like magic™ (1)

By jazminebrightxx

LIKE MAGIC "Works like magic" BASED ON SEASON 3 AND 4 OF TEEN WOLF | STILES STILINSKI X OC | SLOWBURN | ©Jaz... More

LIKE MAGIC
act one. this might hurt
One. how mature
Two. we are family
Three. works like magic
Four. poetic
Five. fireflies
Six. manly emotions
Seven. dead baby day
Eight. bus ride from hell
Nine. stitch him up
Ten. Glen capri
Eleven. You're not a nobody
Twelve. Currents
Thirteen. True alpha
Fourteen. Daddy issues
Fifteen. The girl who knew too much.
Sixteen. No rest for the wicked
Seventeen. Parent or guardian
Eighteen. Did you forget?
Nineteen. You held your breath
Twenty. What if you don't come back?
Twenty one. Little witch
act two. lose your mind
Twenty two. I should close the door
Twenty three. Still milking that?
Twenty four. Its a dream
Twenty five. Malia Tate
Twenty six. Mischief night
Twenty seven. Village of the damned
Twenty eight. Cause I trust you
Twenty nine. I'd do it for you too
Thirty. Unsolved cases.
Thirty one. Sense and sensibility
Thirty two. Moment of realisation
Thirty three. Possession or Obsession
Thirty four. The truth will be the death of me
Thirty five. Words unspoken
Thirty six. Where your darkest fears come for you
Thirty seven. Sealing my faith.
Thirty eight. Celestine
Thirty nine. Live or die
Forty. The divine move.
act three. can't go back
Forty-one. the deal
Forty-two. you underestimate yourself
Forty-three. Total sociopath
Forth four. i wouldn't leave you
Forty-five. why'd you drop the glass, katie?
forty six. team captain
forty seven. stalker much?
forty eight. werewitch
forty nine. Change will come
Fifty. nobody to save me
Fifty one. Closer to doomsday
Fifty two. intuition kills
Fifty three. Failed
Fifty five. Collateral

Fifty four. How could you?

355 15 4
By jazminebrightxx

⋅•⋅⊰•☽༓☾•⊱⋅•⋅
Chapter fifty four
season 4 episode 7
"Weaponized"
(Part two)
⋅•⋅⊰•☽༓☾•⊱⋅•⋅

KAITLIN JONES always saw life as a book. A series of chapters that changed at every turning point in a persons life. Each book was different, some had less chapters than others, some were more complicated, but all of them had different stories, no two the same.

The current chapter she was living was unlike anything she'd ever experienced before. She knew the more she went on with her life the more complicated and difficult it would become, but you can't skip chapters, that's not how life works. You have to read every line, meet every character. You're not gonna enjoy all of it.

Hell, some chapters will make you cry for weeks, break your heart in ways that may never be fixed. You will read things you don't want to read, and you'll have moments when you don't want the pages to end. Not every story has a happy ending and there's not a thing you can do to change that, no matter how good you are, how much you help people or how much you pray, your story is what it is, it's not always gonna end in a happily ever after.

Kaitlin thought about death a-lot. Her family's death, her friends death, people she'd never met, her own death. Death was all around, and it was embedded into everyone's story. It was a definite, eventually everything will die.

Sitting in the hale vault, her friends with her, Kaitlin thought about death more than she had ever done before. The school stunk of rot, teenagers fading away thanks to an unknown sickness that had infected the building. Her senses were always high, it was just how she worked, but never had they been so high as they were in that moment. She felt the fear in her friends, felt the anxiety in herself and felt the pain of the boy sitting next to her.

Stiles sat close to Kaitlin, his shoulder touching her own. He was terrified, but wore a normal expression. She knew that no one else in the room was aware of just how scared the boy was, even the werewolves were oblivious.

When a witch makes a connection with another being, they have the possibility of bonding with them, spiritually. It was a thing so powerful yet so rare for them. She'd believed for years now that she would never experience what it was like to bond on another level with a person, but sitting here, now with this boy, she was doubting her previous conclusion.

