Fragile - Denki Kaminari x Re...

By PinktoPaleBlue

Denki Kaminari x Fem!Reader From the bustling streets of New York to the prestigious halls of UA High in Japa... More

Character Info
Chapter 1 - Good Bye New York
Chapter 2 - First Day at School
Chapter 3 - Walking Home
Chapter 4 - Just Teasing
Chapter 5 - Slightly Awkward Lunch
Chapter 6 - Mall trip
Chapter 7 - Rainy Day
Chapter 8 - The Day Before
Chapter 9 - The Night Before
Chapter 10 - The Sports Festival
Chapter 12 - Cavalry Battle
Chapter 13 - First Match
Chapter 14 - Aftermath
Chapter 15 - The Invite
Chapter 16 - Arcade
Chapter 17 - The Lunch Questionings
Chapter 18 - Internships
Chapter 19 - The Mission
Chapter 20 - End of Internships
Chapter 21 - Home Visit
Chapter 22 - Surprise hangout
Chapter 23 - The Date
Chapter 24 - We're not Dating
Chapter 25 - End of Term Exams
Chapter 26 - I'm Not Letting You Go Alone
Chapter 27 - Bus Ride
Chapter 28 - The Beast's Forest
Chapter 29 - Why're You Being All Creepy in the Woods
Chapter 30 - Black Smoke and Purple Fog?
Chapter 31 - You're Okay!
AN
Chapter 32 - Let's Go Home
Chapter 33 - We're Moving Into Dorms?
Chapter 34 - Totally Awesome Best Room Competition
Chapter 35 - I Love You
Chapter 36 - Ultimate Moves
Chapter 37 - I Can Take Care of Myself

Chapter 11 - The Obstacle Course

91 1 2
By PinktoPaleBlue

I felt people pushing me, racing to get past the entrance of the first game. I joined the stream of students, my heart pounding, ready to face the obstacles that awaited. The doorway quickly became cramped with students trying to flow through the door. A breeze of cool air swept by me. My feet pushed off the ground and each step felt more and more antagonizing, until I felt like I couldn't move any further. Wait, why can't I move any further? I looked around, and students were stuck in place. My feet felt cold, it didn't take long to realize what had happened. A layer of ice encased our feet, stopping our movement and turning excitement into a frozen standstill, literally.

As the freezing grip of the ice threatened to paralyze the students around me, I acted quickly and activated my quirk. My skin transformed, turning into a fragile yet sturdy glass. The change was instantaneous, feeling both vulnerable and oddly powerful at the same time. My gaze focused on my own hand, and without hesitation, I gripped it firmly and snapped off one of my fingers. Holding the glassy finger, I surveyed the situation. The first obstacle was congested with students, all struggling to break free from the ice.

With a calculated toss, I launched my glass finger over the heads of the fellow contestants, aiming for the far end of the tunnel. It flew gracefully through the air before landing with a delicate clink. Meanwhile, the rest of my glass body shattered into countless pieces, each shard taking flight, racing towards the finger I had thrown. They soared through the air, merging with my finger. The fragments neatly rearranged themselves, creating the unmistakable form of my body, now reunited with its missing digit.

I solidified once more on the other side of the tunnel, fully intact. Glancing back, I saw the amount of students still trapped by the icy layer. The urge to help them flowed through me, but there was no time for hesitation. The clock was ticking, and the challenge was far from over. I rushed forward into the next phase of the obstacle course, my heart pounding with adrenaline. My eyes were targeted onto a form in front of me, Todoroki. Of course it was him! I could hear other students behind me breaking free from the glass. And other students began to show their distaste for him.

"YOU ICY-HOT BASTARD!!!" The furious shout pierced the air as Bakugou flew by, flames erupting from his palms. Mina's agility was impressive as she effortlessly glided atop the ice, her acid creating a frictionless surface for her to slide. Some students struggled to maintain their footing on the ice. With determination in mind, I focused on maintaining momentum, each stride carrying me further as the frozen layer gradually gave way to solid ground. Amidst the chaos, Mineta soared through the air, his trajectory aimed at none other than Todoroki. Mid-flight, he collided with an unforeseen obstacle, disrupting his course entirely. The cause of the interruption soon became glaringly apparent. A small army of massive metal robots, their figures casting shadows over us, stood as a barrier. In the blink of an eye, the course had transitioned from an icy challenge to a mechanical showdown.

In a heartbeat, the situation took a sharp turn. One of the colossal robots sprang into action, hurling itself towards the cluster of students. With Todoroki taking the lead, his quick reflexes kicked in. In a matter of seconds, he effectively immobilized the robot in its tracks. Without hesitation, he sprinted past the incapacitated machine. Before I could fully process what had happened, everything changed in an instant again. In a domino effect, the robots collapsed, forming an impassable barricade. As if on cue, more robots came on the scene, their sudden appearance triggering cries from the students. The atmosphere was charged with adrenaline as we found ourselves trapped in a predicament.

"Hey there's someone trapped under that robot!"

"Do you think we should try and help 'em'?"

