Reborn as the worst

By K4iden_

Fighting all his life, trying to keep everyone save he cares about. Considered as a hero by the public but kn... More

Chapter 1 - The Offer
Chapter 2 - Early days
Chapter 3 - The Message
Chapter 4 - Let the training begin
Chapter 5 - Demon
Chapter 6 - The first step
Chapert 7 - Training
Chapter 8 - Arthur Leywin
Chapter 9 - Two Familys meet
Chapter 10 - Sparring
Chapter 11 - start of our adventur
Chapter 12 - Dungeon Raid
Chapter 13 - The Talk
Chapter 14 - Who am I?
Chapter 15 - Frost Valley
Chapter 16 - Frost Valley Pt. 2
Chapter 17 - Explanation
Chapter 18 - Dire Tombs Pt. 1
Chapter 19 - Dire Tombs Pt. 2
Chapter 20 - Dire Tombs Pt. 3
Chapter 21 - Time inbetween
Chapter 22 - First day of School
Chapter 23 - Life changing talks
Chapter 24 - Disciplinary Committee
Chapter 25 - Getting closer
Chapter 26 - Mock battle
Chapter 27 - What do they want?
Chapter 28 - Building trust
A/N
Chapter 29 - first day of training
Chapter 30 - Now he knows
Chapter 31 - A Warrior's Heart
Chapter 33 - One annoyance gone!
Side Story 1 - Our first Date
Side Story 2 - Love
Chapter 34 - Field trip Pt. 1
Chapter 35 - Field trip Pt. 2
Chapter 36 - Field trip Pt. 3
A/N
A/N
Chapter 37 - Field trip Pt. 4
Chapter 38 - Confrontation
Chapter 39 - Engagement Pt. 1
Chapter 40 - Engagement Pt. 2
Chapter 41 - Back to school
Chapter 42 - No idea how to name this chapter

Chapter 32 - New routes

166 11 2
By K4iden_

A/N hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter this week, I sadly hadn't had much time to write. Next chapter should be longer.

Anyways thanks for over 5k views. I appreciate your support alot.

And now without further ado enjoy this chapter.

3P POV

"But before we beginn, might I ask how you managed to obtain insights into all three branches of Aether?" A more then curious Rinia asked.

"I was taught by someone that posses an understanding of Aether that exceeds that of the djinn's or Asura's by a tremendous amount." Lucas responded.

"When you say that this persons insights exceeds that of the djinn and Asura, can I assume that they are of a different race?" Rinia questioned.

"You would be right with that assumption. She belongs to the race of the demons." He retorted.

"Demons? I'm sorry but I never heared of such a race and neither have I ever seen any evidenz of thier existence throughout my visions." Rinia replied, confusion written all over her face.

"Thats because they do not exsit in this world." Lucas stated matter of factly.

"This world?! So is she like Arthur, a reincarnation?"

"No, she is not and Arthur isn't one aswell." Lucas explained.

"What do you mean Arthur isn't a reincarnation, I have seen it myself."

"Thats a little bit complicated to explain. It would be easier if I just show you." He said as he reached out a hand.

Rinia took his hand sceptically and a flood of memorys rushed into her mind. It was hard to comprehend so much information at once but due to her abilitys it was nothing she couldn't handle.

The memorys Lucas shared with her didn't just show his conversation with Grey, his reincarnation and Asmodina and her teachings it also included parts of his past life. Under normal circumstances he hadn't shown her anything regarding his past life but for her to understand how he obtain his knowledge about this world it was necessary.

Dispite her mental capacity, Rinia still needed a few minutes to process all of it but after she was done with it she looked at Lucas with pitty.

"Oh Lucas, so young and so many burdens to carry. Not only in this but in your former life aswell. Nothing a single person should have to carry." She finaly said as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"I know and to be honest it is frightening. I have gained so many people that I care for and the thought that I might not be capable to save them scares me. But thankfully I'm not alone this time. In my old world I was the only one that was strong enough to kill the Queen's and to free the world from the tyranny of those monster but this world is different. There are alot of people that have the potential to reach a realm of strength most can only dream of. Like Arthur or Tessia, some of the Disciplinary Committee officers, a few adventurer, the Lances and even Virion. So many people that can be pillars of hope for Dicathen when trained corectly. And I will provid them this training." Lucas said adamant to not do the same mistakes twice.

"As you said yourself this would be to much for a single person to carry but if you divide it amongst many it becames nothing but a task. Still a difficult one but manageable." He added as their eyes met.

"And I wish for you that this will happen. That those people will rise and stand by your side, for that you wouldn't have to carry all those burdens alone on your shoulders yet again. I as well will support you with all I have." She said with a genuine smile.

