Little Spencer Reid

By multifandoms23

Spencer never really had a childhood, his father absent and his mother a schizophrenic. Rossi and Hotch step... More

A/N: PLEASE READ
Helping Spencer
Struggling To Regress
Spencer Regresses
Meeting Everyone As A Little
Sick
Separation Anxiety
A Rainy Day
Spencer's Big Day Out
Dummy Troubles
Spencer Has A Checkup
Swim and Chill Day
Sleeping Issues
Soft Play and Sleepy Baby
Sugar Rush
Talking to Penelope
Penelope And Spencer
Spencer's Birthday
Halloween
Dada's Birthday
Bedtime Trouble
Papa's Book Tour - Part 1
Papa's Book Tour - Part 2
Papa's Book Tour - Part 3
Cold Days Out
Lost Spidey
Sickness Bug
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
Cold Winter Days
One Teething Toddler and One Grumpy Garcia
First Cinema Experience
Clingy Garcia
A Day Gone Wrong
Attempted Babysitting
Ipad Troubles
An Afternoon At Soft Play
Dada/Spencer Day - Papa/Garcia Day
Papa/Spencer Day - Dada/Garcia Day
Day At The Zoo

Adjusting to Change

129 2 0
By multifandoms23

Over the last couple of weeks, it has taken the four of them to adjust and get a routine down that works best for them all. They all knew that the two of them hated any sort of change so this was huge for them both. What they didn't know was that, there were a couple more changes happening today.

"Ok, let's go get you dressed" Hotch says as he takes Spencer into Spencer's room. Rossi and Hotch had 'little' clothes ordered for Garcia but they were yet to arrive. Hotch changes Spencer's nappy before putting him into a blue and white stripe vest top, a pair of black leggings and a blue car print jumper.

"Do ou'?" Spencer asks.

"Yes, we're going to see auntie JJ and uncle Will, remember?"

"Yay" he claps his hands as he was let down from the changing table. Hotch gathers some of his things together before walking out of the room with them.

"Hey, play nice please" he warns them as he walked past the play room and spotted them arguing over a toy.

"Dada, I had thirst" Garcia whines.

"Nooo, me had" Spencer glares at her.

"Alright, well one of you is lying, who really had it first?" He asks them as he gives them the 'look'.

"Me" they both said at the same time.

"Hand it over please" Hotch sticks his hand out for Spencer to give him the toy.

"Noooo" he whines.

"Spencer, hand it over please, you guys have all these toys and your fighting over this one?" They had got some age appropriate toys for Garcia so they both had something to play with but they still argued.

"Mine"

"Uh uh, it's both but if you both can't tell me who had it first, it's going away for a while" Spencer pouts and reluctantly hands it over.

"Thank you" he soon leaves the two of them to it before handing Rossi some of Spencer's stuff to pack up for the day.

"Do we tell them the 'special guest' that will be turning up with uncle Derek?" Rossi says.

"No, because then Spencer would just refuse to get in the car" Hotch chuckles.

"Is that everything packed?" Hotch asks him.

"Yeah, just need to round the kiddos up"

"Garcia, Spencer, come on let's go" Hotch calls. The sound of one running feet and one walking feet could be heard.

"Spencer, every single day we are telling you not to run in the house. Now why is it that we tell you that?"

"I falled over an' an' an' 'urted 'self"

"That's right, not only that but you could break something. We need to start using our walking feet ok?"

"Tay dada" they get their shoes on before getting into Rossi's car. They were still waiting on some of Garcia's things so for now, dada sat in the back incase Garcia even attempted to climb out of the belt.

"JJ" Spencer giggles as she came round and got him out of the car once they turned up.

"Hi Spence" she kisses his cheek.

"She havin' a little power nap over there?" JJ chuckles as Garcia was sleeping on Hotch's shoulder.

