Bugs, Boys and Boxes (Amphibi...

Por VoltzyVoltz

The Calamity Box is an ancient relic from amphibia, capable of helping the user travel through worlds. Howeve... Mais

Beach bug or bed bug
Cane't hold us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
Nestfriends
Pizza tower
Y/N's gone mad
Bad bugs, whatcha want, whatcha want, whatcha gonna do?
Sussus Froggus
Snail Tales
Is this a good F-Anne-fic?
Boss Sprig
The Human Way
Love Frogs
Anne-xtreme Camping
Nurse Y/N
Visiting The Family
Saving Stumpy's Super Sick Saloon
The Travelling Bug Circus
The IRS will never get my taxes
Y/N's Theme Song Takeover
Grubhog Day- 1993 starring Y/N Murray
Drop it like it's Hop, drop it like it's Pop
War-twood
Hop-Trump vs Joe Toadstool
Authors Note
Polly and Y/N
The Bazaar Bizarre ... or was it the other way around?
Mordecanne, Sprigby and Y/Nson
A Huge Thank You
Forgiveness is a dish best served sung
Pheromonial Outbursts
Ba-dee-ya, say, do you remember? Ba-dee-ya, partyin' in Wartwood-ember
Toad Tower Trouble
Start of Season 2 Authors Note
New Season, New Start
Team Y/N-Pop: Where the fun will never start
The Sorta-Sibling Special!
ART MOTHERFUCKERSSSSSSSS
EAT THE RICH
The Stranger From the Portal and A Failed Mission
M-M-M-M-Marcy Woooooooooooo
The Newtopia Scavenger Hunt

Through the portal

4.3K 57 66
Por VoltzyVoltz

It should've been a normal day in Los Angles, but it wasn't. It never is a normal day, is it? Because theres always something there to make that one day in particular special. It can be a good special, like getting a new puppy or going to the zoo. Or it could be a bad special, like losing your child.

But lets rewind a bit as i tell you the events of what happened on this very day. It was a bright and sunny Tuesday morning in Los Angles with clouds drifting freely in the sky and birds gliding through the air. At first glance this place could be considered paradise.

There's a small house on a street. Not necessarily bungalow sized, but not too big either. Inside lived a happy family who lived in this house. A father, a mother and a child. The child in question was 1 years old and had begun crawling, unable to fully walk yet. He crawled around the house under a keen supervision of his loving parents. On himself he wore a full bodied pyjama onesie with the name "Y/N" tagged above his heart. His eyes shone innocently in the lightbulbs as he crawled around the house on his stubby limbs.

This family looks very happy. But, to make this story interesting we gotta change that. So, let me work my magic and show you how to ruin people's lives.

On the fateful day that tragedy struck, the family were all sitting outside in their front garden. The father lay in a lawn chair with dark sunglasses on his eyes, concealing his sleepily-closed eyes. His mother stood over Y/N in a flowery dress and sunhat, watching over his cautiously.

Mother: Honey, I'm going to go and get some cold drinks. Could you watch over Y/N for me?

The father raised a hand as if agreeing and it fell again as the mother went into the house to prepare the drinks. Y/N looked at his father, expecting him to do something but all he did was lay back in the chair. Y/N heard a quiet snore emit from his mouth and looked out towards the pathway at the house.

He took a crawling step towards the path, his hands pushed over the grass and onto the concrete and he had left the house. He turned and continued crawling along the pathway, no cars or people were there which was not surprising as the little street was not very popular and didn't cross into many roads.

He crawled for a few minutes until something stopped him in his tracks. A glowing blue swirl suddenly flashed before him and seconds later, a box was thrown out of it and the portal closed again. Y/N stopped, staring at the box in wonder and observed it. Ontop of it had 4 gems: green, blue, pink and yellow which were positioned in a square shape. He touched the box and gripped it in his tiny hands, feeling the hard wood.

As he looked at the box more he slowly started to open the lid. Suddenly, he was sucked into another blue portal that was created the moment the box was fully open. He was sucked through it and spat out onto a grassy ground with a dense forest surrounding him. And just as quickly as it had appeared, it disappeared again, trapping him inside the strange new world and leaving the box behind.

