The Heirs

By SuitorofHell

Running was always his option whether he liked it or not. And surviving is the only thing that matters. But a... More

author's note
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
author's note
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
epilogue
quiz
promotions

chapter 50

66 12 0
By SuitorofHell

"Aaaack!!!!" Both Jamie and Cullen let out a loud shriek after Max's head blew in front of their face.

Their loud scream woke the couple up from the tree house as well but were both still oblivious until Jamie and Cullen screamed again for the second time.

A gunshot was fired right next to the two but it seems to have missed their heads. The couple reacted by instinct and went to hide behind the large body of the tree. Trembling as they hurried over and watch as the headless body continues to stain the ground with blood.

"Cullen!? Jamie?!" Annabelle calls. "Is everything okay?"

"Get down!!! Whatever happens don't go out!!!" Cullen frantically yelled at the two above them.

The couple exchanged worried looks but did as told anyway. They hid behind the tree's body too since the tree house was built around it. Anxious and scared, they stayed still waiting to hear more from the two.

"Are you guys okay? Is anybody hurt? What about Steel and Mei?" Rasmus asks while caging the girl around his arms.

He could feel the fear engulfing the girl no matter how much she tries to keep a serious facade. Jamie is no different. Her body is shaking tremendously while her gaze is fixed to nothingness. Both Cullen and her face are covered with blood because of Max's head exploding literally on their faces.

"It's just us! Steel and Mei went to the forest with Ronin! They're okay for now!"

"What about Max? Where is he?" Rasmus asks again but Cullen doesn't respond again…

"Cullen! What's going on? Where's Max?! What happened down there?!"

"Somebody blew his head right in front of our fu**ng face!" Jamie screams with gritted teeth and eventually breaks into tears.

It keeps playing in her head like a broken radio. And it makes her skin crawl and her stomach making a turn.
The news made Annabelle and Rasmus more worried. Max is dead and they are in danger right now.

"W-we have to let Cayden and the others know. That's the only way we can get out of here." Cullen thought.

"H-how?! Our phones are up there." Jamie whimpers and hides her face on Cullen's chest. Staining his uniform with the blood.

"Rasmus!!! Can you try to call the others from there?" Cullen yells.

"I-I'll try." Rasmus replies back and immediately looks for their phone.

They left it on the chairs which are a bit far from their hiding spot. Jamie and Cullen's phones are on the table.

"S-stay here." Rasmus whispers at Annabelle and tries to reach the phone but the girl pulls him back.

"No! It's dangerous."

"It's fine. We're still inside. I'm just gonna grab the phone to call the others." He said to her and tried to reach the phone again.

Rasmus managed to get to the chairs by crawling there. He quickly picks up the phone but as soon as he got it, he was shot by his shoulder and the impact pushed him to the floor and made Annabelle scream his name. The phone was thrown and slipped through a hole. It fell down the ground near Cullen and Jamie which caused the phone to break.

"What happened??!" Jamie and Cullen yell immediately after hearing Annabelle.

"Rasmus!!! Wake up please! Wake up!!!" They could hear the girl crying from above and it didn't take long before blood suddenly started dripping from the wooden floor of the tree house.

Jamie and Cullen shared panicked faces at each other and also called to the prince.

"I-I'm fine…" Rasmus managed to speak as he groaned in pain.

He could feel his own blood seeping out from his body and the impact of getting shot is somehow draining all his strength rapidly.

Seeing the boy wake up made Annabelle bawl and desperately held him by his hand as she tugs on it, beckoning him to come close.

"I'm fine!" Rasmus said loudly to also assure the other two below.

He looked around to find the phone and could only groan seeing it broken not far from him. He can't reach for the other phone anymore now that he got shot at his first attempt.

"I'm sorry. The phone's broken. I-I don't think I can reach the other one!" Rasmus yells to let Jamie and Cullen know.

"Leave it!!! Just hide with Annabelle and you better stay fu**ing alive!!!" Jamie was quick to yell back.