"Yeah, bedtime is an issue at the moment"

"Oof, that doesn't sound good" she says as she pulls Spencer into her arms. Rossi goes to Garcia's side and gently shakes her awake.

"Hi sweetheart, ready to head inside?" He coos.

"Up" she mumbles, still trying to wake up.

"Come on then" he lifts her into his arms and they all head in.

"Dwink pwease papa" Spencer says.

"Me 'oo" Garcia says. He chuckles and sets the backpack down before passing them their cups.

The two of them play for a bit and JJ heads over to Hotch and Rossi.

"Will and I discussed that if it gets too overwhelming for either of them, you're more than welcome to take them to the spare bedroom or head home early with them. Whatever is best for you guys, we completely understand"

"Thanks JJ, I'm sure it'll be fine"

"Yeah, surprisingly they've been great over the last couple of weeks of adjusting to everything. Obviously they had their bad moments with each other but we got through that so I think it'll be fine" it wasn't long until Derek turned up with Savannah. They had all met her but she was so excited to meet the two littles.

"Unca Der" Spencer went to run to him but soon stopped once he spotted who was behind him. It didn't surprise anyone in how he reacted, however Garcia's reaction was very surprising.

"Unca Der, Vannah" she hugs them.

"Oh hello Garcia, how are you?" She smiles at her.

"Dood" she smiles back at her.

"Spencer come on, where's my pretty boy?" He had his arms open and ready for him but nothing.

"Hmm" he hid behind Rossi.

"It's fine buddy, you know who that is"

"Come, sit down" Will invites them in further and they all sat in the living room.

"Ok, now for our news...Will and I are pregnant" she announces.

"Oh my god, congratulations" Emily was first to hug them.

"You too?" She jokes at Will as she pats his belly. There were a lot of congratulations and hugs going around before she looked at the two little ones.

"Do you two understand?" She walks over to them.

"Auntie JJ has a baby in her belly"

"Baby?" Garcia asks as she points to JJ's belly.

"Yeah, I have a little baby in there" Garcia looks up at Derek and smiles big before jumping off his lap and hugging JJ.

"Spence? You understand?" JJ quietly asks him but his bottom lip quivered and he started crying. She nodded her head to Hotch and Rossi, they could tell that everything was too much all at once. They were surprised with Garcia but Spencer...it was just too overwhelming for him right now. Rossi picked Spencer up and started making his way to the spare bedroom but he stopped in his tracks when he called for Hotch.

"Dada, tome"

"Buddy, someone needs to stay with Garcia, alright, you're safe with papa. Always" he tells him. This was a moment for them to help Spencer with his separation anxiety, instead of both of them comforting him (as much as they wanted to do) one of them would unless he wanted a specific person but right now it was only both that he wanted.

"Dada" he sobs.

"Ok Spence would you like dada to take you or papa?" Rossi asks him, which makes him cry even harder.

"Papa an' dada" Hotch gives Rossi a look that pretty much tells him to go to the spare room.

"Dada" Spencer cries down the hallway.

"Hey, papa's here, papa's here" he sits down on the bed so that they're chest to chest and gently rocks Spencer.

"What was that all about?" Emily asks as Hotch came back from the hallway.

"Oh, it's a thing we're trying to work on with Spencer. As heartbreaking as it is, we're trying to have only one of us comfort him unless he wants a specific person, it's hard right now because of course I want to be in there but I know Rossi's got it" Hotch gets a text about bringing Spencer's cloth and dummy through but he sends Garcia instead.

"Hey Garcia, can you do dada a small favour please?"

"What it?" She asks.

"Can you take Spencer's dummy and cloth to him please? And give him a big hug from dada"

"Tay dada" she takes the items before going to the spare room.

"Papa, it me" Garcia smiles as she stood in the doorway.

"I see, what do you have for me principessa (princess)"

"Spencie's" she says as she held the items out.

"Ah, thank you sweetheart"

"Dada saided gived a biiiiiiggggggg 'ug to Spencie" she holds her arms out as wide as she could.

