─ limitless ; jjk

By LivelyPotter

─ in which shy, introverted elena morgan meets jungkook jeon and his son. 2024 © LivelyPotter acade... More

─ 00. synopsis
─ 00. act one
─ 01. intimidating men
─ 02. twenty dollar bill
─ 03. surprise meetings
─ 05. caught
─ 06. dirty thoughts, innocent mind
─ 07. the book
─ 08. shocking revelations
─ 09. the distance between us
─ 10. limitless
─ 00. act two
─ 11. bruises
─ 12. broken
─ 13. ruined
─ 14. home and heartbreak
─ 15. mind, heart, and soul
─ 16. never like this
─ 17. would i?
─ 18. whole
─ 19. this sucks
─ 20. i wish i could hate him
─ 00. act three
─ 21. string her up
─ 22. family is a choice
─ author's note
─ 23. special nickname
─ 24. mommy?
─ 25. the truth, at last
─ 26. sleepover?
─ 27. madly, obsessively, innocently, and captivatedly
─ 28. homeward bound
─ 29. together once more
─ 30. unconditionally devoted to her
─ 00. act four
─ 31. caught red handed
─ 32. elena's 'great' escape
─ 33. desperately seeking
─ 34. call me by my name
─ 35. bedtime stories
─ 36. late night conversations and confessions
─ 37. a goddess in disguise
─ 38. don't let the hard days win
─ 39. entirely hers, forever
─ 40. my love for you is limitless
─ 00. act five
─ 41. good girl
─ 42. smutty books, addicting lips, and dark promises
─ 43. not so innocent after all...oh crackers!
─ 44. don't worry about me
─ 45. no other comparison
─ 46. kayli made me do it!
─ 47. toy stores
─ 48. being outed by a six-year-old
─ 49. lost without you
─ 50. epilogue
─ limitless; a moment of reflection

─ 04. vicious women

403 33 23
By LivelyPotter

─ 04. vicious women

***

ELENA’S POV

Weeks have passed since meeting Mister Jeon and his son.

These weeks have been the best weeks of my entire life.

I wake up, dress for work, and catch Mister Jeon on his morning run at eight in the morning, and tried not to get caught gawking at his body in his running shorts, and tank top - his tattoos on full display to my eyes.

I felt blessed whenever Dae would come out of the house and greet me with one of his tiny hugs and played with Max whenever I brought him for his daily walk.

Mister Jeon would always give me a kind smile and a wink of amusement as he pried Dae’s arms off my legs when I had to leave.

On a surprising note, even my brothers seemed to respect and like Mister Jeon. Of course, they didn’t know I had already seen him before they did and Sang took a liking to Dae.

But as great as things were going here, I had no idea why Sang, of all people, came to tell me to ask Mister Jeon if he wanted to join us for dinner.

“What?” I squeaked, face rapidly losing color. “Why me?”

Sang shrugged her shoulders, “You pass him every morning when you go to work, E.” She chuckled, comforting me, “He’s our new neighbor, Elena. It would be nice to get to know him and Dae.”

I looked at the clock and sighed, “Okay, I’ll invite him. What time do you want him to be here?” I asked hurriedly, knowing I would have to dress and fix my hair before I left for work.

Sang pursed her lips, “Six would be a good time, right?”

Hesitantly, I nodded.

Sang beamed and quickly hugged me, “Six it is, you’ll be able to get off in time, right?”

“I think so,” I hummed with a smile, walking towards my closet. “If it’s not busy, Marc won’t mind.”

“I’ll leave you to get dressed, thanks Elena!” Sang squealed happily, as she stalked out of my room, probably to tell Vic about the dinner.

When she left, I quickly took off my silk nightie and changed into the outfit I set out last night; bootlegged light washed jeans, a white tank top, my pink cardigan that tied at the top, and my white sneakers.

After brushing my hair and pinning the front pieces of my hair back with two pearl clips, I applied light, barely there makeup on my face before I grabbed my tote bag, lunch pack, phone, and my pink thermos, and I was off.