"Are people seriously gonna die here?"

A crash came from inside the robot, as a spiky red haired Kirishima immersed, "I'M ALIVE!!" He screamed.

"Class 1A really is full of jerks!" Another voice said, breaking through the metal exterior of the robot. A student looking like a steel replica of Kirishima immersed through the robot. The metallic giants swung their fists, aiming for me with unrelenting force. Anticipating the attack, I activated my quirk, my body shattering into countless glass fragments. The robot's blows passed through me harmlessly as I shattered. Once the barrage subsided, I reformed myself in a fluid motion, each glass shard swiftly rejoining together. My heartbeat echoed in my ears as I rejoined the race, the crunch of dirt under my shoes pushing me forward. The battleground around me was a flurry of action. Explosions and bursts of flames illuminated the arena as Bakugou's fiery powers clashed with the mechanical foes. With a determined leap, I threw myself over a fallen obstacle, my glass-like form allowing me to gracefully clear the wreckage. As I landed, my feet transformed back to solid flesh and bone, and I ran forward. The sound of students taking out robots behind me was so loud as I ran.

My sprint carried me forward until a peculiar sight appeared before me, deep holes in the ground, accompanied by massive pillars connected by ropes. The third obstacle seemed like a puzzle designed to test our agility and creativity. I gazed down into the abyss. Casting a quick glance over my shoulder, I noticed a swarm of students rapidly closing in on this new obstacle. It's now or never Y/N. With a quick yet calculated move, I activated my quirk once more. My finger transformed into a fragment of glass that I flung with all my might, aiming to land it on one of the distant pillars. As my shard found its mark, I shattered my body into countless pieces, the fragments hurling towards the single glass finger on the pillar. The reassembly process was swift and seamless, bringing me to a steady stance atop the pillar. A quick glance over my shoulder revealed Asui gracefully navigating the ropes, showcasing her remarkable agility.

However, the scene quickly transformed into one of astonishment as a girl with vibrant pink hair launched herself into the abyss. My eyes widened, did she mean to do that?? Before I could fully process what was happening, she was propelled towards a distant pillar at an incredible speed. The move left me in awe. Not wanting to waste any more time, I swiftly replicated the process of flinging my glass finger and then reconstituting my form. With each toss and reformation, I covered the span between each pillar, making sure not to lose my momentum. The sequence became almost second nature, and soon enough, I found myself standing at the end of the line of pillars. I kept up my pace until I reached the last challenge, a field scattered with relatively harmless landmines. I stared at the field, dumbfounded, wondering how I could navigate through this hazard. Then, a spark of an idea ignited in my mind.

With a burst of determination, I lunged forward, hoping to trigger a landmine beneath me. In that crucial moment, a puff of pink smoke billowed from beneath me, catching me semi-off guard. Instinctively, I activated my quirk, causing my glass form to shatter explosively. The resulting blast sent a cascade of glimmering shards in every direction. As these shards landed, some of them inadvertently set off more landmines, creating a domino effect of explosions that cleared a path ahead. With a sigh of relief, I reformed amidst the dissipating pink smoke, realizing my impromptu plan had indeed worked. I raced toward the area where my glass fragments had triggered a chain reaction of exploding landmines, creating a path now clear of danger. As I moved forward, a deafening explosion rocked the air behind me. Looking back, I saw Midoriya soaring past me in a spectacular burst of power, he propelled closer to the end of the obstacle course.

With a thunderous crash, Midoriya surged ahead, overtaking Todoroki and Bakugou who were locked in an intense battle for the lead. He soared into the open field, and past the finish line. Todoroki swiftly followed suit. The tension between the two fiery teens was almost tangible as Bakugou, seething with frustration, crossed the finish line in third place. Ahead of me, the realization struck like a lightning bolt-there was a gap between the leaders and me. Was I in fourth place? Adrenaline surged through my veins, propelling me forward as my feet dug deeper into the dirt, driving me to push my limits. The finish line drew nearer and nearer until I finally crossed it, reentering the arena. Gazing up into the stands, the roar of cheers and applause overwhelmed my senses. Collapsing onto the ground, exhaustion washed over me in waves. It was almost surreal, I can't believe I came in fourth.

1516 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 125 14
"π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘˜ π‘Žπ‘“π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 π‘‘β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘’π‘”π’‰, π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘™π‘–π‘˜π‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π’„π‘œπ‘’π‘™π‘‘ β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘?" βœ©β˜…βœ©β˜…βœ©β˜…βœ©β˜…βœ©β˜…βœ©β˜…βœ©β˜… !Trigger w...
176K 4K 27
❀️Under editing❀️ After bieng bullied mercilessly by Bakugou and his other classmates deku is questioning his chances of becoming a hero. But along...
2.3K 29 15
-Complete- D. Kaminari x reader "My quirk is like how that kiss was," "How's that?" "Electric!" (Y/n) (L/n) is entering her first year of high sc...
21.7K 626 21
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. NOT MY COVER ART. also this is really bad writing so be warned Denki has been your friend since you were a lit...