ALWAYS || Katsuki Bakugo

By Azzo00

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。 ⊱ 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚋 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝙸... More

0- Pain
1- Complicated
1.5- Information
2- Do It Again
3-Lost
4- Fool
5- Ignore
5.5- 2 AM
6- Rabid Pomeranian
7- Existence
8- Cupid
9- Detention Buddy
10- Awake
11- Each Other
12- Thrilling
13- Mystery
14- Hell
15- Annoyingly Pissy Voice
16- Exhilarating
17- Supportive Friend
18- Fucking Weirdo
19- I Will Not Be Afraid
20- Memory
22- Bestie Duties
23- Drown
24- Rubies
25- Seventeen
25.5
26- Victory
27- We Won
28- Relate
29- Scared
30- Confident
31- Above And Beyond
32- Weapon
33- Damn Solar Panel
34- Trust
35- This Girl
36- Warm and Fuzzy
37- Lean On Me
38- Feelings
39- One-sided
40- Given Names
41- Beside Him
42- Baked With Love
43- As Long As You Want
44- Worth It
45- Ruin Our Friendship
46- Cuddly
47- My Princess
48- Hopelessly In Love
49- Disappointment
50- I'll Wait
51- Breaking Hearts
52- Here For You
53- Beef
54- Fucked Up
55- Forgive
56- Whisper
57- Glad We Met
58- Luckiest Guy
59- Pretty Little Brat
60- Lovesick Idiot
61- A Perfect Date Ruined
62- His Yoshiko
63- Catching Up
64- Fight
65-Rest Day
66- Always
66.5- Yoshiko's Bucket List
67- High
68- Blood Oath
69- Encounter
70- Alive
71- Good Night, Akimitsu Yoshiko
72- Search
73- A Taste of Death

21- Lasting Friendship

1K 52 8
By Azzo00

Recommended song: Infinity- by Yuuri

Triple update? Why the heck not!

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

"Holy shit," Yoshiko said for the millionth time as they inspected the burning house with a few police officers. It was burnt to a crisp. Even though it had been a few hours since the fire was put out, the house was still warm enough to bring sweat to their foreheads.

Yoshiko followed Hawks and Tokoyami into the garage. The car was still there, destroyed after having exploded.

"Holy sh-" She started again.

"Enough with the shits." Dark Shadow interrupted. Yoshiko rolled her eyes and walked around the car, making sure not to touch anything since the officers had asked them not to interfere with any evidence.

"If the car's still here..." Yoshiko chewed on her bottom lip, thinking of what happened to the people who lived there.

"I think so..." Hawks muttered, reading her mind. "Almost everything's been burnt into ashes and crisps... it's possible."

Yoshiko opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. She felt bad for whoever lived here.

"Well, there's nothing for us to do here now," Hawks said, marching out of the garage into the deep of the night, followed by Tokoyoami and Yoshiko. "The police will inform us if they find out what happened."

"Do you think it's a homicide?" Tokoyami asked.

"It's difficult to tell," Hawks said. "It could have been because something caught on fire. But dont worry your little heads about it. We'll get to know soon."

"Our heads aren't little." Yoshiko and Tokoyami murmured. Hawks chuckled and put his hands on their heads.

"After you write your reports on the patrol, you can go home," Hawks said.

"Why, thank you." Yoshiko slapped his hand away jokingly. Hawks put his hand on his forehead dramatically, making Tokoyami mutter something about being childish.

The interns hurriedly wrote a report of their patrol, eager to get to the dorms and get some sleep. Luckily it was the weekend tomorrow, so no hero work for Tokoyami and Yoshiko. They changed into their casual clothes and waved Hawks goodbye.

When Yoshiko got to her room, she found Bear already asleep in his little bed. Yoshiko smiled and kissed his forehead. She fell into her bed, falling into something hard.

"Ow!" She heard Shinsou. Yoshiko pulled the blankets and found Shinsou holding his nose.

"Oh, Hitoshi. What are you doing here?" Yoshiko laughed, surprised to find him asleep in her room. He sleepily rubbed an eye and propped up on one elbow to face Yoshiko.