Shouting my goodbyes to Sang and the others and thanking Vic for letting me borrow his car – I left the house.
Shivering slightly in the chilly air, I briskly walked to Vic’s car just in time to see Mister Jeon jogging up the sidewalk. My face brightened at the sight of him, and I licked my lips – wondering how I would bring this up.

Mister Jeon slowed slightly as he saw me waiting and raised a brow, starting to smile.

“Hi, Mister Jeon.” I smiled sweetly, giving the older man a tiny wave. Mister Jeon started to grin as he slowed to a stop in front of me.

“Good morning, Sweetie.” His eyes crinkled at the corners as his smile widened – displaying bright white teeth. Mister Jeon shoved his veiny tattooed hands in the pockets of his running shorts and breathed in the morning air.

Crackers, I was jealous of how white his teeth were.

“I’m really sorry to bother you – but Sang wanted to ask if you and Dae wanted to come to dinner tonight.” I mentally cringed at how my voice slightly broke in the middle of my sentence.

“You’re not bothering me, sweetie.” He chuckled, “I do have to go to the office today, but what time?” he asked.

“Six.”

“Ah,” he nodded, biting down on his lip, “That sounds great – we’ll be there.”

I smiled and stepped away slightly to dig out Vic’s car keys from my tote. “Okay, I’ll let her know. I better get going before I’m late to work.”

Mister Jeon watched me grasp Vic’s keys in my hand, “Will you get off work in time? Dae’s been asking for you.” He chuckled, perking up at the mention of his son.

“I don’t know,” I frowned, pouting my lips slightly, “It depends.” I sighed.

Mister Jeon pursed his lips curiously, “Depends on what?”

“Marc, my boss, usually lets me leave early if there’s not much to be done. But I’ll try.” I giggled, watching the smile on Mister Jeon’s face grow at my giggles, “It was nice seeing you, Mister Jeon.”

“It was nice to see you too, Sweetie. Drive safe, yeah?” he said, starting to resume his run.

“I will!” I called after him, watching his bottom start to flex as he jogged. Flushing and scolding myself for staring at the man inappropriately.

I hissed out a breath and got inside Vic’s car and left.

***

THIRD POV

5:40 PM

Jungkook licked his lips and thought of his and Elena’s meeting this morning as he washed his face and sprayed his cologne on himself after he had dressed in his normal attire; black slacks, and a white button down shirt.

After tying his shoes and checking on Dae, Jungkook unbuttoned the top three buttons of his shirt and rolled up his sleeves as he prepared to leave. Glancing at his watch – he knew he had to leave soon.

But he had one more thing to take care of before he left.

Pressing a soft kiss to Dae’s head, Jungkook dug his phone out of his pocket and dialed Selene’s number.

“Selene?” he asked once she picked it up. “Would you mind faxing me the paperwork I left in the office, please? I need to have it done before the morning.”

Once the women agreed, he hung up the phone and prepared to leave his house.

Picking Dae up in his arms, the father kissed his son’s head and grinned as the hope of seeing Elena blossomed in his chest.

***

ELENA’S POV

6:30 PM

I grunted tiredly as the last customer walked out of the door. Knowing I let down Dae weighed heavily on my chest as I grabbed my things after Marc told me it was okay to leave.

But knowing I was only thirty minutes late, made the weight lessen. Hopefully, I would get there and not miss it.

I knew how much Sang and the others were looking forward to getting to know Mister Jeon and Dae, and I wouldn’t lie to myself and say I wasn’t curious about them.

Like, was Mister Jeon married?

I hadn’t seen a ring on his finger, but you can never be too sure.

I also wanted to find out how old he was.

“Bye, Marc!” I called once Vic’s keys were in my hand, I carried the rest of my things in my tote bag as Marc yelled his reply and I left the café.

Jogging towards the silver BMW, I hurriedly placed my things in the passenger seat and prepared to leave.

I sang along to the radio as I drove closer to sunny vale court, whistle my anxiety was growing at the thought of being in the same room as Mister Jeon.

Before I knew it, Vic’s car was parked in front of my house, and to my surprise, so was Mister Jeon’s.

