Spencer Regresses

They didn't have to wait to help Spencer regress because he was running into Rossi's room at 6:30 in the morning.

"Papa! Papa! Up!" Spencer giggles as he pounces on the bed, making Rossi groan.

"Papa, up!"

"Ugh, it's too early"

"Noooo papa"

"Pwease" Spencer gives him his puppy eyes.

"Alright alright, give me a minute"

"How old are you buddy?"

"Two" he smiles as he held up 3 fingers.

"This is two" Rossi puts a finger down.

"Two" he giggles.

"I think we need to invest in some gates" Rossi mumbles.

"Or a cot(crib)" Hotch stands in the doorway.

"Even better, we'll do both" Rossi says.

"Come on Spencer, let papa sleep in some more" Hotch smiles at Reid.

"No up?" Spencer looks at Rossi.

"I'll be there in a minute, ok?" Rossi reassures him.

"Tay" Spencer clumsily climbs off the bed before running over to Hotch.

"I two dada" Spencer tells Hotch how old he is as they made their way to the kitchen.

"Wow, that's cool buddy" Hotch tries not to cry as he was called 'dada'.

"Alright, what're we having for breakfast?" Hotch asks Spencer as they look in the cupboard. Aaron makes them some breakfast before helping Spencer up the table and sitting down with him.

"Papa" Spencer smiles brightly as Rossi came through to the kitchen.

"Mornin' kiddo"

"Papa gwumpy"

"That's because he hasn't had his coffee yet" Aaron stage whispers as he makes Spencer giggle.

"You think that's funny huh, kid?" Rossi smiles as Reid nodded his head 'yes'.

"Well you just wait" he says as he sat next to Spencer.

"Need some help buddy?" Dave asks Spencer as he struggled to get his spoon full of cereal into his mouth.

"'Elp papa"

"Of course" he smiles at him before taking the spoon from his hand and helping him eat.

"Think we should set some stuff up when he has a n.a.p?" Aaron asks Dave.

"Yeah, I think it'll come in handy to do it now rather than later" he says as he fed Spencer another spoonful.

"All done?" Dave asks him once Spencer stopped opening his mouth.

"Uh huh"

"Ok, you can get down" He helps him down and then it was just the two of them.

"I think we should tell the others soon, we'll have a word with Spencer and go from there"

"I agree, I don't think there's going to be any holding back from them once they find out"

"I know, he's adored big and he'll probably be even more adored now" Aaron chuckles.

"Oh yeah" they decided to try and entertain Spencer as they didn't have many toys yet. They ordered the big stuff such as his car seat, pushchair, highchair and his cot. There were more stuff to come but he didn't have many things to play with.

"Want the tv on?" Aaron asks him.

"Uh huh"

"You want Spider-Man on?"

"Pwease" he does his puppy eyes.

"Alright, let us know if you need anything, ok?"

"Tay dada" whilst Spencer was distracted, they decided to start opening some boxes and get things up and ready so Spencer can use the equipment.

"Dada, I 'ored" it didn't take Spencer long to come back through.

"Sorry buddy, you've got no toys yet" Aaron felt hopeless until Dave came up with an idea.

"Wait" Dave empties out a box so that it was completely empty before heading to his office, he soon comes back with some crayons that he managed to find. He then lifts Spencer into the box and passes him the crayons.

"Why don't you make a house outta that box? Maybe some windows and a door?" Rossi starts him off before watching Spencer carry it on.

"Tay" he smiles up at him before scribbling all over the box. They carry on and finish up before putting some lunch together.

"We ready to eat?" Aaron goes over to Spencer.

"Wook dada" Spencer beams up at him.

"That's amazing Spencer, you hungry?"

"Uh huh, ou'" he raises his arms.

"Ohhh, come on then" he lifts him into his arms instead of placing him back down on the ground.

"It's alright, I've got you" Aaron reassures as Spencer tightened his grip around Aaron's neck. He sets him down at the table as Rossi served him his food. They have lunch and they sort through the rubbish and clean up.

"Wan' nummies" Spencer mumbles as he leaned into Rossi's side.

"What was that?" He puts an arm around him.

"Nummies"

"What's a nummy?"

"Wan' nummies" he whined. He was getting frustrated and tired.

"Ok ok, have you seen the thing that you want here?" Aaron asks him and for their sake he nodded his head 'yes'.

"Ok, do you think you can show us where you've seen it?" He grabs Rossi's hand before guiding him to the kitchen and pointing to a draw. Rossi opens it and finds the dummies that they bought but didn't know if they were going to be used.

"Ah, nummies" Rossi picks up a pack and waves it in the air for Aaron to see. Rossi let's him choose a dummy and he immediately puts in his mouth.

"Come, let's get you to bed" Rossi takes him to Spencer's room and lies down with him until he fell asleep.

"I think we need to get a routine down not just for his sake but ours too" Rossi says once he left the room and closed the door.

"I agree" Spencer has his nap and was surprised with new toys that Aaron went out and bought whilst he was asleep. They had dinner before putting Spencer to bed and getting into their own.