Enigma of Darkness//Vkook

Od TeaCOokie4u

Taehyung, a young master of Kims when come to the world after isolating himself in the grief of his Grandfath... Více

The troublemaker
The second pillar- Jeon
Omegas are not pets
The unexpected meet
The birthday party
Waltz my way into your thoughts
The missing doctor
This brother of mine
Gandok
Gandok II
Trouble likes me
Save Merlyn
Troubles in paradise
Hard to say, difficult to hide
The beta and a dog
The dice in enemy's court
Fall of a hero
Heart knows what mind doesn't
His mate
Near yet so far
The true blood alpha won't sit quietly
Don't be afraid, I am here.
Time is all I have
I will accept your hate
Mr. Troublemaker and Mr. Nuisance
The adventurous night of the club
The unique audio messages
A mother's love
What am I doing here?
Fractured hearts
No one is going to know
The Dark Grove
The Antihero Alpha
We are going home.
Friends
The true-blood alpha is acting weirdly
A memorable heat
He is just jealous.
The article
Ambivalent feelings
Accident or conspiracy?
A proposal of deliberateness
Drunk Shenanigans
Unfamiliar sensibilities
The indelible conference
The unexpected date
Whispers of romance
Troublemakers on the loose
The perilous trap
Veiled love
The soothing embrace of the mate
Kiss of clarity and reconciliation
Bound by devotion
The unyielding and unconditional family bond
Something is wrong with General Jeon
A subtle touch of warmth in chaos
I will protect what's mine
A spring touch
I found my destined mate
The beautiful omega
The fury of justice
A legacy of love and power
The unseen bond
Wild cub, gentle bond
Unexpected antics and silent conversations

Suits you like your mate

633 61 5
Od TeaCOokie4u

Jeongguk inhales deeply. He was in a meeting when the sudden anxiousness hit him like the last time when Taehyung was in danger at the base. 

Not being able to reach the alpha, he prayed and wished hard to hear from him, and in the next moment, he heard Taehyung's voice.

It was a miracle. Jeongguk has still not adjusted to having a mate and now these differences and changes bring more shock to him. Nonetheless, he was happy and relieved that he could hear Taehyung.

 “I just felt like you are in trouble and tried reaching you.”

Taehyung scoffs upon hearing it. “I understand. Your worries would have lessened if I had listened to your advice of keeping the guards. Am I right?”

Jeongguk becomes silent upon hearing Taehyung's sarcastic tone. The Moon Goddess wanted to say something to Taehyung, but he doesn’t let her, continuing to speak to the true blood alpha.

“You don’t need to worry about me.” 

Jeongguk responds, his voice vibrating and causing an itch in Taehyung’s heart. “That is my part of the concern. Let me make this choice for myself. Taehyung...Were you in any trouble? I don't know how, but I felt your fear.” 

He speaks each word slowly and calmly, not wanting to hurt Taehyung or upset him more than he is now.

“I am an alpha. I can take care of myself.” Taehyung answers straightforwardly.

“Can you let me at least open up your worries and concern to me, if not as a mate, then as a friend, as your hyung, and as someone who has known each other for long? I want to get to know you more, fill in the gaps, and amend my mistakes. Am I not deserving of any of this?”

Taehyung throat bobs hearing the words. He wanted to agree, but the reality is not that beautiful. He looks around him at the dark forest and knows if Jeongguk finds out what he is up to, he will never accept him. 

He exhales his frustration and then smiles, his beautiful features exploding in handsomeness. “You know this mind link goes both ways and the best part is you can cut it when not required.” 

Taehyung closes his eyes. He could hear Jeongguk calling his name and in the next second, there was silence. 

He opens his eyes after a long pause. The mark on the forehead vanishes, and the heterochromatic color of the eyes returns. 

Taehyung looks down. His smile was gone, and so was his enthusiasm for being here. He wanted to return to his room and lie on his bed. This was once his dream, but now when it has become his reality, he is pushing it away. 

His head was still aching from the sudden contact with his mate. He meets Moon Goddess' gaze. 

“When were you going to tell me about it?”

The Moon Goddess looks at him in guilt and a mixture of joy and excitement. Before she could answer, Lucas runs to them with something in his hand. 

“Look, I found it.”

Taehyung and Moon Goddess focus on the book-like thing in his hand. “I wrote everything.” 

He grins, glancing at the bodies lying around. “You found them. My mates have helped in feeding and providing resources. ” He squats and caresses the face of one of the bodies.

"Finding them is not a problem in this forest. Some end their life on their own will while others killed to serve a purpose."

Taehyung narrows his eyes. He has his suspicion but still asks the question that has been bugging him. “How did you survive all this time?”

The man grins, his mouth extending creepily, giving a full view of his teeth and gums. He looks at Taehyung meaningfully. 

“They helped me. Their skin, blood, everything can be used in need.” 

Taehyung feels a chill watching the man salivate at the thought of it. He felt vulnerable in front of this cannibal. When seeing the bodies piled up like this, he had this thought cross his mind but didn't expect Lucas to accept his deeds.