I gulped and grabbed my tote and keys and stepped out of the car.

Locking it behind me, I calmed myself and walked through the front door. I hung up my bag, knowing I would get it later, and slid my shoes off my feet. I giggled to myself once I recognized Dae’s Balenciaga sneakers on the ground.

“Elena? Is that you?” Sang called out, the conversation in the dining room quieting.

I felt heat enter my face as I carefully strolled into the dining room, and smiled sheepishly once I took my usual spot at the table after kissing Sang and Mr. B’s cheeks.

It was then I realized that Mister Jeon was seated right next to me.

I could have died right then and there.

I smiled up at Mister Jeon and turned my attention to Sang.

“Sorry, just as Marc and I were about to leave, a group from Atlanta came in.” I spoke up, smiling at Vic as he scooted my plate towards me.

Thankfully, everyone was still eating the steak and potato meal North, Luke, and Sang prepared earlier.

Dae was seated beside Mister Jeon and gave me a little handshake in greeting (that had become our thing in the passing weeks).

Mister Jeon smiled down at me, “How are you, sweetie?” he asked, calling me by the nickname that never failed to make me melt.

“I’m okay, Mister Jeon.” I replied, tucking into my food. I was starving after only having a pack of gummies and a salad at lunch after being on my feet the entire day.

“How are you?” I asked once the conversation started in the dining room.

I felt so small sitting next to this beast of a man, and at times I felt intimidated, but I was slowly becoming used to his larger than life presence.

“I’m doing well.” He chuckled, gripping his wine glass with a single tattooed hand, and took a sip.

I tore my gaze away from the man and focused on my food.

Man, he was attractive even when he was swallowing wine.

It really wasn’t fair.

Mr. B cleared his throat, “How have you been settling in, Jungkook?” he asked, dabbing the corners of his lips with a napkin.

Mister Jeon was quick to reply kindly.

“We’re settling in well,” he risked a glance to me before continuing, “Dae and I decided to move here when I opened up my architectural firm here – it’s stressful getting everything transferred and settled, but it’s coming together.”

Dae giggled at the mention of his name, but happily ate the small chunks of steak on his plate.
Sang grinned, “You’re an architect? That’s impressive.” She said, a kind smile on her lips.

Mister Jeon chuckled, “I’m not to sure about that, but thank you.” He said humbly as I looked up at him with awe filled eyes.

It was impressive.

He must be really good at his job.

“You’ve made quite a name for yourself, owning two of the best architectural firms in the country, and you’re only thirty.”

Thirty!?

He didn't look thirty. Well, he wasn’t that much older than me.

Only eleven years.

Mister Jeon chuckled at the praise and thanked them again.

I sipped my water and quietly ate my food, keeping to myself.

I wasn’t much of a talker.

As the conversation continued and I had finished my dinner, Dae crawled onto my lap and amused himself by playing with my necklaces.

Mister Jeon went to pry the little sleepy boy off my lap, “It’s okay, Mister Jeon. I don’t mind.” I assured him, finding Dae’s actions adorable.

I loved to cuddle him.

Mister Jeon eyed us, softening before he nodded.

“If you’re sure.”

Dae and I giggled back and forth as the others sipped their wine and spoke back and forth after Sang served dessert.

Soon, Dae was fast asleep on my lap, arms wound firmly around my neck as small snores left his lips.

Aww.

I rubbed my finger over his little cheek, blushing as I heard the conversation in the room turned towards me.

As always, Vic and Mr. B we’re speaking of my musical interests.

“Have you been practicing, Elena?” Vic added, referring to the recital I had been asked to be apart of.

“I have,” I nodded, “Whenever I can, but I’ve done this piece before – so it’s not too difficult.”

La Campanella took me the longest to learn, but once you’ve seemed to have got it, it comes easier the more time you spend perfecting it.

Mister Jeon head turned and looked down at me, “My mother us a piano teacher back in LA, what piece do you have to play?”

Wow, this man keeps impressing me.
“La Campanella.” I said quietly, watching his eyebrows shoot up.