Y/N wailed loudly as he released he was lost and cried with streams of tears dripping down his face as it soaked his onesie but he stopped when he heard clashing not so far away. He turned around and saw an ongoing battle between two large insects. One was a large green mantis, about double the size if a fully grown adult man with giant scythe-like blades resting against it's arms. The other was a giant black ant. Not nearly as big as the mantis but still huge for what an ant should be. This insect was roughly as big as a bush and had a pitch black hide with red, beady eyes. They clashed, scythe against skin and jaws against flesh. But as Y/N returned to his crying they both stopped and stared eerily at the child.

They both approached him cautiously, as if scared of the infant's presence. They gave out their individual noises of curiosity, clicking and shrieking quietly as they observed the small child. As Y/N noticed them getting closer, his crying subsided and transformed into a sniffle. The insects were now only 5 feet away and had bent down to match his level. As they observed him, Y/N slowly began crawling to them which they responded by quickly backing up. Y/N continued towards them and eventually set his eyes upon the mantis which had been backed up against a tree.

He crawled towards the mantis quickly as it looked for a way to escape. It seemed to have given up hope as Y/N had attached himself to its leg, ready to be devoured. But as it waited for its impending doom, it felt Y/N crawl up its surprisingly sturdy legs and onto its body which was as thick as a tree branch. It stayed silent and still as Y/N explored it's body, hoping it could live to see another day. As Y/N reached its head it began to feel safe, knowing that if the tiny creature wanted to eat him then it would have already done so.

But as Y/N sat on the mantis' head he suddenly slipped off, falling through the air. Both bugs were put into panic as the child fell but thankfully the mantis extended it's arms and caught Y/N which made him laugh, seemingly amused by his fall. The ant also seemed to find it funny aswell as it let out a series of clicks that sounded like laughter. The mantis' antennae furrowed as it lowered the child into the ant's back which cause the ant to immediately stop laughing. The mantis laughed at the ant which struggled to get Y/N off it's back as he held on tightly.

The ant eventually gave up and lay on the ground in exhaustion. Both insects looked around, looking for Y/N's parents but as they saw that they were nowhere to be found they realised that the young boy was lost. They shared a look at each other, now knowing what a responsibility they had. Looking around one last time, the ant got up and began to walk with the mantis by its side, ready to start their new life.

12 years later

A creature swung through the trees of Amphibia's forest with practiced skill. He had the abody shape of a human yet there was something inhuman about him aswell. Attached to his arms were a mechanism which caused small mantis arms to spring forward from his forearms which proved useful to swinging from branch to branch. Ontop of his head sat a makeshift pair of antennae which were attached to a hairband which sat firmly in his dirty hair. Attached to his back were two see-through insect wings that went down to his thighs that fluttered gracefully as he swung from branch to branch. And over his face was a bug-like mask that fitted over his face. It was dark green with large red eyes that were similar to a fly. This was the new Y/N.

Ever since Y/N could remember, he had always lived in Amphibia with his parents, Mantis and Ant. They took him in when they found him as a baby lost in the woods. When he was old enough to go out alone, he would go to small villages to steal food and supplies for his family, including clothes which was what he was currently wearing. Thank god that some frogs were almost his height.

On this current day, he was headed out to one of his favourite towns: Wartwood. The food there was always delicious and he always had entertainment from the wacky individuals that inhabited the town. He longed to be part of their society but he knew that he could never due to his abnormal body. Mantis and Ant always told him that people would be scared of him if he ever showed his face and body which was one of the main reasons why he wore his mask.

Swinging through the tree branches, he saw it and dug one of his claws into a tree and surveyed the town. Everyone there looked so happy and joyful. Y/N cracked his knuckles, almost falling from the tree as he did so but managed to dig his other claw into the tree.

Y/N: Alright, in and out. Don't try to hurt anyone. Grab the food and go. Wait, what day is it? Oh please tell me it's Wednesday, the best cabbages are sold on Wednesday.