Her connection with him was like that of no other. She felt his pain on a distant scale, every emotion that ran through him, ran through her. It was like being in another persons body. Kaitlin's bond with Stiles was special, they were destined, everyone knew it. Everyone but them.

Where there was Stiles, there Kaitlin was.

She could read him like a book, and she enjoyed every word, every page, every chapter.

"You know this is where it all started" Stiles' rough voice broke the silence of the room. "That's where the money was" he pointed to the safe in the corner.

"117 million in bearer bonds"

"How do you change bearer bonds into cash" Kira questioned, picking up a jar on a shelf and inspecting its contents.

"A bank...I guess" Stiles answered, glancing at the girl next to him when Kaitlin inched closer, from the corner of his eye he could see the goosebumps on her arms.

"They just let it sit here the whole time, collecting dust" Kodin mumbled, glaring at the safe, the root of their problems. Stiles looked at him sadly.

"You know bearer bonds are basically extinct?" Stiles questioned.

"Why does it matter?" Jamie asked.

"You know how many problems that money could solve?" Stiles asked the werewolf, who looked at him curiously.

"For you?" Kira questioned

"Me, my dad" Stiles starts, head down, all eyes now on him. "The Eichen house and the MRI bills are crushing him"

"Mom does this thing" Scott started "she writes down all the items in our budget and how much they cost. And then she adds it all up and figures out how long we have until...we lose the house"

Kaitlin glanced at her brother who looked at the alpha with sympathy. She sighs.

"After Tyler died, my mom was drowning in medical bills from his treatments." She whispered, opening up in a way she had never done before. "My dad had left the year before so it was just her left to pay it off."

Kodin looked at her with sad and knowing eyes. Jamie sat with a pit in her stomach.

"It got so bad to the point where we were getting letters everyday." She shook her head. "Your dad is actually the one who helped the most" she glanced at the boy next to her.

"Really?" He asked and Kaitlin nodded.

"Mom had no one else to turn to so she called Noah. He helped us sell the Boston house and move home"

***

"You okay?" Kodin rubbed his sisters shoulder fondly, Kaitlin nodded. Her eyes heavy, sweat beaded her forehead and her breathing rapid. She felt like she couldn't breathe.

"My head hurts" she whispered lightly, eyes closed. "I just want to sleep"

Kodin scooted closer to his sister, wrapping an arm around her, Kaitlin rested her head on her twins shoulder, head pounding.

"It's gonna be okay, Katie"

"We have to tell them the truth about Peter" Isaac whispered to Scott and Stiles, watching as Kodin comforted a pain stricken Kaitlin. "They're gonna see the rest of the deadpool eventually"

"Try to remember that Peter is the one name missing on that list" Scott states, glancing at Stiles who hesitantly nodded. "Which either means he's incredibly lucky or he's the benefactor."

"Scott's right. If they find out about it they're gonna go to him, you know they will." Stiles' heart clenched as he spoke. He knew it was wrong, it wasn't their secret, he was dying to tell them. But he agreed with everything Scott had been saying over the past few weeks, it was too risky.

"And then he's gonna twist his way into their heads like he always does, like he did with us" Scott continued. "We let him walk around like nothing ever happened, like he's one of the good guys. He's not one of the good guys"

"If they find out about him then they're gone."

"What if they find out on their own?" Isaac asks quietly, mostly to himself. "Then what?"

"This isn't gonna end well either way is it?"

***

"Katie?"

Kaitlins vision blurred, her eyes desperately trying to focus on one thing, a faint voice whispered to her. "Hey, Katie?"

Eventually, kaitlin could make out the shape of Stiles' face looking down at her, a worried look on his face. She felt his hand brush away some of her hair as he placed the back of his hand on her forehead.

"What's wrong?" She whispered when she could see him fully, Stiles stroked her cheek fondly and Kaitlin had started to feel the cold floor beneath her, Kodin's body heat now gone.

"I gotta leave for a few, okay?" He hesitated before speaking.

"Where are you going?"