"Your mattress is comfortable." He said. Yoshiko rolled her eyes and nudged him to make some space for her. He shifted a little, making space for her.

"How was your shift," Sinsou asked, closing his eyes, voice rumbling in his chest.

"It was fine, I guess," Yoshiko replied. "We saw a house on fire, but there was no one inside."

"Oh?"

"I just hope they got out in time..." Yoshiko mumbled. Shinsou didn't reply, his breathing becoming even and soft. The idiot fell asleep.

"Stupid," Yoshiko muttered. "Good night." She put the blankets on top of them and turned her back to him, falling asleep.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

When Yoshiko woke up, Shinsou was gone for his work-study with Aizawa. Bear was licking her face, begging her to wake up. Yoshiko giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him beside her. The dog barked, nuzzling into her.

After a cuddling session, Yoshiko took her phone to check her texts. On the top were a few texts from Shinsou, telling her that he kept the pancakes plate on her bookshelf, away from Bear and that he'd already fed Bear. Yoshiko smiled to herself and thanked him.

She reached for the top shelf where Shinsou had kept the pancakes. While eating breakfast, she decided to train and do her homework at the beach. She wore a navy blue bikini under her baggy white tee and denim shorts, throwing on a pair of sandals to go with her fit. She packed her physics book and a few drinks in her bag. She put on a collar on Bear and set out.

When she got to their private beach, she took out an old bedsheet from her bag and put it down on the sand, a little distance away from the sea. Bear barked happily, trotting towards the sea. He looked back at Yoshiko, chocolate-brown eyes asking for approval while his tail wagged wildly. Yoshiko chuckled and showed him a thumbs-up. He jumped in the water, splashing and swimming.

Yoshiko took off her shirt and shorts, put on sunscreen and lay on sheets, hands under her head. It was a sunny day accompanied by a nice breeze. Yoshiko let out a content sigh and lay on her stomach, taking her physics textbook out of her bag. As she studied, she stored some sunlight, her eyes and hair glowing gold.

It was a perfect day.

Until her fucking phone rang.

Yoshiko sighed, fishing her phone out of her bag. She rolled her eyes when she saw 'Incoming call from Rabid Pomeranian' on the screen. Yoshiko clicked the green button, putting the phone on speaker. "Thanks for ruining my day."

"Hah?" Bakugo said from the other side of the phone.

"You obviously didn't call for hi's and hello's so get on with it," Yoshiko said, skimming a page of her textbook. She didnt understand a thing. Stupid projectiles.

"Well ex-fucking-cuse you, but you agreed we'd spar on Saturday." Bakugo reminded her. Yoshiko pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I agreed 'cause you wouldn't fucking shut up about it."

"Well, too bad. Wait, are you outside?" Bakugo asked, hearing the waves on Yoshiko's end.

"Yeah, I'm at the beach." She replied. She glanced at her textbook one more time when an idea popped into her head. "Hey Bakugo, I'll spar with you if you help me with physics."

"I 'aint yer damn teacher."

"Very well. Goodby-"

"WAIT!" He yelled, making Yoshiko scrunch her nose in annoyance. "I'll fucking tutor you."

"Good boy."

"I'll fucking murder you. Send me your location."

"I'm at the same beach we sparred at a few times before," Yoshiko replied.

"Okay." He said gruffly and hung up.

Yoshiko sighed, sitting on her knees. She glanced at Bear, who was still splashing in the water. She put on her shirt and shorts, laying back down again. She lay on her stomach, cheek squished on the back of her hands, her textbook under her. The sunlight hit her head, making her feel warm and cosy.

I'll catch a nap while Bakugo arrives...

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

"Yosh, wake up." A familiar male voice tried waking her up. Yoshiko mumbled a, 'Get lost'. "Yoshiko, wake up, stupid."

Yoshiko clicked her tongue and opened her eyes ever so slightly. She saw a blur of shaggy black hair with white ends.

"Godamnit, Yoshiko, stop being so lazy." He shook her by the shoulders. With eyes closed, Yoshiko tried remembering why she knew the voice when it hit her.

It was Daisuke's voice.

