike he wasn't the person last night discussing the marriage.

Ram said, "Leave it jiji," as he turned to face Bhavna. "They have just arrived here." He didn't appear to be as stern as his siblings.

Bhavna frowned at him and slammed her spoon down with a thud, making a pricking noise, "They should also understand that. Despite the fact that there are numerous rituals to be performed, they slept as if it were their father's home. Tameez naam ki to cheez hai hi nahi hai inme."(they don't have manners.)

Sitara's hands clenched firmly. Ruhanika shook her head in disapproval.

"Bua, everybody is here and at the breakfast table on time," Dev spoke out, and Muskan discreetly gave him the thumbs up knowing Bhavna would have "praised" her as well if she found out.

Bhavna mockingly laughed, "Dekho isse. Abhi ek pura din bhi nhi hua hai shadi kiye hua aur ye abhi se hi apni patni ki tarafdaari kar rahaa hai."
(Look at him. It hasn't even been a day since he got married and he is already taking his wife's side.)

The atmosphere at the dinner table became increasingly tense until Aruna arrived as a rescuer. Dev and the Verma sisters would have both been 10 feet below the surface of the earth if Aruna would have been late by second.

"I've got your simple breakfast ready, Jiji." Aruna placed the bowl in front of Bhavna, who didn't look at her.

"Aruna, bring them and perform the kitchen rite. And don't assist them. "

Bhavna spoke bluntly. Aruna nodded in understanding. Ruhanika and Sitara were led by her to the kitchen.

The abundance of wood in the kitchen gave off a retro vibe.

You have your first rasoi today, then. Therefore, you two must prepare a sweet dish. Here are all the ingredients, and the rest is..." Aruna described every detail and where everything was located. She gave them an overview of the kitchen in a nutshell.

"And if you could make it a little bit quicker, everyone starts heading to work at 9." Aruna smiled and continued to explain things until Bhavna called her out. She left while flashing a supportive grin.

Sitara turned around after Aruna had left, her face furrowed in apprehension, and she said, "Di." She called Ruhanika, concerned. Apparently, Sitara doesn't have any stars in the cooking. She was practically worse than a child because she couldn't even properly boil water. Ruhanika, though, was a decent cook.

"Why fear when you Di is here, huh!!?"

Ruhanika wiggled her brows, which made Sitara laugh. Ruhanika gave Sitara a shoulder pat and then got into position to prepare something nice.

"Simply hand me the ingredient when I ask. Ok?" Because it is the only assistance Sitara can offer from her side, she bobbled her head, agreeing.

"What are you-" Ruhanika gave her a stern look. Sitara revised her words before offering her humble grin. "I mean, what are we going to cook?"

Ruhanika nodded in agreement with her remarks since, whatever they were doing, they were doing it together and, even if Sitara's contribution was little, it was nevertheless a contribution.

"We're going to make sooji ka halwa and Kheer."

Sitara had gleaming eyes. She liked both, but Kheer was her favorite. She loved sweet things. She leaped with joy and gave her Di a hug. Ruhanika faltered a little but managed to stand her ground and scoop Sitara up in her arms. "Shall we get started before-"

However, Ruhanika was interrupted in the middle of her sentence, and Sitara said, "Before that LH taunt us again."

Ruhanika turned on the burner while frowning in perplexity, "LH!?"

"Lady Hitler," said Sitara as she handed her milk with a nod.

"Tara."

Sisters prepared the two delectable dishes in 20 minutes after Ruhanika grumbled and warned her once again about calling Bhavna bua lady hitler. Once the kitchen has been cleaned and the dishes have been arranged in the casserole. They took them out.

While Sitara was holding halwa, Ruhanika was carrying kheer. Muskan grinned broadly as she saw them. With the exception of Dev, the number of individuals at the table stayed unchanged. He was nowhere to be seen. Aruna had also taken her place beside Ram.

Aruna signaled them, and Ruhanika understood them. She gave Sitara a nudge, and they plucked the tiny potion from the container and served it to everyone.

Everyone tried the sweet dish.

"It's amazing, Bhabhis." She took some more from the casserole on her own and dug it again. Aruna joined her daughter in nodding in agreement. The mother and daughter pair received a smile from the sisters.

Ram and Vinay ate it quietly, and when they were finished, they took out an envelope laden with money and presented it to them as a good omen. Ruhanika exhaled a sigh of relief. This move was sufficient to indicate that the dishes had received a green signal from them.