Lucas walks on his forelegs, getting closer to the alpha. Taehyung gulps and moves back as the man checks his features. Lucas sits on the ground and hands him the journal that he dug up from the soil.

He giggles. “The mine was not an accident but a planned assassination of our people. There are many crimes at our hands. My family was used. He uses everyone. He will use your mate to achieve his goals. Only your bond can protect us.” 

Taehyung had no desire of touching that filthy thing, but he was curious about the information written in it. 

“I am not a madman as you think. I have learned and spent time knowing about the dark history of Gandok. Has been a part of it. The dark age is not yet over. It has just stagnated. He will gain power and begin the horrors again. This family only loves to kill. We are cursed to kill.”

The hatred and seriousness in Lucas's eyes make Taehyung hold his breath. He was sure that he could see death in those eyes. The air around them felt to have stilled.

Taehyung hurries and gets up. Lucas's eyes watch his every move silently. 

Taehyung hesitantly says, “I need to go now. We will meet again. I will try to get you out of here.”

This time Lucas's smile vanishes completely. “We won’t. My goal is accomplished here. Moon Goddess saved me for this moment only. Now my soul is hers to take." 

He meets Taehyung's eyes. "Darkness hides the truth and keeps it safe for the right moment.” Lucas chuckles and runs away into the dark forest. 

Taehyung wanted to stop him, but the Goddess prevents him. She gestures to Taehyung to leave. The patrolling will begin in an hour, they need to leave the place before that. Taehyung gives a final glance at the place and then leaves under the guidance of the Moon Goddess.

They safely reach home and Taehyung after washing up goes straight to the study to check on the journal and photos he brought back.

Coming back to the present, he looks at the Moon Goddess who finally opens her eyes. 

“Did you read it?” She asks.

Taehyung sighs, thinking about it. He has not slept the previous night. Several questions needed answers and various emotions wanted relief. 

“Yes, I am still processing it. I have to look for more information. I don’t know what to feel like. Things are complicated, more than I thought. Were you knowing about all of this?”

The Moon Goddess gets down. She sits next to Taehyung and pats his hand. “You are apprehending the true, wild nature of humans. They can do anything to survive, to hold power.” 

"There is more to come." She glances at the door, then vanishes.

The butler knocks and enters, getting permission from Taehyung. “Sir, your clothes for the lunch at Ji's family have arrived.” 

Taehyung raises his brow upon hearing this, "Mr. Ji is still in the mood to party?"

The butler does not answer and puts the suit in the wardrobe. Taehyung’s phone starts to ring. He picks it up, seeing Elian on the call.

His roommate asks him to check the news as something big happened. Taehuyng narrows his eyes, putting the phone away. He checks the news and was shocked to see the headlines flashing the forest fire burning the Dark Grove.

He grits his teeth in disbelief. That place has the least chance of catching fire such a disaster cannot be natural. 

Taehyung watches as the journalist talks with the authorities showing their worry and giving reasons to explain why these things can happen. Upon the suspicion shown by the journalist, the bureaucrat waves it away, saying they are more worried to put off the fire and save this site than looking into these matters.

Taehyung watches the camera showing the forest he visited the previous night. His eyes widen as the thought of Lucas being there occurs in his mind. 

He hurries to go and look for him. The butler upon seeing Taehyung in a rush, calls for him, gaining the attention of Jin and Gareth. The two stopped Taehyung before he could step out.

Taehyung tries to free himself and gives a questioning gaze to his family. Jin and Gareth do not budge. Taehyung's tense behavior and agitation hinted to them where he is heading to. 

“You can’t go there,” Jin says.

Taehyung looks at his brother in disbelief. He knew they have got the news before him, but there seems to be more to it. 

“Were you knowing about this plan?” He shouts frustrated, struggling to free himself from them.

Jin glances at his father, then slowly nods, affirming it. Taehyung was devastated watching his brother nod. 

He inhales, giving up on the strength to fight. “Why did you let him? We know there can never be a forest fire in that Grove.”

His father tries to make him understand. “Tae…I told you not all decisions can be taken according to our wishes, we have to make sacrifices. You have to wait for the right moment to act. A decision made in a hurry seldom gives good results.”

“What sacrifice?” Taehyung shouts, stepping away from them. He felt sick inside. 

Isa rushes there upon hearing the shouts. Watching her family in such a tense situation her heart breaks. She sees her younger son in distress and tries to approach him, but he stops her.

Taehyung pleads with his family. “Let me go. I have my reasons, just like yours.”

Jin tries to make him understand, cupping his brother's face. “There is media and a lot of attention focused on that place at the moment. They are ready to fabricate any story and find any clue that could lead them to a piece of big news. We can’t risk you being there. Just accept it as a  natural disaster.”

“No…I can’t wait and let people die.” Taehyung was ready to go. Namjoon and Isa hold him.