Yoshiko's eyes snapped open.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Bakugo jumped over the fences that separated Yoshiko's 'rich mom's' private area from the rest of the Beach. He spotted Bear playing in the water, his barks being audible from quite a distance. When Bear saw Bakugo, he came running towards him. Bakugo dug his feet into the ground, preparing himself for the impact, grinning at the dog.

Bear pounced on Bakugo, his tail wagging. Bakugo fell back as Bear licked his face. "Look who's in a good mood," Bakugo said, ruffling the dog's fur. Bear barked in response. He 'hated' Yoshiko but absolutely loved her dog since he seemed to be friendlier with Bakugo.

Bear lead Bakugo to Yoshiko. Bakugo clicked his tongue when he saw her asleep on her textbook. She asked him to come here and fell asleep on him.

"Oi, wake up," Bakugo said, squatting down. She mumbled a 'get lost' and went back to sleep.

Bakugo took note of her two-tone hair glowing gold, casting a soft glow on her freckled face. Bakugo found it difficult to swallow the longer he looked at her. Her face was void of any anger or mischief, replaced with peace. She's so beautiful, I hate her. When Bear barked, Bakugo realised he'd been staring like an idiot.

"Wake up, stupid," Bakugo yelled, shaking her a little. "Godamnit, stop bein' so lazy."

She suddenly sat up straight, eyes wide open, staring into his ruby eyes. "Dais- Oh, Bakugo." Bakugo knitted his eyebrows at the name she was about to say.

"Dont ask me to come meet you when you're gonna fucking sleep on me." Bakugo huffed, sitting crossed-legged on the sheet. Yoshiko stretched her arms above her head, a satisfying pop escaping her shoulders.

"The sun felt so good~," She said.

"What are you? A cat?" Bakugo scoffed at her response. Yoshiko rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, sure. Cat, plant, solar panel, chloroplast. I'm all in one."

"Weirdo. What does your lazy ass want help with." Bakugo asked, absently patting Bear's head in his lap. Yoshiko moved some hair out of her face and showed Bakugo the topic she needed help with.

"Fucking projectiles." She muttered.

"You're so dumb," Bakugo stated.

"Hah? You wanna fight?" Yoshiko glared at him.

"Aint that what I'm here for?" Bakugo smirked.

"You'll get your fight if you manage to make me understand this shit." She pointed a painted nail to her textbook.

"Yeah, yeah, let's get on with it." Bakugo rolled his eyes.

Bakugo's tutoring mostly consisted of yelling at Yoshiko whenever she got stuck, which resulted in her snapping back at him. After he explained an example for the fifth time, he gave her a similar question to try out, which she royally messed up.

"Goddamnit, how can you be this stupid, Solar Panel!" Bakugo yelled, running a hand through his blonde locks. Yoshiko just crossed her arms across her chest and huffed.

"You're just a bad teacher!"

"You're just stupid!" He shot back. "I'm gonna explain another one, and your ass better listen with open ears."

Yoshiko leaned closer, watching him scribble down another question out of his head. "Say you throw a grenade at thirty degrees with an initial speed of twenty metres per second from the ground." Yoshiko bit her lip, stifling a giggle at his choice of object being thrown. "We gotta find its range, height and time of flight. Quick, give me the formulas."

Yoshiko dictated the formulas for him, and he wrote them down and plugged in the formulas.

"Now, first, find the initial horizontal and vertical components of the velocity using trigonometry. Then, you use these equations to find the range, height, and time of flight." He did some calculations on the side and jotted the answers down. "The range is forty metres, height is five metres, and time of flight is two seconds."

Bakugo looked at Yoshiko expectantly, hoping his explanation registered in that stupid head of hers.

"Oh. Okay, I get it." Yoshiko said. She took the notebook from him and tried a question from the exercise on her own. Bakugo watched her scratch her head and scribble down in the notebook. When she was done with the question, she handed him the notebook so he could check her answers.

"Fuckin' finally," Bakugo said.

"It's correct?"

"Yes."

"Oh, cool, I'm going to try some more."

"No. We're sparring right n-"

"Shut up."

Yoshiko completed a whole other exercise while Bakugo nagged her to hurry up. She slapped his arm and put on her headset, putting her volume on full so she couldn't hear Bakugo's yelling.