"Oh ok, I'll make sure he got the message" he chuckles as Spencer was practically asleep at this point.

"Alright, go and play now, papa'll be out in a minute" he tells her. She leaves the room and he attempts to lie Spencer down, he startles before settling down again. Rossi gives it a few minutes before leaving the room.

"Garcia? Would you like some quiet time or would you like to also nap?" Rossi asks her. They had made it so when Spencer goes down for his nap, Garcia had a choice of quiet time, nap if she wanted or have a little one on one time with them both.

"Sweep" she yawns.

"Alright, wanna go lie down with Spencer?" He offers but it was an immediate head shake 'no'.

"Ok, you wanna cuddle with dada or papa?"

"Unca Der" she giggles.

"Alright you, come 'ere" he chuckles.

"Hey, don't be stealing my man now" Savannah playfully 'whispers' in her ear, making her giggle. She felt a bit awkward being chest to chest with Derek as it was a bit difficult to sleep with everyone in the room. JJ caught on and grabbed a blanket before putting it over Garcia so she could sleep. The two littles have a nap and of course Will has bought them some more toys.

"I can't help it, I see something they might like..and then I buy it" Will smiles at them.

"Well thank you" Hotch smiles at him.

"For Spencer...a Mickey Mouse train track and for little Miss Garcia...a little puppy toy that you can take care of" he gives the gifts to the little ones.

"Fank wou" they both say.

"Dada, puppy" Garcia holds it up.

"That's wonderful Pen, need some help getting it out of the cage?"

"Pwease" they let the little ones play for a while until it was dinner and time to go home for bed.

"Let's get jammas on please" Rossi calls to them. Savannah was messing around with them once Spencer had warmed up to her.

"Pwayin" Spencer pouts.

"I know, but we need jammas on please" he tells him. Rossi changes his nappy and puts him into a red and white striped sleepsuit.

They say goodbye to everyone before bundling up in the car and heading home.

"Now the tricky part, getting him into his sleepsack" Hotch says.

"Yup, completely forgot about that" Rossi gets Spencer whilst Hotch grabs Garcia. Rossi opens the sleepsack with one hand before carefully setting Spencer in it.

"Baba" he mumbles.

"Alright buddy" Rossi whispers as he managed to get him into the sack.

"Here" Hotch comes in with a bottle.

"Ah, thank you" he says as he laid Spencer in his cot and handed him his bottle.

They kiss him goodnight and Rossi goes and kisses Garcia goodnight as Hotch was the one to put her to bed. They quietly leave the rooms before heading back down and sorting out the bag.

"Wonder how Spencer will react to a new baby around" Rossi says.

"I know, it makes me a little worried for when the baby arrives. I mean do we get him a little doll to practice being gentle?" He suggests.

"Maybe, but I'd get two, don't think they'll share just one doll" Rossi chuckles.

"That's true, ok, so we'll buy a couple of dolls and practice being gentle with it, hopefully it makes a bit of a difference" they soon chill before deciding to head to bed. They check on the little ones before going their separate ways.

"Night Dave"

"Night Aaron" they get into their pyjamas and into their beds, under the covers. Tonight was Hotch's turn to snuggle with Garcia as she was yet to have her own bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.1K 97
π‚π€π‘πƒπˆπ†π€π - casey willows, the nepo baby of the BAU, starts an internship at the fbi in quantico with the team she's known since she was you...
95K 1.7K 22
When Y/N joins the BAU, she gets along with everyone... Everyone except resident genius Spencer Reid, that is. The tension is obvious, the rest of th...
153K 3.8K 68
'We usually ignore the little things that matter. The small details that can change a life. Those simple gestures. A simple smile of hope, a simple t...
200K 3.4K 19
you and spencer have known each other since your were both genius' in high school together. you loved each other's smarts and personality. you start...