─ limitless ; jjk

By LivelyPotter

─ in which shy, introverted elena morgan meets jungkook jeon and his son. 2024 © LivelyPotter acade... More

─ 00. synopsis
─ 00. act one
─ 01. intimidating men
─ 02. twenty dollar bill
─ 03. surprise meetings
─ 04. vicious women
─ 05. caught
─ 06. dirty thoughts, innocent mind
─ 07. the book
─ 08. shocking revelations
─ 09. the distance between us
─ 00. act two
─ 11. bruises
─ 12. broken
─ 13. ruined
─ 14. home and heartbreak
─ 15. mind, heart, and soul
─ 16. never like this
─ 17. would i?
─ 18. whole
─ 19. this sucks
─ 20. i wish i could hate him
─ 00. act three
─ 21. string her up
─ 22. family is a choice
─ author's note
─ 23. special nickname
─ 24. mommy?
─ 25. the truth, at last
─ 26. sleepover?
─ 27. madly, obsessively, innocently, and captivatedly
─ 28. homeward bound
─ 29. together once more
─ 30. unconditionally devoted to her
─ 00. act four
─ 31. caught red handed
─ 32. elena's 'great' escape
─ 33. desperately seeking
─ 34. call me by my name
─ 35. bedtime stories
─ 36. late night conversations and confessions
─ 37. a goddess in disguise
─ 38. don't let the hard days win
─ 39. entirely hers, forever
─ 40. my love for you is limitless
─ 00. act five
─ 41. good girl
─ 42. smutty books, addicting lips, and dark promises
─ 43. not so innocent after all...oh crackers!
─ 44. don't worry about me
─ 45. no other comparison
─ 46. kayli made me do it!
─ 47. toy stores
─ 48. being outed by a six-year-old
─ 49. lost without you
─ 50. epilogue
─ limitless; a moment of reflection

─ 10. limitless

320 23 13
By LivelyPotter

─ 10. limitless

***

ELENA’S POV

The weeks passed by, and I was the happiest I had ever been.

I hadn’t yet told my family about Mister Jeon and I – because there wasn’t much to tell. After that night, we took everything slow – as in the only thing we did was talk for hours, with me perched on his lap.

I wanted to learn about him before I introduced him to my family as something more than a friend.

We were getting to know each other, slowly, and I was enjoying every moment I spent with him and Dae.
I was going to his house almost daily, per his request, and spent time with him and Dae. And when I wasn’t at his house – and texted and spoke on the phone before bed.

Being with Dae and Mister Jeon almost made me forget about the entire thing about my parents. It was nearly a month since they sent that message to Mr. B and Vic, and we weren’t closer to finding a solution. It was inevitable that I would have to leave.

But I didn’t know what to say about Mister Jeon.

Could I tell him the truth?

“What are you think about, hmm?” Mister Jeon asked, hooking his finger underneath my chin and looking into my eyes, after putting Dae to bed.

I felt his thigh shift underneath my bottom and giggled, “Nothing…” I trailed off. Mister Jeon rose a brow and urged me to continue, “I…I’m just happy.” I admitted honestly.

Mister Jeon smiled widely, nuzzling his nose with mine, “So am I, sweetie.” He winked and tapped his cheek with a single tattooed finger.

Giggling and blushing, I pressed my lips to his cheek once he leant his head down for a kiss.

I pulled away with a bright smile and looked into his face. He smiled gently and reached out his face cupped my face.

“There’s that smile,” he whispered quietly, running his thumb over my lips. I melted into his chest and hugged his waist gently as his hand petting my hair over and over.

“I have to leave, Mister Jeon.” I pouted, after peeking down at his watch.

His arms tightened, “I know, sweetie.”

He wasn’t willing to let me go.

“I’ll text you tomorrow, okay?” I asked, pulling away slightly.

“I know,” he sighed, “Text me when you get home, yeah?”

Mister Jeon released me from his grip, and I hopped up from his lap. I held out a small hand until he clasped it in his and allowed me to try and yank him up.

Only failing.

Mister Jeon snickered and pulled himself off the sofa and walked me to the door.

“Thanks for having me over, Mister Jeon.” I grinned, hugging his waist. He chuckled, hands coming up to cup my head, running his fingers through my hair.