"Okay, I'm done," Yoshiko said, dumping her books and stationery back in her backpack. Bakugo grunted and stood up.

"Thanks. You're still a bad teacher, though." Yoshiko teased.

"Die."

"We're not sparring with quirks, by the way. Bear might get hurt."

"Whatever."

Yoshiko gave Bear a chew toy and asked him to stay put since she knew he might pounce on Bakugo, thinking he was actually hurting her. Yoshiko patted Bear's head and walked towards Bakugo, who was stretching his muscles.

Bakugo watched Yoshiko with a smirk as she put her hair up in a tight bun. Oh, how he wanted to beat the shit out of her. "Best of three matches wins," Bakugo said.

"Fine with me," Yoshiko said, getting into her fight stance.

Bakugo charged first, and they fell into a rhythm of punches and kicks. They had memorized each other's attack patterns, dodging and ducking with ease. Bear got too close to them a few times, and Yoshiko had to shoo him off, reassuring him that Bakugo wasn't hurting her.

Yoshiko won the first match, and Bakugo won the second. They were on to the third.

They fought for several minutes, neither willing to give up or back down, eager to prove to the other that they were the best one. And this match would be the one that decided who won. They had bruises and cuts on their faces and arms, but they did not care. The world around them became a blur as they focused on only one another, punching, kicking, dodging, breathing.

They threw their fists at each other at the same time, their fists colliding. Yoshiko felt a surge of pain in her knuckles, but she did not flinch. They grinned animalistically at each other, trying to throw each other off balance as they were stuck in a stalemate, waiting for the other to fall down.

Yoshiko felt her spine lean backwards as Bakugo tried throwing her off balance. Goddamnit, he had more power than she did. A change of plans.

Yoshiko slipped her wrist past his guard and threw a hook to his jaw. Yoshiko raised her leg and front-kicked his chest, sending him flying backwards. He fell onto the sand with a thud. Yoshiko wasted no time in digging her knee into his stomach, grabbing his bicep with one hand and his face with the other.

Bakugo's vision blurred as his head spun. It took him a few seconds to realise that he lost the match.

"I win," Yoshiko said, removing her hand from his face. Her knee was still on his stomach, her hands beside his head as she hovered over him, panting. Her hair came undone, curtaining his face from the beach around him. Bakugo's breath caught in his chest as he stared into the silver of her eyes.

Yoshiko got off him, standing up and putting her hands on her hips, taking deep breaths.

Bakugo sat up, crossing his legs as he watched her walk towards her bag with a surge of emotions in his chest. He felt a mix of anger, disappointment and maybe... respect? He hated to admit it, but he was starting to like sparring with her.

Yoshiko returned with Bear on her heels. She had a bottle of cold orange juice touch his cheek, making him jump.

"Oi!" Bakugo yelled. Yoshiko laughed and sat across from him on the sand, handing him the bottle. Her white shirt had gotten messy with sand. He took the bottle from her and uncapped it, taking big sips out of it, feeling his insides cool.

"You've got a few gashes and bruises on your face," Yoshiko said, silver eyes inspecting his jaw, where a light purple bruise sat.

"Same for you," Bakugo grunted. Yoshiko took a swig from her bottle and scooted closer to him, making Bakugo knit his eyebrows.

When her hair started floating slightly and glowing golden, he realised she was going to heal him. "I dont need your stupid healing."

"Shut the fuck up." Yoshiko deadpanned. She cupped his cheek, her hand glowing gold. Bakugo felt her touch electrify his face, and he felt that warm and fuzzy feeling he felt once before when she healed his cut. He felt the pain from his jaw fade away. She took his hands in hers, where a few cuts and bruises lay on his knuckles, healing away that too.

When she was done, she withdrew her hand. She fell onto her back, letting out a content sigh.

"Ah~ That was a great match." She said, closing her eyes.

"Whatever," Bakugo muttered, not taking his eyes off her.

"We should workout together."

"Thats if your lazy ass can keep up."

"It's decided then." Yoshiko said, opening an eye and smirking at him.

The strange sensation in his chest was back. He felt a connection with her. A connection he didn't feel with anyone else. She was so much like him. He was finding it difficult to hate her with every passing day.