“You know nobody goes there. There is no one to save.” Isa tries to console him, rubbing his arm slowly.

Taehyung’s temper rises, and he shakes their hands away. “You are hiding the wrongdoings of our ancestors in that fire. There are teenagers, homeless who go there. You will kill them all.”

None of them were willing to listen to Taehyung or grant his wish. They were determined to make him not leave the home for now. 

It was not their fault. At times like this Jin, Jeongguk, and Yeon's entry can only be acceptable, any other unrelated person can stir gossip and story among people.

Taehyung's image was already not that good in this place. The blame could be easily pushed on him for having a relation to the message given by Umbra.

Taehyung frees himself and holds his father's hand. “Dad, stop this…this is our chance to repent…please don’t do this.”

Gareth feels a shiver, hearing those words. He was shocked and suspicious of the information Taehyung has of that place and concerned about his source of information.

He was unsure how much Taehyung knows and was afraid to talk on this topic. He remains quiet on this matter and asks Taehyung to get back to his room. For him, his son's safety was the priority.

Silence prevails in the room when the loud noise from the television reaches their ears. The news reporter talks about Umbra and asks the department if this incident is a way to hide something from the people.

They look at the screen overlooking everything else.

The officer rejects it, calling it an absurd idea and a matter of coincidence. “This fire is caused because of the lightning. The weather a month ago was not good, we have all witnessed it and you know this forest is very dense. We were not able to trace the source causing this forest to burn and slowly it took the other trees in its flames.”

Taehyung scoffs upon hearing it. He watches the huge flames burning the place in the shots taken from the helicopter and strides back to his room, shutting the door behind him.

The Moon Goddess was looking outside the window in the direction of that forest. She speaks in a solemn tone. “The deity abandoned the forest and with it the lives of many.”

Taehyung walks up to her. He felt defeated and lost, “I am sorry I could not save him.”

Moon Goddess looks at him “Anger takes us nowhere. You have to be calm. You know this path is not easy. You will face more failures than success. You have to show them that nothing like this affects you anymore and do your work silently like you used to do before.”

Taehyung was surprised to hear it, but then a little hope arises. He joins Moon Goddess and watches the sun shining on Gandok. 

“Then I will wait for his next move.”

The Moon Goddess smiles facing him. "You should not feel guilty for matters that were not in your power to handle. Lucas knew he had no time left. His purpose in life was to meet you and tell you everything he has found. Just like your grandfather."

Taehyung feels his eyes sting at the mention of the name. "If only Grandad was here. He would have been excited to know that I can see you."

"He knew. I have known him since the time he was a handsome young man. You resemble him." 

The Moon Goddess had a fond smile on her lips recalling the young man dressed in regal attire approaching her with knitted brows and enquiring eyes. 

She looks down at her hand as those mesmerized eyes return to her memory. "He was thrilled to know that you can see me, just like him." 

Taehyung raises his brow at that. His interest was piqued. He watches as Moon Goddess brings the suit to Taehyung gesturing him to change into it. Taehyung hesitates then takes it going to get dressed.

When he comes out, he curiously asks the Moon Goddess. "Grandad never told me anything related to his past except for what was necessary for me to know. Is that hidden part related to you?"

Taehyung searched her eyes for the answer. She gazes at Taehyung through the mirror and then pats his head, helping him in wearing the coat. "Always eager for information." She teases.

Taehyung rubs his nape in shyness. She walks to the bunny lying on a chair and picks up the cap from his head. Taehyung watches her silently as she approaches him and makes him wear Jeongguk’s cap.

“Suits you like your mate.” She grins. Taehyung rolls his eyes upon hearing it. He looks at himself in the mirror. The cap was really nice but it suited Jeongguk more. That man can make anyone weak with his looks. 

Taehyung sighs, defeated by his train of thought. “It only looks best on this bunny.” Taehyung puts it back, brushing it once. 

Taehyung walks towards the door, then turns back looking at the Moon Goddess. He smiles. "Thanks for lifting my mood."

She grins and gestures at him with her hand while saying "You look handsome." Taehyung shakes his head not believing her then goes down to join to family.

Jin and Gareth have asked him to join them in a meeting and then together they would go to lunch. Taehyung was ready to sleep throughout the meeting. 

He was waiting for the lunch and to see what has Yeon prepared for him and Umbra, if he has.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

140K 8K 54
"I don't know where our relationship will go. Loving same gender is consider as a sin here - " the talking man cut off by other man who suddenly pull...
682K 20.6K 48
Cover made by @gxc_ava 34 Chapter's Kim Taehyung, a male omega, has been running and hiding to keep him alive. Why is he running and hiding? What hap...
103K 7.9K 49
A taekook fanfiction ♡ Alpha Jeon Jungkook didn't expect his fated mate to be a trueblood alpha. Having an alpha as his fated one was fine but a true...
26.4K 846 47
Taehyung's face flushed crimson, his breaths shallow and rapid, his heart pounding in his chest like a drum. His hands trembled as he instinctively p...