"I know that you will and for that please take those." He replied as he handed her a wooden casket.

She opened it to find tea leaves. She looked at him perplexed, uncertain why he would give her that.

"We both know that nomatter what I say you will continue to use your ability and to prevent your death I give you those. These are special tea leaves. Their are enhanced with a powerfull healing spell that will shorten the amount of life force you would sacrifice by looking into the future by alot. Due to the aetheric natur of said ability those tea leaves can only do so much. I wish they could negate this factor entirely but sadly that isn't possible." He explained.

She thanked him sincerely for this gived before she closed the casket and stored it into her storage-ring.

They quickly moved onto the topic of the war. Lucas expounded his plans for the various battles they will fight in the future to her. He explained that there will be deviations to the story line he knows of due to it being a parallel universe and the incident that Grey warned him of  that could occur at any time. He showed her the map he and Fraener created with most of the corrupted dungeons marked on.

Furthermore did they brainstormed how they could help Dicathen without altering the future. Overall did they talk for more then two houres. In the end were they able to improve some of Lucas' plans and creat new ones that he hadn't even thought about.

"That should be enough for now. We still have a few month until it gets serious. That leaves us more then enough time to overthink it all and possible improve our preparations." Lucas said with a satisfied smile on his face.

"I have to agree." Rinia replied with a approving nod.

"Alright there is just one last thing I would like to ask. You didn't seem to surprised when you found out that I read about this world in a book, why?" He asked.

"I would be lying if I said I am not shocked that our lifes are nothing but merely work of fiction in other worlds. But it dosen't seem impossible when you take the infinite amount of worlds into consideration. Anything is possible when you observ it with the factor of infinite." She explained.

Lucas only hummed in understanding before he let time resume.

"-first day of school did he confess his love to me. We sat under the big tree on the meadow in the center of the acadamy. We watched the sunset and catched up with each other and as I was about to stand up he pulled me down and confessed." Tessia said with a beaming smile.

"Thats lovely Tess. I'm so happy for you." Rinia said as she pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you, and look at the beautyful pendant he gave me." Tessia said as she pulled it out from under her top.

"Its truly beautyful, princess. It fits you perfectly." Aya commented, taking a closer look at the gunmetal silver flower head. "The emerald has the exact same color as your eyes." She said in amazement.

"I'm impressed Arthur but how did you know that it is a custom in elven culture to gift our significant other jewelry that resembles them?" Virion asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I had some help." He replied gazing over to Lucas.

"I just told you about the custom, you're the one that picked the pendant." Lucas retorted.

"Did your mother taught you about our customs?" Virion asked.

"She did, it was important to her to teach me anything I would have to know about my elven heritage." He replied, a smile on his face remembering all the times his mother pounded knowledge into his head. "Anyways, I have to leave now. I promised Caera to meet for dinner. You and Tess probably want to spend some more time with Virion if I had to guess." He added.

"Sadly we have to leave aswell." Virion said.

"Already, but we haven't had much time to talk." Tessia asked sulking.

"I'm sorry little one, but I'm actually only here because I had to talk with Cynthia. It was spontaneous that I sparred with Lucas. But don't worry I will take some time for you next week, I promis." Virion promis taking Tessia into a hug.

"You're better not lying to me." She replied in a muffled tone. "Arthur, lets join Lucas and Caera for dinner. We can do my assimilation afterwards, right?" She aksed.

"That shouldn't be a problem. I only have a DC meeting sometime after dinner but there should be more then enough time untill then for todays training." Arthur replied taking her hand.

And with that they all made their way out. Tessia and Arthur decided to accompany Virion and co. to the gates and meet up with Lucas in the cafeteria afterwards.

As they left the faculty building Lucas saud one last thing to Virion.

"Virion! Only trust those that you know by heart." He said before he walked of, leaving a confused Virion behind.

It took Lucas only mere minutes to arrive at the cafeteria were Caera already waited for him.

"Hello." He said with a warm smile. Ever since Fayrith teased him earlier today Lucas can't get rid of the thought of him dating her. Would it be right to date her? Wouldn't it make him a traitor if he would? Does he even like her in that way?

It is true that he cares for her and that she is important to him, but does  that mean he 'loves' her? He never had to think about love in his first live. Not because he didn't want to he just hadn't had the time for stuff like that. But maybe he would have the time in this life. Gray said that he could find love in this world. 

'Should I try it? Should I allow myself to love? But more importantly, would she even reciprocate my feelings for her, if I had them? She is still from Alacrya, sure she dosen't support Agrona but that dosen't mean that she likes us Dicathens, that she likes me? Why does it have to be so complicated?' He thought to himself.