“I’ve heard of it – what is it that males it difficult to learn?”

“It demands enormous right hand jumps played at an uncomfortable tempo.” I smiled, rocking Dae in my arms.

Mister Jeon looked impressed and I couldn’t have been more proud.
“She’s quite the pianist – her talent easily bypassing others her age.” Mr. B boasted proudly as I flushed and avoided Mister Jeon’s eyes.

“How old you?” he asked curiously.

I gulped, “I’m nineteen.”

Surprise flare in Mister Jeon's eyes as he quickly looked away, tongue pressing against his cheek, creating a bulb.

“Do you want me to help clean up?” I asked Sang, seeing her and the boys stand from their seats.

Sang giggled and looked at the boy in my arms, “It’s okay, I’m sure if you move him, he’ll wake up.”

Mister Jeon chuckled, and stood up, “I’ll help.” Brushing off their protests, Mister Jeon helped Sang and the others put the plates in the kitchen.

“Now all I have to do is stand without waking him up,” I murmured, pushing back my chair with my legs and slowly, inching my way up.

Standing on my feet, I waited for Mister Jeon.

Dae cooed in his sleep and nuzzled closer into my neck as Vic kissed my head before walking upstairs.

“Here, let me take him, Sweetie.” Mister Jeon suddenly appeared by my side. I peered up at him underneath my lashes and nodded.

“He’s stuck on.” I whispered, wanting to chuckle. Mister Jeon shook his head, dark hair brushing his forehead as he smiled, amused.

“I’m sorry about that.” He said, walking up behind me, and moving my hair to the side.

I shivered as his warm fingertips met the back of my neck with a softness I didn’t expect. I felt him loom behind me and wanted to look back at him.

Mister Jeon tried to pry Dae’s little hands off, but the boy held tight as his father tried to unwind him from me.
Nearly waking, Dae whined in his sleep and clutched onto me tighter.

“I think we’ll have to wake him up and then I’ll put him back to bed.” Mister Jeon released a tired sigh.

“Does he not got back to sleep easy after waking him up?” I asked, cocking my head to the side, lips formed in a pout.

“Unfortunately,” he said, giving me another one of his handsome smiles, white teeth flashing in the dim lit living room.

Feeling guilty that Dae wouldn’t sleep after we woke him, I tried to find a solution.

“Would I be able to transfer him to his bed without waking him?” I asked Mister Jeon, who quickly placed his eyes on me again.

“I was like that when I was younger – that’s how my brother was able to sleep through the night.” I said honestly.

Sometimes, I’m still like that.

“That would be perfect, if your family doesn’t mind?” he asked, hesitantly.

“I’m sure it’ll be okay, Mister Jeon. Vic already went to bed and I have to take out Max anyway.” I whispered back, looking away from him as I flushed.

Was I really going to enter his house?

Mister Jeon smiled, “Thank you, Sweetie.” He then placed his hand on my shoulder and steered me out of the house.

He opened the passenger side door of his Mercedes and waited for me to climb inside.

Only I waited.

“Are you sober enough to drive?” I asked shyly, eyes adverted from his as I held onto Dae. I didn’t want to put myself or Dae inside a car where the driver wasn’t in his right state to drive. “…I don’t want to o-offend you o-or anything i-I just want to be sure.” I said, smacking myself for stuttering.

To my surprise, Mister Jeon chuckled and cradled the back of my head with one of his large hands and ran his hand over the top of my head.

Leaning into the pet, I gazed up at him.

“You didn’t offend me,, Sweetie. I appreciate you looking after Dae and after yourself.” He soothed, voice soft and gentle.

I shivered in delight at his touch and watched him with wide eyes.

“I’m completely sober, I only had a glass and the buzz wore off an hour ago, so need need to worry, yeah?” he assured me.

I returned his smile and immediately into the passenger seat, pulling the seat belt over Dae and I.

Much to my amusement, Mister Jeon opened up the back door of his car, and allowed Max to jump inside and settle his body in the back seat.

I looked around the shiny interior of the car, and inhaled. It smelled just like Mister Jeon.