Maybe he didn't really hate her.

Bear bought Yoshiko a stick, and she got up, throwing the stick. Bear ran after it. As Bakugo watched her, a question he'd been wanting to ask came floating to his mind. He got up and brushed the sand off his sweatpants.

"Oi, Solar Panel," Bakugo said, standing beside her, watching Bear run towards them with the stick.

"I have a name, you know?" Yoshiko said. "How difficult is it to say Akimitsu?" Bear gave her the stick, and she threw it again, sending Bear after it.

Bakugo rolled his eyes. "Okay. I was going to ask why you failed the entrance test? You must've been a big idiot last year."

Yoshiko froze for a second. Bear handed Bakugo the stick, and Bakugo threw it far away with full force, sending the dog yapping after it. Yoshiko bit her lip, studying Bakugo's bored face. He was her partner, and he seemed to be bringing up that question every time they spared. Plus, he didnt seem to be the type to go around telling people. When Bear came again with the stick, she took it from him and threw it.

"Only Hitoshi and a few teachers know of this," Yoshiko said, walking towards the shore, letting the water hit her ankles. Bakugo followed her, rolling his sweatpants up. She took a deep breath. "Before I tell you anything, I'm gonna ask you to keep your pity to yourself. I hate that shit."

"Hah, as if I do that shit."

Despite her heavy heart, she gave Bakugo a smile.

"Last year, a month before the entrance exam, my brother died." It felt difficult for Yoshiko to say these words. It felt like the words were looking at her in the face and screaming that it was a lie. Even after a year, Yoshiko felt like she couldn't let her brother go.

"Oh."

Another deep breath. "And It was like I lost the will to do anything. I tried to train, but it would end up with me falling to my knees and crying like a pathetic bitch. I just... couldn't bring myself to face reality."

I still can't.

"And for cherry on top, my ex broke up with me three days before the exam."

Another 'Oh.' from Bakugo. Yoshiko laughed to herself and ran a hand down her face. "During the exam, I did nothing. All I could think of was my ex and my dead brother. I did get 10 points, but you can't exactly get in with that much."

"Duh."

"Well, anyways. I'm here now. It doesn't matter." Yoshiko said, watching Bear splash in the water. Bakugo watched her side profile. She looked like she needed to let a ton of shit out of her chest. But he didn't bother pressing her for more.

"What breed is he?" Bakugo asked, changing the topic to save them the awkwardness. Yoshiko was grateful for that.

"He's a Newfoundland dog," Yoshiko said, lovingly smiling at Bear.

"They usually this big?"

"Mhm. They're really strong work dogs. They were companions in vessels to help haul nets and retrieve people from the sea." Bear came trotting to Yoshiko. She bent down and ruffled his fur. Bear barked happily and looked at Bakugo, wagging his tail. Bakugo held his hand out, and Bear nuzzled into his palm.

"He likes you." Yoshiko laughed.

"As he should."

"You're not very likeable, though," Yoshiko said. Bakugo pushed Yoshiko, causing her to fall down. Yoshiko looked up at Bakugo with a smirk, making him raise an eyebrow.

She discreetly took a fistful of sand, and when he busied himself with babying Bear, she threw it at him. Bakugo slowly turned his face to her, his aura darkening. He chased her as she shrieked, using explosions to boost her speed. Bear barked and chased after them.

Little did they know, a fistful of sand to the face is the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Idk much about dogs because I never had one. I've always wanted one, but sadly, I can't keep one. So now you know why I gave Yoshi a dog lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 123 23
Katsuki Bakugou is a hot headed teen who wants nothing more than to be the best hero possible. When he meets y/n, he has a feeling he's never felt b...
529K 17.3K 53
STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN UNDER THE TITLE OF 'it began with you'. ---- 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰. Y/n was born int...
15.6K 1K 64
"Katsuki's core heated as he was left speechless. His lips parted slightly as Izuku's thumb slipped into his mouth, and he instinctively sucked on it...
21.7K 724 87
Almost 100 chapters? I know. That's a big commitment to some random fanfic on the internet. But I truly love Bakugou with my entire heart, I've poure...