“You know you can call me by my name, right?” his chest rumbled with laughter as I flushed, peeking up at him as we hugged.

“I know,” I said, “I just like calling you Mister Jeon.” I shrugged.

Mister Jeon smirked, picked me up by the hips and propped me on his hip. My dress rode up my thighs as I squealed and threw my arms around his neck.

Mister Jeon squeezed my hips gently and brushed his lips across my forehead, “I like it too, sweetie.” He smirked, “Now go on before I lock you up in here.” He joked.

I laughed and smiled, “Okay, I’ll miss you.” I cooed into his ear and pressed my lips to his cheek one final time before hopping down.

I waved over my shoulder and left once Mister Jeon handed me my tote, feeling his eyes watch me as I walked up the street.

I sighed with a dopey smile as I leaned against my front door after I shut it behind me.

“Working late, huh?” Vic asked with crossed arms as he stood in front of me, steam practically coming out of his ears.

I frowned guiltily, head drooping.

Crackers.

“Explain."

***

THIRD POV

Jungkook let out a low chuckle, feeling love coursing through his veins for his little Elena as he watched her safely walk to her house.

He could hardly believe she felt the same way he did. He was well on his way to being madly in love…if he wasn’t there already, that is.

She brightened his world along with Dae.

They needed her.

He missed her already.

Once she was out of sight, he stepped back inside his house and sighed once his phone rang.

Why couldn’t he have one night that he didn’t have to deal with anything work related?

With an eye roll, Jungkook picked up his phone, eyes lighting up as he looked at his lock screen.

A picture he had taken of Dae and Elena – smiling brightly as they held one another.

He was debated whether or not to get it a physical copy and hang it in his office.

His phone starting ringing again, and Selene’s contact flashed across the screen.

Jungkook wanted to groan.

Why was she calling him this late? He expected her to still be avoiding and silently hating him, like she had been doing since the night he refused to sleep with her.

Hesitantly, he answered the phone – praying everything was alright with the company.

“Selene?” he questioned, “What’s wrong? Why are you calling so late?”

He heard her breathing deeply on the other and worry took hold over him.

“…I’m pregnant."

***

ELENA’S POV

Vic and I sat across from each other on the couch. His stare burned into me, shame filling my veins.

“You've been lying to me, Elena. Why?” Vic asked, hurt welling in his eyes.

I felt my chest clenched.

I didn’t want to hurt him.

Guilt weighed heavily on me and I slowly looked down at my hands.

“I…I wasn’t ready to tell anyone, Vic. No one know…and we’re taking things slow.”

“He’s a thirty-year-old man with a child, Elena!” Vic nearly yelled.

“This isn’t like casual dating, El. He’s not searching for a short little relationship, he’s looking for forever.”
He reminded me, raking his had through his hair, “You’ll be throwing your life away if you continue to see him.”

I stared, appalled, at my brother as he shot to his feet and began to pace.

“I won’t be throwing my life away, Vic.” I shook my head, frowning. How could he say that? “Look…I…well, I really like him, Vic…and I may even love him at this point. And he cares for me too, he takes care of me and he makes me feel worthy of love.” I sighed.

“I love Dae, too, Vic. They mean a lot to me. I’m sorry for lying to you, but I wanted to be sure of my feelings before I told you.”

Vic leaned against the mantle and stared deeply into my eyes, reading them.

“Are you sure, Elena? You really want to be with Jungkook?” he asked, calling him by his first name.

Without wasting a second, I nodded.

“I do.” I said, nodding.

Vic released a heavy sigh and plopped onto the couch next to me.

“Well, you’re an adult, Elena.” He sighed, “you can make your own decisions…but if it means anything to you, I’m happy for you. I’ll support you with anything.”

A teary smile left my lips and I threw myself into his arms.

“Thank you, Vic! Thank you!” I let out a laugh of pure joy.

Vic hugged me closely and pecked the top of my head.

“What are you going to tell him when you have to leave?” he asked, putting me in a somber mood.

My lips thinned in worry as I was once again reminded of my parents.

“The truth. It’s not right to lie if you want a healthy relationship.” I said truthfully.