As Y/N wondered about cabbages, he shook his head to get rid of the thought and leapt off the tree and onto the floor. He hid himself in the shadows of the trees and slowly approached the market where stalls sat ready to be stolen from. Whatever Y/N and his parents could eat, he would get.

First he nabbed some turnips and cauliflower when the frog at the stall was distracted. That would be a perfect meal for himself. Now he had to get some meat for his parents. He looked around and saw a stall stocked with insect pies. Y/N snuck over there and took a few off the shelf and concealed them under his clothes before turning to leave.

But out of the corner of his eyes he saw something. There in the middle of the market were his beloved cabbages. He spotted them and his mouth watered at the though of its taste. But it was too risky, he could never get to it without being seen. Unless ...

Y/N leapt from behind the stand, hiding behind frogs with their backs turned. Just as he was about to snatch a cabbage from the stall, he heard a shout come out from behind him.

Wally: What in the world is that?!

He quickly turned around and saw Wally, the town crazy-person, pointing at him with an open eyed stare. Soon, everyone in the town was looking at him. Some shrieked, some his behind family or friends. Y/N stared back, his mask thankfully concealing his face. He slowly reached for the cabbage and stuffed it under his arm. The townspeople watched him carefully, he had to be sure not to make any sudden movements.

Y/N: Leg it.

He let intrusive thoughts win as he quickly sprinted towards the forest. The second he did, he heard the townspeople shout and chase after him. He wasn't sure if they were armed but he wasn't gonna stick around to find out. The second he reached the trees he quickly climbed up using his claws and jumped quickly through the branches with the mob hot on his tail ... or should I say wings? Hahaha, end my life.

He didn't stop running until he heard the sound of footsteps die down where he leant against a tree while sitting on a tree branch to catch his breath. He sighed and looked up at the canopy.

Y/N: They were right, I'll never be accepted.

He slowly got up and jumped back to his cave. Thankfully, all the food remained intact, although a little smudged but none of them were really picky. Once he arrived, he was greeted by Ant.

Ant: Hey kiddo, why the long face?

Y/N: The face elongator found me.

Y/N forced a laugh and handed Ant a pie which he gobbled down and he went over to Mantis.

Y/N: Here Mantis, heres yours.

Mantis: Y/N, whats up? I haven't seen you this glum in ... well forever. I mean come on, you're still wearing your mask.

Y/N sighed loudly and removed his mask and concealed it in his clothes.

Y/N: The people of Wartwood caught me today and I don't think I have a chance at being their friends now. They tried to attack me.

Mantis: Well thats how alot of friendships happen. I mean, do you remember when Ant and I met you?

Y/N: I was just born then, how am I supposed to remember that?

Mantis: Oh, well when we found you it was the best day of our lives. But at that point we were just animals fighting over food. But when we both saw you we immediately stopped. Something about you just then told us you were special.

Y/N smiled and wiped his eyes and hugged Mantis' long and sleek body.

Ant: Listen kid, if you want to then maybe we can try move a bit closer to Wartwood, show people you aren't a threat.

Y/N: Hey!

Ant: Alright alright, to show people you aren't aggressive then. Better? Besides, we can't keep you living here for all of your life. It's time you went out and had new experiences, make a friend. There's someone out there for everyone.

Y/N's eyes lit up and squealed in excitement, hugging both of them in a tight squeeze.

Y/N: Thank you thank you thank you! I'm gonna go out and scope for a new cave to move to. You guys finish your food.

Y/N quickly stuffed his turnips and cauliflower into his mouth and chewed quickly and swallowed. He rushed out the door and clambered up a tree but immediately started clutching his heart.

Y/N: Ah! Heartburn! Ow ow ow ow ow.

He inhaled deeply until the pain stopped and he jumped away. His wings fluttered in excitement with each jump. It didn't take too long to get near the outskirts of Wartwood and he immediately started looking for a cave. It took a bit of time but eventually he found one big enough for all three of them. He quickly memorised the location and made his way back to his family.

Y/N: Guys! There's a perfect cave just by the outskirts of Wartwood!