"Hello. Your later then usual. I thought you might have forgotten our promis." She said sounding relived?!

"As if I would forget that. I just had a sparring match with Tess' grandfather and we somewhat lost track of the time. I'm sorry if you had to wait for me." He said apologetic.

"No, no its fine. You came and thats what matters." She said with a slight blush.

"Do you want to go inside?" He asked gesturing to the door.

"Yes" she quickly answer.

Inside they got into the line to receive their food. After the got it they went looking for open seats.

"I see some over there." Caera said pointing to a mostly empty table.

They, as allways, sat down next to each other and begann to eat and talk. Arthur and Tessia joined them after about 10 minutes. Together they chatted about anything and as time does when you'er having fun, it went by quickly. They finished their meal and left.

"Then we will see you later Arthur. Tess, have a good night." Lucas said.

"Good night you two. Lucas if possible I would like to train on my plant magic tomorrow, do you think you could help me?" Tess asked shyly.

"Ofcourse." He replied smiling.

"Good night Tessia and see you later Arthur." Caera said before she and Lucas parted ways with them.

"So how long until the meeting starts?" Caera asked.

"We have around an hour." Lucas stated.

"An hour to fill. Do you have something in mind we could do until the meeting starts?" She asked.

"Not really. An hour isn't much time to beginn with." Lucas replied.

"Then lets go to the DC office and wait there." Caera suggested.

Lucas hummed in agreement and they made their way to the DC office.

"I had never expected that so many students would join after school clubs. It is pleasantly quite around this time." Caera said.

And she was right. In comparison to the after lunch break there are nearly no students in sight.

It was quite and peaceful wherever you go. A rather rare occurrence in consideration of the latest attacks on DC officers or students. But nevertheless they both enjoyed it to its fullest.

As they walked alongside the pathway  a beautiful scenery met their eyes. The sun shined through the various buildings dyeing the majority of the school grounds in red. A really stunning view.

Arriving at the DC office they immediately went inside only to finde most of the DC officers already present.

"Lucas good to see you!" Theodore called out.

"Good to see you aswell. Say did qe get the time wrong?" Lucas asked in confusion.

"No you didn't. Most of us only arrived minutes earlier." Theodore responded.

"I see." Lucas replied taking his seat next to Claire.

"As I can see only Arthur and Doradrea are still missing, right?" Claire asked noone in particular.

"Arthur helps Tessia with the assimilation of her beast Will. He should be here on time." Lucas answered leaning back in his chair.

To kill some time they decided to hold some sparring matchs. They went down to the small arena and group up in pairs of two with only Kai and Lucad not participating.

"Who wants to go first?" Lucas, who offered to be the referee, asked.

"We will go first!" Theodore exclaimed with Curtis in tow.

They both got into a fighting stance. Lucas asked if they are ready to which they both nodded. He declared the start of the fight and both fighters stormed forward.

Theodore being the stronger one with higher control over his element turned out to be the winner.

Following them were Kathlyn and Fayrith. With Kathlyn bearly being the winner. Their fight was the most even one.

The last and also longest fight was between Claire and Caera. Lucas could see how much Claire had improved her skills in the last few years but sadly she was no match for Caera.

As the fight reached its end did Arthur and Doradrea finally arrived.

The whole group went upstairs and settled down at the giant table.

"Alright everyone, as you all know do we have problems with a racist group in this school that not only attacks us but innocent students aswell. Those attacks are using an elixir that boosts their strength tremendously. Due to those recent events do we assume that they plan their attacks at night. Which leads us to the agenda of todays meeting. We intented to implement a night watch and revise our curent patrolling routes." Claire announced.

In the following two houres were new routes created and Arthur, Kai, Caera and Lucas volenteered for the night watch.

"That should be all. You are dismissed. Rest well." Claire said as she rose from her chaire. The rest of the DC followed and they each went to their doorm rooms.

-2466 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.6K 1.5K 52
Honour, Knowledge, Power, and Motivation. Those were the things that fuelled him to do the things he had to do. After Vergil was killed by his brothe...
25K 1.4K 26
The universe's greatest creation. A young elemental with the power to control the sky and everything beneath it. But instead of being gifted a life a...
1.3K 83 5
Agrona Vritra desired to bring power from one of the numberless world's he saw through fate rune's power.... Yet in arrogance he didn't heed the w...
16.2K 684 12
What if Arthur beat everyone he deemed an enemy to him after uncovering Fate? But in the process lost everyone he loved in the midst of this war. Cou...