"Whatever's happening, it's worse for you guys. And that means it's not just people getting sick, it's another assassin" his voice was just above a whisper, only for her to hear. Kaitlin reached out to him, barely able to sit up, Stiles held onto her arm and felt a shiver run down his back at how cold she was. He started to shrug off his jacket leaving him in only a hoodie, placing the jacket around her shoulders and holding on.

"Promise..." she whispered. "Promise you'll come back?"

Stiles smiled, holding onto her face again, his heart aching at the thought of leaving her. "Yeah...yeah, I'd never leave you behind"

Kaitlin smiles faintly, but her eyes told a different story. It didn't feel right, it felt like a goodbye, she didn't want to say goodbye to him, ever. Stiles' heart shattered into pieces at the look in her eyes, seeing them tear as she smiled.

Feeling brave, Stiles leans forward and places a kiss on Kaitlin's head. Looking at her again before standing up, still holding her hand. He knew if he didn't go now, he never would.

Pulling away hesitantly, he let Kaitlin's hand fall and walked away.

Kaitlin slowly laid herself back down, now feeling more cold than ever. A tear slid down her face as she sighed.

Stiles turned back as he passed the threshold. One final look at the girl before the doors closed.

***

Kaitlin woke up god knows how much later, Kodin now sitting next to her, he was shaking, sweating, eyes closed, but awake.

The witch sits up, roughly, sighing as the pain pierced her. Kodin turned to her in worry.

"Do you think this is what it felt like?" Kodin whispered. "For Ty"

Isaac, Jamie, Kira, Malia and Scott all turned towards the boy who stared straight ahead. Kaitlin kept her eyes on him, afraid to look away incase he disappeared.

"I don't know." She started "I used to think that he was peaceful, but...I don't know anymore"

Kodin wrapped a weak arm around his sister. If he had to go out he was glad she was with him. "The same way we started" he spoke.

"Together"

What felt like hours passed, Kodin holding his sister as she fell asleep, her head now on his jacket that laid against his legs, one arm holding onto her, afraid she'd dissipate into the darkness. Kodin's mind ran wild with worry when he felt a piece of paper, wrapped up in his sister's jacket...Stiles' jacket. He pulled the paper out and inspected it.

Isaac and Scott noticed the witch move and saw the white piece of paper in his hand, panic setting in, knowing exactly what it was.

"Kodin...Kodin wait"

Kodin stared at the open piece of paper in shock. Looking back at his friends, his voice cracked as he whispered.

"I can't see. I can't see anything"

Scott froze, blinking rapidly as he looks at his hands, only to be met with blurred darkness.

"What happening?"

"I can't see"

"Guys, are you still there?!"

"Kodin? I can't...Kody, help me"

Kaitlin heard banging and her heart jumped, every noise felt ten times louder, every feeling felt sharper, but all she saw was...nothing.

She was dying, she felt it, this was the end. She would become a name scratched off a list that she would never know if she was actually on and that was that.

She'd never see her mother again, never see Lydia again, Kodin, Scott, Isaac, Jamie, Kira, Noah, even Malia. She'd never see Stiles again...

"Scott!!" She heard him. "Scott, it's in there with you!" She heard him banging on the door, Scott panting, Kodin groaning.

"It's in the vault. It's called reishi mushrooms!"

"Scott?! Kaitlin! Can you hear me?!"

Stiles was coming, he would save them...Kaitlin felt relief as she sunk into the cold floor, her arms wrapping around themself as she welcomed it.

"Scott!! Open the door! Please!"

"It's in there with you. It's in a jar, it's on one of the shelves." Stiles voice faded with time. "Please! Come on!!"

The last thing she heard was the pained scream and banging of Stiles Stilinski before nothing.

Kodin felt it as his sister stopped moving. "Scott, please"

Scott stood with his last bit of strength, moved slowly over to the shelves, every move pained him. He saw it then, top shelf, a clear jar full of the thing that would save them. All he needed was to break it. Taking a breath, Scott reached for it, slipping once, twice. With one final stretch, Scott managed to tip the jar ever so slightly, causing it to fall to the ground and break open, administering the fumes, the antidote.

Kaitlin felt the air fill her lungs, her eyes focused and her head stopped pounding. Isaac grabbed her first, checking the witch over, hugging her tight as relief flooded him.