Rasmus didn't need to be told twice as he carefully crawled back to their hiding spot. Annabelle hurriedly took off her white blouse leaving her only with her crop top. She used the blouse to cover the wound and pressed on it. Unaware of the effect of her actions to the male.

"J-just hold on okay!? W-we're gonna get out of here! And we'll take you to the best doctor!!!" Annabelle whimpers as she presses on the wound.

Rasmus smiled weakly as he held onto her trembling hands that were pressing the blouse on his wound.

"Anne. This won't kill me. I may be hurt now. But I've gone through worse… And it will take them hell to take me down." He said to her with a gentle tone and caressed the girl's cheeks.

"H-how could you say that?!! You got shot! We don't know when we can get out of here! What if you lose too much blood before we get help!!?" Annabelle cries helplessly.

"I won't! I promise! I'll never leave just like that." Rasmus continued to assure him.

Annabelle sniffles as she nods her head and forces a smile at him.

Meanwhile, below them… Cullen was busy trying to calm Jamie who had been panicking from time to time because of the blood.  He happens to spot his brother, Monina, Ross and Luna walking in their direction.

They look pretty busy talking to each other too and haven't noticed the gruesome scene just yet.

"Hideeeee!!!" Cullen yelled all of a sudden and even made Jamie surprised by it.

The sudden yell made the couple in the tree house and the other four alert and of course surprised. But the four all crouched in instinct and anxiously ran to a nearby big tree. 

"Wha- what's wrong?!" Luna asked, a little irritated, thinking Jamie and Cullen are just pranking them.

Cayden and Ross who were the most surprised and almost got their hearts jumped out of their bodies. The two looked at Jamie and Cullen and the first thing they noticed were the red color stains on their faces and clothes.

Anybody would first think they're just playing with red paint. But that wouldn't be the case if you finally see a headless body not far from the ladder of the tree house.

The two let out a gasp and when the girls saw it too, they reacted the same. More like screamed in terror.

"W-wait! Are you guys okay? Cullen?!" Cayden immediately asks his brother.

"Yeah! Rasmus and Annabelle are up there hiding. But I think Rasmus got shot! We have to get out of here and take him to the hospital!" Cullen replies.

Ross cusses out at the info and frustratingly pulls on his hair. Then he suddenly remembered…

"Steel! Where's Steel? And Mei??!" Ross yells too.

"Ronin walked with them to the forest. They haven't gotten back since then." Cullen replies again.

"We wanted to let you know. But we couldn't make a call. Jamie and I left the phone up at the house. And when Rasmus tried to grab the phone he got shot." The boy added.

Jamie looks up at him with concern. She could see that Cullen is trying to stay strong and brave but his shaky voice says otherwise.

"It's alright! Everything will be okay now! Just stay put!" Cayden assures them as he grabs his phone from his pocket.

"Ross! Call in as many security guards as you can. I'll do the same. And Monina! Luna! I need you two to try and call Mei or Steel to make them aware. I'm not sure if there's good service where they are right now, but still try." Cayden said to the three as they pulled out their phones and started making necessary phone calls.

Ross and Cayden managed to get assurance of security guards arriving at ETA in 10 minutes.

Monina also managed to get in touch with Steel and Mei. The two eventually sneaked out of the forest and went to the amusement park in the city. With Ronin watching them of course. So they were pretty safe since they got to a crowded place.

About 10 minutes. Security started pouring into their location and as bad as it sounds, they didn't have much choice but to reveal their secret hiding spot. Especially with the prince's life on the line.

But they couldn't leave right away because the security had to track down first where the sniper bullets came from. But by the time they found the hiding spot of the sniper, the person had already escaped.

Rasmus was immediately rushed to the hospital and had to undergo a surgery. He lost a lot of blood too. Both the Wilsons  on the other hand, as well as Cullen had to be taken to a counselor due to having witnesses on their faces of what happened.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703K 2.7K 66
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
47.3K 3.4K 103
[CITY HEART] Can't I Touch Your Heart? is a book by @Ryusensei2000 (Ryu Sakurada) This is a FAN FICTION of that story E m b r h e a AFTERLIFE * * *...
190K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
7.4M 206K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...