Mantis: Good going kid, which was is it? I'll head over there now and build us some leaf beds.

Y/N pointed in the direction he just came from and Mantis began to go that way. Y/N smiled and turned his head back towards Ant.

Ant: So, you ready for this?

Y/N: I've been ready for 8 years! I can't wait for this!

Ant: Alright alright, calm down. Yknow, you're really starting to become a man aren't ya? I'm sure you'll be metamorphosing soon.

Y/N puffed out his chest in pride with a smirk on his face.

Y/N: Well, not to brag but I am gonna be turning 14 in a couple months so I'm not really surprised.

Just as they were about to leave, they heard a scream and a series of shrieks that sounded very insect-like and familiar.

Both: Mantis!

Y/N: He must be in danger! I'm gonna go help him. You catch up to me when you can.

Ant nodded in agreement and quickly began scuttling over the forest floor towards the sounds of the screaming. His small legs didn't make him very fast so it would take some time before he got to Mantis. Y/N climbed up the closest tree and leapt through the branches towards where he heard fighting. In a clearing of the trees he saw Mantis and two other creatures. One was a small pink frog firing stones at Mantis with a slingshot and the other ... well he wasn't quite sure what it was. All he saw was a strange body which didn't at all loom like a frog and a large mop of brown hair who brandished a tree branch as a weapon.

Mantis slashed at the two creatures with his claws but they kept dodging and firing stones at his eyes which caused him to shriek out in pain again. Y/N fumbled around in his shirt and took out his mask and fastened it to his face. Just as another rock was flying towards Mantis' eye, he leapt from the tree and cut it clean in half with his claws.

Sprig: What the what?

Y/N landed infront of Mantis with two clean cuts of the pebble by his sides.

Y/N: Mantis, you go. Ant is coming. I'll deal with these two.

Mantis: But they'll ... but they're no match for you. I believe in you kid. Now go teach these guys a lesson.

Mantis went back into the covers of the trees with his injured body and the two faced towards Y/N with determination and slight fear.

Anne: Sprig, what the heck is that thing?

Just as Sprig was about to answer, Y/N leapt forward and slashed at Anne with one if his claws which she dodged.

Y/N: I'm gonna teach you what happens when you mess with my family.

Anne: Wait, you can talk?! Are you a frog?

Y/N: Heh, you wish.

He slashed at her again repeatedly with his claws as she stumbled back until she was against a rock with her back against it. Y/N went to deliver the final blow but she held up her branch to block his claws. Y/N began to push down harder, hoping to break the branch. Just then, he heard the sound of a rock whistling through the air as it soared straight towards him and his is mask.

His mask tumbled off his face, hitting the ground. Both creatures gasped as they saw his face and Y/N backed up. His vision returned to the regular colours as the red tint retreated back to his mask and he saw them both looking at him. The tiny frog looked at him with both confusion, fear and wonder. Meanwhilst the girl still didn't show her face. He hadn't seen it the whole fight. Y/N went to grab his mask but it was quickly taken away by the girl. Just then, they both looked up and he saw her face.

Y/N: You're ... you're like me!

Anne: Wait, I didn't know there were humans in this world.

Y/N: Humans? Whats a humans?

Anne: Well, its us. You're a human, like me. And if there are no other humans here then that means that you probably came through the same portal as I did!

Just then, there was rustling in the bushes behind him. Anne and Sprig quickly got into battle stance but Y/N just turned around and saw Ant and Mantis staring at him.

Y/N: Put your weapons down.

They both lowered their weapons and Y/N walked up the the two giant insects.

Y/N: Guys, is it true that I'm from another world?

They both pondered for a moment before answering.

Mantis: Honestly, I'm not too sure. All I know is that you're one of a kind and nobody could ever be as special as you.

Y/N: So ... what should I do? I feel so confused right now.

Ant: I think we all knew that this was going to happen eventually, but Y/N, its time for you to make your own adventure without us.

Y/N: What are you saying?

Ant: Maybe you should stay with this "human". She could teach you the ways of your people better than we ever could. Besides, if what she says is true then there could be a chance she could help you get back to your own world.