If I was going to go all in and start dating, I didn’t want lie or be lied to.

Vic’s jaw ticked, “What will he do once he learns of Mother's true feelings towards you? Will he want you to go?”

I cringed at the reminder of Jasmine.
“I don’t know, Vic. But she’s your mother; not mine.”

It seemed like nothing could destroy the happiness I was feeling now, not even Jasmine Morgan.

***

THIRD POV

Jungkook was panicking.

Pacing up and down the hospital room, Jungkook felt faint.

This couldn’t be happening.

He called Dae’s nanny the minute he got off the phone with Selene and joined her at the hospital.

“Jungkook?” Selene whispered, laying a hand on his arm. He recoiled from her touch and shook his head, and turned his gaze away.

He felt sick to his stomach.

Fuck!

“Miss. Park?” a distinctively familiar blond haired man entered the hospital room, sporting a white lab coat with his dapper purple button down shirt underneath.

The man’s emeralds eyes widened as he took in Jungkook.

“Yes?” Selene asked, wrapping her arms around her abdomen, lashes fluttering.

The man looked away from Jungkook, watching him gaze at the floor.

“So, it’s true?” she asked hopefully, a sparkle in her dark eyes. “I’m pregnant?”

Jungkook wanted the earth to swallow him whole.

The man swallowed and nodded, glancing to Jungkook yet again – apparently reading the situation.

“Three months to be exact.”

Jungkook felt like the world came to stop.

He didn’t hear the rest of the conversation between the doctor and Selene. The only thing he could do was fall down onto the only chair in the room and glared at the floor.

“I told you, Jungkook, it’s yours.” Selene said snidely, if you looked closely enough, you’d see the malicious victorious gleam in her eyes.

Only Jungkook didn’t see it.

Fuck!

How the fuck would he tell Elena?
He nearly had everything he wanted, and then Selene had to get pregnant.

“There’s no way.” He shook his head stubbornly, clenching his tattooed fists. “I used protection every time we fucked, Selene.”

He was beginning to grow angry.

Selene only shrugged, “Condoms break.”

“Fuck.” He whispered, tugging his hair. Jungkook felt his heart breaking inside his chest.

And for the second time in the thirty years of life, he wanted to break down into tears.

He had to tell her.

Jungkook turned around and stormed out of the hospital room, unaware of the blonde doctor’s gaze on him.

***

ELENA’S POV
THE NEXT DAY
3 PM

Handing the customer in front of me their order, I sent them a blinding smile.

“Have a wonderful day!” I said, the women and child in front of me returned my smile and words happily before leaving.

My happiness was limitless.

I had decided to tell Mister Jeon everything involving my parents later today, I was nervous, but I hoped he wouldn’t be too upset with me.

I smiled down at my shoes, hearing another customer approach.

“Hi! Welcome to Marc’s Café—Oh, Mister Jeon! How are you?”

Seeing Mister Jeon’s face never failed to make my heart skip a beat.

“Hi, sweetie.” He said, lacking his usually happiness. I immediately frowned and looked into his eyes.
His eyes were pained as they looked into mine.

My lips parted, “Mister Jeon, what’s wrong?”

He swallowed audibly and avoided my eyes. Dread pooled in my lower belly.

“Can I speak with you right quick? If you can step away?” he asked.

Crackers.

I slowly nodded, anxiety welling the longer I stared at his defeated stance.

“Yeah, of course. Just give me a moment.” I forced a smile and hurried into the back.

As I was expecting, Marc was in the back with the other employees.

I scurried up to Marc, “Can you sent someone to take over orders? Mister Jeon came in and he wants to speak with me.”

Marc furrowed his brows, “Sure, I don’t mind.” For a moment, I thought I could detect worry in his tone.
I sent him the best smile I could muster.

“Thanks, Marc. I’ll be right back.”

I turned around and left the kitchen, failing to see Marc pulling his cell phone out of his pocket and dialing a number frantically.

“Sorry that took a minute.” I smiled, joining Mister Jeon at one of the tables at the back of the café.

I felt his hands shaking as he sat me on his lap and held me tightly against him in a hug before I sat in the chair across from him.

Mister Jeon forced a wobbly smile. “It’s okay, sweetie. How are you?”