Bhavna Bua was the last person on the table who hadn't provided her decree and wolfed down the sweet dish discreetly.

"It is not terrible."

Ruhanika beamingly grinned. It was a clean chit from the Bhavna Bua as well. Sitara rolled her eyes at her. Her Di was too innocent, and that lady Hitler was too much for her. If she enjoyed the meal, she should be able to voice her appreciation.

"Hmmp!!!" She sighed.

Bhavna gave her a glance. Sitara bit her bottom lip. Did she hear that? Oh gosh!!. She wasn't afraid of the Bhavna bua, but her sister had asked her not to make a mess, so she had to comply even if she didn't want to.

"You. Where is your husband? Go and call him."

Sitara, who was relieved to avoid being caught, sighed in response to Bhavna's order. She nodded and took few steps when she spotted Dev coming down with his office bag.

"Dev, come here."

This sentence of Sitara was enough to create a typical drama in normal Indian household who had little bit of orthodoxic bua in it.

Dev allegedly stopped walking after hearing his name for the very first time from his newlywed spouse, whose voice was so sweet that it tingled in his ears. He was so astonished that he was oblivious to the commotion his bua caused at the dinner table.

Bhavna's spoon, which she had been using to leisurely eat Kheer, had fallen to the ground, heightening the upcoming dramatic effect. Aruna's jaw dropped open, and Muskan smacked her on the forehead, clearly aware of the disaster her second Bhabhi had unintentionally provoked.

Ruhanika's shoulder sagged in anguish as she realized she would no longer be able to protect Sitara from Bhavna bua's fury.

"You impolite girl! This is how you address your husband."

Bhavna's eyes narrowed in rage, and she yelled angrily at Sitara, who was standing there dumbfounded. Did she do something wrong? She lifted her left brow at Ruhanika, who simply shook her head and signaled her to calm down because the impending ruckus was beyond her ability to control.

"Then, how!??"

Bhavna was rendered speechless.

Sitara frowned. Isn't this how she's supposed to address her husband? By his name. Ah!! his name sounded strange coming from her mouth. Muskan turned her head down to stifle her chuckle. Her second Bhabhi was quite amazing. She wanted to clap but held back since she didn't want to surprise her already now-mute bua.

Looking at the strange atmosphere that had developed on the table, Aruna softly added, "You should call him using an honorific." Bhavna appeared to be deep in contemplation. Aruna decided to take the risk.

"Like!?"

Sitara inquired right then and there. Ruhanika palmed her face. Sometimes her Tara was too direct, and the hidden lawyer inside her burst out seldom, and the same thing was happening right now.

"Come, I'll tell you."

Aruna approached Sitara, and Ruhanika followed her down the trail, desperate to escape this oppressive environment.

"Wait a second."

They were interrupted by Bhavna, who stood up and asked, "Why did you call Dev when I asked you to call your husband?"

Dev had already recovered from his shock and was approaching the table and Muskan stood by his side, ready to go her college.

"He is my husband, after all."

She told her without beating around the bush with an obvious tone. This time, Vinay also sprung to his feet in disbelief, mirroring Bhavna. Now both the siblings looked the same. Sitara pondered.

"Lo, phail gayaa raita."
(Look like, the awaited disaster has transpired.)

Muskan murmured and cast a quick peek at her watch. She was undoubtedly going to be late today.

***

On the other hand.

Sameer collected the remaining chunk of the payment from the brokerage. Before getting in the car to go to the airport, he last glanced up at his residence for the last time.

The home was sold, the debts owed in Verma's name were paid in full, and the remaining wages for the employees were also paid.

The taxi halted at the airport, where his secretary was standing by with his luggage. Taking the suitcase from him, Sameer extended his hand to shake.

"It was nice working with you." The Secretary shook his hand and Sameer headed towards the boarding area.

"I hope to see you again, Sir."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 9.8K 74
Shraddha Goel was born with a silver spoon, but she is a humble, kind, and soft girl. When she was twenty-two years old, she married Rohit Mehra, a w...
765K 44.5K 55
(#1 of 'Thakur brother's series') "The day my eyes completed the journey of his eyes, I forgot all my pain..." ADVIKA SEN In my 22 years of life, I...
1.4M 68.1K 37
Ruhaan oberoi and sitara Khanna tied a knot of marriage six months back. A power couple for the outside world. But inside the four wall they are just...
1.9M 87.8K 43
Entering to the room he pinned me to the door and I was horrified my his sudden drag. "Hmm .... To kya kehe rahin thi app niche" He asked pinning my...