Y/N looked towards Mantis who nodded in agreement. Tears began to form in his eyes.

Y/N: Well, if you think its best for me then I'll do it. I'm gonna miss you guys!

Y/N took them in for a hug and they both returned it with their giant heads.

Mantis: Don't worry Y/N. I'm sure this won't be the last time seeing eachother. Now run along before I start to cry aswell.

They broke the hug as Mantis and Ant walked back through the forest. Y/N wiped away his tears and smiled.

Anne: What did they say?

Y/N froze. He totally forgot that other people couldn't understand bugs.

Y/N: So. How would you feel as if I were to join your little gang? They said that I should be around my own people so that I can have a better chance at getting back to where you came from.

Anne and Sprig looked at eachother, deciding their answer and smiled at eachother.

Anne: Yeah, you can come along. We're gonna need all the help we can get to make this dumb music box working again.

Anne took a music box out of her backpack and showed it to Y/N. It looked very familiar to him, he swore he saw those same 4 gems somewhere else before but it must've been his imagination.

Y/N: Well if that's what will take us home then I'll do my best.

Anne smiled at him and handed him back his mask.

Anne: Here, this is yours.

Y/N smiled back and took it in his hands and shook his head.

Y/N: I don't need it. I'm done hiding who I am.

He snapped the mask in half and put it under a rock, crushing it into millions of tiny pieces. He smiled satisfactorily and stood besides Anne and Sprig.

Sprig: Hey! That mask was cool! Can you show me how to make one?

Y/N: All in good time my froggy friend, all in good time.

As they made their way through the town, Y/N received some rather unkind glares from the townsfolk. Obviously they remembered him from the chase earlier but they didn't seem as hostile towards him when they saw him with Sprig and Anne. He hoped that they would warm up to him in time and all he had to do was wait patiently.

They walked for a bit longer until they reached the Plantar farm. Y/N looked over all the delicious looking vegetables and saw something that caught his eye. A batch of cabbages. Y/N slowly pulled out the cabbage from his shirt and looked back at the cabbages in the field.

Y/N: Oh poop.

Before Y/N could do anything, Sprig had already dragged him into the house.

Sprig: Hey Hop Pop! I found another monster that we can keep!

Hop Pop: Oh thats nice Sprig, are they one of Anne's friends- you!

Hop Pop pointed an accusing finger at Y/N who gulped. The cabbage was still in his hand so there was no backing out now.

Hop Pop: Sprig, Polly, Anne. Go to your rooms. I'm going to have a word with this new house guest of ours.

They all quickly ran to their rooms. Sprig and Polly ran upstairs and Anne ran into the basement and shut the doors.

Hop Pop: Now you listen to me you little thief, I-

Y/N: I'm so sorry I stole your cabbages! They're just the best thing that I've ever tasted and I couldn't resist myself!

Y/N quickly handed Hop Pop the cabbage back and bowed his head.

Hop Pop: Huh? Wha? Well, the best you say?

Y/N nodded vigorously.

Hop Pop: Hmmm. Ha ha ha! Keep the cabbage, you've won me over.

Hop Pop handed Y/N the cabbage which he took with trembling hands and a soft smile.

Y/N: Thank you, sir.

Hop Pop: Please, call me Hop Pop. Now why don't you go downstairs into the basement and stay with Anne. I'll try fix something for a separate bedroom soon but until then you'll have to make do with being roommates.

Y/N: Ok. Thank you Hop Pop. I'll see you in the morning.

Hop Pop waved as Y/N went down into the basement where he saw Anne sitting on her bed. She looked up to him and smiled softly.

Anne: Oh, hey dude. Looks like we're gonna be roomies for now on. There's a spare bed over there in the corner for you.

Y/N looked over, expecting a leaf bed but was shocked to see an actual bed. It looked so comfy and not itchy or smelly like how leaves do.

He smiled and walked over to the bed, patting it and sitting down on it. He lay on his back on it before instantly drifting to sleep. That night was the best night he had ever slept in 12 years.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

597K 13.4K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
655K 40.1K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 45.2K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...