"Are you guys okay?" Scott checked on the two who nodded at him, smiling. Stiles practically barreled into the girl, holding her tight with the most relief he'd ever felt. "Too tight Stiles"

"Sorry" he laughs "I'm just glad you're okay"

Kaitlin faintly smiles at him. Hugging him again.

"What the actual fuck" Kodin's voice startled the group, the witch stood a few paces back from them, a white piece of paper in his hands. "What the fuck is this?"

Kaitlin let go of Stiles and stepped toward her brother, confused.

"Kodin" Scott held his hands up "we can explain"

"Explain what?! That you've been lying to us?"

"What?" Kaitlin stared at her twin in shock, glancing back at her friends. "What is he talking about?"

"Katie" Stiles voice cracked and her heart picked up.

"Go ahead Stiles" Kodin voice was laced with venom and he was ready to bite. "Tell her...tell her the truth"

"You weren't supposed to find out this way" Scott defended.

Jamie stood next to Kaitlin, her mind crying in confusion and panic.

"I'm confused what is that thing?" Jamie questioned, looking at issac who held tears in his eyes.

"Were we ever supposed to find out?!" Kodin screamed

"We were on it since the start" Kodin waves the deadpool in his hands angry

"Find out what?!" Kaitlin's voice was louder than before and she stared at her brother who looked at her with a broken expression before shakily handing her the piece of paper.

Kaitlin took it quickly, opening it up and reading. The more she read, the clearer it got. This was the deadpool. The first list, Scott's name was on it, Lydia, Isaac, Derek, Kira...

Kodin Hale 25m
Kaitlin Hale 30m

What...

"I don't" she stammered, heart racing, hands shaking. "I don't get it...that's not us, we're not..."

Then it hit her, like a wave crashing into her, repeatedly, over

I know someone who can help

and over

He's gonna want something in return

And over again.

Peter

and the more it hit her, the more painful it got, until her skin was red raw and her knees weak.

"Talia's claws..." she whispered, her voice small.

Kaitlin turned to her brother who wore the same expression as her. Kaitlin felt her whole world fall apart, voices tried to reach her but she was too far gone, far, far away in her head, a place no one could get to. Her head pounded, and she didn't see the lights above her flicker the more unsteady her breathing got.

"Katie...please"

Kaitlin couldn't look at him,

Lies

she knew he was there, staring at her, pleading with her,

All they do is lie to you

but she felt sick, even thinking about him.

Lies

About all of them. Her whole world had crashed and they played a part in it. Did they even think about her, about them both?

"KJ, calm down"

Kaitlin heard Jamie's voice in the back of her mind, but she couldn't speak, couldn't move, she didn't see the shelves shake, she didn't see the lights flicker frantically, she didn't feel anything until it all broke. Every jar on the shelves, every light source, gone, shattered into pieces.

She needed to go, needed to breathe.

Kodin watched his sister run, sprint even, as far away from their friends as humanly possible. Anger and hurt consumed him. He turned back to the group when he saw them move to run after her.

"Don't...you've done enough"

Kaitlin Jones saw life as a book. A series of chapters that changed at every turning point in a persons life. Each sentence needed a conclusion...

And sometimes you need to put a full stop in place of a question mark, no matter how much it hurt.

***

JAZMINE SPEAKS
Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The beginning of the end. The twins know, and they're mad. I've rewritten this chapter so many times, each time hating it and feeling like I wasn't doing this reveal justice. I hope you like it, I hope it has an impact. And I hope you're ready....

Vote
Comment
Share
Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 540 42
◤ ◥ In which a girl who almost have nothing left, meet a cute, sarcastic boy in the midd...
72K 2.4K 119
❝𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬❞ 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 (𝐚𝐝𝐣.) 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧 𝐞...
1.3K 28 30
~ DISCONTINUED ~ She was well known around the supernatural community. Most of them with knowledge knew all too well who she was. Or at least until s...
49.1K 1K 13
teen wolf season four book four stiles stilinski x fem!oc completed © voidvaleska