“I’m okay,” I said, distracting myself by running my fingers over the smudges on his watch.

“What’s wrong?” I whispered, looking up at him. Mister Jeon clenched his jaw.

“Selene’s pregnant. Three months.” He said, spitting out the words as if they were acid on his tongue.

“…it’s mine.” He croaked, eyes firmly set away from mine.

I sucked in a sharp breath as the world came to stand still.

She’s pregnant?

And it’s his?

I felt sick to my stomach.

“What?” I stammered. My heart thudded inside my chest.

“…and I have to be there for her, Elena….she’s…” his eyes closed momentarily after seeing the hurt in my eyes.

“She’s going to move in the house tomorrow.”

Blood rushed into my eyes as his voice became muffled and static.

“I think it’s best to put a hold on…us…” he choked out, pain radiating in his eyes, “until I figure this out.”

It took everything inside of me not to react, even though it felt as if a sledgehammer was beating me in the chest.

I couldn’t remember much after that.

All I could feel was the heartbreak crushing me.

I think I may have told him to leave.

When I came to, I rose from my feet shakily and took slow steps into the back, where Marc was already watching me.

No one else seemed to notice the state I was in.

“Elena? Can you hand me that pot?” Marie asked.

I jerked to attention.

“Sure.” I whispered, taking slow steps to the coffee pot.

Marc took a step forward as I gripped the coffee pot in one hand, not noticing the searing of my skin until it was too late.

I couldn’t even scream, even though I felt the pain.

Marc pried the pot out of my grip as the employees gasped.

The sound of the glass shattering as it hit the floor felt like my heart shattering in a million tiny pieces.

Ignoring the crippling pain in my hand, I crumpled to the ground in a heap of tears a misery.

Breathing heavily as pain ricochet through my body, I fell forward onto my hands and knees and voitmited.

The hours passed in a blur. My family arrived and took me to the hospital to treat the burn that was nearly the size of my palm.

Apparently, they already knew what was going on.

They knew Selene was pregnant, they knew it was his, and…and they knew it ended things between us before they ever truly started.

I couldn’t bring myself to speak much as they brought me home and Vic tucked me into my bed.

I wanted to feeling to go away.

If love was what I felt for Mister Jeon, well I didn’t want it.

Max whimpered and nudged my leg as I stared up the ceiling, preparing to make a decision.

I could hear them talking in low tones downstairs.

I sucked in a sharp breath and threw my legs over the side of my bed and stood up.

I didn’t attempt to look out the window to Mister Jeon’s house like I normally did.

Max followed me loyally as I left my bedroom, clutching my bandaged hand with my free arm.

“Elena? What why are you still up?” Vic asked, jumping up from his seat.

My lips thinned as a sniffle left my lips.

“It’s time for me to leave, right? To stay with my parents?”

Mr. B and Vic exchanged a look, but I interrupted.

“It’s no use trying to convince me otherwise. When do I leave?” My voice was low and scratchy as I took a seat on the couch, laying my head on Sang’s shoulder.

Vic swallowed, “Tomorrow…if you want.”

Perfect.

“Sounds good to me.” I nodded, “…and don’t tell—”

“We don’t, E.” Sang smoothed my hair back.

I flinched away instinctively.

Mister Jeon used to do that.

Another wave of tears welled in my eyes.

Vic looked away, swallowing past the lump in his throat.

“I’m think I’m going to sleep.”

I stood up from my seat and walked back to my bedroom.

And as I laid down and sobbed in my pillow; not even Max could comfort me.

So he soon left.

Left me alone in my sadness.

My heartbreak was limitless.

END OF ACT ONE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1K 37
*coming soon* Start date: 08/09/2023 End date: ????
1.2M 35.7K 100
₊˚ˑ༄ؘ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 ❝ 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅𝒔 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚, 𝒊𝒕 𝒂�...
31.3K 2.3K 17
**COMPLETED** Sang Sorenson has finally found her pack. She has finally found a home. She is excited to be going to high school with the others but w...
You Again By Lya

Fanfiction

170K 7.5K 38
After the Ashley Waters mission, the Blackbourne Team and Sang were planning on spending time together. When an important mission comes up, they leav...