The man in question got inside the driver’s seat and buckled himself in, before starting the car with a press of a button.

I watched, mouth nearly agape as he drove with one tattooed hand on the wheel, and the other resting on his perfectly sculpted thighs.

How could one man be so perfect?

As I said earlier, it just wasn’t fair.

Mister Jeon pulled into his driveway in no time, and he carefully helped me out of the car, while I held onto Dae, before letting Max out of the backseat.

Mister Jeon stopped suddenly once he noticed a car parked in front of his house. He seemed to recognize the car and sighed heavily.

“Mister Jeon?” I asked, being sweet and quiet, “Are you okay?”

He didn’t look happy.

Mister Jeon noticed my worry and forced a smile on his face.

“It’s nothing, sweetie. Come, let’s get Dae to bed so you can get some sleep.”

Mister Jeon unlocked the front door and ushered me inside as he stepped in behind me and turned the lights on.

And that’s when I got the shock of my life.

There, in the middle of Mister Jeon’a huge living room, laid a dark haired woman, splayed out on the big coffee table in the center of the room, wearing a sultry smile, legs spread wide for all to see.

Oh, and she was completely nude.

My eyes bugged out of my skull as her naked form was unwillingly burned inside my brain.

Oh my crackers

A squeak of embarrassment left my lips as I turned sharply around and threw my free hand over my eyes.

I backed away and bumped into Mister Jeon, who was frozen in horror at the scene we were witnessing.

I could never unsee this.

I wanted to drop everything and run.

Who was she?

“What the fuck, Selene?” Mister Jeon barked, eyes frantically trying to find me as I blindly fled up the stairs of his house, begging to be away from this women.

“Who the hell is she?” I heard the women spit viciously. I winced and closed my eyes tightly before opening them again, trying to find Dae’s room.

I found it quicker than I though as the voices grew louder.

“Selene, what were you thinking?” Mister Jeon seethed, angry.

My heart pounded in my chest as I carefully rolled Dae out of my arms and into his bed, and tucked him in.

Hearing Mister Jeon curse was something I didn’t expect.

I kissed his head and slowly snuck out of his room to listen in.

It wasn’t right to eavesdrop…I just couldn’t help it.

“I…you called and asked for the paperwork. I thought I would surprise you.” The women's voice softened when the conversation wasn’t on me. “Like last time. You enjoyed it, didn’t you Jungkook?”

So…this has happened before? And he liked it?

.oh.

This women must be Mister Jeon’s girlfriend.

I hated the way my chest ached at the though of him having a girlfriend.

I shouldn’t be.

He wasn’t anything to me.

“I asked you to fax me the paperwork. I have to find Elena,” he grunted, “I’m sure you’ve traumatized her.”

“Fine. I’ll be leaving.” The vicious women, Selene, spat before the shuffling of clothes was heard before the front door slammed shut.

I heard Mister Jeon sigh and move around downstairs, his footsteps moving further away as he called out my name softly, and I took my chance.

Fleeing quietly down the stairs, I ignored the calling of my name as I spied the door.

Freedom!

I wanted to forget the aching of my chest, and I wondered why I felt this way, or why I wanted to cry.

I would save the crying for later, when I was safely inside my room.
It was only a stupid little crush anyway, nothing special.

As I twisted the handle of the front door, Mister Jeon appeared feet away from me.

Mister Jeon’s eyes widened, “Elena – wait!”

I avoided his eyes and flew outside, shutting the door behind me.

I scuttled past Max in a hurry, “Come on, bud.” I ran down the street like my life depended on it, and never once looked back.

Lmfao, this is probably one of my favorite chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 2K 16
**COMPLETED** A simple mission at a boarding school turns into so much more for the Blackbourne team.
972 58 6
Woso X Supernatural/ superhero academy
8.9K 323 40
Lantford Academy - Only a couple of days ago, Gabrielle didn't know about its existence. However, she now found herself enrolling the prestigious sch...
7.7K 866 32
─ in which solaris celeste vesper, a sad girl with an unfortunate upbringing meets a man far older than her and, within his prese...