Helping Spencer

(A/N: the first few chapters are a little short but I promise they will get longer)

It was official, the BAU team had all retired. They each had enough money to support themselves and Rossi let everyone know that they are more than welcome to forever live with him. Only Hotch and Reid agreed to that as the others wanted their own space, which was perfectly fine.

"Hey, what's up with him?" Hotch nods his head toward Reid, who looked very anxious.

"Ugh, I dunno, I'm not sure if everyone retiring was a good thing, he seems more stressed out than any other case"

"I'm gonna go talk to him"

"I'll come with" Hotch and Rossi sit on the edge of the coffee table across from the sofa Reid was sat on.

"Oh hey guys, thanks for letting me live with you Rossi but I'm not sure I can handle it" Reid tells him.

"Handle what exactly? Living with me? Hotch? Is the place too big?" Rossi asks.

"No no everything's fine..I just-well we all have secrets and I think mine would be perfectly safe in my own place"

"Hey, everything is safe here, don't ever think that it's not ok? Whatever it is, you can tell us" Hotch puts a hand on top of Spencer's, who shyly smiles at him.

"Ok but before I do that I want you to know that I understand if you want to kick me out and never speak to me again or never even think of me as if I never existed in your lives" he rambles.

"Reid, we could never think that, just tell us what's been bothering you since you've been here" Rossi tells him.

"I'm...I'm a little" he mumbles.

"A little? A little what? Thirsty? Bored? Tired? A little what Reid?" Rossi questions him, clueless as to what Reid has just admitted.

"No Dave, he regresses to a certain age to help him cope with his trauma, like going back to his childhood but having a better one, right?" Hotch explains to Rossi before looking at Reid, who smiles a little and nods.

"How do you know that?" Dave looks at him, confused.

"I'll explain later, right now our focus is Reid" they turn their attention back to Spencer.

"So you like baby and toddler things? Is that what you want?" Hotch asks Spencer in a non-judgmental way.

"If that's ok if not I totally understand if you want to kick me out and disown me"

"No no never, we're gonna help you, ok? Every step of the way" Rossi reassures him.

"May we ask what age or ages you regress to so we know what to buy for you"

"Oh please you don't have to buy anything, I have a few things that'll be alright but I regress to about 2 years old, sometimes to a one year old if things get really stressful for me but it's mainly two"

"Have you ever worn nappies?" Spencer gets embarrassed and quickly shakes his head 'no'.

"Never tried them" he mumbles.

"Would you like to?" Spencer shrugs and they leave it to that. They ask him a few more questions before leaving him be as they didn't want to overwhelm him.

"Alright, let's see what we can find" Dave says as he and Aaron scroll through the internet to buy things for Spencer.

"Hey Spencer, what're your interests when little?" Hotch calls out.

"Urm, I dunno Spider-Man I guess" he shrugs.

"Spider-Man? For a two year old?" Hotch smiles at him.

"I watch the cartoon versions"

"Ah, anything else?" Spencer goes quiet and just shrugs.

"Hey, come 'ere" Hotch calls him over. Spencer makes his way over and Hotch guides him to sit down next to him.

"You see anything you like, you let me know, ok? Anything at all"

"No really, the things I have are fi-

"Just tell him what you like" Rossi looks over at them both. They both sit there and Spencer had warmed up enough that he started to get a little excited that Rossi and Hotch thought he might've regressed there and then.

"Sorry" he sheepishly says as he caught them both smiling at him.

"No please, don't be embarrassed" Rossi continues to smile at him.

"So Mickey Mouse and Spider-Man things, maybe once you've regressed there'll be other things that spike your interest"

"I'm more for Spider-Man though, I like Mickey Mouse but I prefer Spider-Man more" he admits.

"Ok, that's fine"

"Thank you for sitting with me" Hotch smiles at him.

"Thank you for buying them for me" Spencer smiles back.

"No problem kiddo, now go relax" they chill for the evening and have dinner before going to bed.

"Do we tell the others?"

"No, not yet, that's Spencer's decision to make not ours"

"Alright then, I'm off to bed"

"Yeah me too, night Dave"

"Night Hotch" they go there separate ways into their own rooms. They get changed before getting under the covers and going to sleep.